PDA

View Full Version : my pink sway - it's a boy

bodhi
February 26th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I'm now 30 weeks pregnant with a little boy after swaying for a girl. Sorry it's taken me so long to come back and talk about the sway, I've really struggled with GD since finding out and it's very painful to come back to this board and see how many people got their girls. However, I remember looking at this part of the forum before my sway and feeling like it was almost a sure thing, so I just want to offer others a more balanced view. I hope there's something to be learned from my experience.

I followed the LE diet for 2 months before my attempt. I've been a vegetarian for years, and beyond that I delayed breakfast as much as possible and ate a snack instead of lunch if I was starving. This was a huge change for me, because I usually make a point of eating lots of nutrients and would never skip meals. I drank a disgusting amount of crystal light. I lost about 10 pounds, which was fairly significant because I was thin to begin with. I found the diet tough because I was (and still am) breastfeeding, and at the time of my sway, my son was breastfeeding 5-6 times a day.

Because I was BFing, I didn't take many supplements. I took Vitex for 2 months and Benadryl around our attempt. I did what I could in terms of ions (used a rock salt lamp, took showers, used a negative ion bracelet) but didn't worry about it too much. DH took calcium and magnesium supplements and released twice a day from 10 dpo, and we BD'd O-1, o-3 and O-4. I didn't plan it this way, but I O'd late that month (day 23) and it got a bit confusing (ferning test told me something very different than OPKs, and it was only when I looked back on my chart after O that I was able to see what actually happened). I used rephresh every few days.

We got pregnant our first month trying, which came as a total shock since our other pregnancies have been trickier.

Looking back, I probably could have done more, but I'm trying not to let myself go there right now. I'm trying to tell myself that the universe must have a better plan for my family than I could have come up with on my own.

Good luck, I wish you girls all the best :luck:

Cinss
February 26th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Sounds like you did your best. Thank you for the update.

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I'm sorry that your sway didn't work out and also sorry that you felt in any way that swaying was a sure thing. :(

HopingForPigtails
February 26th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Well. Shoot. Right? I'm so sorry you've been experiencing GD. You sound a lot like me and your sway sounds a lot like what I'd do. I'm also veg and slim already, although, if I sway, was thinking i'd be willing to lose 10 lbs. But...doesn't always turn out!

Of course you know that once you hold your little guy in your hands, you will be instantly in love, but I'm sorry for how you feel now. Wishing you a healthy and happy 10 weeks!!

TTC5
February 26th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Sounds like you did your best shot and this baby was meant to be a he. I'm sorry you did not get a girl but want to wish you the best with your new little one xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sassy
February 27th, 2012, 04:50 AM
So sorry to hear of your GD - completely understandable. Its a shame swaying isn't an exact science and that we can't all get out DG. Congrats on your pregnancy - I'm sure your little man will bring you endless joy.

nuthinbutpink
February 27th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Thank you for posting. I know it is difficult when it is an opposite.

Lavenderlime
February 27th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Thanks for posting your sway it sounded great as swaying goes. Lots of sways have failed recently and I really don't believe in it much anymore. Really think it's luck of the draw. Congratulations on your little boy.

nicoler
February 27th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Thank you so much for posting this! As someone who is in the early stages of planning a girl sway, I truly appreciate you sharing. Even though we all know swaying isn't 100%, it's hard to not get wrapped up in all the success stories.

zanacal
February 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I'm sorry bodhi. Thanks for coming back and sharing. Unfortunately there's a big element of luck involved even when we do everything we can to sway one way or the other and I think you should feel happy that you did all you could.

indigoviolet
February 27th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks for sharing. I know what you mean about feeling it is almost a sure thing to get the gender you want when swaying, you just feel like it will work and the bit of luck you need will be on your side.
Sorry you didn't get your girl.

pebmcpd7
February 27th, 2012, 04:50 PM
At least you know you did all you could to try and have your girl, so don't beat yourself up about it.
Enjoy your wee boy I am sure he will be gorgeous!!!!

Indira
February 27th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Sorry you didnīt get the girl you swayed for. I hope your little boy will bring you lots of happiness :HH:

bodhi
February 27th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks girls, for the most part I'm feeling better and it's becoming more about wanting a girl someday rather than wishing this particular baby were a girl. I felt pretty low yesterday recounting the details of my sway because I felt kind of cheated (if that makes sense), but I'm feeling pretty good in general. When I look back on it, there's lots of things I could have done differently, but not much that I would actually be willing to go back and change. I could have stopped breastfeeding, but I wouldn't be willing to give up those cuddles with my son (even now) before he's ready just so I could take supplements. I could have lost more weight, but that probably wouldn't have been the healthiest choice for me.

I'm sorry that your sway didn't work out and also sorry that you felt in any way that swaying was a sure thing. :(

Of course, I knew this, I just mean that it's easy to get kind of wrapped up in the swaying process and feel like the odds are really in your favor. I always knew that it was mostly out of my hands, but I think that putting so much emphasis on having a girl made it even harder to hear boy. But then again, if I hadn't tried anything, I might wonder 'what it?'.

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I totally understand and wishing you the best for a happy and healthy pg and birth.

wish4me
March 2nd, 2012, 05:47 AM
hi bodhi, im new to the site and just read your thread and felt I had to reply as I just have been through the exact same thing. My dh and I did the IG girl diet so strictly, followed all 7 sways. got my ph down and drank so much cranberry and crystal light is wasn't funny. but the heavens had their own plan for us and here we are having our third boy. I too got so wrapped up in the diet that it consumed me. I was so driven and stayed positive that I got so blinded by it all I was convinced we were going to have our baby girl we have dreamed of for so long. when they told us we were having a boy I think I was in disbelief and shock that I actually thought I was going to faint. I am carrying very different to my other two sons and have just felt different in general that I thought it was a girl for sure. I know how you are feeling, we had a name picked for her because our feelings were so strong that it was a girl we had just started planning for her without thinking. I too feel the same as you, I know if I didn't try it I would be saying the 'what if's' down the track too. Its taken me a while to feel good about this precious little boy coming but each day it gets better, I know for me the wish for little girl will always be with me, so my dh and I have decided to go for a 4th next year ( very scary!) but I do feel so very blessed to have these amazing little boys in my life. I have been giving them so many extra cuddles and kisses lately which gets me through my day. If you have any questions to my sway id be happy to answer them, but I just wanted you to know you are not alone and I know how hard it is to be so disappointed after such a long and hard journey with swaying. look forward to chatting with you :)