PDA

View Full Version : soy isoflavones or vitex?

Coccinelle33
January 18th, 2011, 02:49 PM
iany thoughts?

atomic sagebrush
January 18th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I personally think vitex, since you know that soy is no magic bullet for you.

When you were taking the vitex for 8 months, did you do it every day or just AF-O?? Some people have found that it works best when taken just AF-O. If you take it more than that, it can keep you from getting pregnant.

Coccinelle33
January 18th, 2011, 09:50 PM
yes i took it from af-o once i got my period back (i was nursing)... and that what i plan to do this time as well. im taking 3 - 500mg pills a day right now. i was thinking about maybe doing the soy to get my period started again though because i want to get pregnant may-aug and i know it will be a lot harder if i haven't had a normal cycle for a while. im going to to and aim for a 2-3 day cut off this time along with maybe 0+12 +.

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2011, 12:53 PM
It won't necessarily be harder. I got pg with DS 4 while breastfeeding and I had had only one period, months earlier. I didn't have my period the month before I got pregnant with him. I actually credit the vitex with making my body able to conceive.

Coccinelle33
January 19th, 2011, 03:04 PM
do you think breastfeeding sways boy?

Viene
January 19th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Did you take soy daily or just the 5 day course to help O?

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2011, 11:29 AM
No, I think breastfeeding either doesn't sway at all or sways slightly pink.

It for sure sways "twin" which gives you a double shot at your DG.

Coccinelle33
January 20th, 2011, 12:45 PM
do you think breastfeeding sways boy?

just cd 3-7

Coccinelle33
January 20th, 2011, 06:17 PM
what do you think about me taking the vitex from now until may-aug when i hope to get pregnant and then doing the soy cd 3-7 and then doing the vitex until ovulation?

atomic sagebrush
January 21st, 2011, 12:30 PM
If you think that will work for you, I think that sounds like a plan. It sounds very close to what you did before that worked. Personally, I felt more comfortable doing the vitex 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off when I was nursing.

I never took soy so I don't really know the effects it has - you might want to add in antihistamines to counteract any increase in EWCM from the soy.

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 12:43 PM
You have the same line up as I do and I really want another girl too. I took soy with #4 and it yielded a boy. I wanted to try and sway for twins :) Well, I got a perfect little boy out of it. Since I did have a boy, I won't be using the soy again. I would like to try vitex, though....

Viene
January 21st, 2011, 12:55 PM
Do you even need the soy? If you ovulate on your own then I would think you should skip it and just continue with your vitex plan.

Coccinelle33
January 22nd, 2011, 02:02 AM
i don't "need it" i think i just lean on it to much. i used it with my dd the first time. i had been taking vitex for like 8 months and got pregnant and had a m/c and just really wanted to get pregnant again fast so i thought i would try that. i was seeing a lot of bfp's from it. i did and got pregnant right away. i got pregnant almost every time i took it. i do love it but then again i want what sways girl more. with my dd i stopped the vitex just 9 days before doing the soy.

XXdreaming
July 28th, 2011, 10:22 PM
You have the same line up as I do and I really want another girl too. I took soy with #4 and it yielded a boy. I wanted to try and sway for twins :) Well, I got a perfect little boy out of it. Since I did have a boy, I won't be using the soy again. I would like to try vitex, though....

I know this was back in january when posted lol but I was wondering how much soy did you take? I want to do soy for twins also and wondering how much I should start with, tia :)

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Guidelines to soy: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1881-Super-Soy-for-a-girl-or-a-boy
Swaying for twins: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1089-Conceiving-twins

XXdreaming
July 29th, 2011, 01:58 PM