PDA

View Full Version : Another pcos question..

Boompink
February 23rd, 2012, 05:08 AM
I've been ttc for a LONG time now and have just finished one round of clomid which ended in BFN. I really want to up my chances next time (we did deana's plan this time). Do you think I should take prenatals? How much will this effect my sway? I know it's generally not good for pink but is it worse than dropping the diet? Or eating more protein? Any help appreciated, thanks!

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Prenatals aren't going to help your sway any and I personally don't believe they have any overwhelming benefit for improving egg quality either.

What I would have you add is either a DHA or fish oil supplement (I like Enfamil Expecta) and please up your folic acid to 2000 mcg.

If you would like, you may up protein SLIGHTLY to 50-60 g. I don't think it's necessary, but it might help with the PCOS to not be eating as many carbs.

Boompink
February 23rd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Thank you, I will take the fish oil supplement. Why do I need to up folic acid?

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2012, 01:04 PM
It may help improve egg quality and WILL for certain help to maintain a pg. Some babies need more folic and now that I read you're thinking about cutting out grains entirely you may even want to up it MORE because grains are fortified with folic and so you may end up getting less than your body was used to.

Boompink
February 23rd, 2012, 01:09 PM
I'm not going to cut out grains, just cut down, I'm not sure what I'd eat if I can't have any grains!! I'll up the folic acid, thanks!

fresas
February 23rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Watch for an increase in PCOS symptoms with fish oil. I was taking fish oil for ADHD, but noticed more acne and faster facial and body hair growth when taking the fish oil. Not everyone's body responds this way, but just be observant. :)

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Excellent point fresas, thanks for mentioning it! :)