PDA

View Full Version : WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL!!! IT ALL WORKED!!!

Sassy
February 20th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Firstly, a HUGE thankyou to all the girls who helped me with advice and tips during my GIRL sway. Your support was invaluable.

So as the title says, after 2 gorgeous little boys, I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be lucky enough to get a little girl.....BUT I HAVE!!!

My sway went a little like this (from memory - feel free to ask me anything as it may jogg my memory!)

I did the LOW EVERYTHING diet from about 3-4 months before conception. I lost around 6-7kgs in that time which I was worried wasn't enough. DH did a lot of the diet with me.
I did NO EXERCISE during this time.
I immersed myself in as many negative IONS as possible, including salt lamps, lavendar ess oil, hematite and magnetic jewellry.
I was lucky enough to O during the NEW MOON PHASE.
My Ph was in a good range, DH's was slightly elevated.
We DTD 2 and 1 days before O - 2 days before I accidentally had a big O and thought I'd ruined everything lol! No big O day before O.
I took the recommended amounts of - SAW PALMETTO, BABY ASPRIN, FOLATE, WILD YAM, CRANBERRY, MAGNESIUM, CALCIUM. DH also took MAG, CAL, LIC ROOT (I'll double check all of these at some point as I've forgotten!)
I MEDITATED and VISUALISED regularly - at least once often twice a week. And BEGGED!!!!

I think that's about it - I'm sure there's bits I've forgotten. I'm very lucky DH was completely on board and we knew that if we ended up with another boy, then he was meant to be, as we'd done just about all we could to try for our little girl. We're keeping it a secret IRL so its nice to share it in here - I'm so lucky to be able to parent both genders and I'm thrilled my boys will have a little sister.

TTC5
February 20th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Congrats!!

Myloves
February 20th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Congrats on your little girl!

Sunset
February 20th, 2012, 05:28 AM
congrats!! so happy for you! :)

PeonyPrincess
February 20th, 2012, 06:14 AM
What wonderful news. Thanks for letting us know your secret, and your sway!

nuthinbutpink
February 20th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Congrats!

Indira
February 20th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Congratulations!

prayforprincess
February 20th, 2012, 07:14 AM
I can't imagine how excited, overjoyed and thrilled you must be now!! So happy for you!

did u use any douche's...rephresh?? take zyrtec? frequent release or abstain?

Tabs
February 20th, 2012, 08:30 AM
thrilled for you!

lobella2
February 20th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Congratulations!

Ribbons
February 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Congrats!!!!

Hobbermittens
February 20th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Congrats!!

zanacal
February 20th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Yay Sassy, that's wonderful news :D Congratulations!!

For the bun
February 20th, 2012, 02:20 PM
congratulations Sassy!!! :cheerteam:

Flava
February 20th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Congrats !!! It's a great news!

sweetpea
February 20th, 2012, 05:52 PM
What awesome news!! Congratulations!!! :cheer:

Mochagirl
February 20th, 2012, 07:54 PM
What great news, sassy - congrats!

Foxy
February 21st, 2012, 12:19 PM
Congratulations!!!

coocoobananas
February 21st, 2012, 12:29 PM
Congrats! I love hearing the successes so that I can keep going and just have my horrible tasting coffee til noon!!

indigoviolet
February 21st, 2012, 03:12 PM
Huge congrats to you!!

myGirl
February 21st, 2012, 03:27 PM
Congratulations! What a blessing. Enjoy your baby girl!

GeCon
February 21st, 2012, 06:18 PM
Congratulations. :)

mindyjean
February 21st, 2012, 07:14 PM
Congratulations to you! Thank you for providing the information and great news with us!

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2012, 07:56 PM
I'm thrilled to read this Sassy! Enjoy every second!!! :)

Sassy
February 22nd, 2012, 05:08 AM
Thanks so much ladies! So nice to have wonderful reactions here - I know you all know the feelings/emotions that go with swaying and I really hope everyone gets to experience the joy that DH and I are now experiencing.

I did forget to mention that we did a 7 day abstain and I did use RePhresh every 3 days with my last appliction being before our first attempt (2DBO).

Irishmom
February 22nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
Congrats! Wonderful to read your story. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Teagz
March 2nd, 2012, 02:52 AM
Wow! Congrats!!!!
Its my first day here and am so excited about all i have read!
As I am new i may have been reading things wrong in your signature... but did you say it was a girl x2? (ie twins?)
If so do you think the wild yam / folate had something to do with this?

Wishing you the happiest and healthiest pink bundle xx
Teagz:HH:

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Hi Teagz, I just wanted to say hi and welcome, and also give you this link about increasing odds of twin conceptions. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/1089-conceiving-twins.html

Teagz
March 4th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Hi Teagz, I just wanted to say hi and welcome, and also give you this link about increasing odds of twin conceptions. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/1089-conceiving-twins.html

Thanks for the link :flowerz:
I am so happy i found you ladies...

Butterfly Spirit
March 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Wow! Congrats!!!!
Its my first day here and am so excited about all i have read!
As I am new i may have been reading things wrong in your signature... but did you say it was a girl x2? (ie twins?)
If so do you think the wild yam / folate had something to do with this?

Wishing you the happiest and healthiest pink bundle xx

Teagz:HH:

I read something about lots of yams and twins as well on the internet.. so hmm.. :)

Butterfly Spirit
March 4th, 2012, 06:54 PM
:celebrate:Congrats on your little ~*Princess*~
YOU MUST BE OVER THE MOON!!!! :D :celebrate:
:awe::XX::awe:

Can I ask how much rephfresh you used? ie fingertip..half an applicator, or the whole applicator.
Also what amount of the supplements did you and your hubby take daily?
Did you jump and dump at all?

NeedAGirl!
March 4th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Awesome!! Wondering how much calcium you took?

atomic sagebrush
March 5th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I read something about lots of yams and twins as well on the internet.. so hmm.. :)

Just want everyone to know that the stuff they sell as "wild yam" in health food stores and also "yams" from the grocery store, are NOT the same kind of yam known to cause twinning. They're totally different plants from different parts of the world and everything.

HappyLea
March 6th, 2012, 05:26 AM
congratulations on your :DD: xxx

Irishmom
March 6th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Delighted for you. xx :DD:

Sassy
March 7th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Thanks guys - just to clarify - I don't have twins, just two gorgeous boys (aged 4 and 2)! I took the wild yam to help with my T levels. It had a small amount of vitex in it as well (50mg from memory).

I used full applicators of RePhresh every 3 days and crossed my fingers - I did test my Ph sporadically but didn't want to stress myself out too much when I knew I was doing everything I could.

No jump and dump - we were doing enough to lower DH's sperm count so I didn't feel it was necessary.

I'm going from memory with the amounts of supps I took. Cran was 10,000 daily, Baby Asprin was 100mg, Saw Palmetto I think was 320mg every second day, Mag & Cal was recommeded amount, Wild Yam 400 daily. From memory!
Hubby took Cal, Mag, cran and Lic Root - all recommeded dosages. He also wore tight undies and had hot showers before DTD. He refrained from doing weights at the gym, only cardio.

bubbaboo
March 7th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Congratulations Sassy - here's hoping you have a very happy and healthy pregnancy.

jennibel
March 7th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Congrats!! Your sway sounds similar to what I plan, can I ask how many cycles were you trying for?

Sassy
March 12th, 2012, 06:37 AM
We fell pg on our second attempt. All the 'other' sway stuff we did for around 3 months prior to our first attempt, so ended up with 4 months on the diet, supps etc before our BFP.

babydust
March 12th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Congrats!!!! Well done on ur sway sassy :)

willtherebe4
April 13th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Thankyou for sharing but most of all CONGRATS on your fantastic news. Well worth the effort.

bambinolla
April 15th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Congratulations again sassy! and thanks for pointing me in this direction from eb ;)

HappyMedium
April 28th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Congratulations on your girl!!!!!!

4 blues~hopingforpink~
May 11th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Congrats!

secretly sad
May 11th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Congratulations! You are a lucky lady. Can I ask if you followed atomic's diet? x

Sassy
May 12th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Yep did the Low Everything Diet - and it wasn't as hard as I'd expected.

My Fabulous Children
May 15th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Congrats.. Your close to meet your baby girl!