PDA

View Full Version : um this girl diet is bonkers

lindi
January 19th, 2011, 04:37 PM
girls there is seriously nothing I can eat! I am vegetarian, so I can't even do the chicken and boiled fish. I am trying a little seitan for that, but otherwise isn't this a nightmare? I am starving and then I wake up an can't eat breakfast! Its almost a comedy. And then I'm cooking normal meals for my toddler- full of all kinds of veggies, proteins, whole grains... I have these steaming plates I carry over to him and I'm salivating! This morning I made him almond butter buckwheat banana pancakes and I sat down with him, sipping my peppermint tea and he keeps trying to feed me some pancakes and I kept telling him "oh, I'm not hungry..." this is CRAZY!! Hope you are all doing OK...:)

xnicolax
January 20th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Aww, bless you, that sounds awful but I had to laugh a little at th salivating part and your DS trying to feed you. I hope you find something suitable that you can eat soon. Or better still, get a BFP so you can eat what you want.

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I KNOW. Please understand though, unlike the traditional diet, these are just SUGGESTIONS about what the bulk of your diet should be. I really do think that the low protein and weight loss are the most important things. If you find it easier to stick to the overall goals of the diet (low protein, low nutrient, low calorie) diet by adding some other foods, please do.

And by all means if your child tries to feed you a bite of pancake, EAT a bite of pancake! One bite of pancake isn't going to ruin your sway as long as you adhere to the overall goals of the diet.

Praying for a big juicy BFP soon so you can eat whatever you like!

lindi
January 20th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks ladies! I am really trying to do this skip breakfast thing- and I won't be actually trying to conceive until march or april since I want some time for the diet and supplements to have some impact on my chemistry. That makes it all the worse knowing this is gonna last a while...

atomic sagebrush
January 21st, 2011, 12:07 PM
Weirdly, you get used to the no breakfast thing pretty quick. The no salt thing - THAT was a little tougher!!!