PDA

View Full Version : HRC cycle date question 2012

5littlegirls
February 9th, 2012, 10:29 PM
I am new to the site! I finally have my husband onboard with the IVF/PGD process.... I am very excited and in the information gathering phase of my journey.

Can someone tell me, do all clinics have set cycle dates for IVF/PGD? If so, how is a cycle shifted to meet clinic dates? Or do clinics work with our body's own natural menstrual cycle?

I would like to cycle in May, and again in June or July if May does not result in BFP.

I am most interested in DR Potters location and cycle information.

I am a healthy 34 year old woman with 5 girls (including one set of twins). Hoping to make my boy dream a reality in 2012!

Thank you for your time.

nuthinbutpink
February 9th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Hi there. Welcome. No, there are no set dates. You need to do a consult and get pretesting done before you can cycle. Pretesting starts day 3 of your cycle with some blood work, you can then cycle the following month. So, if you get pretesting done in March, you may cycle April. You can't cycle again as quickly as what you typed. If you cycle in May and get a BFN, you have to wait for AF which could take a little while and then cycle again and depending on how you respond, you may need more time to cycle again.

Just contact the office and setup a consult, which is free for Dream Members and go from there!

5littlegirls
February 10th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I am not certain if this is normal, but this is what Lori at HRC just emailed me...

If you want to come in April we are doing our cycles the end of the month April 24th-27th as DR. Potter is out of the office from the 6th-22nd. We will be doing our May procedures from May 11th-15th.

I was hoping that it would just go with a persons own cycle. But it seems that HRC at least has set cycles... Anyone with other information on other clinics and if this is normal?

purpledream
February 12th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Oh, these days would not work for me! I'm hoping to cycle the beginning for April, not the end...I'm yet to find out who I will be cycling with after my consult with Dr. P at the end of this month..

5littlegirls
February 14th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Hi Purple Dream,

I thought the same thing.... If you speak to Dr Potter before I do, maybe you can find out how they come up with these dates. Do they require all their patients to cycle adjust via BCP to match their dates? Hmmm.. Wish I knew more.

Dr. Potter
February 14th, 2012, 01:58 AM
I am new to the site! I finally have my husband onboard with the IVF/PGD process.... I am very excited and in the information gathering phase of my journey.

Can someone tell me, do all clinics have set cycle dates for IVF/PGD? If so, how is a cycle shifted to meet clinic dates? Or do clinics work with our body's own natural menstrual cycle?

I would like to cycle in May, and again in June or July if May does not result in BFP.

I am a healthy 34 year old woman with 5 girls (including one set of twins). Hoping to make my boy dream a reality in 2012!

Thank you for your time.
The main thing is that the cycles occur when I am in the office!. Otherwise, we are cycling all of the time. In April, as it states below, I am traveling presenting my research as various meetings. In most months, Lori will give patients a list of available dates. We have a limit on how many cycles we will schedule for a particular day so that we have optimal quality. We can almost always work around our patients' schedules. The cycles are manipulated by varying the length of time that the patient is on birth control pills. Most clinics do not work with you natural menstrual cycle as this would result in fewer eggs being harvested. The birth control pill, in addition to helping both the clinic and patient schedule their lives and travel arrangement in advance, helps line up a larger population of follicles at the 'starting line' and so improves the number of eggs recovered.

5littlegirls
February 14th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Thank you for shedding light on the subject. I had heard about the eggs with the BCP before, but the modifying of the cycle with them was a new subject to me and a few others.

Thank you for your reply Dr Potter!

bubbaboo
February 26th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks for this info.......very helpful for me also. We are hoping to cycle in May and have already purchased flights from Oz so just hope all works out.
So new at this......have consult with Dr P this week and can hopefully do pretesting asap.

purpledream
February 27th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Well, after some talking and logistics consideration, it looks like I may cycle in May, so we will be cycle buddies, bubbaboo, my consult with Dr. P is today! Can't wait to ask all those questions..

bubbaboo
February 28th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Great!!!! hope consult has gone well for you purpledream. Sounds great to have a cycle buddy = totally new territory for me! Can't wait to have my consult too.

3boyshopingforpink
April 16th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Thank you for this information :)

Dr. Potter
May 2nd, 2012, 01:15 AM

Thank you for your time.Hi 5littlegirls, pink is pretty much on the money. The cycle dates can be manipulated using BCPs or lupron. If you were to cycle with me, we would find a mutually convenient date. Using a natural cycle with not birth control pills is not a good idea for most patients that are considering IVF/PGD as you will get fewer eggs and embryos. The only limitation on dates is that I do all of the procedures myself and so have to be in town. Make sure to allow ample time for pre-testing. Don't wait until the last minute.

deaks66
May 6th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Can i ask how much in advance you can get pretesting done? I would be coming from the uk so wouldn't want to be leaving it all too last minute...think it would add too much stress!

Dr. Potter
June 1st, 2012, 02:22 AM
Can i ask how much in advance you can get pretesting done? I would be coming from the uk so wouldn't want to be leaving it all too last minute...think it would add too much stress!I would suggest that it be 6 months or so if possible. Particularly for the uterine cavity evaluation. If polyps or fibroids are found, you may need surgery to correct it.