PDA

View Full Version : Estrogen Priming?

purpledream
February 22nd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Hi, Dr.Potter,
why would you put someone on Estrogen Priming protocol and is age alone enough reason to proceed with this type of stimulation? Has anyone here done this type of protocol and why did your RE put you on it and what the outcome was? Thank you all!

michaela
February 22nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Yes I was on it. I was on it because of my AMH and because of my poor response for my age during my first cycle. It really helps to get better egg quality I guess in those that are poor responders or have DOR.

purpledream
February 22nd, 2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the response! The thing is I responded well to the Long Lupron, but ended up with lots of eggs (27), which may have compromised their quality. I'm 36, so not too old either...so I was not a poor responder to the Long Lupron originally, but that was 2 years ago.

nuthinbutpink
February 22nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
I don't think you need E priming if you got 27 eggs. I would aim for less eggs like you say to hope for better quality.

michaela
February 22nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Hmmm I am not sure then. Maybe they would have you on it because it is a slower protocol than even the long lupron which would hopefully make the quality better as well as retrieve less eggs. Do they have you on a lower dose of stims than last time? Hopefully Dr. P has a much better insight to this one!

purpledream
February 22nd, 2012, 05:30 PM
My AMH currently is 3, is that considered low?

michaela
February 22nd, 2012, 06:28 PM
Not at all. Very normal.

Dr. Potter
March 2nd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hi, Dr.Potter,
why would you put someone on Estrogen Priming protocol and is age alone enough reason to proceed with this type of stimulation? Has anyone here done this type of protocol and why did your RE put you on it and what the outcome was? Thank you all!

Estrogen priming is usually reserved for patients that have diminished ovarian reserve or a history of poor response to mediciations. I am not sure of the indication in your particular case. Please provide more information.

purpledream
March 4th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Dr. Potter,
I have neither of those. My AMH is 3 and I had close to 30 eggs during my first cycle, I'm 36. The suspected cause to my miscarriages is egg quality, therefore, I was highly recommended the EEP. Thank you for joining the discussion!