PDA

View Full Version : What is happening to my body this month?

Kiara
February 22nd, 2012, 01:43 PM
Hi I am new here so I hope that im posting this right! I am trying to get pregnant, and we did our first try this month, the same day as the o-test was positive. Six days after I got my period, 10 days before normal time. Is it normal that the body gets irregular sometimes or should i be worried? I am still breast feeding a little bit and I got my period back a few months ago , but it has been regular since it started. Im just so worried that the cycle will be all strange now and that I wont ovulate or something like that.

purplepoet20
February 22nd, 2012, 01:47 PM
When you are BFing your cycles will not be 100% normal. If the nursing baby is eating a lot through out the day it tells your OV to not release an egg.

Kiara
February 22nd, 2012, 01:54 PM
When you are BFing your cycles will not be 100% normal. If the nursing baby is eating a lot through out the day it tells your OV to not release an egg.

Thank you for your answer! Im not Bf that much anymore, mostly nights and mornings. Since I got my period back the ovulation tests have been positive every month. Can that change again if i Bf a little bit more one day then i did for example the day before? I mean can the ovulation just stop again if she eats more one day?

purplepoet20
February 22nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
It can put it on hold. With my son I noticed that sometimes when he nursed more my O was early but when it was less I Oed cd15. After he stopped my cycles stayed odd for awhile and I didn't O until cd14-15. About 4mths after he started to stop it slowly changed. I got my bfp 6mths after he stopped 100% and I tried for 9 cycles.

Cinss
February 22nd, 2012, 06:42 PM
Hi Kiara, i asked you in the chit chat thread if you are sure it is AF? I didn't know you were BF, that can definatly mess with your cycles, you will probably have to chart for a few months to see what is normal for you.

Kiara
February 22nd, 2012, 09:33 PM
It can put it on hold. With my son I noticed that sometimes when he nursed more my O was early but when it was less I Oed cd15. After he stopped my cycles stayed odd for awhile and I didn't O until cd14-15. About 4mths after he started to stop it slowly changed. I got my bfp 6mths after he stopped 100% and I tried for 9 cycles.

Thanks for your answer. Then maybe it is that!

Kiara
February 22nd, 2012, 09:42 PM
Hi Kiara, i asked you in the chit chat thread if you are sure it is AF? I didn't know you were BF, that can definatly mess with your cycles, you will probably have to chart for a few months to see what is normal for you.

Hi! Yes I am pretty sure because it is too much blood for being something else:-( The first three months it came regular, its only now that it changed. The o came pretty late in the two other cycles, and in this it came a little bit earlier (day 14) If the o-tests show positive then it should be possible to become pregnant, or isthere a big risk that I am not producing eggs even though the tests show that I have the hormone? I was planning on not bf that much anymore (my dd is now 1,5 years old) but she still wants in the morning and in the nights and a little bit in the day and I cant just quit. I would have hoped that it would be possible to both bf and get pregnant, but maybe it will be too hard? I wont give up though:pregnant: thank you so much for your help and time!I will check in the the other thread too, I am starting to understand more and more how the forum works :-)

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
I just wanted to put your mind at ease, it is TOTALLY possible to get pg while BF. It makes it slightly more challenging but every month that passes, your body gets more and more used to the idea. I have gotten pg twice while BF (and my guys were nursing a LOT more than just occasionally)!! i would never ever tell anyone with a 1 1/2 year old that they need to stop nursing - the vast majority of women can totally become pg while BF an older child. Here is an essay that I wrote about how to do it! HTH http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-help-infertility-support/2194-getting-pregnant-while-breastfeeding.html

Do be aware that a positive OPK does NOT mean you ovulate. You can have positive OPK and not ovulate and sometimes even get one after ovulation happened! All a pos OPK means is that your body released a little blurp of LH that came out in your urine. You can have a little bit of LH and not ovulate. I suspect that you didn't truly ovulate, your body probably thought about it but then decided not to and your estrogen dropped and the sudden drop in estrogen caused your uterine lining to slough. It wasn't a true AF because you most likely didn't ovulate, but it's good either way because you get rid of the icky old lining and now your body will make a nice new lining for a future pg to implant in.

Kiara
February 22nd, 2012, 10:32 PM
I just wanted to put your mind at ease, it is TOTALLY possible to get pg while BF. It makes it slightly more challenging but every month that passes, your body gets more and more used to the idea. I have gotten pg twice while BF (and my guys were nursing a LOT more than just occasionally)!! i would never ever tell anyone with a 1 1/2 year old that they need to stop nursing - the vast majority of women can totally become pg while BF an older child. Here is an essay that I wrote about how to do it! HTH http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-help-infertility-support/2194-getting-pregnant-while-breastfeeding.html

Do be aware that a positive OPK does NOT mean you ovulate. You can have positive OPK and not ovulate and sometimes even get one after ovulation happened! All a pos OPK means is that your body released a little blurp of LH that came out in your urine. You can have a little bit of LH and not ovulate. I suspect that you didn't truly ovulate, your body probably thought about it but then decided not to and your estrogen dropped and the sudden drop in estrogen caused your uterine lining to slough. It wasn't a true AF because you most likely didn't ovulate, but it's good either way because you get rid of the icky old lining and now your body will make a nice new lining for a future pg to implant in.

Thank you for your answer!Ithink you are right, it was not a real o. I was not just relying on the test, but also the signs of the body that I noticed have changed since my period started again, i really hope it means that im ovulating or at least will any time soon. Are those signs (cm, open cervix and so on)together with a test trustable or it is possble that even though your body "says" that you are ovulating that you are not? I think it is like you said, it was not a o this month:( I will read your essay! Thanks a lot for the link!

Just one more question: Is it possible that the o comes like normal now in about two weeks even though my period was strange?