PDA

View Full Version : Oops, my bad, lol, but DD #2 didn't see the humor in it

tinksmagic
February 20th, 2012, 02:47 PM
OK, here's one for you ladies...

Did you ever look at one of your kids and think (yikes, out loud) that he/she should have been the opposite gender because you really wanted them to be???

Yeah, I did that the other day, she wasn't too happy about it, but it just kinda slipped. I have 3 DDs and 1 DS. My oldest DD is your average girl, loves shoes, dresses, teenage years were walls pinned to the ceiling (and even on the ceiling) all the rage boys, etc...

DS was into sports, football, wrestling, getting hurt for doing stupid boy things, and very shy but extremely interested in girls (so far, nothing wrong with either there....)

DD #2 should have been my boy. Not that she's a tom boy, she's just not girly AT ALL! She could care less about make-up, clothes, hair (even though she has the most gorgeous thick chestnut hair compliments of daddy), etc... the poor kid is heavy set (always was), pretty but not striking, typical tweenie (have to nearly pull teeth to shower and keep some kind of appearance), she's not into giggling over boys, spends most of her time online looking up song parodies, but she has got mad skills when it comes to drawing and man, does she have a set of pipes on her! Adele can barely compete with her!!!

DD #3 is your 100% girly-girl, was from the moment she was born. She's the one who's striking --- you can't help but notice her! That and of the 4 she got blue eyes (the older 3 are still pissed about this), but ever since I had her, people (even teenage boys) would stop what they were doing to see her, people have always been attracted to her, and we had to ask people not to give her stuff so she wouldn't expect things (too late). She loves to dress up, can't stay away from make up, and if it's girly, she's all over it!

So the other day we're discussing having a little brother and getting rid of DD #3 (she's severe OCD and there's days we threaten to give her to the gypsies) and I accidentally say that DD #2 should have been a boy since she's not girly at all and things would be done if she (or #3) was a boy. Ooops! She was not amused. I don't blame her, didn't mean anything bad by it, just figuring I'd have 2 of each and I wouldn't be here now trying to have 2 more boys... So today she makes a comment she doesn't care if she has a baby brother or sister, just as long as it's nothing like DD #3! (they do NOT get along). Meanwhile DD #3 is constantly chattering about her baby brothers...

Gonna be a long 8 more months, hopefully this one will be fine and everyone will be happy (yeah, right!!!)

tinksmagic
February 20th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Gotta add that even though hubby always wanted a son, I keep telling him he needed a daughter. He's such a different person from when I first met him now that he has daughters. Even though he keeps reminding me that after our last I'm lucky we're having a boy since she's the poster child for birth control (she really is! I say that!). But having daughters brought out the marshmallow in him. That and he spent the first 9 months talking to my stomach with our first that 20 seconds after she was born, I was holding her and he said HI to her and I kid you not, her little head turned towards him and I lost her to him at that point. It took me about 6 months before it sunk in that she was mine and it was ok to love her. Weird, huh? But even now they are so much alike, she's definitely HIS (daddy's girl) and they get a long so awesome! For that I am grateful, he'll always have his girls even if we never did go for boys, but I'm ecstatic that we're having a son (or 2).

fivebabies
February 20th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Oh jeez....I haven't run into a moment like that myself but I can only imagine. Your family sounds like a lot of fun!

When do you find out how many babies you have in there???