PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been told the u/s tech saw an "echo"?

tinksmagic
February 16th, 2012, 11:32 PM
During my u/s the other day, after searching around a bit, the tech seemed to have found a second sac hiding behind the first (see other thread). The tech wouldn't confirm it was the twin I was hoping took, she said it may have been the twin that tried to implant and just didn't take (would it still be a sac at 6 weeks?) and she as well as the nurse said it could also be an "echo" of the sac they are able to see. Problem is, my uterus is in the way so they couldn't get a good view.

Has anyone been told they had an "echo" and if so, was it just that or was it a hiding twin?

I think it's funny they say "echo" since it's sound ways and not a "shadow", lol

TTC5
February 17th, 2012, 01:52 AM
I had fraternal twins in 2002 and at 6 weeks we saw one sac and yolk and at 8 weeks we found sac two. Unfortunately we miscarried a few weeks later twin B :(

tinksmagic
February 17th, 2012, 01:59 AM
I had fraternal twins in 2002 and at 6 weeks we saw one sac and yolk and at 8 weeks we found sac two. Unfortunately we miscarried a few weeks later twin B :(

I'm sorry :( about twin B, that's gotta be hard to find out there's two and always wonder. My mother went through that with me, but back in the 70's there was no ultrasounds to check.

But on another note, it is possible that "echo" could be a slow grower. Had I not put in 2, I would be sure it was an "echo", but something in my brain wants to believe that it's twin B and I'm hoping that if so, he'll make it.

TTC5
February 17th, 2012, 02:12 AM
I hope all turns out the way you want it! xxx

Foxy
February 17th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Echo is a medical term and basically means reflection of sound waves. If you are only 6 weeks it's possible that it could be another sac or just an artifact. It could also be a twin that didn't took. Hard to say. I hope you get a better look at your next u/s. GL!

tinksmagic
February 20th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Echo is a medical term and basically means reflection of sound waves. If you are only 6 weeks it's possible that it could be another sac or just an artifact. It could also be a twin that didn't took. Hard to say. I hope you get a better look at your next u/s. GL!

That's what the tech said, could be a twin that didn't get too far (that would kill me since most sacs start at 4W!!!). I've just never heard of an "echo" before, but I guess it makes sense, they are using sound waves. Had it been light, it may have been a "shadow" right?
At any rate, this has been weighing on me all week. I am secretly hoping it's a hidden twin (so I won't have to try again next year for boy #2), but I am mentally preparing myself to hear "There HE is" as long as I don't hear "I'm sorry, there's nothing there".

Tomorrow morning I'll finally get some peace, I hope!!!! In the meantime, the cramps and stretching haven't let up in over a week now, I have wicked lower back pain, get freakishly nauseous when hubby hugs me (go figure!), I can smell everything and my boobs are itchy!! So all is progressing along fine, lol. I just wish I could sleep without my heart racing or waking up every hour :/ when I do get to sleep at home.

tinksmagic
February 21st, 2012, 01:56 PM
For the record, "echo" is a twin, the second sac showed today clear as a bell right next to his brother. Even though it grew, she wouldn't measure it cuz she couldn't see anything in it. But it did grow in a week, lol, even more so than #1 progress wise even if empty. Go figure! Almost cruel if you ask me!

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
I'm sorry tink. I hope they're just hiding in there. :(