PDA

View Full Version : My husband hates it and I love it!

Tina2740
February 18th, 2012, 11:08 AM
So we find out what the sex of our baby is in 2 weeks, We already have a DS and his name is Mason Dean. My husbands name is Jason but everyone calls him Jay. When we were deciding on his name he didn't like it at all because he sd it was just like his but I told him no one even calls you "Jason" so he settled with Mason(he really had no choice)
Now this time around I don't like any boy names as much as my 1st DS except for the name Caleb Riley or Caleb Ryan. He HATES that name and I hate all the names he likes! What should I say to help him to start to like it (tough chance I know) It's so hard this time around trying to pick a boy name. Anyone have any name suggestions or advice???? I don't like your typical names like Anthony, Michael, Joseph etc....... I need something different. Anyone else having this prob with DH???

P.s> did I mention I LOVE the name Caleb and it's the only boy name I like!!!!!!!! lol

If we have a girl her name will be Madison Rylee :) (keeping our fingers crossed for a girl)

ynwa
February 18th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hmmm what about
Kayden
Jayden
Tyler
Oscar
Oliver
Noah
Harrison
Ty
Ki
Mason
Callum
Brady
Brody
Will think of some more:.)

purplepoet20
February 18th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Ask him to make a list of anywhere to 10-30 names he likes and you do the same if any name appears on both your list then pick that name. Sometimes it's hard to pick a name but most people find it easier to just list 10 names.

Another thought is maybe you pick 5-10 names you like and ask him to pick from that list... Worked for us.

Journey2dFuture
February 18th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Im having a hard time with my dh too - Keep working on it :) FX he'll come round to it. I love it !

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Caleb is actually a very popular name and it's on the increase!!! It's bye-bye Chris, hello Caleb as old favourites pushed off top names list - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/its-byebye-chris-hello-caleb-as-old-favourites-pushed-off-top-names-list-2327909.html) Like Michael and Joseph, it is a traditional name and from the Bible.

Madison and Mason are also superpopular so I'm not quite sure what you're going for - you're ok with popular names and traditional names, but then you aren't, so not sure what to suggest??

I like the idea of having him make a list of names and then picking from that. I did that with DS 4 and my husband actually picked a name that I had loved for years and suggested with my other sons but he always rejected it!! Men. :P

zanacal
February 18th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I have a Caleb :D

I really wanted to call our baby girl Phoebe and DH was dead set against it. He finally agreed to use it but it didn't feel right to me to use a name that he didn't like and had agreed to only to please me so we carried on looking and found something we both liked. I know you're really set on Caleb but I do think it's probably best to keep searching for something you both like and can grow to love.

I'm trying to think what goes with Mason - how about Ethan? I don't know where you are so I don't know what's popular there!

InLove
February 20th, 2012, 01:02 PM
My son is Riley James (he picked the first name and I picked the middle name) and we came to a happy medium. But this time around my fiance is dead against any girl names I like and everytime I bring it up, he just brushes it off. And there's no point bringing up boy names since he wants a little girl, haha. But I feel what your going through.

I actually like Caleb, i think it's cute but then if he is really against it, it may be hard to get him to like it with all the convincing in the world! Maybe try looking for a name that is different but you both can agree on. Harder said than done but if you don't find anything, you could still push Caleb :shemademe:

Tina2740
February 20th, 2012, 04:35 PM
InLove, I actually picked Riley for my second pick, I loke RIley for the first name and David for the second cause thats my dad's name. My Dh likes Riley (and that the middle name for our girl if we have a DD) . I could settle for that but still can't get over Caleb. It is goimng to be hard to convince him but i will keep going at it until the day I deliver! LOL Thanks everyone for your input!

Cinss
February 20th, 2012, 05:01 PM
My sister called her 1st DS Kaleb, they got the name from this movie The Covenant (2006) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475944/)

Why not watch it with your Hubby and maybe it will rub off on him too?

CrystalTipps
February 20th, 2012, 09:54 PM
My sister called her 1st DS Kaleb, they got the name from this movie The Covenant (2006) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475944/)

Why not watch it with your Hubby and maybe it will rub off on him too?

Good strategy.

InLove
February 21st, 2012, 08:07 AM
InLove, I actually picked Riley for my second pick, I loke RIley for the first name and David for the second cause thats my dad's name. My Dh likes Riley (and that the middle name for our girl if we have a DD) . I could settle for that but still can't get over Caleb. It is goimng to be hard to convince him but i will keep going at it until the day I deliver! LOL Thanks everyone for your input!

Riley is a beautiful name haha. If you really love Caleb I say just keep planting the seed of how much you love the name and how much it will suit him lol. My DH (if its a girl) wants Delilah where as I'm more keen on Rose. So we might just meet in the middle or pick a totally different name :]

purplepoet20
February 21st, 2012, 09:13 AM
The name Riley/Rylee has become very popular in AZ. We know 12 kids with that name and most of them are under 18mths.

tinksmagic
March 1st, 2012, 01:19 AM
I like the name Riley!!! I wanted a Brian but ex didn't (really wishing I insisted on that one! if anything to piss him off now, lol).

With my last 2 girls I got to name them, first one cuz I always wanted the name Sierra Sahara (fits her too!) but for second DD, I was convinced she was a he and neither of us had a girls name ready (the name we would have picked Alexis Corrinne was ruined by my brother's witch of a wife...) and since I had a dream where someone asked me the baby's name and I said "Jordan" it stuck.

I don't get to name either of our boys this round, hubby took rights for them :) though we aren't naming them until they're born...

Remember one thing when choosing a name, it HAS to sound good (and powerful) when you're yelling it across the neighborhood to call him home or if he's in trouble ;) lol

fish2012
June 18th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Hold out, don't look stressed just chit chat about other posibilities, I loved Noah for DS2 (he wasn't a sway) but Dh not too keen so we talked about girl names (yellow bump) and some boy ones, he knew my favourite was Noah he wanted Daniel but we'd agreed on samuel as middle name for my dad and i didn't like daniel samuel bit too much ;-0 (both lovely names if sway fails DS3 will either be daniel or ben) whole labour thing worked it's magic the midwife said does he have a name and DH said yes Noah! No pressure applied by me and now DH's really happy it suits him totally.

Annoying someone else we know copied it and i'm really irritated as being a liz i've spent my whole life having to say no not that liz...however apperantly now its quiet common and Joseph (DS1) is much less common funny world!