PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go into labor on the full moon?

3Pink1Blue
February 7th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I'm 39wks 5 days. As of Thursday I'm 70% effaced and 1 1/2 cm dilated. Tonight is a full moon, did this send anyone who was so close and ready into labor?

Princess of Pink
February 7th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Fingers crossed it works for you hon xxx

3Pink1Blue
February 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks hun, I'm so ready to meet this guy!

Hobbermittens
February 7th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I don't think so. But I have heard of it working before for other people!

I hope Charlie arrives soon!!

3Pink1Blue
February 8th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Full moon failed me, still here.

purplepoet20
February 8th, 2012, 11:08 AM
What always worked for me...

Start a project that will be time consuming (my case a baby quilt). Run around the house like a hormonal mom and set everything up. Start the project but stay standing. Make dinner and eat. Take a relaxing shower and go to bed. When you are just falling asleep the contractions start. Get up and put away the project you started. Do some last minute cleaning. When it's time to go to the hospital wake up DH and watch him run around like a crazy man trying to get stuff ready not realizing your bag is already packed... by the time he calms down you tell him the contractions are 4 mins apart and you have to hurry. A few hours later at the hospital a Charlie pops out!

3Pink1Blue
February 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I officially finished all the last minute projects yesterday. House is clean and ready. My sister flies in tonight I'm hoping having her here does the trick.

purplepoet20
February 8th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Try doing 10 jumping jacks... I tried to see how many I could do the after I went into labor (DS2 was 4 days late) and I was able to do 10.

3Pink1Blue
February 8th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I can barely walk stairs let alone jump up and down lol

skrimpy
February 8th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I was seeing my chiropractor b/c I was in so much pain w/ Honor... She did something with accupressure on my ankles. I was skeptical but I left my appt. at 5pm, went grocery shopping, got home and noticed crampy Braxton-hicks. Honor was born just after midnight :p

Otherwise I'm a fan of making love with a lot of O'ing to try and get the babe moving :p

3Pink1Blue
February 8th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Oh I've tried acupressure (I'm a massage therapist) and nothing. I'm getting another sweep tomorrow, really hoping that does the trick.

purplepoet20
February 8th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Tell yourself that you are not going to deliver for a wk and see what the baby says!

3Pink1Blue
February 8th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Lol. My luck he'll call my bluff, two of my three have been a week late.

atomic sagebrush
February 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Mine have all been late too...naughty boys!!