PDA

View Full Version : Morning Sickness

purplepoet20
February 23rd, 2012, 10:34 AM
What works for m/s?

With DS1 I had it 24/7 for 9mths. Nothing stayed down. I spent all day laying on the couch with ginger ale.

With DS2 I had it for about 4-5mths but very little runs to the toliet. I did use Preggo candies everyday all day long to help me get through the day. Preggo Candies are not cheap here so I really don't want to spend $50 a week for the next so many mths.

Thing 3 is making things had because I am not throwing up but I can't do anything with out the feeling. I am sick all day and night, gagging at least every 10-15mins, not eating or eating doesn't help. I feel weak, tired, and dizzy all day anyways but the sick feeling just makes it worse.

What works.... Tea, candy, food, or drugs?

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Jolly Ranchers worked as well as the Preggo candies for me. Anything very tart helped me a lot. I would pop one in my mouth first thing in the morning and sucked them all day long - they gave me horrible mouth sores but at least I wasn't yacking.

purplepoet20
February 24th, 2012, 09:45 AM
I should try it since I have to go to the store today... They would be a lot cheaper then the preggo pops.

Does one flavor work better then others? I like all the flavors except grape.

Flava
February 24th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Im sorry hugs to you. Only nothing ever help me.I tries so many things! I even got some meds last time and did not helped a bit!
I never tried prego pops because just to think of a lolly pop made me more sick and I can't eat a pop in front of my girls anyway.
I read somewhere to eat a little regular potato chips can help a lot.:suprise: never tried this so no clue but maybe you can and see if it helps.

purplepoet20
February 24th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I only have the salt & vinegar ones right now... my woohoo I'm prego and I want chips buy. I guess I have another thing to add to the shopping list.

sweetsister
February 24th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I used seabanz the pulse point bracelets for seasickness and i swear they helped me,i have tried the medication and it doesnt work either,and i used to find that whenever i was sick to lie horozontal right away and eat a few plain salted crackers,it helps also a few crackers by the bedside before you get up if u feel ill i know it sounds gross but it helped me :)hope this helps

coocoobananas
February 24th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I was on diclectin but not as much as the 1st pregnancy and I think it was due to Accupuncture...it definately didnt take it away but took it down a notch! At the beginning I went every couple days and then not as much! I also found sipping ice cold water with a straw helped and green apples! Peppermint tic tacs. I was told to suck a lemon when I first got up...but I wasnt able to physically do it after the one time!! Omg thinking of nausea makes me nauseous! I can't listen to the wiggles because my son wanted them in the car all the time when pregnant with ds2...makes me I'll now hearing them!! Good luck I'll try to think of more things! Sleep sleep sleep?

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I should try it since I have to go to the store today... They would be a lot cheaper then the preggo pops.

Does one flavor work better then others? I like all the flavors except grape.

cinnamon and watermelon were not helpful for me anyway - they had to be tart.

Hobbermittens
February 25th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Ugh, morning sickness... or, for me, all day sickness... :sigh:

I have found that, strangely enough, SEX helps!! The nights that DH and I DTD, I feel miraculously better! Weird, huh?

But since I can't do that all day long :oops: I have found that as long as I don't let my stomach get empty, I am okay... I just snack a little here and there. This pregnancy I haven't been as sick as the previous 2, though there seems to be some underlying ick most of the time. But some days are really bad, and others, I can kind of ignore it. Not sure what causes that to happen?

Journey2dFuture
February 25th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I used the sea bands for a few weeks.. Also what worked the best was Hot Chocolate - Halk milk half water one sugar :) First thing in the morning.. Along with Macdonalds :( so bad i know.. But a big mac helped a ton!

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2012, 01:04 PM
big macs actually really do help! Forgot about that one.

Butterfly Spirit
February 25th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I used the sea bands for a few weeks.. Also what worked the best was Hot Chocolate - Halk milk half water one sugar :) First thing in the morning.. Along with Macdonalds :( so bad i know.. But a big mac helped a ton!

I just want to share something I've learned about McDonald's food. Myself and my family no longer eat there. Three weeks ago I saw some youtube vids and then googled the truth about McDonald's food. Apparently their food, specifically their hamburgers and fries do not break down or decompose. People have done their own experiments and weeks.. months.. years later those hamburger patties and buns, and french fries have not had one bit of mold on them. To me that tells me that it isn't real food, so what the hell is it? McDonald's french fries used to be my favorite, but not anymore! I've heard that the FDA puts a lot of things in our food that shouldn't be there.. but while we can't really get away from that, we have at least put an end to the harm that consuming McDonald's could be doing to our bodies. I just couldn't let this post go without sharing with you what I have learned.