PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Sperm sort

nuthinbutpink
February 20th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Just curious, does everyone use the sperm sorting offered at Genesis? Does it seem to help?

nuthinbutpink
February 20th, 2012, 11:11 AM
And, is this the right clinic? I know there are 2 Dr. Savvas'- Genesis Clinic | Dr. Savvas Koundouros | Infertility Clinic | IVF Clinic (http://www.genesis-cy.com/genesis-clinic.php)

Pink4me
February 20th, 2012, 11:12 AM
I will be doing. I've heard that it's giving people a 75% - 80% sort in their favour. x

Desperate
February 20th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Yes, i used spermsort all three times, it favours big time. Out of 15 eggs I got 13 female, second time 15 eggs and 15 female and third time 16 eggs and 14 female.
This is the right address.

nuthinbutpink
February 20th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Thank you both!

lisvna
February 20th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Yes i did, and im going to do it again. Yes its the right doctor, Savvas Koundouros.

Pink4me
February 20th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Yes, i used spermsort all three times, it favours big time. Out of 15 eggs I got 13 female, second time 15 eggs and 15 female and third time 16 eggs and 14 female.
This is the right address.

Wow Desperate they are fantastic results. That's good to know. xx

jils04
February 21st, 2012, 12:55 AM
Think it would be easier for girls as they tend to be a micro touch heavier or something ?

lana2020
February 21st, 2012, 01:18 AM
Your result from sperm sorting is amazing! But I wouder where all these embroys went? Why you don't freeze anyone from these embroys? why you cycled again and not use frozen embroys? If I in the same situation I will freez all left embroys rather than do another cycle :)

lou255
February 21st, 2012, 07:25 AM
yes there are very good results, have you freez some embryos?

Louby
February 21st, 2012, 07:52 AM
it is a modified ericsson method, no dye tagging. x

glory
February 21st, 2012, 09:56 AM
What I was wondering is whether say dh could go to genesis and bring home/forward on his frozen sorted sample, if you were using another clinic?

AnnaG1
February 21st, 2012, 10:09 AM
Ohh thats interesting...

Desperate
February 22nd, 2012, 08:06 AM
Yes, i wish I had have some to freeze firsrt and second time. I was one of the older mums who still had excellent reserve but unfortunately only 1 normal first/second time that made it to final stages. Both times they were not hatching blasts but were good quality A embryos.
This time i had hatching blasts transferred and one took.
There are 6 waiting on ice.

lisvna
February 22nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
Desperate how long are you pregnant now? And when are you due?

seven gorgeous babies
February 22nd, 2012, 06:22 PM
I have never seen anyone who didn't get a fantastic sort off savvas. I had 8 embryos.6 girls and 2 boys!!

I know it's his own technique and when I was there he was telling me how he was trying to get his research and info published!

AnnaG1
February 22nd, 2012, 06:46 PM
I emailed genisis- savvas replied- he was sooo thorough in his response! Really nice- anyway, in short, no freezing the sorted sperm.

glory
February 22nd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks Anna! Bugger though :( where are you cycling?

AnnaG1
February 22nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
Hi Glory- You know this is a very hard decision for me. although im only 40 minutes outide NYC, the clinics here just dont seem to be the right fit for me. Im left to look outside of NY. I am open to traveling- its not such a huge deal. Yes, an inconvenience..but with dh on board ..i think it could work. Ive thought about Potter alot...been in touch with Fawn (dr lin) extensivly via email and still am indecisive. Dr. Lin ranges btwn 10 and 20 days out in cali- 20 days is not do-able. Potter requires about 11 or 12 ..thats ok.
So, i guess just out of curiosity, i emailed Savvas after u posted that question. I know..quite irrational of me considering im in the us. But i did it as a fluke... And so Saavas replied to me...and really was so informative. He told me that one could do local monitoring and come for retrieval and transfer. Ahhhh if only i was closer!!!
So, i dont know!

stargazer
February 23rd, 2012, 04:47 AM
Could u post his reply? I asked the same question and although he answered promptly I would have liked more details! I'm also not sure about using a sort that has not been rigorously trialled if u c what I mean!

AnnaG1
February 23rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Here you go Star:

The density of purified sperm following processing for X- or Y- bearing
chromosome enrichment is approximately 3% of the initial count. This may not
be enough to contemplate artificial insemination when fresh. If we were to
freeze your husband's semen following skewing the motility will further
deteriorate rendering our chances for a positive outcome very poor. We can
arrange that you receive control stimulation and preparation at your
location by referring you to an appropriate establishment and then fly over
for the egg collection and completion of treatment. This will be the most
effective way forward
Please let me know as to what you wish to do
Best
Savvas

threemonsters
March 1st, 2012, 06:17 AM
it seems to work - I can say I used it - 2 eggs, 2 girls - 100% sucess rate and he said even before he done it 100% they would both be girls - so I can't argue with that!

Just would have been better a BFP!

babynumber3
March 5th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Desperate, would you recomend Genesis? how many bfp have we had from there? does sperm sort work for boys just as well? will they follow the same protocol that hrc did for me? as it gave me great eggs and fertilisation just resulted in chemical....

lisvna
March 5th, 2012, 06:44 AM
I would recommend Genesis. We have had at least 7 BFP that I know of. You can ask Savvas in an email about the spermsort I think he really wants to help you. He is a very nice doctor and he answers all the emails personally so you talk always with the doctor!