PDA

View Full Version : confused about something (diet)

Coccinelle33
January 18th, 2011, 03:07 PM
i don't eat meat or eggs. but i love milk and cheese. my normal diet is dairy, lots of carbs, and veggies. i swayed for my last 3 kids (girl) and i only got a girl the first time. that time i did the french gender diet pretty much 100% for 8 months and i did lose about 12 pounds.

now my question is... on the ig diet for ttc a girl there's a lot of things listed like eggs, cucumber, yogurt, and fruit. which is all great but the people i know who have more girls seem to eat really bad like soda all the time and junk food or just don't really eat a lot.

should i just stick with the ig diet? is there anything else out there thats better? do the french diet?

nuthinbutpink
January 18th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Atomic will chime in I am sure but you might want to read some of the threads that the swaying folks have discussed already on here with the diet. The thing about dairy, atleast fattening dairy, is yes, you get calcium but you also get some things that could boost testosterone levels in both you and DH. If you consume dairy, lowfat is the way to go. Take a look around, pull up some of the girl threads that were started and there is also a summation of a study from a company called Gender consult that helps people with blood levels and swaying and their findings regarding diet. Welcome!

Coccinelle33
January 18th, 2011, 03:17 PM
thanks!

nuthinbutpink
January 18th, 2011, 03:17 PM
This is a good one-

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?609-the-calcium-conundrum-CONTROVERSIAL

nuthinbutpink
January 18th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Another-

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?408-New-study-about-diet-amp-timing-in-relation-to-gender..

atomic sagebrush
January 18th, 2011, 09:39 PM
The diet that we're suggesting isn't the same as the IG diet or the French diet. We put way more emphasis on lowering your testosterone levels, and just like NBP says, we believe that skim dairy and eating a low protein, low nutrient diet is really important.

I totally agree about your observations of who has girls. I've always eaten tons of dairy and have all boys. The people I know with girls either eat junk or else are skipping breakfast and eating salad and Diet Coke every meal.

Curious question - when you were swaying for your daughter, it took 8 months and you lost some weight in that time - did you get pregnant more quickly with your sons? Do you think you could have lowered your testosterone MORE with her, because you were on the diet for so long and lost some weight? Maybe that's what you need to look at this time.

Coccinelle33
January 18th, 2011, 09:47 PM
it took a lot longer to get pregnant with her. with my first son i wasn't even trying and got pregnant in 3 months. my second son i was still nursing and only "actually tried" for 1 month and got pregnant. with her it took a lot longer. im still breastfeeding my baby right now but my plan is to do the vitex (which on on) straight though until af comes and then only do it af-o. im about to start charting again. im really trying to study up as much as i can this time because i really don't want feel this want for another girl after i have another baby. i want to feel content with my family and just feel done. im not having anymore. does is there anything i cant do while nursing to lower testosterone?

atomic sagebrush
January 18th, 2011, 09:57 PM
For sure don't take the saw palmetto...just be sure to check the Supplements for TTC pink for more.

lindi
January 20th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I think it's hard to lower testosterone while nursing. My son turned two and I weaned him and now I'm on to supplements big time. For now you could limit all saturated fat, and no cabbage and other cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, bok choi, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kale, collard greens, radishes, kohlrabi and rutabagas onions, garlic, meat, eggs, nuts. Good luck!

atomic sagebrush
January 21st, 2011, 12:24 PM
There are other reasons besides testosterone why nursing might sway slightly pink though.

NO one should stop nursing for swaying. It isn't worth it and it may very well HELP your sway.