PDA

View Full Version : urine test for gender!

deaks66
February 8th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Hi Ladies,

I just got my bfp a few days ago after swaying for a year! Came off the girl diet straight after ov so have been eating normally for a good few weeks. During swaying my ph was low (3.5-5.5 ish) but i just tried the urine test for gender and it was already a 6.1!!

When are you supposed to be able to test urine for gender (i know its a bit of fun and not an exact science)? Have i tested too early, am not yet 5 weeks. Also could coming off the diet have made it shoot up or could it indicate that i am expecting boy number 3??

Would love to know what you ladies have experienced with this!!

rainbowflower
February 8th, 2012, 07:40 AM
I think urine pH is strongly linked to diet! although most women will still be eating the same diet at 8 weeks as they did at preconception so it might be accurate for them, just not for those who change diet after a BFP

nuthinbutpink
February 8th, 2012, 07:49 AM
The urine test is a waste of money. There is a new blood test that is supposed to be accurate. Urine is not.

deaks66
February 8th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I think urine pH is strongly linked to diet! although most women will still be eating the same diet at 8 weeks as they did at preconception so it might be accurate for them, just not for those who change diet after a BFP

Thats exactly what i keep telling myself! Wish i would listen!! I wouldnt even think at this stage that the baby is that much a part of my system to be affecting my urine ph right?

skrimpy
February 8th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I would not get a urine test. Blood test is accurate though you usually need a reason for it. We got it with Honor due to RH issues. It is accurate early, around 8 weeks, but usually done between 10-15. Lenetix labs did ours.

Butterfly Spirit
February 10th, 2012, 05:28 AM
*Congrats* You can do the red cabbage gender test from you tube anywhere from 8-10 weeks. I have not seen one person have anything different from their result. It's accurate, so try it! As for intelligender.. I haven't seen it be that accurate. There's one called Gender Maker that is more accurate than IG. Have fun and come back and tell us results! ~Butterfly~ :)

Sazzer
February 10th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hi

Have heard that the urine test is unrealible as all about
What you are eating/drinking? Depending on what you have
Shows girl or boy. There was a whole thread on it before.
Think on ig

Xx

deaks66
February 10th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Im assuming the cabbage and baking soda tests are just ph tests which i dont need to do as i have my trusty hanna to test ph?!

girlmom
February 12th, 2012, 12:45 PM
they all lied to me but if you are bored and want something fun to do. i did the following. intelligender. costs about 30 bucks. told me girl. cabbage, boil the cabbage and put fmu on it= girl result. baking soda, you add 1tsp to fmu. if it fizzes its a boy if nothing happens its a girl= girl result. ring test put your wedding ring on a string and hang it over your belly= another girl result. laboroflove has a great chinese gender chart it will convert everything to your actual chinese age and month for you. most chinese baby charts are 50/50 for me. i get 3 correct. this one was actually correct with 4 of mine. again another girl result. you could check your eyes. if you have little fish hooks we veins at 5 and 7 in the left eye its a boy. surpringly this was correct for me. the other one that was correct was the bleach test. you add equal amount of fmu to bleach. if it looks like sprite its a girl if it foams up like beer its a boy. mine foamed.but remember its all for fun. keep me posted on your results and then the confirmation. i love hearing if they worked for anyone.

KellyLouise2012
February 18th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I have tried them all!! Getting totally mixed answers but all a bit of fun :) I have a very clear nub on my 12 weeks scan photo just not sure if it's boy or girl :/ x