PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Garner welcomes third child...

my4leafclover
February 29th, 2012, 07:24 AM
It's a Boy for Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck! - Yahoo! omg! (http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jennifer-garner-gives-birth-baby-boy-010200961.html)

"Jennifer and husband Ben Affleck's new addition was born in Santa Monica, California, joining big sisters Violet, 6, and Serafina, 3, according to Us Weekly and PEOPLE."

I always wonder about PGD now with celebs when they get an opposite gender? especially if they are older. Anyone else have their mind go straight there!!

mydream
February 29th, 2012, 07:41 AM
YEP!!!!! MY MIND TOTALLY WENT THERE!

lisvna
February 29th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Mine too!

atomic sagebrush
February 29th, 2012, 08:37 AM
I do think they did PGD because Ben saw that Matt had three girls and wanted to hedge his bets.

I'm really happy for them of course but I just wish that one celeb would come forward and admit to doing PGD so we could open up a dialogue and the whole thing could come out of the shadows a bit.

purplepoet20
February 29th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Most of the people here don't tell their friends or family members about doing PGD... Why would a celeb tell the world!

I am happy for them because they love their daughters and now they have a boy to love as well!

auroara78
February 29th, 2012, 09:19 AM
So happy they have a boy, and my thoughts EXACTLY went to PGD as well! I had a feeling that if they kept trying naturally they'd prob keep having girls. I bet he really wanted a son, or she could have also really wanted something different. Their daughters are so adorable, I bet the boy is gorgeous!

michaela
February 29th, 2012, 09:30 AM
This is one of the only celeb couples that I don't think gives a flying fig about gender. LOL! From the stories I have read I get the impression they would have been happy with either gender.

lisvna
February 29th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Or maybe they pretend if the don't give about it so nobody would think about they doing PGD? ;)

purplepoet20
February 29th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I can picture Ben sitting at a little girls tea party wearing a big sun hat, laced gloves, and a pink feathered boa!

michaela
February 29th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I can picture Ben sitting at a little girls tea party wearing a big sun hat, laced gloves, and a pink feathered boa!

Me too! I really don't think they did PGD but I could be wrong of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicoler
February 29th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I always think ivf/pgd when celebs get twins/an opposite. I'm sure no one was surprised that Posh had a girl after 3 boys or that Brad and Angelina had girl/boy twins. If I had all the money, mansions, and ability to afford help that celebs do, I think I'd just keep going naturally until I had 1 or more of my DG! :wink:

Cinss
March 1st, 2012, 03:02 AM
I do think it is affordability that plays a big part in it, if you have the money, why the hell wouldn't you? And i think if a celeb couple were honest about it, the back lash from the press and public would be totally cruel.

Myloves
March 1st, 2012, 05:54 AM
If they did do PGD, I can definitely understand why they wouldn't admit it. The public is way too cruel, and even though GD is alot more common than most think, it's still considered taboo to discuss by many people. But anyway, congrats on their boy!

michaela
March 1st, 2012, 09:31 AM
Having gone through IVF even if I could afford to keep doing it several times over there is no way I would choose this path as a method of conception. A lot of people don't like the amount of hormones that are put into their bodies. It is extremely invasive. The emotional part of it is nothing like I have ever experienced in my life. It just isn't something that one thinks about doing just because they have the money to do it. That is why I hardly ever assume celebs do PGD as going the HT route for their DG is extreme and not something that is just about whether they can afford it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HopeandDreamG
March 1st, 2012, 09:37 AM
I totally have thought this about celebs. I certainly think they use PGD. I not only think this I also think about couples who have babies or are going to and predicting based on their habits, months of conception etc. what the gender will be!! I can't help myself!

OnlyPraying
March 1st, 2012, 11:21 AM
I agree with Michaela...now that we're going down the infertility route...and finding out the number of tests and procedures you need to get done just to start (plus many many more for cycle monitoring and bla bla) is just shocking...everytime i go to the fertility clinic i keep saying to myself...i cant believe im here.....I would NEVER do this if I had a choice.....

Sunset
March 1st, 2012, 11:47 AM
I am so happy for them :D and yes I do think alot of celebs use PGD, but I do not think this is the case with Jen and Ben..

my4leafclover
March 1st, 2012, 02:59 PM
They may not have, but my mind always goes there first in these situations. I wish more would be open about it too, but I see why they wouldn't. People are so harsh with their opinions. I don't think the needles and hormones would matter to some celebs. That world is a world all its own.That is where the new cosmetic procedures start first, the wild diets and fads. Can you say va-jay jay reconstruction and routine family colon cleansings.

my4leafclover
March 1st, 2012, 03:03 PM
.....posted before I was done, gave myself a TMI moment!! I meant to add, I am happy for them too AND Uma Therman. Whenever I see a "mature" momma even if it is a celeb, it gives me hope. It is also nice that having children in your late 30's and 40's is a little more accepted than it used to be....baby steps.

Hobbermittens
March 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
I do think they did PGD because Ben saw that Matt had three girls and wanted to hedge his bets.

I'm really happy for them of course but I just wish that one celeb would come forward and admit to doing PGD so we could open up a dialogue and the whole thing could come out of the shadows a bit.

This 100%!!

Lilian78
March 1st, 2012, 08:08 PM
I definitely vote HT ... Especially because I read an interview about how they didn't care :P.

ShapeOfMyHeart
March 2nd, 2012, 12:54 AM
They went HT all the way....no doubt! I also heard all the talk about not caring and actually wanting all girls. Dead give away.:)

lisvna
March 7th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I also tells everyone that I not care about the gender with a second child but.......