PDA

View Full Version : At home sperm test

nuthinbutpink
February 7th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Sperm Test to Hit Drugstore Shelves | ABC News - Yahoo! (http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/sperm-test-hit-drugstore-shelves-180803300--abc-news.html)

LolaInLove
February 7th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Ooo, we're gonna try one. Will report back.

Cinss
February 7th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the link, i passed the info onto a friend of mine who has been TTC for over a year.

Eurydice
February 8th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Honestly, its about time they put stuff like this for men. It could potentially save couples alot of time and money while ttc. (Hpts, ovul predictors,etc).

skrimpy
February 8th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I am so glad to see this happen... It's about time!

LolaInLove
February 8th, 2012, 05:10 PM
The only thing is, if it is negative, just means that you have less than 20 million, which isn't the end of the world, but does mean you need to go to the doctor and start that route. It's kind of like taking those fertility tests that First Response makes, where it indicates that your FSH is high, but you really don't know what that means exactly- could be not that high and no reason to panic. Plus, men get women pg with less than 20m all the time, so it may send some to unnecessary doctor appts when it really is no big deal. A real SA tells the complete story, and they are only around $75, but you usually need a doc's order for one.

So, in my mind, they are both good and bad, but hey, may be a good first step for some men who are suspicious that something is wrong, and going and wanking in a white sterile room is just too much for them to deal with initially. If it were much more than $40, I would say not worth it though.

I'm gonna try to find one tonight and will make DH do it.