PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard of parsley to induce your period !

littlemissnaughty7
February 8th, 2012, 03:42 AM
has anyone tried the above, you boil it in water and drink the water, has this worked for anyone ?? im due today but no sign but really wanted it to hurry up so i can ovulate in the new moon which is two weeks away !

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2012, 09:17 AM
It only works if you were going to get your period anyway. If you didn't ovulate or Oed later than you think and weren't going to get a period, it won't do anything.

Journey2dFuture
February 8th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Hi there - i have heard of parsley but never tried it.
I used Sage tea bags that you can buy from the chemist here in PL.
One pint of tea in a day and AF came the next day. :) Worked for me when i was having 50+ day cycles.

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Journey, no offense meant but you were prob. about to get your period anyway. You may be able to make a lining slough off a day or three sooner but there is NO way (without prescription drugs) that a lining that is not ready to come off, will come off early.

You guys, you don't necessarily WANT to have AF come if hormonally, you aren't in the right place. Hormones are in this very delicate balance and messing with what Mother Nature wants is never a good idea unless you're really treating the cause itself and not just masking the problem. It does no good for your uterine lining to slough off if your body is not going to then make the right hormones to trigger ovulation.

littlemissnaughty7
February 8th, 2012, 04:29 PM
thanks ladies for all your advice but its ok my AF arrived about 45 mins after i wrote this post lol.... i must of scared it with the parsley idea !!

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Now just think, had you drunk the parsley tea you would now be 100% convinced that parsley caused you to get your AF! ;)