PDA

View Full Version : Clomid and ewcm

Boompink
February 9th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Sorry another clomid question....
If clomid does not dry you put and you still have a fair bit of ewcm (enough not to need any lubrication!!), does this mean that it does not sway pink. Is this the only thing that sways pink, the drying out bit? Thanks!

LolaInLove
February 9th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Yes. I did have some ewcm the first month I used it also, but then it dried up the following 2 months.

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2012, 10:36 AM
We don't know if it's just the drier mucus that sways pink or other things too, unfortunately.

Clomid does dry you up at least somewhat, even if you can't tell the difference. When they say "hostile CM in 30-50% of people" what they are actually saying is that the CM gets bad enough to actually prevent pregnancy. It is very likely that everyone has some decrease in CM quality while on Clomid. The longer you're on it, the worse it gets. I really strongly do not advise skipping a month while on Clomid, regardless. If you feel you must, use some RepHresh or ONE antihistamine (I don't advise this, but better than skipping a month)

Boompink
February 9th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks, I was just curious, I definately won't be missing a month or messing about with anything, what will be will be now!

atomic sagebrush
February 10th, 2012, 10:37 AM
:agree: Good luck!!

kaseybaby
February 17th, 2012, 09:48 AM
This was my first month on Clomid and I had NO CM. It actually is making me nervous that I won't conceive.

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2012, 12:23 PM
This was my first month on Clomid and I had NO CM. It actually is making me nervous that I won't conceive.

I was talking to a lady who had the exact same thing happen and her RE told her point blank that "CM is actually overrated to help people get pg!" I was kinda shocked by that because that is not in line with what I've read. She didn't get pg BTW.

If you don't get pg this month, we can try adding in some Robi/Muci to help with that.

kaseybaby
February 17th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I am going to have to do something if it doesn't happen this month to help with my CM. I don't want to jump to preseed just yet, but I did use olive oil last month. I know someone who saw and RE and they told them to use Olive oil. They conceived a girl and named her Olivia, lol

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Olive oil can't help you conceive tho - it's only for a lube. If you need help conceiving because you have no CM, you have to use the Robi/Muci because that will make some CM up inside where olive oil can't go.

If it did help her, it was only because the olive oil made intercourse more comfy and fun for her and she made her own lubricant as a result. She also prob. had some EWCM up inside that just wasn't coming out.

Olive oil is not sperm friendly either. Preseed and Robii/Muci are what will help you conceive on Clomid.

kaseybaby
February 18th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Crap! This is what I get for not asking you about the olive oil. I knew it wouldn't help with conception but I thought it was sperm friendly since the person I know had an RE tell her to use it, AND she conceived the first month using it. UGH!!! I am so mad at myself.

atomic sagebrush
February 19th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I dont' think it's sperm UNFRIENDLY but sperm can't swim thru oil, of course. I'm sorry I hope I didn't panic you too much, it is VERY likely that some sperm made it into the cervix where the oil couldn't reach. I still have FX and TX that this is yoru month.