PDA

View Full Version : I didn't get my boy :(

mannem
February 27th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Yesterday we found out we are having DD3. I had to have a CVS due to high Downs risk and found out the gender really early (13 weeks). I was so sure I was having a boy but I guess it's not to be. The thing is my plan in life was always around having boy children. If I had found out it was boy #3 I would have been ecstatic. I love my two girls to bits but I am not a girly girl, I hate pink, doing hair, make-up, dresses (last dress I wore was for my wedding), dancing etc. I would prefer to sit down with DH and watch sport.

I feel so bad for feeling this way but somehow I feel like i'm being punished for some things in my past... stupid I know. Every time I think about it I cry.

DH was he was disappointed when he first heard but he seems to have gotten over it and is already excited by names, but me, maybe because I lived and breathed trying to sway for so many months am having a much harder time.

I wish I didn't feel like this :sad:

fivebabies
February 27th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I'm really sorry you didn't hear boy. :( It can be so dissapointing and frustrating. And as soon as you see that sweet baby girl you'll be in love. 3 of a kind is pretty special! I hope you feel better soon.

5littlegirls
February 27th, 2012, 11:12 PM
I am soo sorry that you are going thru this. You are not alone. I went thru it on my last 3 pregnancies. It will get better. It may sound silly, but what helped me get thru it was going shopping for my future child. I went to the store and bought a special outfit, or special toy for that child. That along with going over baby names. It distracted me and as time passed the sorrow faded.

I wish you the best of wishes in your time of need.

Daisy Mae
February 27th, 2012, 11:38 PM
I am so sorry. I know it is so hard. I just wanted to let you know that my sweet and precious mom is girl#3. It has turned out she has been the main daughter to take care of my grandmother in her old age. My grandmother would be lost w/o her. I am sure your dd#3 will be such a blessing to your family, too. I know it may be hard to see that now, but she will be very special to you! Big hugs.

My Fabulous Children
February 28th, 2012, 02:23 AM
I'm so very sorry ((Hugs))

wilma_five
February 28th, 2012, 05:49 AM
I'm so sorry for you. We all know the feeling and you are truly nog alone!
Must say i'm also a bit jealous, i would love 2 or 3 girls. It's so unfair isn't it.
Why not a girl for me and a boy for you?
Are you going for number 4 in the future?

nuthinbutpink
February 28th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I could have written your post 4 years ago. Having time pass makes all the difference in the world. Third's are special. Our DD filled in a piece of our puzzle that we never knew we were missing and we'd all be different people without her here.

I'm sorry you didn't hear boy but what a relief all is well.

charlieispy
February 28th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Hi i could have written your post but from the other side - i always wanted girls never boys and i have just found out i am having boy number 4 and like you are devastated. I just wanted to send you some love because i know how much it hurts x i also know we will both be ok I promise - my ds3 is the apple of my eye and i know my ds4 will be the same....it is just so hard when from before even having children you dreamt of a gender x if only we could choose!!

Myloves
February 28th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I'm so sorry dear :awe:. I once felt the same way as you did (never wanted any sons, thought I'd only get daughters), and now my sons have taught me that kids are more than just a gender; they have their own little personalities too. Perhaps your 3rd dd will end up being a tomboy.

Flava
February 28th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Im so sorry you are sad. I was there I have 4 girls! (really I don't know what Im doing here swaying again) I think hope die last? My DD3 was a preemie baby and I feel so guilty...You will love her! It's just hard right now until you see her sweet face!
big hugs

chocolate
February 28th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Im sorry you didnt hear boy, I have 2 boys and most likely a 3rd on the way so know how it feels.

Your girls may want to watch sports with you too, and they can still climb tree's and go on adventures, play with lego etc. so try to think of those things to do with your daughters.

My DS says no to me dressing him up in cinderella dresses the spoil sport lol. At least with girls you can do 'boy' things where as with boys you cant really get away with doing girly things together.

Im sure once she is here you will fall in love, I know right now it isnt easy though xx

wilma_five
February 28th, 2012, 09:58 AM
At least with girls you can do 'boy' things where as with boys you cant really get away with doing girly things together.

You are so true on this one!!!

zanacal
February 28th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry x

LolaInLove
February 28th, 2012, 12:37 PM
You are so true on this one!!!

I was gonna say the same thing. I am sorry you didn't hear boy. ):

My 2 girls are girly but also well-rounded. They like ballet and they like riding bikes and playing soccer. Maybe try to think about yours that way....your children are sort of what you make them, to some degree. Maybe your DD3 will be the next Mia Hamm or Danica Patrick....you never know. I know it's hard though, and big hugs.

fresas
February 28th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I'm sorry. :( I'm glad she is healthy, but I understand your disappointment. Hang in there.

TTC5
February 28th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I'm so sorry :(

nks798
February 28th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I'm so sorry. I know once baby is in your arms it will be all washed away.

mannem
February 28th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Thanks so much everyone.

I feel better today after having a chat with DH last night. He said these were the cards we have been dealt so I have to build a bridge and find a way to get over it.. LOL.. He also said it was the least important of the two bits of information we got so we should just be happy that the baby is healthy. I have decided (for now) that there will be no dance classes, I couldn't think of anything worse than spending the next 15 years watching dancing... LOL

There won't be anymore children, I am getting my tubes tied after this one. Our plan was always just to have 2 kids, but we thought we would give having a boy a shot. We both went into it promising each other we would be happy if it was another girl but I guess you never know how you will react until you get there. We have decided not to tell anyone until she is born to avoid all the comments. We figure it will be harder for people to comment when she's here..

Once again thank you so very much.

pebmcpd7
February 28th, 2012, 06:44 PM
At least you know you did all you could to try and have a boy.
I am a bit afraid now doing my sway. I never was disappointed when I was told I was having another DS with each of my boys, but now that I am swaying I will be very disappointed if I am told boy, that sounds so bad. I would love above all to have a healthy baby. Lots of Hugs to you XXX