PDA

View Full Version : Moon sign and gender

Hobbermittens
February 18th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Just wondering how much weight this theory holds. If you know what the moon sign was when conceived, what gender was your baby?

This site will tell you the moon sign for any date. Just make sure you go to the top and adjust the location to where you were when you conceived.

Lunarium: Universal Lunar Calendar (http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp)

Male moon signs are:
Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius

Female moon signs are:
Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn, Pisces

***Or try this site (thanks POP!)
http://www.moonsigncalendar.net/moonphase.asp

Princess of Pink
February 18th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I use this one...it's easier.

Moon Phase Calculator - Moon Sign Calendar (http://www.moonsigncalendar.net/moonphase.asp)

kaseybaby
February 18th, 2012, 05:03 PM
It was right for me, so were my biorythyms, and a full moon when I conceived DS.

Cinss
February 18th, 2012, 05:14 PM
It was right for my DD, concieved under Pisces

TTC5
February 18th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I got Gemini for this one = boy but have to wait and see LOL!

lobella2
February 18th, 2012, 05:46 PM
It was wrong for the one I am carrying now. It says Libra, but I am having a girl. It was a new moon though.

Hobbermittens
February 18th, 2012, 06:14 PM
POP, thaks for that site. The only thing that doesn't work with that one is, it doesn't tell you when the sign changes.

lobella2
February 18th, 2012, 08:20 PM
The other site says Virgo and I am having a girl. I wonder why they would be different?

atomic sagebrush
February 19th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Wyatt was either in Capricorn or Pisces (sorry can't remember and the calendar actually barely went back far enough LOL) so wrong for him. Clark was in Leo so right on him. Tate - Virgo wrong Marshall - Libra right

50-50

Hobbermittens
February 19th, 2012, 12:14 PM
The other site says Virgo and I am having a girl. I wonder why they would be different?

If it happens on the cusp ( the day the sign changes), that one site won't tell you. So if the sign changes at 10 pm, then the second site will just say the sign that the moon is in the majority of the day. So you probably O'ed on the cusp, which I think can go either way? Not sure.

If you look at the site with the calendar, it shows what time the sign changes.

rainbowflower
February 19th, 2012, 12:24 PM
wasn't accurate for DS!

amari
February 20th, 2012, 07:58 AM
How do you all know the exact day your children were conceived??

purplepoet20
February 20th, 2012, 09:23 AM
DS1 - about 1-2 days before a Full Moon or on it and the moon was in Sagittarius. Biorythmic for us both said boy and Dr J Lunar Calendar said 50/50.
DS2 - a few days after a Full Moon and the moon was in Sagittarius. Biorythmic for us both said boy and Dr J Lunar Calendar said girl.
#3 - 2 days after the New Moon and the moon was in Pisces. Biorythmic for us both says girl and Dr J Lunar Calendar said girl.

OTHER
I checked all my siblings, neices, nephew, and a lot of my cousins (50) and I found the moon theroy and also the biorythmics chart to be correct about 95% of the time.... These are people who maintain the same diet all year long and know nothing about swaying, some have a 1-2 of each gender but a few have all girls.

auroara78
February 20th, 2012, 09:32 AM
DS1 was concieved in new moon but in boy sign.

DS2 was concieved in full moon, but on cusp on when it changed from girl to boy. I am assuming I O'ed later when it changed to boy sign terrority.

This pregnancy was definitely concieved under Capricorn (female sign) AND new moon. So I'm hoping giving it all I got moon wise will work!

On a side note, I've done this for my cousins, who I have 11 of, and it was right about 80-90% of the time.

sweetsister
February 20th, 2012, 10:12 AM

Yes i dont think anyone can be certain when exactly is the day of conception ,it could be you thought it was that day but it was 4 hours before in a different sign and the moon sign changes every 2 days from male to female so it would be hard to pinpoint exactly.You can be certain of a new moon or full moon though in most cases:) And i have 2 boys and one was a new moon and the other a full moon conception.

purplepoet20
February 20th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Yes i dont think anyone can be certain when exactly is the day of conception ,it could be you thought it was that day but it was 4 hours before in a different sign and the moon sign changes every 2 days from male to female so it would be hard to pinpoint exactly.You can be certain of a new moon or full moon though in most cases:) And i have 2 boys and one was a new moon and the other a full moon conception.

I wasn't trying with my boys but during both times we were on a vacation... I had a lot of O pain while driving to Mexico, we only dtd once the night before (packing the week before that). And then with DS2 we were in LV for that weekend and we dtd the on Mothers Day and not much before that because DH was sick. So at least for me I knew when it happened.

Most of my family were trying and charting and stuff so it was easy to use their info as well.

Hobbermittens
February 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM

There's no way to know exactly. But if you know you O'ed on a day that was a male/female moon sign for the whole day then you can make an educated guess.

rainbowflower
February 20th, 2012, 10:23 AM

we were TTC and I was temping at the time!

amari
February 20th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Do any of you know the site that tells you the days that are specific "male" or "female" days to conceive if you plug them in? Someone had the link up in a thread a few weeks ago and I plugged in days for March and now I want to plug some in for April b/c I doubt I will O until then and I can't find the site. Thanks!

PeonyPrincess
February 20th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Amari, have a look at Lunarium: Discover the Mysteries of the Moon (http://www.lunarium.co.uk)
Near the top, go to Edit for your location. Then you can use it to look at any date, past , present or future.
I did a check on IG of women who conceived in 2011 and knew what they were having. It was correct for 14 out of 16 of them.

amari
February 21st, 2012, 08:02 AM
This one I'm talking about was so easy to use you just put in a date, say March 22, and I forget if it said male or female or aquarius. I don't understand that stuff very well so this was so easy to use. I wish I could find it!

I guess that one did that, but how do you know which signs are male and which are female?

Hobbermittens
February 21st, 2012, 12:10 PM
This one I'm talking about was so easy to use you just put in a date, say March 22, and I forget if it said male or female or aquarius. I don't understand that stuff very well so this was so easy to use. I wish I could find it!

I guess that one did that, but how do you know which signs are male and which are female?

Look in the original post. I put two links to places to find the signs on the dates, plus the list of moon signs and what gender they are. :)

kaseybaby
February 21st, 2012, 05:01 PM
DS1 - about 1-2 days before a Full Moon or on it and the moon was in Sagittarius. Biorythmic for us both said boy and Dr J Lunar Calendar said 50/50.
DS2 - a few days after a Full Moon and the moon was in Sagittarius. Biorythmic for us both said boy and Dr J Lunar Calendar said girl.
#3 - 2 days after the New Moon and the moon was in Pisces. Biorythmic for us both says girl and Dr J Lunar Calendar said girl.

OTHER
I checked all my siblings, neices, nephew, and a lot of my cousins (50) and I found the moon theroy and also the biorythmics chart to be correct about 95% of the time.... These are people who maintain the same diet all year long and know nothing about swaying, some have a 1-2 of each gender but a few have all girls.

I looked on FF, and researched 100's of people with the exact ovulation day, and found this theory only had a slight edge with accuracy. 55% of the time it was accurate.

No to say your research is wrong, just giving people a little hope who didn't conceive on the sign of DG.

isobellanext
February 24th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I'm having a girl after 3 boys and I concieved under the female sign of Capricorn. Biorythms were lean boy for me.

Hobbermittens
February 24th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I'm having a girl after 3 boys and I concieved under the female sign of Capricorn. Biorythms were lean boy for me.

DO you know what the signs were when you conceived your boys?

isobellanext
February 25th, 2012, 11:52 AM
DO you know what the signs were when you conceived your boys?

Sorry I don't as I didn't know about gender swaying then. My friend concieved her son under a male sign if that gives you any hope x

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2012, 12:09 PM

congrats!!! I know you posted a couple times about swaying but did you ever post your sway?? If you have half a sec, could you update us (even if you didn't sway at all!!)

dloui128
February 27th, 2012, 09:36 AM
It was correct for my first DD and wrong for my second DD so 50/50 for me

isobellanext
March 15th, 2012, 01:17 PM
C
congrats!!! I know you posted a couple times about swaying but did you ever post your sway?? If you have half a sec, could you update us (even if you didn't sway at all!!)

Hi yes happy to post my attempt. Wasnt much of a sway tbh.. How do i add it? I havent got clue, sorry ......

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Just type it in here Add your Girl Sway! (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/) however much or little detail you remember/feel comfy with adding!

I actually think it's the sways that people didn't change much, that tell us the MOST about what really sways!

Thanks so much for your time, that info is gold!

kperez0222
July 9th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Question! If the sign changes, say at 1400, would it be safe to dtd after that time for that gender sign? Or is that too close since it's the day of the change? One website says it changes mid day, and a different website says that's the opposite gender day we want. So would I just go for the next day? I don't want to miss ovulation.

atomic sagebrush
July 11th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Hopefully someone who knows this will chime in.

Does it make any sense to you at all that DTD a few hours different on a particular day could possibly make a difference to the gender of your baby?

I really, really, really hate to see you guys taking the magic and mysticism too seriously.

If swaying works, and it seems to be working for us based on our results, it is for a REASON. The reason is that boys have a better chance of survival when their mothers have access to lots of food and are in good condition and highly fertile. That doesn't change in a few hours. If it did, we'd just sway for a few hours every month.

I'm not trying to be nitpicky at all and you can of course always use whatever methods you want to TTC your baby, but waiting around a few hours to BD based on astrology is not going to help you get pregnant, and it ends up with you having to stay on the diet longer than you probably want to (pink swayers will lose too much, blue swayers will gain too much)