PDA

View Full Version : Consult Questions

wantbloo
February 10th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am preparing to book my first consult with Dr P ( i am emailing with stephanie to find a convenient date and time)
Does anyone know what is discussed in the consult?
Do i need to have anything in particular prepared?
What are some questions i should be asking Dr P?
(I hope to travel to HRC in Cali from Toronto Canada so i will be an out of town patient, am 30 years old, DH is 36, we have one DD 7 years old conceived naturally and born via C-Section)
I started my own list of questions as I go along so that i wont forget, but being new to this and feeling a little overwhelmed with all of the info any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

wantbloo
February 24th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Update - consult booked! for March 5th! :D very exciting

Chicky
February 26th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I don't remember if it was someone here or on another board where I found this but check out this list of consult questions:
xxjourney: Questions for Initial Consult (http://xxjourney.blogspot.com/2011/02/questions-for-initial-consult.html)

Good luck at your consult! Mine is this week (at a different clinic).

bubbaboo
February 26th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Wow. That is a great question to ask wantbloo and they are awesome questions chicky. Found that very helpful - thanks for link.

We are having our initital consult this week with Dr P so great to have had look at them. Didn't even think of alot of those !!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with consult wantbloo.

wantbloo
March 1st, 2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks Guys, i will def look at the link :)
I have to change my consult date as i have a docs appt that day and wont make it in time to skype Dr P.
Let me know how your consults go..good luck!
x

Dr. Potter
March 2nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
Hi Everyone,
I am preparing to book my first consult with Dr P ( i am emailing with stephanie to find a convenient date and time)
Does anyone know what is discussed in the consult?
Do i need to have anything in particular prepared?
What are some questions i should be asking Dr P?
(I hope to travel to HRC in Cali from Toronto Canada so i will be an out of town patient, am 30 years old, DH is 36, we have one DD 7 years old conceived naturally and born via C-Section)
I started my own list of questions as I go along so that i wont forget, but being new to this and feeling a little overwhelmed with all of the info any advice would be greatly appreciated :)I look forward to speaking with you!

wantbloo
March 2nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
Thank you Dr Potter! and me too! :)

bubbaboo
March 4th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Hi wantbloo had consult other day with Dr P. Make sure you have paperwork they email you completed and sent back to them. Things discussed were previous obstetrics history, cycle information, what you wish to achieve eg. baby boy etc. and any family history info that is relevant along with chances of success for your age etc. Dr P went through process briefly and i got to ask questions. Went well. Hope this is some help to you. Good luck with your consultation.

wantbloo
March 4th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Hi Bubbaboo, thats awesome! Thanks for sharing with me.
Whats your next step?

bubbaboo
March 5th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Next step is to get some tests done so they can then ascertain what meds to get me on for cycle. This will be challenging part finding a place to get tests done in OZ. Goodluck with your consult. Hope goes well.

wantbloo
March 5th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Best of luck with the testing..i look forward to keeping in touch and hearing about your journey :)

wantbloo
August 2nd, 2012, 10:19 PM
A quick update: I had my consult finally in June and it went great.
I have emailed with Lori and we are hoping to get our testing done within the next month or two (depending on when my period is etc) so exciting!!
The past few weeks/months have been busy but I look forward to moving ahead with this process and catching up with everyone on here :)
I look forward to sharing our journey with everyone :))