PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelmed

wannahealthybaby
February 20th, 2012, 10:09 PM
I feel so intimidated and overwhelmed with the entire HT process. I am from Pittsburgh,PA and can't seem to find anything close that does Gender Selection for family balancing reasons. We are willing to travel as far as we need to in order to find a good place. I guess my question is, is there a "favorite"place to go and also is there an easy way to understand all of this HT business. Thank you for any help!

nuthinbutpink
February 20th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Hi there. It is hard to get started. I am not immediately aware of any in your area but have you tried the www.SART.org site and made some calls based on clinic with good success rates?

If you are willing to travel, take your pick! NY is not far, Atlanta and California are options and a few SRIM's in between!

Dream Members get a free consult with Dr Potter of HRC on here. He can order pretesting which you can do locally to see what kind of ovarian reserve you have. From there, I would google local IVF clinic's- you likely have to call and ask if the do PGD for GS because many places do not openly advertise that.

And finally, just ask if you have questions! We're happy to help!

KidAtHeart
March 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
If the logistics weren't so difficult, I would go to California and cycle w Dr. Potter. We live outside of Columbus and I'm about to start my first cycle with Ohio Reproductive Medicine. So far so good... but I don't have a lot of experience with this.