PDA

View Full Version : private gender scan?

Lilac♥
January 18th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Would it be worth it trying to talk my husband into paying $60 to go find out what we are having now, or should I just be patient and wait the 2 1/2 to 4 weeks until we can find out at my doctor ordered ultrasound? I'll have my next doctor's appointment in a week and get to schedule when it will be then. I know they like to try and have it as close to 20 weeks as possible. According to my doctor I'm 16 weeks today.

Before I didn't want to find out, then I decided I did but just wanted to put it off for as long as possible, and now I feel like I need to know right now so I can start to sort through all of my feelings and crap. I'm really struggling with it all right now. I'm convinced it's a 5th girl so I just need to know for sure so I can be put out of my misery.

Coccinelle33
January 18th, 2011, 04:28 PM
i paid the $65 to do a private scan with my last baby. i swayed for a girl and just knew i had to go know and find out by myself. i didn't even tell dh. they told me boy and i cried the whole hour it took me to get home. but by the time i went for my big ultrasound 5 weeks later and was excited to see my little boy on the screen and i wouldn't have been if it were the first time finding out.

skrimpy
January 18th, 2011, 05:13 PM
hmm, well, I tried to convince DH to let me book a private scan and he wouldn't lol. I had a blood test coming up for genotyping on the baby and it also let us know the gender. I did NOT get my DG and was pretty much in tears for days and days... but like love-my-kids I did look forward to my scan 4 weeks later. I liked seeing my baby girl on the screen and I think it helped some.

I go back and forth now, on wishing I had not found out vs. being glad that I did. But I think I am glad that I knew before my big scan... so I could just enjoy watching my baby and not worry about gender.

nuthinbutpink
January 18th, 2011, 05:17 PM
If the $60 won't be missed and you want to know, go for it. If $60 is gas and or grocery money that is needed, then I would wait.

Lilian78
January 18th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I guess it depends on how much $60 is for you . . . I would absolutely do it, but routinely spend $60 on things way less important :P I personally would want to know asap--knowing would definitely be worth the $ for me. How far along are you? I did a private US at 15 weeks (knew it was a girl), and didn't get a particularly good shot (wouldn't have been confident in the prediction).

Jojogirl
January 22nd, 2011, 07:46 PM
I love the private scans. It's so much easier to deal with the news when you have one. The 20 week is so long and it's not the time to process it...IMO. I like the novelty scans so I can just have it done for gender purposes only. I don't wanna have to sit through a big long scan...especially if I was hoping for a certain gender. Hormones can really play on a preggo woman!