PDA

View Full Version : If you need me, I'll be under my rock

tinksmagic
February 21st, 2012, 12:31 PM
Things did not go well today :,(

First, I was right about my "echo", it is a twin, but she wouldn't measure him cuz she couldn't see anything in the sac. But there it was, fully visible on the screen next to his brother.

The first sac now only has a yolk sac but has only grown 3 days in the last 8. I was told he was 5w4d last week, now she said last week he was 5w3d, so which was it??? Either way, he's very much behind, no fetal pole, no heartbeat.

To top things off, there is a bleed in my uterus and she had the nerve to ask if I was spotting!! I told her last week I was! Don't they write anything down? Wtf! Her reaction was so aloof like "oh well, call us if you bleed"

So needless to say, I'm pissed and beyond upset, and waiting to see if my real ob-gyn will see me, I don't trust the clinic nor do I want to go back there! Ever! They didn't even have my appointment scheduled today!

I'm no longer hopeful this pregnancy and am leaving it now in God's hands.

I just want to crawl under a rock and stay there! Everything started out so great! This isn't fair! The wind is out of my sails even though I should stay positive that it ain't over til it's over...

tinksmagic
February 21st, 2012, 01:11 PM
Update: I just talked to my favorite nurse at my ob-gyn's and she said the bleed is normal and common and doesn't necessarily mean miscarriage (phew)

She is annoyed that they are giving me conflicting info on both sacs and that it's still too soon to tell, that there's no way I can be 7 weeks if the embryos were only created 5 weeks ago.

Needless to say, my ob-gyn is doing my next u/s next Wednesday and I'm done with the clinic!

lisvna
February 21st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Keep us updated, I'm following your story. Good luck hun!

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2012, 01:30 PM
What was your transfer date?

You can use an online IVF due date calculator- if you ET was Jan 20th, then you are 7 weeks, 2 days today.

tinksmagic
February 21st, 2012, 01:38 PM
What was your transfer date?

You can use an online IVF due date calculator- if you ET was Jan 20th, then you are 7 weeks, 2 days today.

My ER date was the 15, 5 day transfer on the 20th. Could they have really screwed dates up? Aren't they supposed to know? One would think... They tell me I'm 7w2d based on my lmp. My ob-gyn calculates differently, that the sacs are right on schedule. Why would sac #2 continue to grow if it's empty?

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2012, 01:43 PM
I don't know who is telling dates- your LMP doesn't matter or count at all because there was no LMP. You use your transfer date to figure out how far along you are- this is a site I refer to- IVFConnections.com - IVF Due Date Calculator by Date of Transfer, Retrieval, Ovulation or Insemination (http://www.ivfconnections.com/forums/content.php/749-IVF-Due-Date-Calculator-by-Date-of-Transfer-Retrieval-Ovulation-or-Insemination)

I believe you are 7 weeks, 2 days based on your transfer date. Your due date is October 7, 2012. You need to ask your RE how far along they say you are not your OB. IVF dates are based on ER/ET and what day you transfer- day 3 embryo or day 5 embryo.

tinksmagic
February 21st, 2012, 01:51 PM
That's how it's figured. I guess at this point we wait til next week and pray for the best.

Could an empty sac continue to grow? That one still has me stumped!

There was talk of late implantation, but I tested bfp so soon.

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2012, 01:59 PM
Did the main one that has been there have a heartbeat? When was your last scan?

tinksmagic
February 21st, 2012, 02:03 PM
Did the main one that has been there have a heartbeat? When was your last scan?

Scan this morning, no hb, just a yolk, only 3 days growth over the last 8. Last week was just a sac, no yolk. At this point 2 years ago, we saw the hb even though he was measuring behind. Not too hopeful.

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2012, 02:04 PM
Did you go today? Where is your RE? Are they advising you on this? What do they say? 6 weeks is when you hope to see a heartbeat. Later is okay but your RE really needs to take a look at your results and see what is going on at this point. I'm sorry things are not going like you hoped but I really hope they are talking with you about what is expected.

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2012, 02:05 PM
Scan this morning, no hb, just a yolk, only 3 days growth over the last 8. Not too hopeful.

At your RE's office? Is your RE aware of what is going on? Have you spoken with them?

tinksmagic
February 21st, 2012, 02:13 PM
Scan was at the ivf clinic. The tech pointed out both sacs, but wouldn't measure #2. The nurse was annoying and very aloof about everything, so I called my ob. They can't see me til next week anyway, but she is more optimistic, so I should be. I am done with the ivf clinic, they don't seem to address my concerns and only give vague information.

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2012, 02:19 PM
I'm sorry they are treating you this way.

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2012, 02:21 PM
Hunny I am :pray: like crazy for both boys and hoping everything is ok.

I had a bleed so heavy it was like AF and spotting for 3+ months afterwards - only lost one twin - my other boy is 2 years old and perfect. (not that it is a HUGE consolation but just so you know you can lose one and have tons of bleeding and still come out with a happy healthy baby.)

tinksmagic
February 21st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Thank you. We've felt pretty insignificant with them this whole cycle. It's almost like they're all about the money and if you fail, oh well, you'll be back! My friend has tried them 5 times now, unsuccessfully, and one of the times they knew there was low motility with the donor they thawed and still went ahead to the tune of $2500 for icsi. After she complained, they gave her $1000 credit towards her next cycle. So wrong!

auroara78
February 21st, 2012, 02:33 PM
tinks, so sorry to hear about all this :(

I hope it all turns out well, I know the waiting is going to be the hard part.... :hugs:

for sure keep us updated!

girlmom
February 21st, 2012, 02:45 PM
aww im so sorry tink. hopefully your ob can explain things better and you'll have a good strong hb in another week or so. but to answer your question i had a sac that grew without a baby. it was one of my unknown gender miscarriages. i got a bfp. and i went in around 7 weeks because i had a very small amount of spotting. i grew a sac and a yolk sac but a baby never formed. everything was measuring ok there just wasn't a baby in there. it was very odd. a few days later the heavy bleeding started. i hope this doesn't happen to you. i didn't have ivf so i knew my dates where right on. im glad the others who had ivf can chime in with more answers. prayers for you and your little ones!

mybluepilot
February 21st, 2012, 03:07 PM
I am so sorry for what you are going through , however If I am in your situation I would just go to my RE office with my ultrasound results and demand a stat meeting with your RE and get an explanation and not because you paid so much moment is because you are still under his care and by all means a good doctor follows up whether it is good news or bad news. And I would definitely reports that ignorant RN and how insensitive she was. Sorry if I am getting you all edgy I work in healthcare and I think patients' rights should be highly respected
Best of luck to you and hope both stick for you.

tinksmagic
February 23rd, 2012, 04:22 AM
Thank you ladies, I knew I could cry on everyone's shoulder (and believe me, I've been doing that a lot the past day and a half).

I guess the good news is, I still feel very much preggers. I woke up in the middle of the night in a panic that I didn't still feel it, but once I got my butt outta bed and motivated, it's very much clear. :) My tummy has deflated a bit, and that's kinda freaking me out, but there's reason (I won't say, it's tmi, lol).

I haven't heard from the clinic, not that I expect to, and I'm glad my ob-gyn will be seeing me from now on. I just wish it wasn't a week away. I guess I should be taking advantage of this week still preggers even if slow development. I'm just trying to enjoy it while it lasts and not worry about it. Good thing is, the bleed is staying put inside me although I'm fairly certain where it is, I've got a huge pain on my middle left side where I strained the muscle, so I'm thinking that the strain caused the bleed. Still have the cramping that I've had all week and back pain, so other than them upsetting the Hell out of me yesterday, nothing's really changed. I am going to ask to be seen as I do periodically get a few sharp pains in my stomach that have me concerned. Last week they mentioned my ovaries were enlarged but of course, no one addressed it the other day. I know something is up with them cuz they still hurt like mad.

I hate that I have to work this week, really wish I could take some time off to relax until I know things are going well.

Foxy
February 23rd, 2012, 09:17 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope it all turns out well. xx

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Hope all is well Tink! :)

tinksmagic
February 26th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Thank you! Quick update (again, lol)

Thursday I was having sharp pains in my stomach and my ob said to go to the er and get checked. After 6 hours there it was determined I was dehydrated, needed more rest, and have cysts on my ovaries that were pretty large and explained the pain. They did an "on the tummy" ultrasound and that's how they found the cysts. As for the "internal bleed" the tech saw that too but it is no where near the sacs and the dr is chalking it up to implantation bleed and not to worry. As for the 2 sacs, they're there, clear as day and both were measured. #1 measured at 5w4d and #2 5w3d (explains a lot more, stupid nurse at the clinic mixed them up!). So they are basically the same size. As for what's in them, the dr said it's too soon to say and even though IVF adds 2 weeks she said do not worry, everything checks out for a healthy pregnancy so far. My blood levels were 20,662 (she said adequate) and not to worry about anything!
I have a follow up on Friday with my ob-gyn and though it's gonna be hard to wait, I feel a lot better now. I have to drink more water and take metamucil daily now to prevent any future issues in that department, lol.

I feel like I got better information and now know that the pain isn't something to worry about but need to keep an eye on the cysts. I'm fuming still at the clinic, clearly they saw everything as the er did, but did not seem to care how it would affect me.

auroara78
February 27th, 2012, 10:45 AM
tinks, glad for the update, i hope the babes keep growing! glad they saw two sacs...hopefully you'll be taking home twin boys in a few months! How sweet :)

mybluepilot
February 27th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Great update, I am so glad you got to see the sacs and yes five weeks is still early to see anything in them , you should hang on any more u/s till 7 weeks or so to hear those amazing sounds. Hoping for a healthy pregnancy for you :)

Princess of Pink
February 27th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the update!! I might be wrong but shouldn't you be 8 weeks now? I thought you had ER around 17th Jan and got a BFP on about 25th??

Got my fingers crossed for you!

tinksmagic
February 27th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the update!! I might be wrong but shouldn't you be 8 weeks now? I thought you had ER around 17th Jan and got a BFP on about 25th??

Got my fingers crossed for you!

Yes, because I did IVF I am 8w1d, but last week was a total nightmare. Both sacs were only measuring 5w4/3d respectively. My ob says it's still too soon to see anything (though 2 years ago we already saw his heartbeat at 6 weeks). The IVF clinic wasn't too hopeful, but after talking to my ob and the er dr, they assure me not to worry that it's still too soon. I'm just hoping they are running behind but will catch up because they are boys and I'm 40 and there's 2 of them. Trying so hard not to worry or obsess over this. I go for another u/s on Friday at my ob's office. I'm done going to the clinic, all they did was upset me.

On a brighter note, still feeling very much preggers. Can't eat anything without dry heaving after so that's a good sign and no more spotting for the time being :) Just praying they're like their mother, lol, always late!

Everything about this cycle has been different and every time I try to compare to someone else, they're doing so much better! My betas at 39dp5dt (yes, got them done Thursday at the er) were only 20662, which seems to be really low for twins, but they're both there, both still growing from last week, and keeping up with each other, so we'll see what Friday brings.

Foxy
February 28th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Hope you get some good news on Friday xx

tinksmagic
February 28th, 2012, 11:15 AM
I did just get off the phone with the ivf clinic, I was called to be asked why I never scheduled a follow up. I very nicely explained everything to the nurse (who will relay my concerns to the doctor I never got to see!!! WTF!). She listened to what I had to say and tried to defend their staff which is understandable, but in my eyes, unacceptable behavior and lack of both compassion and knowledge is no excuse. I am done there! :) And now they know. She wanted to argue that most obs wouldn't see me until I pointed out mine is hubby's cousin and he's more than happy to see us!

I have to fill out their form to release my records, I hope there's a section asking why I want to term my relationship, I will certainly let them know! And in the event we have to do another cycle, it WILL NOT be with them! I've never been so neglected by any doctor (or lack of!) at any practice.

tinksmagic
March 4th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Friday did not go well at all. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all. My u/s showed two sacs still but neither had grown, at all. The first sac is now misshapen and whatever may have been growing in it has stopped. The second sac is still empty. Neither grew beyond 5w6d. I am 9 weeks. My body hasn't figured it out yet once again that they didn't make it. Yes, I'm devastated, but I knew the chance I would take. I am meeting with my ob in the morning to determine best course from here. As much as I want nature to run it's course, a d&c is not good for anyone's system, right?, I really hope they would be able to test what's there to see if we're missing something and will test for it next time around.

My nurse loves to tell my I have old eggs. I'm really sick of hearing that, I know plenty of 40-somethings who are able to get pregnant ~ and keep it! I've been spending my morning researching what I can take as a supplement to increase egg quality. Apparently, it is possible. I have to focus on selling my house at the moment , so another cycle won't be possible for another few months anyway, so maybe the distraction will help.

I'm open to advice across the board. I hate that I'm 40 and have wasted so much time trying to get this far. Time is definitely working against me.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me to this point, I will still post here and there and keep in touch, but I really want to focus on getting this done right for the next time. I'm also contacting other clinics in my area who do PGD, apparently there are many including Mass General (top hospital!!!) and they're my first call.
I honestly think my next cycle I will test for gender only, I'll take more chances that way I know, but given the odds that I am throwing away good embies based on 1 cell, I'd rather take all boy embies and see what happens.

Bumblebee
March 5th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Oh no So sorry to hear that Tink, that's awful and I hope you get through this and I pray that you have a successful pregnancy in the future. Wishing you the best for luck for the future xx

rainbowflower
March 5th, 2012, 09:13 AM
aww Tinks I feel so sad for you that you've had this outcome and been treated so disresepectfully in the process - I hope your next cycle gives you the boys you long for

atomic sagebrush
March 5th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Tink I'm SO sorry. Have you seen this?? http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/803-boosting-egg-quality.html

I am really nervous about you postponing for any reason...if there is any way, beg borrow or steal to get your next attempt in sooner, I would do it.

tinksmagic
March 5th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Tink I'm SO sorry. Have you seen this?? http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/803-boosting-egg-quality.html

I am really nervous about you postponing for any reason...if there is any way, beg borrow or steal to get your next attempt in sooner, I would do it.

Thank you AS! Yes, I spent all of last night going over everything you had posted (I did a search on Google for the site, the search engine on site is flawed, it won't parse after the first page of results).

So get this:

This morning's update. After barely making it to my appointment (had to get an hour sleep, then deal with my OCD 6yo to get to school) I all but either passed out or puked when I got to the dr's. I hadn't eaten yet (no appetite) and my sugar level was crashing. The ladies there were great! When they asked what was wrong I told them I was the most pregnant, non-pregnant person I knew! Got some confused looks on that one. When I was finally brought in the nurse briefly went over what I was there for, if a surgery (d&c) was scheduled, and how I was feeling. I told her I am refusing a d&c, I'll let Mother Nature take it from here. She mumbled something about going to see the doctor. 10 mins later (and hearing them outside discuss not doing a check on me (internal)), my dr. came in and we discussed that for someone who was told I was going to miscarry over the weekend, I still felt very pregnant. We went over my er u/s results and compared them to the ones done in his office last week. There had only been 3mm growth in each sac over those 8 days. He mentioned a blighted ovum, which I was expecting to hear.

We decided to wait this out. Since I was feeling preggers still, no spotting or real cramping, we would wait to see what happens. He wasn't too hopeful for a miracle, but since he feels we're still in the running, we're going with a "threatened miscarriage" at this point. I had read that perhaps a tilted uterus could be hiding a baby, but he didn't feel that was the case (even though mine is reversed), he felt that they would have seen something by now. I did have my HCG levels checked again (still waiting for results). Back on the progesterone (I only missed 1 day) and praying for a miracle.

I am determined to fight for this pregnancy til the end, when Mother Nature decides! It ain't over til it's over!!!!

Mochagirl
March 5th, 2012, 02:35 PM
I'm :pray: for you, tinksmagic. I hope you get your miracle.

tinksmagic
March 5th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Thank you!!! Everyone's support really means a lot!!!!

I forgot to add:
Between the 8 days between my last u/s, each sac actually had grown about 3mm each, not the results they were looking for, but still growing. Sac #1 was 14mm and still showed remains of yolk sac (it was 11mm at er) and sac #2 was 11mm (was +/- 9mm at er). Dr says this *might be* due to methods used to measure, but unsure.
I'm still waiting to find out my HCG numbers and we're scheduling another u/s for this coming Friday. At least he's working with me to monitor all possible options!

Princess of Pink
March 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
If it is a blighted ovum I am not sure that waiting to naturally miscarry is a wise idea to be honest. I had a blighted oyum for my second pregnancy, back before I was u/s obsessed. Baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks 1 day......sac kept growing until I had my D&C at 17 weeks....the sac measured 15 weeks. Not a single sign that I would pass it naturally and it was still growing!!

Best of luck in this hard decision!

tinksmagic
March 5th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I just got off the phone with the ob's office. My next u/s is Friday for sure and my hcg rose from 20,662 10 days ago to 35748 today. Still a small glimmer of hope!

PoP, did your numbers still continue to rise during all of that? I figure I have nothing but time at this point and I don't want to be the one to make the termination call.

nuthinbutpink
March 5th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Hun, you are 9+ weeks? I really don't understand why your doctor is doing this. It doesnt sound like there is anything viable. I've never heard of letting this go on for so long and I've been around for over 4 years.

I just feel like nobody is being honest with you and that just isn't fair. You're not going to miscarry until you stop all Meds.

Inglewood
March 5th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Hi, not sure if this helps? but I when for a scan at 6wks 1day I was told there was 1 (singleton) as only 1 heartbeat was seen, although looking at my scan pic now u can see 2 wee white sacs. The twin wasn't discovered as a 2nd baby until my 12wk scan. I didn't go for any more scans from 6wks 1d - until 12wks, so not sure at what piont they would of detected heartbeat number 2. Told sometimes this happens and the 2nd heartbeat can be a detected week later??

Hope things work out for you. Will keep checking. Thinking of u xx

tinksmagic
March 5th, 2012, 03:44 PM
NBP, not sure either, but he's hubby's cousin and wouldn't put me in jeopardy. Yep, at 9 weeks, but no one can figure it out, so he's ok with waiting, he'll keep monitoring, and I've got nothing but time at this point. Only meds I'm on are the vitamins and progesterone (which he said to keep using).
So now we wait til Friday and see...

girlmom
March 5th, 2012, 03:51 PM
hope you get a miracle tink, prayers are with you but also my belighted ovem kept growing as well. and my number continued to rise, not double but rise much like yours did. i did finally miscarry on my own but i wasn't taking any meds. i admire your determination, but if you want to try again soon it might be better to go for the d&c so you can get your cycles back on track.

nuthinbutpink
March 5th, 2012, 03:51 PM
At over 9 weeks, there should not be empty sacs. HCG rising is due to the fact that they did implant and HCG is being secreted but seeing nothing is the biggest issue. You should be having a NT scan in 3 weeks but there has to be something there. I really don't get this. It doesn't make any sense.

tinksmagic
March 5th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Nothing about this pregnancy has started to make sense. I'm not sure what to think anymore. I've read the miracle stories where women with tilted uterus's find their baby perfectly fine after 10 -12 weeks. I know mine is reversed, but we'll see. No matter what, I'll wait it out. The worst that could be is what we're already figuring but I don't ever want to jump the gun (or the shark!!!)
See what is there come Friday. Funny they continue to very slowly grow, that makes no sense either. Either way I'm worrying myself death!

Bumblebee
March 6th, 2012, 06:35 AM
gosh Tink all the uncertainty must be driving you nuts, I hope everything turns out good and you get good news. Pray you have some sticky beans in there xx

sweetpea
March 6th, 2012, 01:24 PM
A woman at my church went through a very similar situation with her twin boys years and years ago. Her doctors pushed for a D&C, but she adamantly refused and decided to pray and wait it out. Her boys are both alive and well today - one of them is getting married this summer!

I :pray: that you have a similar miracle on your hands!

auroara78
March 9th, 2012, 10:49 AM
tinks, can't wait for an update! When do you see your doctor today? I pray for a miracle, akin to what sweetpea said!

tinksmagic
March 9th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Today there was only 1mm growth, been moved to a "missed miscarriage", just waiting it out at this point.
Sorry, wish I had a miracle to announce. :_(

Next scan is Thursday if I make it. No signs yet. Meeting next month with a genetic doctor, going to get to the heart of the problem.

michaela
March 10th, 2012, 12:24 AM
I am sorry to hear this Tinks :( (((HUGS)))

Are you going to do a D&C to see if they can figure out the cause of the miscarriage? When I had mine done they didn't do any testing and I wish I would have. Every RE after the D&C that I consulted with asked me for those results and since I didn't have them it was like starting from square one.

Whatever you decide I hope your heart can heal soon. :heart:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuthinbutpink
March 10th, 2012, 07:16 AM
I am very sorry. I agree with michaela though to ask about if they can do testing with a D&C because you cannot if you wait it out. I'm sorry this has been managed this way for you. I don't think your clinic handled your case very well and I recommend you consult with another RE if you can.

michaela
March 10th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Yeah it makes me so sad that they drug it out like that. That should have never happened and I agree I would also look for a new RE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mochagirl
March 10th, 2012, 10:06 AM
So sorry, Tinks.

lisvna
March 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Tinks im so sorry to hear this.....big hugs!

Hobbermittens
March 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM
SO sorry tinks. :(

girlmom
March 10th, 2012, 02:08 PM
AWW im so sorry tink. prayers are with you and your family. we only lost one of our twins i cannot imagine the pain of lossing two at once. one was bad enough. hugs, you are a strong lady.

fresas
March 10th, 2012, 07:08 PM
My heart breaks for you. I am so sorry.

I don't know if you are one that needs to know why to gain closure, but I am. If you feel strong enough to request this because you believe knowing why will help, then please ask or if you have someone with you, you might ask them to ask.

I am so, so sorry. :(

Princess of Pink
March 10th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I'm so sorry tinks!

familiesr4ever
March 11th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Oh, Tinks, I am heartbroken for you and your family. Hugs to you and your family.

atomic sagebrush
March 12th, 2012, 09:59 PM
:( Hope you are doing as well as possible. :heart:

tinksmagic
March 15th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Hi Ladies!
First thank you for all of your support and kind words. I'm still in limbo at this point. Over the weekend I lost what I am pretty sure was the bleed I had. As for the rest of the impending miscarriage ~ nothing. I go again to my ob for yet another ultrasound tomorrow. I hate that I cannot get closure at this point and I really want to get started on my recovery and next cycle. Short of divine intervention, nothing has changed in weeks.

I'm still going with Mass General, though I am calling around. Rhode Island's Women and Infants has a great rep too, but don't know if they do PGD. I really just want to get to the bottom of it all. I am also researching everything to possibly increase my egg quality. Seems hopeful from what other women post as their experiences while on supplements.

As for me, I've been living in a world of 70 degree weather, birds chirping, kids out playing and just when all seems right in the world, I get the "oh yeah, I'm just waiting to lose my twin boys" and reality hits me so hard again all I can do is cry. It totally sucks :( I will continue to post here, everyone has been great, but maybe not so often; I'm still in denial and trying not to let depression sneak in. Of course yesterday, while walking in to CVS I walk in right behind a very happy grandma toting her two newborn baby twin grandsons. That one hurt ~ a lot!

I hope everyone is doing well themselves, and please keep in touch!!! I hope to post better progress along the way for this next journey if I can ever get it started.

fresas
March 15th, 2012, 06:08 PM
That does hurt. I'm so sorry. I'm crying for you. I hope you get the closure and clear answers you need. I also hope you can find somewhere comfortable for you to cycle again when you are ready.

Bumblebee
March 16th, 2012, 11:39 AM
oh hun so sorry to hear you're going through this, it must be really hard for you, I hope everything goes well and you get some closure xxx

tinksmagic
March 19th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Well, here we are, week 11 and nothing. Physically I'm doing fine, with the exception of the occasional cramps. Nothing productive though. :( I am meeting this week with Women and Infants in Rhodey to discuss a d&c only for the reasons that a) I want to test the tissue to try to determine what went wrong and b) I really need to get on with my life and learn how to have a better cycle.

I used to say I never saw my last miscarriage coming (and I didn't) and that this would be "the cycle" where I'd get my healthy twin boys, but wow, was I wrong! I never saw this happening either!!!

I now know after getting my records that my "bleed" was actually a subchorionic hematoma and from what I'm reading up on them, they can be the cause for up to 50% of miscarriages. Why no one told me this, is ticking me off!

I spoke last week with a genetic counselor at W&I and I got a much better vibe talking to her than MG. I will have my consultations with both and make the decision next month on who to go with. My OB uses W&I and I'm leaning now more towards them just after my conversation. I am allowing myself and hubby no less than 120 days to improve ourselves for a better cycle. I'm reading up on everything that *may help. My OB insists there's no concrete findings in all the fertility supplements out there, but I am having a hard time not accepting there's some truth to them after the women I've been talking to that have taken supplements and have gone on to have healthy babies.

Mentally, I still have my lost moments, but I'm getting better about it. I think I will feel so much better once I have my
closure on this cycle.

lisvna
March 19th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Hugs!

auroara78
March 19th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Tinks, thanks for the update, sorry about all of this :(

I hope you can get a boy or even twin boys again very soon...I think it's good that you are looking forward in a proactive manner!

tinksmagic
March 21st, 2012, 11:24 PM
I'm really starting to feel like the butt of a cruel joke. I go next week for a d&c and hopefully get to the bottom of this. The sick part is, I now look 3 months pregnant with twins and my youngest keeps talking to my tummy like her baby brothers are in there (we never told her, she just sees how big I am). I have to wear baggy clothes (and it's been in the 70's and 80's here ~ freak NE weather!) so I don't have to answer the question I wanted to joyously answer.
I have calls in to my ENT dr to get a starting point with my thyroid. I've been to a few health food places getting more info on supplements to start taking to try a healthy cycle and I've 75% changed my eating habits and working on hubby's. The good thing is, is he's totally on board with everything to getting healthier (he's been trying for a year now, this is a kick in the butt for him) and cycling again in a few months.

choulu
March 23rd, 2012, 02:44 AM
...in my eyes, unacceptable behavior and lack of both compassion and knowledge is no excuse. ...And in the event we have to do another cycle, it WILL NOT be with them! I've never been so neglected by any doctor (or lack of!) at any practice.

You are a strong woman Tinks. I admire your courage and persistence!

I had the same (bad) experience with HRC (Dr. F and her nurse) today. The nurse cannot tell the difference between two procedures, wrote my name wrong, said the name of the medicine wrong, and the doctor was totally unresponsive!

If you live in MA, can you receive insurance that will cover you for up to 6 cycles?

tinksmagic
April 1st, 2012, 01:16 AM
Well, it's officially over for me this cycle. I had my d & c Thursday and am on bed rest due to hemorrhaging. The pain has been unreal, this haas been the pregnancy from Hell! What started out so well ended horribly. Best I can hope now is that they can grab enough dna to determine what went wrong.
I am reading up on all supplements and foods to take that may improve eggs, please let me know any advice and successes!
Everyone has been great here, thank you for your support, it really means a lot.
90 to 150 days to improve seems like a lifetime to wait now.
Good luck to everyone and healthy babies!
We meet in 3 weeks with the hospital here to start fresh, that will make the time go by quicker! Lots of tests in our future. No more clinics fir us, experts only!

fresas
April 2nd, 2012, 01:45 AM
I am so sorry again. I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

I also hope you will have a successful H & H pregnancy with experts on your case.

auroara78
April 3rd, 2012, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry again, and I'm glad we can be a source of support for you :)

You are great to have around, please stay in touch with us through your journey to have baby boys :)

tinksmagic
April 12th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Well, it's been 2 weeks and hopefully today I will have the dna test results I am hoping for!
I am jumping over to the swaying forums for a bit, I've drastically changed everything in mine and hubby's lives and so far, it's been working out well for us. :)
NOT GIVING UP!!!! I am hoping for another cycle in September or October depending on how things go with us and the genetic doctors.
Hope everyone is doing well, and again, thank you to everyone!!!
We'll get there!!!!

fresas
April 13th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Did you find out today? I've been thinking of you. Again, so sorry. :(

tinksmagic
April 16th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Did you find out today? I've been thinking of you. Again, so sorry. :(
Hoping you are feeling better yourself. :) Never stops hurting when you think of it. :(

As for me, nothing yet. I called on Friday, hoping they have something this week. I hate waiting!!!

I do have to go in for a check up in a week and have blood drawn cuz I can't stop bleeding. I've taken pills to control it, but I've hemorrhaged 3 times now. Just want it to be over already! They're now thinking I'm anemic. So we add iron to the mix, lol.

Bumblebee
April 16th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Very best of luck Tink will be thinking of you xx

rainbowflower
April 16th, 2012, 09:16 AM
hope you get some answers soon... sorry this has been so prolonged for you

fresas
April 21st, 2012, 02:34 PM
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry you are continuing to physically suffer in the midst of everything. I hope things resolve soon. Did you hear anything?

You are right. It doesn't stop hurting. :( Thinking of you.

tinksmagic
April 26th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Well, my long awaited test results just came today. They were only able to grow one embryo (so I can only assume that this is true for his brother and the son from 2 years ago since he was slow to develop too). My results are Trisomy 10 which from what I'm reading online is attributed to advanced maternal age. Now I know. Closure.

I will continue to eat right and take my vitamins and supplements to hope to correct chromosomal abnormalities. I will not be returning to Mass General since she does not wish to do PGD (even though we know issues, I can't afford another miscarriage). I will be calling Women and Infants to meet with their genetic counselor. I can only assume that this will affect both boys and girls.

Hobbermittens
April 26th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I am glad you got answers finally. Sorry the news wasn't good. :( I hope things work out, whichever path you take next. :hugs:

fresas
April 26th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I'm glad you have answers now, but I'm sorry that it was something rare and due to advanced maternal age. I wish you a lot of luck and perfect on your next round. <3

tinksmagic
April 27th, 2012, 01:56 AM
My main focus is getting healthy and try to see if it's true about being able to produce better quality and quantity eggs. I'm pouring over other areas of the site now and adding to my agenda :)

Butterfly Spirit
April 27th, 2012, 01:58 AM
My main focus is getting healthy and try to see if it's true about being able to produce better quality and quantity eggs. I'm pouring over other areas of the site now and adding to my agenda :)

Tinksmagic, I'm sorry about all your stress. Have you tried things like royal jelly to produce better quality eggs? Or do you ladies not do that in HT?

tinksmagic
April 28th, 2012, 01:54 AM
To
Tinksmagic, I'm sorry about all your stress. Have you tried things like royal jelly to produce better quality eggs? Or do you ladies not do that in HT?

Yes, trying a lot right now. I'm slowly adding in things every few days to make sure I don't get sick or are allergic. Started royal jelly 3 weeks ago, yum! My daily treat to compensate the wheat grass, lol.

I'm backing off HT for the next 6 months. I met with another dr at Mass General and left there feeling very annoyed and greatly disappointed. I now know what I need to do before I try again and won't be rushed. She wants to try again in 2 months and NOT do PGD though we strongly feel it is in our best interest considering our outcomes. So much for "experts", HA!

I am taking it all back many steps. I'm eating only whole foods and taking what I feel I need to improve my eggs. So far it's been working out great, and I've been reading forums where women tried this and that and what's worked for them.

I am determined to do this safely, healthy, and on MY terms! :)

Our diagnosis of Trisomy 10 hit us out of nowhere, given the severity of the possible outcome. I can't risk having a child with defects, we're not in a position to raise a child with defect and it would be very unfair to the child and our other children.