PDA

View Full Version : 1

Juniebjones
February 21st, 2012, 09:56 AM

purplepoet20
February 21st, 2012, 10:46 AM
I just posted a few websites under the ph section and it has coffee listed as acidic after digestion.

I never drank coffee until after DS1 stopped nursing but then it was only 1cp a day. Before that I may have had some on the weekend. I have had to drink 2-3cps a day because DS1 is an early riser.

NeedAGirl!
February 21st, 2012, 11:39 AM
I have seen LOTS of successful sways that included coffee so I wouldn't worry about it - especially with the aspartame added.

zanacal
February 21st, 2012, 12:45 PM
I think the idea that caffeine causes your body to not absorb calcium has been debunked - and is irrelevant if you're going with the low everything theory anyhow. I had 2 cups a day for the 3 months prior to our attempt and it's the only time in my life I've drunk coffee regularly. I also drank loads of diet coke and I didn't drink decaffeinated.

prayforprincess
February 21st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Agree. If you drink a cup of so a day it will not sway in either direction -- it is fine.
Calcium is not even proven to sway pink, and we don't really know that caffeine absorbs calcium anyway.
No worries, drink your coffee. I am sure that 90% of girl mom's drink coffee too, we all do; so, naturally as you can see, coffee is not even close to being a magic bullet to sway either way.

Sassy
February 22nd, 2012, 05:19 AM
I used coffee in my Girl Sway - I had 3 packets of asp in it and had it at around 9-10am most mornings and it was the only thing I had prior to lunch.

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2012, 10:21 AM
No, it is not bad at all. IG has coffee as a no-no (FGD allows 1 cup a day) because the claim is that it interferes with calcium absorption, but that is actually a myth. You ahve to drink nearly fatal levels of caff for months/years before it does anything at all to your bone mass (calcium supps actually cause you to lose more bone mass by far than normal caffeine intake does) and the amount of calcium that is excreted in your urine after drinking coffee is so tiny as to be laughable that anyone would be concerned about it. (5 mg after 1 cup of coffee at MOST.)

That is one aspect of swaying I doubted from the very beginning because my mom, stepmom, and MIL drink more caff than seems humanly possible and have mostly girls. Plus, it doesn't FIT with what most people mention - there are a lot of caff junkies with all girls and then the boy moms aren't that into caff. The pattern that I have witnessed seems to be very high caff intake = girls, and moderate/no caff = boys.

This also fits with the fertility theory because high caff in both DHa nd DW is not good for fertility and people are told to give up caff if they are having fertility problems.

sweetpea
February 22nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
I think I might add a cup of coffee in the morning, to help me with skipping breakfast. If I do this, what kind of milk/creamer would be best to add? I was thinking of adding Equal to the coffee as my sweetener, but I just cannot have my coffee black. Would adding some skim milk be okay? Or maybe a non-dairy flavored creamer? Half-n-half? Other suggestions?

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Whatever you enjoy is best. If it makes it a nice treat to have a flavored creamer or half and half, that might be able to help you stick to the skipping breakfast better.

Sassy
February 27th, 2012, 05:17 AM
There's not really a heap of milk in coffee anyway, so take it how you like it and use it to get you through the morning without eating. But I'd suggest going with the equal....the more the better! Good way to get aspartame!

vada79
February 27th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the info. I had the same question since I'm very used to having coffee in the morning to get me up and during night shift. Just thinking about having to cut out the coffee already stressed me out, but now I can relax about it :happy:

purple sky
February 28th, 2012, 12:38 AM
I think I might add a cup of coffee in the morning, to help me with skipping breakfast. If I do this, what kind of milk/creamer would be best to add? I was thinking of adding Equal to the coffee as my sweetener, but I just cannot have my coffee black. Would adding some skim milk be okay? Or maybe a non-dairy flavored creamer? Half-n-half? Other suggestions?
I use Lucerne sugar free creamer..yummy with a couple equal packets

Butterfly Spirit
March 1st, 2012, 05:30 AM
I've drank 1-2 cans of regular coke daily for years and I have 2 princes. So this time I'm skipping coke and drinking Crystal lite and other beverages. . .until I get my BFP !!!

zanacal
March 1st, 2012, 12:14 PM
I've drank 1-2 cans of regular coke daily for years and I have 2 princes. So this time I'm skipping coke and drinking Crystal lite and other beverages. . .until I get my BFP !!!

Diet coke is fine between meals but when swaying pink regular coke should be limited to meal times - in between it will keep your blood sugar levels elevated!