PDA

View Full Version : 9yo Punished to Death for lying about eating Candy Bars!

purplepoet20
February 24th, 2012, 01:55 PM
2 charged in death of Ala girl forced to run - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/2-charged-death-ala-girl-forced-run-082216169.html)

This is the worst punishment ever. I really can't say how I really feel about this because it pisses me off. My kids eat my candy all the time, even what I am eating at the time, but I could never punish them for it.... Kids and candy go together!

Cinss
February 24th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I don't think they knew the girl would die from that punishment, but it is so sad, that little girl was beautiful, everyone hug your kids.

HopeandDreamG
February 24th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Unreal. No wonder she lied about eating the candy bar, she knew what she'd face. This kills me and anytime I read something like this I don't understand how these people have a daughter and I don't.

Myloves
February 25th, 2012, 01:36 AM
:(

wilma_five
February 25th, 2012, 05:17 AM
I don't think they knew the girl would die from that punishment, but it is so sad, that little girl was beautiful, everyone hug your kids.

Can't agree more!

auroara78
February 27th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Wow, I can't believe that....the girl must have been really, really scared to keep running like that :( poor thing. I am so sorry for what she had to bear in her short life.

Flava
February 27th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I don't know how a little girl like her can run for 3 hours really. or if she really died from running they said she was extremely dehydrated and had a very low sodium level . So maybe she died because they didn't give her drink and food after.
It's so sad why can't she eat some candy anyway? Poor girl.

purplepoet20
February 27th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Some of the other reports said the family had a large extended family living on the same property. There was toys and a swing set outside but the neighbors never saw kids playing..... Makes me wonder if she had been abused for awhile.

I know what it is like to fear something to the point that you would ignore what your body is telling out of fear of the punishment. I just turned 4yo!

I may spoil my kids because of what happened to me. My DS1 doesn't lie to me. He goes into the junk food cabinet and grabs something. He cames by me and says I am going to eat this candy ok. He knows he can grab something once he finishes eating his meal. He is never afraid to ask for something or get something for himself. DS1 is even honest when he gets upset with DS2 and hits him, he tells me and then goes sit in time out.

Twins6boysinall
April 8th, 2012, 09:31 PM
I up sets me to no end when I read stories like that. No child deserves that. But they will get off with a slap on the wrist. I would give anything to have a daughter and they don't care about the one they have. Life is so unfair.

TTC5
April 8th, 2012, 11:29 PM
So so so sad and shame on the parents!