PDA

View Full Version : Help for my auntie & uncle ttc

HappyLea
February 17th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Hi All,

I hope im posting this in the right place. My auntie and uncle would love to have another baby and have not been using protection for years, but are having difficulties falling pregnant. Just wondering if you may have some advice on what they can do.

My auntie is 45 and uncle is 44, they have a 22 year old and a 16 year old. They did fall pregnant last year but sadly it ended in a miscarriage at about 8 weeks. I had a chat with her today and she has a period every month but does not know when she ovulates, so i am going to get her some ovulation tests to try and get idea of when she ovulates incase they are just missing their fertile window. I also adviced her to take folic acid to prepare her uterus, so fx she can get a sticky bean in there.

Is there anything else they can do/take to up there chances of getting pregnant. Would they be better to have sex lots in fertile window? Or not? They are not swaying or anything like that just want another beautiful baby.

Im very close to my auntie and i just hope i can pass on some good info that may help them.

Thanks Leanne x

Cinss
February 18th, 2012, 06:41 PM
You have given your auntie great advise so far. You could suggest DTD every second day from CD10 until next AF is due. It would be great if both of them were taking pre natal supps, Auntie definatly folic acid, and zinc + folic acid for Uncle. Unfortunalty they do have age against them, but it is still possible they can concieve naturally.