PDA

View Full Version : Someone please talk me down, need reassurance!

tinksmagic
February 13th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Well, my scan today was "inconclusive" and "cautiously optimistic". And that means what, exactly? Oh yeah, right, I get to go crazy waiting for another week! :(

Today I'm at 6w1d, the gestational sac she saw is 5w4d. (A lot better than 2 years ago when I was 10 days ahead of him, this time only 4). They said that's perfectly normal and give it a 5 day window each way. She asked me how many we put back, I said 2. I asked if she only saw 1. She said yes, and resumed taking her measurements. I asked if she was sure and when she moved the wand around a bit more, #2 is hiding directly behind #1, SHE THINKS!!! There was clearly 2 circles, one larger than the other at times, but I did see 2 a few times. The more she moved the wand, there was definitely 2 circles.

She can't say 100% if #2 is a #2 or if it's an "echo". She couldn't get an accurate measurement on the little sucker cuz every time she moved the wand, the 2 circles changed size and position so she's assuming for right now there's definitely 1 but there could be a second. I know what I saw.... But of course my uterus is reversed and she couldn't get a clear shot of #2 cuz everything is in the way, but she kept moving the wand and that elusive second sac, though smaller at times, can be found.

The nurse who did the exam said everything does look fine and as long as no bleeding I should be ok, they just need to wait until next week to see the fetal pole. I was hoping to at least see a yolk in that sac, but maybe it's too soon after all? Is it normal if you're having twins for 1 to hide behind his big brother and for each to measure at different sizes? I'm afraid of having a vanishing twin :( or empty sacs.

So we wait another week til Tuesday now.... UGH!!! Darn holiday!

I haven't told hubby about #2 just in case there really isn't a #2, I'm already driving him nuts about this pregnancy (even though I said I wouldn't) but I need something to go on!

As for me, my middle uterus is crampy and stretchy feeling which is freaking me out and both of my ovaries are a little enlarged and they hurt (they are keeping an eye on that).

So please tell me that you've been through something similar!!! I need talking down and reassurance that #1 is going to be fine and possibly #2 as well!!!

Thank you!!!!

girlmom
February 13th, 2012, 08:32 PM
ohh i hope there is another in there. they told me the same thing. i went in around 6 weeks for bleeding i was having. they saw 1 baby with a heartbeat but something questionsable right behind it. they couldn't get a good look because everything was so small. the "something behind it" didn't have a hb or anything and it was in the same sac as the baby, so they weren't sure what exactly it was a clot, some blood, as i was bleeding. i went back in 2 weeks and it clearly was another baby by that point but her heart was never good and strong it was kinda flickering and the doc prepared me for the worse. she was measuring smaller then her sister as her sister was taking all the good stuff and leaving nothing for her. she ended up passing away a few days later i think. i was just very lucky i didn't lose both of them.
i think at 5 weeks you probably wouldn't see a heartbeat or much of anything anyway. yes its going to be a scary two weeks. so yes it can happen 1 twin can hide behind the other. but remember its stil very early and if they can't see much at this point. your baby is smaller then a poppy seed at this point. just give him or hopefully them time to grow. fx for you and congrats!

MatildaMai
February 14th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I had boy twins for my first. I put back 2 untested 4 cell embies on day 3. They always measured differently right throughout the pregnancy. At my first scan 6w1d they saw 2 tiny fetal poles measuring 2.3mm and 3.0mm. The HBs were just visible - they told me I was lucky to see that so early. But mine were side by side so we had a great view. They were cautious about the twin B measuring smaller - but he was fine and actually heavier at birth though he is always a couple of cms shorter than his brother.

The uterine stretching is very normal with twins. That really freaked me out esp as my g'friends who'd had singletons never felt it to the same extent. I really felt it get crampy whenever I sat up in bed or used my core muscles. Very normal.

Hang in there and Congrats!

tinksmagic
February 16th, 2012, 11:28 PM
The second sac was definitely hiding behind the first one, she never mentioned anything until I asked if there was anything else she didn't see, and once she moved the wand, there it was. I've been telling myself that no, it's not an "echo" but it probably isn't going to develop into baby #2 just so I won't get my heart set on it. Hubby doesn't know about "echo" and is already planning #2 as soon as #1 is born. Now he wants Irish twins, lol.

The stretching has continued all week and I really don't remember this for any of the last pregnancies, even the last ivf one. I'm super tired all the time and sleep every chance I get. And the lower back pain, yeesh! It's like my entire lower area is revolting against me. So I definitely still feel pregnant even though I have to keep reminding myself, lol.

Is it Tuesday yet???