PDA

View Full Version : Question about pre-tests

MoreThanCars
February 21st, 2012, 12:16 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the whole HT-process but I will be cycling with Dr. Potter at Newport Beach in April.
I just had my pre-tests and was wondering what "good results" are.

Here are my results:

AMH: 11.70
AFC: 42
FSH: 5.7

Anyone with positive/negative experiences and simular numbers?
I already had feedback from someone but it's getting closer to April and the more information I can get, the better :)
Thanks!

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2012, 01:48 PM
Wowza. You are looking like a PCOS patient. Did they talk with you about your AFC? Where are you from? Not sure what scale your AMH is measured on- US or International. I would probably get insulin resistance testing done before cycling with an AFC that high! Mine was 12:)

MoreThanCars
February 21st, 2012, 01:54 PM
Hi nothinbutpink,
Whoa that scared me! I did a quick research on the internet. Some PCOS-symptoms sound very familiar to me but others not at all. I did have a full blood-exam done and every thing else was very good.
The person who did the ultrasound said my follicle count was excellent but I'm not sure if he's a doctor?
I'm from Belgium (Europe)

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2012, 01:58 PM
Well, then your AFC is measured on a different scale but they actually counted 42 follicles? I'm curious to see what Potter says.

MoreThanCars
February 21st, 2012, 01:59 PM
Me too!! I will let you know. The follicles that are counted are between 2 and 10 mm big. How are follicles counted where you are (America?)

MoreThanCars
February 21st, 2012, 02:00 PM
About the AMH, it sais "above average", but that's it, so that doesn't give me much information!

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2012, 02:02 PM
You will really have to be monitored with your response. You could light up like a christmas tree...good news is a low dose of meds is very likely! I would ask about possible insulin resistence and if you need to do any testing.

MoreThanCars
February 21st, 2012, 02:07 PM
I will, thanks for the advice! It's strange that they don't include that in the tests anyway because I had 10 pages of test results but nothing about insulin. I'll do some research right now.
Haha after this whole PGD-thing is over we can get a Master in Fertility Sciences ;)

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2012, 02:10 PM
Me too!! I will let you know. The follicles that are counted are between 2 and 10 mm big. How are follicles counted where you are (America?)

Yes, those are Antral follicles.

MoreThanCars
February 21st, 2012, 02:13 PM
Sorry, one more question... Did they count follicles on both your ovaries?

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2012, 02:24 PM
Yes! Mine was 6 the first time and 12 the next time, which are low but 20 is awesome(10 each). Where you are is just way up there.

Whereas most of us worry about responding at all, you should respond very well to meds but the trick will be to manage your response to ensure quality is also good- this is a great site for pretesting info- Antral Follicle Counts, Testing Ovarian Reserve Predicts IVF Response (http://www.advancedfertility.com/antralfollicles.htm)

MoreThanCars
February 21st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Oh thank you! I'll get right to it :)