PDA

View Full Version : Gums are bleeding ridiculously - sway / supplement related?

Lassie1982
February 25th, 2012, 02:15 AM
My gums have always bled a little.

But as of 2 weeks ago i have noticed that they bleed a ridiculous amount of blood (when brush my teeth) I used a toothpick today, and my gum started bleeding and kept on bleeding for a while.

For about 6 weeks now i have been taking the following supplements
- Cranberry
- Magnesium
- Calcium
- Vitex
- Folate
- Drinking TONS of peppermint tea.
For the last 3 days i have also been taking Zrytec

Have not noticed anything else aside from this, so im not bruising anywhere at all.

Could the gums be a side effect of something im taking? Should i be concerned?

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2012, 07:30 AM
It's the cranberry - I recall you were taking quite a lot of it at first, correct? it can build up in your system.

I would half the amount you're taking rihgt now and see if that helps within the next week and if it continues or you notice any excessive bleeding/bruising, you need to continue to wean yourself off of it for awhile and give yourself a break. Don't just quit it cold turkey because then you can develop the opposite problem and start clotting too much.

Also, I think I have Saw Palmetto listed in your sway supps...hold off on starting that for now until we get this resolved because it's a bit of a blood thinner too - nowhere near so much as cran is but still I don't want you starting it till this is under control.