PDA

View Full Version : Spotting? Not paranoid, just concerned

tinksmagic
February 10th, 2012, 04:19 AM
I know this has been addressed hundreds of times and answers have varied.

I spotted for 1 night about a week after my 5dt and again tonight at 3 weeks after my transfer. It's just enough to freak me out and it's a bright magenta and sticky. I know this is common after IVF and I've read those who are having twins also experience it, but it doesn't make getting it any less nerve wracking! I didn't get it last time with my IVF singleton and after my m/c any little cramp, twinge, pain, and discharge is having me running to check to make sure we're OK.

atomic sagebrush
February 10th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I can imagine! I can't totally reassure you, just that most of the time spotting is perfectly normal. I think that it's pinkish (even if bright pink) and sticky is a better sign than if it seemed like very fresh blood. Thinking of you. :)

Sunset
February 10th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I've never done IVF but i've had spotting in 2 of my pregnancies (ds1 and dd) so i know just how frightening it is! i'd say as long as it's not accompanied with cramps it's generally not anything to worry about, but you should mention any bleeding to your midwife/doctor. thinking of you!!