Fat 3.7g -
saturates 1.3g -
Fibre 1.2g -
Sodium 0.2g -
Salt equivalent 0.5g
:DD::DD::DD::DD::DD:

GeCon
February 13th, 2012, 06:46 PM
It depends what diet you are following. If you are doing the LE diet, you should be okay as long as it fits in with your daily allowances of calories, fat, protein and sodium. In fact I have the Quorn Tuna Melts at least once a week, makes me feel like I am having some fish without actually having any. :)

I am not sure about the other diets though.

zanacal
February 14th, 2012, 04:23 AM
I ate Quorn occasionally on the LE diet. It is often quite high in protein and sodium but if you can make it fit your daily totals then I don't see an issue. I quite often had Tesco vegetable burgers - the type with actual vegetables inside and breadcrumbs on the outside. They were nice in a wrap with a bit of mayonnaise!

GeCon
February 14th, 2012, 08:14 AM
I ate Quorn occasionally on the LE diet. It is often quite high in protein and sodium but if you can make it fit your daily totals then I don't see an issue. I quite often had Tesco vegetable burgers - the type with actual vegetables inside and breadcrumbs on the outside. They were nice in a wrap with a bit of mayonnaise!

Do you have a link to those burgers? I can't seem to find them and they sound yummy. Also which mayo did you find to be lowest in sodium?

zanacal
February 14th, 2012, 08:22 AM
I can't remember which mayo I used I'm afraid - just look at the labels on them all on the shelf!

These are the burgers:

Tesco Meat Free 4 Vegetable Quarter Pounders 454G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries (http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266075307)

Waitrose do something similar too.

pebmcpd7
February 14th, 2012, 09:36 AM
It depends what diet you are following. If you are doing the LE diet, you should be okay as long as it fits in with your daily allowances of calories, fat, protein and sodium. In fact I have the Quorn Tuna Melts at least once a week, makes me feel like I am having some fish without actually having any. :)

I am not sure about the other diets though.

Yes following the LE diet, thanks GeCon... think I will eat them at weekends, when everyone else is having their roast dinner :(:(

rainbowflower
February 14th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I really loved the meat free vegetable fingers (in breadcrumbs) - delicious with some Sainsbury frozen golden rice!

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2012, 12:18 PM
quorn tuna melts!!! OMG I wish we could get that here.

Peb, those are fine as long as you take them into your overall day's count.

Don't forget, on LE diet you can have lettuce and tomato on top and you won't feel so deprived!