PDA

View Full Version : How/why do my hormones affect sway?

allison
February 14th, 2012, 05:11 PM
I'm kind of a newbie, and with most of the swaying stuff, I have a decent understanding as to why it sways. But the hormone stuff doesn't make any sense to me. I can see how lower testorone in DH could maybe lead to a lower sperm count which sways girl, but how do MY hormone levels affect which sperm catches the egg? Maybe through amount/quality of CM??? It's always something I've just kind of glossed over because, of course, low testosterone would be more girly, but once I really started thinking about it, it didn't make any sense.

rainbowflower
February 15th, 2012, 05:46 AM
yes, hormones can influence how many eggs are created/the quality of the eggs, the uterine lining, when you OV (later OV is shown to sway pink), how much CM you have and how easily swimmers can get through it

if it's harder for swimmers to get to/fertilise the egg, you're more likely to get a girl

purplepoet20
February 15th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Have you ever looked at people and studied how they look... Hair, nails, skin, etc. You may notice that some people are different and then you noticed that maybe one type has all boys and the other has all girls. The same is true for people with certain types of health problems, some are linked to boy moms and others are linked to girl moms.

Everything you eat, do, or whats around you affects your body in many ways. It is not just how you look or what gender kids you have. Your body is affected in ways that you may not notice. Chemicals = more girls, High Protein = more boys, Weight lose = more girls, High nutrients = more boys

All this happens because what you eat not only changes your ph, mood, appearance, but also your hormones. My neighbor who has only had soy milk, has all girls, because their estrogen is very high. They do workout, go outside a lot, and eat tons of meat but the soy has affected their hormones. My other neighbors normal eats like a boy mom would but before conceiving each of her kids she went on a starvation diet and now has 4 girls. My younger brothers dad never ate fruits or veggies, he only ate cereal and meat, he has only boys and the same for his parents and siblings.

Everything affects you and it does start to make sense the more you read about it!

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2012, 12:38 PM
First of all, hi and welcome.

It's the CM - less, drier CM means less sperm survives to make it to the egg and also that there is less CM to carry the sperm to the egg (sperm actually don't swim to the egg, they're mostly carried there on currents of CM). Less sperm at egg seems to sway pink for reasons that we don't yet know. Hormone levels also may affect the "mucins" in CM, which are these strings that can make it easier or harder for sperm to pass thru the CM. Qualities of CM may also affect the rates at which sperm capacitate, and may even make more X than Y sperm capacitate. Uncapacitated sperm cannot fertilize an egg and I believe that different rates of capacitation between X and Y due to qualities in the CM may be the greatest undiscovered sway factor of all.

Hormones also affect your menstrual cycle and for reasons that we do not yet know, changes in your cycle seem to sway pink.

Also ~may~ be that your egg is "primed" to be more receptive to a sperm of a particular gender (I do not happen to believe this to be true, but many people, including some higher level researchers and REs, do.)

Also, testosterone and blood sugar work together in ways that are highly complicated and so hormones affect blood glucose levels, which in turn sway gender as well or alongside hormones.

allison
February 15th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Awesome! Thank you all for the info. That helps clear up the hormone part. Now, I just wonder what my testosterone levels are like. I have NO sex drive, so hopefully they are low low low!!!

And, Atomic, the rates of capacitation part is very interesting! I worked in a medical research lab for awhile, and now I want to go back and study sperm! :)

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Weirdly, sex drive in women does not always correspond with T levels. For women sex is such a mental thing that if something isn't right in our universe, it makes our sex drive very low even if our T is thru the roof.

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2012, 01:06 PM
PS - I wish you WOULD go back and study sperm LOL! We need more info and the majority of the people studying the topic are focused on either HT or else agriculture, so we have to make do with studies that aren't necessarily tailor-made for our purposes.