PDA

View Full Version : Washington Promise's Successful BOY sway!!!!!

WashingtonPromise
February 10th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Name:Washington Promise
Swaying attempt - Natural

CM pH : Didn't test
DH pH : Didn't test

Big O: Yes

Minerals DW
Calcium: Ate normal full fat dairy.

Potassium: Ate as much potatoes and such as I could handle.

Sodium: I normally don't like anything salty, so I tried to salt things more.

DH minerals
He Cut back on sugar and ate everything I did.

DIET:

HE diet as much as possible. I also had more protein with breakfast and throughout the day. I upped my meat content at meals and snacked on nuts, dried fuit and hard boiled eggs. Oh, and I ate gelatin that I made with OJ for snack the week of O.I also gained about 7pds.

Did you continue diet after attempt: Just until BFP.

DH consume caffeine before attempt day: NO

Drinks: All water DH and I drank was lemon water, I also had 1 glass of V8 everyday, and green tea with Stevia from AF-O......it gave me TONS of cm. Oh, and the month I conceived I started drinking a ton of coconut water ( I had already been drinking CW, but had started craving it the month I conceived and was having tons of it).

Supplements

Green Tea: Yes, drink AF-O
Vitamin E: Yes
Vitamin D: Yes
Fish Oil: Yes
Folic Acid: 3,000mcg
Royal Jelly: Yes
B12: Yes
Potassium: Yes
Zinc: Yes
Baby asprin: Yes....80mg (I had a chemical preg the month before)
Others:Multi-Vit with Green food

DH supps: ,
vit E : Yes
Fish Oil: Yes
Folic Acid: Yes
Zinc: Yes
Multi-Vit with Green food

Timing
We BDed on O day, the day before and 3 days before O.

How many kids do you have: 4 Girls, and 2 Boys

Number of months TTC: 3 Months

Your Age:29

BD position: Missionary, laid with hips lifted for 30 mins.

EWCM: Tons for eggwhite, I believe it was the green tea.

DH type of undies: boxer briefs

DH use cold bath/shower or ice: NO

I decided not to post my sway until after my 20 wk u/s and he is for sure all BOY!!! We are overjoyed. I think for us it was DH cutting back all the extra sugar he had started eating over the years, and me eating more and no sugar. Really just an overall healthy, no processed diet. I only ate until I was full and snacked to keep myself from getting hungry throughout the day. The snacking was very hard because I found myself getting hungry more often and didn't have the extra time to work a snack into my schedule. Plus, if I am snacking the children think they should be too :) I believe God had the final decision in our conceiving and even the children were praying for a baby brother before I ever fell pregnant. Thank God and Gender Dreaming for a successful sway!!! I can finally have my cowboy nursery back :)

atomic sagebrush
February 10th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I am THRILLED to read this WP! Enjoy that lil cowboy! :)

Flava
February 10th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Congrats!:celebrate: You did so good Im trying to do something like this .I even include the coconut water that stuff better work it's so expensive!:mad: how much did you drink of it ?

zanacal
February 10th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Congratulations!

nuthinbutpink
February 10th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Yay! A HE Sway! Congrats!

dloui128
February 10th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I love reading the sways, congratulations!!
I too am swaying for a boy this time, I am talking all the same supplements as you except no extra potassium and no zinc, I wonder if I should add it in.
I have never heard of coconut water, is it supposed to be good for you?

TTC5
February 10th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Congrats!!

atomic sagebrush
February 11th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I too am swaying for a boy this time, I am talking all the same supplements as you except no extra potassium and no zinc, I wonder if I should add it in.

D - you can take 8-12 mg of Zinc and Dh can take 15-20 mg zinc for your blue sway. Don't take more because you can OD on zinc.

Potassium I prefer people get via diet if they can (safer for health), and there is a thread in the Dream Members section that shows how easy it is to get potassium thru diet and why it's best to skip potassium supps if you can.

Coconut water is a great easy source of potassium (600 mg) for only 75 calories. It's great for a blue sway and since it's a drink, you don't feel so stuffed including it, but is expensive ($2 a bottle)so if you can afford it, that's great, but if not, there are other sources of potassium that are cheaper (potatoes, V-8 juice, bananas, spinach, tomato). A lot of other ideas in the potassium via diet thread.

dloui128
February 11th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Thank you

Hobbermittens
February 11th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Congrats WP!! Thanks for posting your sway!!

begonia
February 11th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Yay WP!! Congrats!

WashingtonPromise
February 12th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Congrats!:celebrate: You did so good Im trying to do something like this .I even include the coconut water that stuff better work it's so expensive!:mad: how much did you drink of it ?

I drank about 8 oz a day, but I love it....except when preggo.

Good Luck Flava, we are all pulling for you.

WashingtonPromise
February 12th, 2012, 05:13 PM

I only took the minimum amount of potassium, it doesn't absorb well in pill form anyway, but I figured if I was taking all those vitamins I might as well take one more.

Like Atomic said, coconut water is very high in potassium, but it is also wonderful for hydrating. I was TTCing all through the hot months down here in the south and it really helped. Plus, I really love the flavor. I have tried to drink it a couple times this pregnancy when I was dehydrated, but my tastebuds are so out of wack....yuck.

Thank you ladies so much for the congrats. We are completely in unbelief, even after 2 ultrasounds.

CeeCee
February 12th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Great news!

gizmo77
February 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM
congrats!! exciting!

My Fabulous Children
February 28th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Good job! and congrats again :)

Flava
March 1st, 2012, 02:15 PM
I drank about 8 oz a day, but I love it....except when preggo.

Good Luck Flava, we are all pulling for you.

Thanks so much! I drink nirvana coconut water it's in 9.5oz glasses. 1 a day . I have 2 left in the 2ww now so hopefully no need to buy anymore!