PDA

View Full Version : how hairy are YOU?!

lindi
January 18th, 2011, 05:37 PM
HA! This is a little sister thread to the how hairy is DH... I have one son and I'd say I'm medium hairy.

nuthinbutpink
January 18th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I don't really know how to tell. I don't think I am that hairy though! 3 DD

Chloe
January 18th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Not hairy at all! Everyone tells me this. You can barely see the hair on my arms. Almost looks like I shave them. DH still can't grow a beard. We are the least hairy people I know.

skrimpy
January 18th, 2011, 07:09 PM
well the hair on my head goes down to my bottom :) But as far as body hair goes I'd say it's pretty light. I have one DD, 3 DS's, and another girl on the way.

atomic sagebrush
January 18th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I am not very hairy, but the interesting thing is that I do have some hair in unexpected places - big toe, around my areolas, I have a unibrow, and I used to get one hair on my chin from the time I was 18 until last year when I went on the low testosterone diet.

It seems like that kind of body hair may be more telling than leg and arm hair, which may have more to do with genetics.

CocoChanel
January 18th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Atomic, there is not one human alive that does not have hair on their big toe. I do agree with you about where the hair is. I have heard a nurse in my doctor's office predict gender of pg women's babies, based on how much hair they have on their chin/side of face. Not that is has to be like a beard, but if you get up close and look and see the peach fuzz. My wierd place for a hair is near my belly button, and when I am pregnant, it is even worse!

lindi
January 19th, 2011, 12:16 AM
That peach fuzz thing is interesting!

Orchid
January 19th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I am kinda hairy. Chin hair, extremely thick brows, I have to get my upper lip waxed regularly. I am very competetive, I can tell I am very testosterony :-) - One boy. Even if I ever sway I will get all anal about it and screw up my girl sway.

chachamama
January 19th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I am VERY hairy.. I have 2 boys. Always have been, since I can remember. very dark hair too.

xnicolax
January 19th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I am dark and am quite hairy. The hair on my legs is thick, obviously I shave it all off but it feels course again within a few hours. If I grew it, I have no doubt I would have legs like a cave man. I have no beard hairs, but I do have a lot of peach fuzz around my hair line. I really need to keep on top of my bikini line too, it's a little wild:oops:, and I have hair under my belly button too. My arms have very fine dark hair on them. My under arms are not too bad though:confused:. I have 4 boys

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Atomic, there is not one human alive that does not have hair on their big toe. I do agree with you about where the hair is. I have heard a nurse in my doctor's office predict gender of pg women's babies, based on how much hair they have on their chin/side of face. Not that is has to be like a beard, but if you get up close and look and see the peach fuzz. My wierd place for a hair is near my belly button, and when I am pregnant, it is even worse!

See, I don't entirely buy the face hair/peach fuzz thing because I know that ALL older women get peach fuzz and they have lower testosterone. It's because their estrogen also goes down at the same time. I think it's the big black hairs that mean something, not little faint hairs.

My mom and stepmom do not have hair on their big toe, I know this for a fact because I always felt fairly freakish about it. I agree that there's a genetic component. It's just something to be aware of.

lindi
January 19th, 2011, 04:07 PM
What causes high testosterone if it's not genetic?

OneLastDream
January 19th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I am not mega hairy but I do have to sometimes wax my top lip, eyebrows etc and have some facial hair but am very fair so you cant see it that much. I have hair on my big toes too but I am a beautician and I dont think I have ever done a pedicure or leg wax where they havent had hairy big toes!!! I did notice though when pregnant with DS3 I got a really hairy side of my face which was really freakish - I waxed it off - I was horrified!!! I checked the other day and its now gone!!!

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2011, 07:32 PM
High testosterone is caused by diet and lifestyle factors and of course there's also a genetic factor.

Like, if you've done sports your testosterone will be higher than someone who hasn't done sports. If you're muscular, you'll have higher testosterone than someone who is very thin. People who are very driven and detail oriented tend to have higher testosterone, even if they're as thin as a rail and never exercised a day in their lives.

Even something as run of the mill as being the oldest child in a family might raise your testosterone levels. ANYTHING that contributes to increased competition.

Viene
January 19th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I would say I am pretty hairy. I have the chin whiskers too. I have one son so far. I can't recall if my leg hair hasn't been as hairy since I had a baby or when I became hypothyroid. I do have dark, thicker hair on my big toe, but it's also gotten thinner and grows less than it used to.

xnicolax
January 20th, 2011, 04:29 AM
People who are very driven and detail oriented tend to have higher testosterone, even if they're as thin as a rail and never exercised a day in their lives.

This is me, maybe not quite as thin as a rail but I barely ever exercise, sit ups now and again is about my limit. But I am driven, not in a career way, I just know how I want things and every detail has to be perfect.

Debahlgrim
September 7th, 2016, 11:43 PM
How do you lower testosterone? I have always been hairy but I have been noticing more chin hairs and my hair on my head has been thinning since I had kids. I have a daughter and two sons.

BrightSky
September 8th, 2016, 06:00 AM
Interesting! I wouldn't say I'm very hairy but I also get one random long thick hair on my chin and stray hairs around my belly button that drive me nuts!

atomic sagebrush
September 8th, 2016, 05:44 PM
How do you lower testosterone? I have always been hairy but I have been noticing more chin hairs and my hair on my head has been thinning since I had kids. I have a daughter and two sons.

This is quite an old thread and so my recommendation is for you to read this thread and follow the diet recommendations. Inositol is another supp that has worked for people. There is also a kind of medicatino called spirolactone that you can get from your doctor with a prescription, but it isn't safe when TTC.

Debahlgrim
September 8th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Ok thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
September 9th, 2016, 06:43 PM
LOL I meant THIS thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html Sorry that was very cryptic!!!