PDA

View Full Version : Can someone remind me what is so beautiful in pregnancy?

Zivic-Bubac
February 24th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Beside that metaphysical beauty of creating new life?

This is a pure torture to me :(
I'm constantly sick, I can't watch TV or any monitor bcos that makes me sick too, I have excessive production of saliva ( happened with DD2 as well, but not for so long).
My boobs are hurting and and I'm constantly in semi-coma, the moment I think about bed, I can fall asleep.

Maybe this is all related to my age (39)? This is sooooo my last pregnancy :(

First trimester is over, thank God, and it's getting a teeny tiny bit better with all day sickness but this salivation is killing me, I can't even talk without dribbling.
Hope it will stop at one point :pray:

I really admire all the women who have more then 2-3 kids and who are willing to go through pregnancy/labor horror over and over again.

Plus I had a major stress 2 days ago on mu u/s when tech couldn't see nasal bone ( which can be an indicator of Down syndrome) so I had to come the day after and then he saw it ( did he?)

I'm still stressing about it and I'm not willing to go to amniocentesis. Yesterday I've had blood work done ( double test), results will be tomorrow so we'll see I guess....

Sorry for negative post, but I feel bad and down and sick for like 7 weeks or so and still can't see the light at the end of the tunnel :sigh:

wilma_five
February 24th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Hang on!
You're 12 weeks, maybe you feel better when you hit the 16 weeks!

Butterfly Spirit
February 24th, 2012, 04:05 AM
It's a wonderful beautiful miracle, but the whole thing is truly a labor of LOVE. That little face, the goos and coos, nursing with that unbreakable rewarding bond, the little firsts, hearing "Mama" and beyond.. in the end makes it all worth it! But it's SO HARD. I am with you, with DS #1 & 2 I was sick all 9 months to some degree. Always throwing up! I couldn't even brush my teeth in the morning.. In the first few months it was hell. My doctor prescribed me Unisom to take and it helped a lot. Then I can't remember if I took anti-nausea meds my first pregnancy but I did with my second, and only when I really needed it. It sounds like you are having that little bundle of BLUE! I hope you do! Remember that you are blessed and God is watching over you. He's picked your baby's little spirit to come to you and be in your care. I'm sorry you are depressed. I hope that your sickness will let up soon and you can start feeling better. As far as any illnesses or defects in your little one, I wouldn't worry until you actually hear about it. The worst thing we can do is assume the worst is going to happen and then dwell on it. Just try to smile today, and remember that it is a journey. Enjoy the journey! :happy:

purplepoet20
February 24th, 2012, 09:13 AM
The beautiful part is when you forget everything you went through!

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Huge (((hugs))) I totally know what you mean!!! I HATE pregnancy. I have morning sickness until 15-16 weeks.

Usually with Downs Syndrome there is more than one marker. It wouldn't be just the nasal bone, it would be that plus several other things. My husband's cousin has a Down's baby (and she is gorgeous BTW) and she had a heart defect and a couple other things that were very obvious on the ultrasound.

Please don't worry if your blood test comes back positive, my doctor told me that maternal age is the main factor in the result and women in their late 30's and early 40's ALWAYS have positive results because of it. Your age is given like 50% of the importance and the blood tests can be perfectly normal, but they will still give you a positive result due to age only.

zanacal
February 24th, 2012, 04:02 PM
{hugs} ZB. If my first pregnancies had been like this one I'm pretty sure I'd have only done it once or twice! I was very lucky to have amazing, symptom free pregnancies with them. I know I shouldn't wish this one away but really I am - if I could fast forward 10 weeks I so would!

I have a friend who had the blood test recently and she's in her late 30s/early 40s (she's rather secretive about that lol!) and was concerned about her result but when she spoke with her midwife she said she had the best result she could possibly hope for given her age and the significance that plays in the calculation - just as Atomic said.

Hobbermittens
February 24th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Pregnancy is crappy! I am right there with you!! I haven't been as sick this time as I was the last two times, but I am tired, everything smells bad, nothing sounds appetizing, and for some reason, only ONE boob has gotten bigger, and that side keeps popping out of my bra! :sigh:

tinksmagic
March 1st, 2012, 01:25 AM
I keep thinking of the prize(s) at the end!!! Eye on the prize, right??? If hubby tells me one more time how much *I* wanted this, I'm gonna kick him in the balls!!! Well, Hell yeah, I wanted this, it was all my idea and I'm hopeful that both of these lil boys will continue to grow and be healthy, but I'm constantly trying to remind myself that yes, I did want this, finally seems to be happening, but I'm so irritable (mostly because I'm scared to lose them!) and food (even the thought) turns my stomach. If I do eat, within minutes it all wants to come back up. I'm having a hard time explaining to my girls that I'm OK, and that I'll be OK every time I dry heave. (think the older one knows, the little one just thinks I'm sick all the time)

Good thing is, it's all only temporary in the big picture of life!