PDA

View Full Version : Nini's GIRL sway - its another sweet BOY!

nini
February 7th, 2012, 06:55 AM
I cant believe I got my BFP this cycle, I still feel like AF is on its way, early pregnancy has never felt like this before!!

Diet
Followed a combo of IG and agender diet plans, skipped breakfast and tried to stay below 1800 calories every day. Skipped breakfast every day, never ate before 10am, sometimes made it until midday

Supps
Calcium, magnesium, vitex, cranberry, folic acid

Timing/Frequency
o+12 with over 12 days abstinence, got up immidately after attempt and jumped down the stairs LOL.

Big O - unfortunately kind off, minutes before dh. Did not have big o throughout cycle, not once *sigh*

Douche
No douching whatsoever. Used Sylk though.

Antihistamine
none, I didnt know one would have to start days in advance :(

Exercise
None

Other
some ion stuff, ovulated on day of new moon under a female sign (pisces, which happens to be the moon phase/sign combo that I conceived my ds2 under ;)

BFP
Early BFP at 7dpo with internet cheapies, thought it was an evap as got BFN with the "better tests" for days after. THought AF was coming (still do!!). BFP 13dpo (my AF has never been late, so I thought I would test again. Also, my cervix was still high and closed - strange?)

I am so happy and relieved to say that I am completely relaxed. I am not worried at all as I have decided that I will not ever suffer Gender disappointment again. This is my last baby and I want to enjoy every minute. I now worry much more what some friends and family members will say when we announce our pregnancy (4 babies is not the norm where we live!) Anyway, I have a lovely boys name ready and feel so much love right now. I am also so happy it will be a little LIbra boy or girl <3

Just1wish
February 7th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Congratulations :)

lobella2
February 7th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Congratulations, your sway looks great!

auroara78
February 7th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Nini, I think this is an awesome sway! Bequita posted about your BFP on IG babies and I was hoping you'd post your sway here!!! YAY!!

And my favorite part is you want to stay relaxed & happy and enjoy your last pregnancy :) Too awesome!

What is your due date...late Oct.? My DS1 is a libra and he is such a charmer, so sweet, and loving!

rainbowflower
February 7th, 2012, 10:00 AM
congratulations!! and a BFP at 7dpo is amazing too! :D

wilma_five
February 7th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Congrats!!

BFP @7dpo must mean high hcg = girl right?

KnockYourBallsOff
February 7th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Great news!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!! Praying for pink for u!!!!!

Waiting4Daisy
February 7th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Congrats, looks a great sway and I'm sure girl or boy this will be the perfect wee person to round off your family x

indigoviolet
February 7th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Congratulations, a great sway and I love your attitude, reminding me to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy as this will be my last too. Good luck!

starflower
February 7th, 2012, 06:19 PM
YAYYYYYY Nini!! Massive Congratulations to you :running:told you I don't believe in evap lines ;)

Your sway sounds fantastic, and as others have said I love love love your positive attitude you have to the whole thing, it is such a great attitude to have and is very inspiring indeed!

Looks like your little Libran baby is on the way... Librans bring such joy and are very loving little personalities like my DS :awe:

Send some of that lovely baby dust my way as I hope to be joining you in the BFP stakes soon! :fx:All the very best for a happy and healthy pregnancy and a beautiful bundle of joy at the end of it xx

nini
February 8th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Thanks for all your wishes, everytime I get the panic it might be a boy, I come here and remind myself that there is no reason to. I love my boys and the idea of completing my family is so reassuring. Cant wait to see a heart beat, will go for a scan the week after next I hope.

Auroara, I am due 17 October! I will join you on the mum to be boards soon, just waiting to see a heartbeat, please God x

Wilma, I dont know if high hcg means GIrl, in fact I think its impossible to tell from a normal pregnancy test. The tests I got the early BFP from are highly sensitive, they detect from 10 whereas the ones I got from the shops detect from 25 onwards, so that might make a difference (and might be the reason I got BFN after BFP). Also I noticed that I dont get early BFPs from FMU!!! Its way too diluted. The same happened with ds2 and dd, I got hte first BFP in the afternoon. I got early BFPs with all my kids really (9dpo), so I dont think its a gender thing. In fact, I have promised myself not to obsess about gender until nub time (around Easter).

Starflower, praying you are the next one posting your sway here, yipppieh xxxxx

zanacal
February 8th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Congratulations again :D

My DS3 was due on 17th October 2009 - he was born the day before!

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Congrats!!

BFP @7dpo must mean high hcg = girl right?

There is nothing to this - no way to tell on the basis of when you get a BFP what gender baby you are carrying.

Good luck and congrats nini!!

nini
April 9th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Its a boy. Looking all good and healthy and I am thrilled to be expecting another sweet son. I am also very sad that my dream, my life dream of having 2 daughters has now forever ended. I never planned much in my life, apart from being a mother and my family always had 2 girls in my dreams. It will take me some time to get over this. I love this little boy already, but I wish he had brought along a twin sister.

I might have another child, but not for the next years. I need to work my way through my emotions first. Ask myself why I wanted daughters so badly, more than one. Isnt it my own childhood that I need to make up for? Should my daughters really be responsible to be born to make up for their mothers missed childhood? I have one healthy daughter and am so grateful for her, just like for my healthy sons. I am blessed. But right now need some time. I will be back soon, just need a break. I dont think I will sway again, I have to get my spirit into the mode where swaying does not matter anymore, where I will trust God to give me what is right.

TTC5
April 9th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Congrats on your healthy son and also, some hugs for you too ;) xxxxxxx

Myloves
April 9th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Its a boy. Looking all good and healthy and I am thrilled to be expecting another sweet son. I am also very sad that my dream, my life dream of having 2 daughters has now forever ended. I never planned much in my life, apart from being a mother and my family always had 2 girls in my dreams. It will take me some time to get over this. I love this little boy already, but I wish he had brought along a twin sister.

I might have another child, but not for the next years. I need to work my way through my emotions first. Ask myself why I wanted daughters so badly, more than one. Isnt it my own childhood that I need to make up for? Should my daughters really be responsible to be born to make up for their mothers missed childhood? I have one healthy daughter and am so grateful for her, just like for my healthy sons. I am blessed. But right now need some time. I will be back soon, just need a break. I dont think I will sway again, I have to get my spirit into the mode where swaying does not matter anymore, where I will trust God to give me what is right.

Nini, I remember when we were pregnant in 2010 and having our first daughters' together. I really loved seeing your posts because you and I had a very similar dream (to have 2 daughters - only mine was 3). I had a terrible childhood and for as long as I could remember I wanted girls to make up for all those lost years. The idea that I could raise a girl in a safe and happy environment made me feel so good inside, I guess.

Although I'm grateful now, for a long time I was sad that I was done having kids. My dd will the be the only girl and she'll never get a sister either.
But then I think about some of the positives; having my daughter to myself (sounds a bit selfish when I put it that way ;D), and since we'll be the only two females, I'm trying my best to make the bond between the two of us strong.
I love that you are so happy to be having your third sweet boy :HH:. Perhaps you may have another in the future, and maybe she'll be a baby girl :) But for now, enjoy your break and I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy. Your baby boy will be an amazing addition to your family.

zanacal
April 9th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Congratulations and hugs x

nuthinbutpink
April 9th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Thank you for updating. Congrats on your son. I hope you feel better soon.

Orchid
April 9th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Congrats. You sound like such a sweet mother. Take care.

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Nini, congrats on a healthy baby boy and (((hugs))) for you.

Indira
April 9th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Congratulations on your healthy baby boy. I hope soon youŽll feel relaxed and in peace again :HH:

hopingforsaskia
April 9th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Congratulations Nini, (I don't know you, but I can tell) you are a wonderful mum for wanting happy healthy children, and that baby boy is going to be unconditionally loved! I can only imagine how heartbreaking it would feel to know (or think) it's your last shot at getting your dream, and it not materialising for you. I'm sorry you're going through that feeling and hope you work through your emotions and come back quickly.. I'd love to get to know you! :happy: :bighug: Hugs xx

nini
April 10th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Feeling much better today. Felt awful yesterday, was sooo emotional and tearful. Today I see things a bit more clearly.

What made me break down yesterday is the fact that my friend (who has 2 healthy girls and has lost many pregnancies before, inbetween and after incl. 2 BOYS during the last trimester, one lived for some time!!!) was desperately hoping for just one boy... I prayed for her while ttcing myself that I would rather have a boy if she only gets hers! That is how I phrased my prayers in a childish, naive way. Well, she is having another girl (and this is defintiely her last, she cannot have more with all the health issues she and her kids have had -mainly chromosomal- and all the losses she had to cope with.) The idea that she had to carry 2 sons to the grave and will not get one and I get one, when I watned another girl so badly... its just hard to believe. She will have 3 girls when she had always hoped for one son. We are both blessed to have healthy children, dont get me wrong, but it does feel unfair. I havent told her yet. I think we will give each other a long hug and remember how we talked about swapping newborn clothes once she has her boy and me my girl. Of course I know I am in a better spot since I havent lost any daughters and I have one in my arms!

In a weird kind of way I am actually looking forward to working my way through this, I need to work out my own past. Take a break from ttcing and popping out babies (3 in 3 years!) and the emotional turmoil the 2 boys have brought on. The time I have spent on in gender, WOW! It has been part of my life since... 2009. I am looking forward to not being pregnant and just enjoy the children I have. I am looking forward to getting my shape back, to wearing normal clothes again. And maybe, just maybe, once this little man is in playschool, I am slim agian, I might have another baby... one to enjoy, no double buggies, no multiple kids in nappies, my older kids in school and just one little baby at home, one child that will stay longer in the house when the others have already grown up. But maybe, this son will cure this whole gender topic for me. Maybe, hopefully, I will work my way through this to the point where I know my family really is complete, I am complete with the children I have, regardless of gender. That is my new dream now. I so grateful I am only 32.

Myloves, what was your user name back then? When did you know and feel you were done? Did your husband leave it open to you like mine (I wish mine wouldnt ha ha).

oh, and I see a little Saskia in the making, sending you lots of positive vibes all the way down under xxxxxxxx

If I could have changed one thing about my sway it would have been to be less head controlled and more spiritual. I wish I had had my body and mind together. I swear I will never ever check my vaginal ph again in my life. Never. This is one thing I know and I am so relieved about it. Ha ha ha. If I swayed again I would do light LE everything, skip breakfast and not worry about anything else. Nothing. I would even monitor my cycles. I wonder what that would feel like, huh....;)

Indira
April 10th, 2012, 05:06 AM
IŽm glad youŽre feeling better today and I love your attitude!
I will read back what you just wrote if IŽll have a little boy in July, so thank you.

Myloves
April 10th, 2012, 07:12 AM
So happy to hear your feeling better. Let all your emotions out! It's a vital part of the GD healing process ;).

I understand what you mean by wanting to enjoy a child without looking after a toddler at the same time. Although ds2 was almost 4 when dd was born, it was still exhausting and I never want to go through that again.

I do feel done now - I don't think about having a BFP anymore. My husband and I only planned on having two kids orignally - I didn't mind having 3 or even four, but he definitely didn't want more than 3!
I thought I'd get two girls or even boy/girl, but when ds2 was born dh saw how upset I was and agreed to go for one more. Even if dd had been a boy, I'm 99% sure we'd have been done either way.
I think the main reason I'm happy to be done is because I want to enjoy life and watch the kids I already have grow up, instead of worrying about pregnancy/birth. Having another baby for me means I'd have to go through the newborn stage all over, as well as the baby and toddler stage, etc - I feel like if I had another I'd have less time to focus on the three I already have. The more I have, the more I have to divide my attention, kwim?

Oh and I changed my name on IG :). Twice in fact. My username was Myloves first and then I changed it to MyWishCameTrue, and lastly I changed to Up&AwayIGo! because I wanted to leave IG for good and migrate to this website.

auroara78
April 10th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Nini,

your words are truly inspirational.

I feel the same...if this is boy 3 for us, I will take a step back, enjoy the children I have, and lose some weight and enjoy my body sans baby, and then....if in a few years, if i really need a 4th child to complete our family (boy or girl), then I will try again, but I don't think I would go for a 4th unless I could be 100% content to hear boy.

Right now, I am definitely closer to that goal than I was with DS2 (I was totally, utterly unprepared to hear boy and it def. affected me).

You are so strong and I'm so glad you took the time out to write how you feel. It is just lovely, and I know you will love that little man with all your heart :HH:

starflower
April 11th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Nini, just reading this now as I have not logged on here for a few weeks (I have been avoiding it as I keep hoping to come back in with a BFP). I am really happy for you that you have a sweet Libran boy headed your way!! Regardless of whichever gender you are having, I still think this this is one lucky baby, to be born into such a loving family and to have you as a Mum! You are honestly so sweet, caring and nurturing... I think I want you as MY Mum! even though I think I am older than you so not sure how that would work.... anyway!

I continue to love and be inspired by your positive attitude to everything! You are so right too about never checking vaginal pH again, I too have given up with that rubbish. It has all meaning to me in the midst of continuing to try to TTC. Instead I am trying to continue to be spiritual as you say and realise that there are less and less things I can control in life, and that it is ultimately up to God. We are lucky as you so to have our sweet babes in arms and not have to worry with having lost a child. What will be will be.

All the very best for a happy, healthy 9 months and I can't wait to hear all the details about the arrival of the newest addition to the family, maybe also see some pics of the newest addition with the proud siblings!! :)

Thanks as always for being such an inspiration to us all xx

Sassy
April 12th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Thinking of you Nini, but so proud of your mind set now. This baby is very lucky to have you as its mummy!

clarabell
April 13th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I know how you feel, I was so desperate for a girl, I suffered with depression badly after ds 2, it took alot of convincing my dh to ttc dd the third time, I did sway but not so great as I was un aware of these websites with so much advice. When I was pregnant the third time I convinced myself it was a girl, and so at 20 week scan I was deverstated. I cried for most of the pregancy and took anti depressants and saw a councillor. Did it help ? I don't know Its only other women who suffer from GD that understand the pain and the gulit you feel. My little boy is now 6 months and yes I did fall in love at first sight, he is the easiest and happies baby ever. Where ever we go people stop me and say he is truely gorgeous, whihc he is. So why do I still get these feelings and dream of having a dd one day. I hope and pray for the future. The other day my DH said he didn't want any more children and that it would prob be another boy. I felt like my world had come to an end. I need to hang on to the dream, what do I do if he wont let me. Has anyone elso been in this situation. I pray for a miracle. I know you will love your little man, but the longing for a dd never goes away. Three of my frineds have also had girls and I find it very hard to visit them. Why !!

amari
April 13th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Glad you have peace of mind and a beautiful baby on the way!

atomic sagebrush
April 14th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Huge (((hugs))) and best wishes for peace of mind! Cheers to a new part of life beginning! :heart:

Another princess
April 15th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Nini, many congratulations on your boy. Wishing you all the very best for your future x

Hobbermittens
April 15th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Congrats on your baby boy! I'm sorry you didn't hear girl.