PDA

View Full Version : UK SMOG Wannabes - March

Pages : [1] 2 3

littlemisswilko
March 1st, 2012, 09:30 AM
Uk SMOG Wannabes ~ March

Hi ladies! Wishing everyone a great March full of bfps and happy healthy bumps!

BFP's so far this month:

TTC

Id_Love_Pink 2010 TTC HT poss 2012

Homebirthing princess Me 24, DH 26, 2009,2010 ttc august

HopeandDreamG Me 36, Dh 37, 2006, 2007 TTC now

Lavenderlime Me 24, DP 24 2007, 2009 TTC now

Wishing4pink, 2003, 2009 ttc April 2012

Butterfly

Bettyboo

Sarah

Sixhappysons

Happylea

BFPs!!!!!!

Inglewood.2007 BFP 23/8 EDD 1/5/12 OMG Identical twin :DD:!!!

Babymad BFP 23/9 EDD 30/5/12 Due a :DS:!

Pinga BFP 10/10 EDD 20/6/12 Due a :DS:!

Maybepink3 EDD 22/06/12 Due a :DS: !

Charlieispy BFP 22/10 EDD 4/07/2012 Due a :DS:!

Zanacal EDD 24/5/12 Due a :DD:!

Kell BFP 17/11 EDD 26/07/12 Due a :DD:!

Indigoviolet BFP 01/12 EDD 08/08/12 Due a :DS:!

Chocolate BFP 22/12/12 EDD 01/09/12 Due a :DS:

Littemisswilko BFP 13/12 EDD 17/08/2012

Deaks BFP 6/2/12 EDD 17/10/12

Nini BFP 7/2/12 EDD 17/10/12

SMOG babies due 2012

March:
Maybebaby

April:
3rd ~ Inglewood

May:
24th ~ Zanacal
30th ~ Babymad

June:
20th ~ Pinga
22nd ~ Maybepink3

July:
4th ~ Charlieispy
26th ~ Kell

August:
8th ~ Indigoviolet
17th ~ Littlemisswilko

September:
1st ~ Chocolate

October:
17th ~ Deaks and Nini

November:
December:

:cheerteam: Cheerleaders :cheerteam:

2monkeyboys - Me 32 dp 35 boys 2007 and 2009 ttc- maybe next year fx!

Threelittlemenandcounting me 30 ds 36 boys 3 girls 1 done for now tt but never say never

Petal - Congratulations on your beautiful baby :DS:!!!

Sunset - Congratulation on your gorgeous baby :DD:!!!

Mabeybebaby - Congratulations on your beautiful baby :DS:!!!!

littlemisswilko
March 1st, 2012, 09:38 AM
Just made the march thread! please could one of the mods make it a sticky!

if there needs to be any alterations or updates to the roll please let me know! tired to ammend it the best i can xx

Lavenderlime
March 1st, 2012, 10:07 AM
Just marking my place. Thanks Littlemisswilko.

Wrote a long reply then lost it, sigh anyway have a lovely Friday everyone really sunny here:)

Lavenderlime
March 1st, 2012, 10:09 AM
Wow the boy girl ratio is 6:3 so 2/3rds boys 1/3rd girls......

GeCon
March 1st, 2012, 10:45 AM
Inglewood, how long did it take from starting to take the Acidophilus to seeing a difference in pH?

Kell
March 1st, 2012, 10:51 AM
Lmao at microwave!! I'm useless at anything art and craft related, I can just about draw a stick man. Ds1 went as Indiana jones, that was a last min dash to fancy dress shop yesterday.

Ds2 is driving me crazy at the moment, he has a red ride on cars 2 bike, he loves it and it pretty much goes everywhere with us, today he decided to take off up the middle of a road when we were picking ds1 up from school, I shouted to kinda shock him to stop just incase a car came but he just carried on, running after him was fun, I literally had to grab his jacket to stop him, in the process I've ripped my nail, bent it right back and blood was poring! It's so painful :(
He is really going through a I'm not going to listen to mum phase, I've take. The bike away now and the only thing I can think to restrain him is to get reins of some sort, I can't be dealing with him running off every day it's too stressful!

I came home burst into tears on dp, proper sobbing child crying! He didn't know what to do lol!

maybebabythree
March 1st, 2012, 11:05 AM
Sitting in the garden ATM making the most of the sun!

Kell my ds1 run away when he was about 14 months. He was in the garden and we was just about to go out. I forgot something so popped in the house for ten seconds in which time he escaped and I found him running down a road 200m from the house. If he had the gone the other way he would have been on a road. I almost died of stress and guilt. Main thing is they didn't get hurt

Sunset
March 1st, 2012, 11:36 AM
i'm here too ladies! :)

littlemisswilko ~ I replied to you on the february thread :)

Charlieispy ~ I am so sorry you're feeling so low at the moment.. wish there was something i could say or do to make you feel better.. i miss your posts on here! just know hun that we're all here for you whenever you feel ready to come back to us! ((hugs))

Petal ~ so glad to hear your ds is better! :) :agree:

Sunset
March 1st, 2012, 11:38 AM
Ds2 is driving me crazy at the moment, he has a red ride on cars 2 bike, he loves it and it pretty much goes everywhere with us, today he decided to take off up the middle of a road when we were picking ds1 up from school, I shouted to kinda shock him to stop just incase a car came but he just carried on, running after him was fun, I literally had to grab his jacket to stop him, in the process I've ripped my nail, bent it right back and blood was poring! It's so painful :(
He is really going through a I'm not going to listen to mum phase, I've take. The bike away now and the only thing I can think to restrain him is to get reins of some sort, I can't be dealing with him running off every day it's too stressful!

I came home burst into tears on dp, proper sobbing child crying! He didn't know what to do lol!

eugh i remember that phase.. my ds2 has only just got out of it thank heavens. don't be too hard on yourself all that matters is that your ds is ok and that nothing happened!

indigoviolet
March 1st, 2012, 01:14 PM
Thanks for starting the thread

Hope you are all having good days in the sun

catch up later :HH:

chocolate
March 1st, 2012, 01:53 PM
Hiya, my due date is the 1st of September and bfp was 22nd December.

Kell, I still threaten my 3.5 year old with reins now, will probably still do it when he is 16 lol.

Lavenderlime
March 1st, 2012, 03:07 PM
Kell my ds has major terrible two's issues! He is a nightmare no fear, naughty, headstrong = PITA!

Deaks great news about the offer hope they increase it asap and you can make your offer!

Gecon we're both 5dpo 2ww is dragging...... well it is for me how are you coping?

Kell do you have a name for your little girl yet? I get what you mean about you wanting her to wear what you want to her to wear I'd be the same. Not really into bright pink for girls but you tend to get a ton of that when your expecting a DD.

Ds's brother brought back drums for my boys from India, what is it with people who don't have kids and noisy toys!!?

Pinga, maybe, maybepink, babymad and Indigo have you decided on names yet?

Kell
March 1st, 2012, 03:33 PM
Lol lavender my dp's sister does that with toys every Christmas and birthday, if and when she has her own I WILL repay the favour, only two fold as I know which ones are particularly annoying!! Hehe

Your all right atleast nothing happened to ds, I feel like I have no control when he does things like this and being hormonal doesn't help at all! I've ordered a safety strap to put on his and my wrist, I'm just going to have to be very strict so he learns no to run away!

We have decided to call her Lily, but I can't think of a middle name at the moment, don't want family names because her name would end up really long to keep all nannys happy! The obvious names would be Lily mai/may/Mae lol or Lily Ann but I'm not necessarily wanting obvious.

We have our 20 week scan tomorrow at 9:40, dp's mum is coming which she's very excited about, she's never seen a one as they weren't done when she was having kids!

Inglewood
March 1st, 2012, 03:35 PM
Inglewood, how long did it take from starting to take the Acidophilus to seeing a difference in pH?

probably around 3wks of taking 4 tabs per day?? I had been on the diet and taking the tabs for 6wks before 1st attempt. I remember by my 2nd mth ttc I had been taking only 2 acidophilus and 1 cranberry tab for about 3-4wks. Seems so long ago :) june/july/aug

maybebabythree
March 1st, 2012, 03:37 PM
Lavender - going for Ewan or Ashton depending on what suits him :-)

Inglewood
March 1st, 2012, 03:37 PM
Kell, that's a lovely name :) nice dp's mum is going too! My mum LOVES coming to my scans, even tho I go every 2wks, it's like the first scan each time for her!! Enjoy! Does she know it's a girl?

Maybe, lovely names too!! :)

I'm still going for Ruby and Amber (for now)....feel like that's right for them. x

Kell
March 1st, 2012, 03:58 PM
Maybe lovely names for your lil man! Can't believe how soon he will be here! :)

Thanks inglewood! Yep she knows we are expecting a girl, to be honest I think everyone does, I couldn't keep my mouth shut lol!

GeCon
March 1st, 2012, 04:00 PM
Gecon we're both 5dpo 2ww is dragging...... well it is for me how are you coping?

I wish I was, Lavender. I am still waiting to ovulate or AF after coming off BCP at the beginning of November. But yes, that's dragging too....

How are you feeling? Are you symptom spotting yet?

Kell
March 1st, 2012, 04:45 PM
Oh Charlie I'm so sorry Hun, look of its difficult to deal with things here your very welcome to email or text or even call me. I'm more than happy to give details if you want. We are all here for you in what ever context you want or need us. Just wish we could help in real life.
Babymad same goes for you! It must be difficult hearing all these girls arriving etc, you really shouldn't punish yourself like you do, I suppose it's easier said than done tho.

Lavenderlime
March 1st, 2012, 05:36 PM
I wish I was, Lavender. I am still waiting to ovulate or AF after coming off BCP at the beginning of November. But yes, that's dragging too....

How are you feeling? Are you symptom spotting yet?

Sorry that should have been H&G! scatterbrain. I hope something happens soon Gecon How about the trigger injection Gecon mentioned? There is also an injection to bring on AF have you talked any options over with your dr?

Lavenderlime
March 1st, 2012, 05:38 PM
I have the worst craving for peanut butter from nowhere! I know your not ment to eat nuts when pregnant but i'm buying a jar as soon as I get my bfp!!

There is also a bag of nuts, raisins and chocolate drops taunting me in the kitchen cupboard....... think i better go to bed!!

Inglewood
March 1st, 2012, 05:48 PM
I have the worst craving for peanut butter from nowhere! I know your not ment to eat nuts when pregnant but i'm buying a jar as soon as I get my bfp!!

There is also a bag of nuts, raisins and chocolate drops taunting me in the kitchen cupboard....... think i better go to bed!!

I asked the midwife about all types of nuts in pg as I went thru a pistachio nut craving phase and she said nuts are fine now in pg, so enjoy!!! Tells u in ur pg booklet that they used to advise against them but not now.... a personal decsion still, but can say I have enjoyed an odd snicker bar!!! x

GeCon
March 1st, 2012, 07:21 PM
Sorry that should have been H&G! scatterbrain. I hope something happens soon Gecon How about the trigger injection Gecon mentioned? There is also an injection to bring on AF have you talked any options over with your dr?

No, I haven't. Are any of these safe when breastfeeding as I am still BFing our son.

pinga
March 2nd, 2012, 02:35 AM
yOh Charlie - you poor thing <hugs>. Been thinking of you...Just keep looking after yourself... don't feel guilty as that will make it all worse. My mum had big PND after I was born and apparently didn't want to hold me or anything - I used to want to go to my Dad. But my point is. It didn't affect my relationship with my Mum whatsoever. What I'm trying to say is - don't worry about baby right now. Baby is fine... baby won't mind if you feel dreadful and regretful. Just concentrate on you and working through your grief... xx

babymad - <hugs> to you too. It does feel as though everyone else in the world seems to be able to have girls. ALL my friends have girls. I tend to expect everyone but me to be pregnant with a girl. I always say my boys are going to have the pick of the lot when it comes to women!

Great names guys. I love Lily. Ewan and Ashton are great names maybe - I have a particular soft spot for Ewan after teaching an adorable one :D
We don't have names 100% sorted. I really thought I had the name when we found out but DH isn't sure. I have maybe 3 names possibly... need to think about them more. I have to admit that one of my favourites is actually the name of DHs family dog. I know I know... that is a bit weird. But hey the dog won't be around forever. My nephew is called Max and my childhood cat was called Max - so if my brother can do it... why can't we used another pet name :D

Inglewood - you must be feeling huge??? Can't imagine 2 4lb babies wiggling around in there!

I had a "lovely" day. The kind where you just want to strangle 25 children all at once! Was doing supply teaching at a school and serious they were the worst class I've ever had. I actually yelled... I've never yelled before. But they did NOT listen. Its the first time I have never warmed to a single child in a class. Evil monsters!!! I was sooooo looking forward to getting my lovely boys from childcare!!!!

Hope everyone is going well.... x

Kell
March 2nd, 2012, 03:28 AM
Urgh I just tried to brush my teeth with hand gel! Weirdo lol

Lavenderlime
March 2nd, 2012, 03:32 AM
No, I haven't. Are any of these safe when breastfeeding as I am still BFing our son.

I'm really not sure but think it's something worth discussing with your Dr. though if it gives you options!

Sunset
March 2nd, 2012, 04:05 AM
Urgh I just tried to brush my teeth with hand gel! Weirdo lol

:rofl: pregnancy brain ;)

Sunset
March 2nd, 2012, 04:11 AM
Lovely names ladies! :) :agree:

Pinga ~ good luck choosing a name.. it's so hard finding that perfect, special name! you've still got a few weeks to decide though :)

Lavenderlime ~ when are you testing?

Maybebaby ~ I vote for Ashton! such a lovely name :) only 3 more days eeek! I can't begin to tell you how excited I am for you :D can you believe it, you're soon gonna meet Dave :p

AFM, Serena is 2 months old today :D i can't believe how fast it's gone by!

Sunset
March 2nd, 2012, 04:54 AM
btw ladies! i know this is a touchy subject so i hope i don't upset anyone as it's not my intention, but i just have to bring it up as it's been on my mind alot lately and i'd like your opinions on the subject!

background story:
one of my best friends is pregnant and her OH doesn't want the baby and they're in a bad financial situation atm so they've decided to have a termination which will be done next week.

Fair enough. Now although I could never ever go through a termination myself I don't judge people who choose to go down that route so I am putting my own feelings aside and supporting my friend 110% at this difficult time in her life. but this has made me think... and i can't help but think it's very strange that it's legal and socially acceptable to end your pregnancy just because you don't want to have a baby when like in this particular case it could have easily been avoided, but for some reason it's not socially acceptable nor legal to have PGD because it's to "play god"? if anything, isn't ending a life to "play god"? and what on earth is this "designer baby" statement all about? isn't picking and choosing which children to keep and which children to have aborted to create a "designer lifestyle"?
It really gets on my nerves that this society detest the idea of gender selection when in fact it could prevent alot of abortions, heartache and PND.. i can't help but feel that if we need medical reasons to perform gender selection then we should also really need medical reasons to perform abortions. I just wonder where did the society go wrong? Why is the idea of gender selection so frightening to people that we hide behind silly excuses like "needing medical reasons" "playing god" "designer baby" bla bla bla the list can go on forever..

like i said, choosing to have an abortion is obviously a very personal choice and i don't judge people who's had it done, each to their own! that's not what i'm trying to get at here, i just don't understand why it's legal when pgd isn't?

what are your thoughts on this?

Petal
March 2nd, 2012, 06:14 AM
Charlie, thinking of you, be strong, big hugs x x

Love the babies names :-)))

I TOTALLY agree with you Sunset, just doesnt seem right to me either!!!!

Babymad, I looked into adoption briefly brfore trying this swaying stuff lol, i always loved the idea of adopting a little chinese girl :-) that is until i saw how much it would cost!!!! Could do 2 pgd cycles for less so i think if i had the choice i would do the ivf.

x

littlemisswilko
March 2nd, 2012, 07:53 AM
sunset - i completely agree with you about the legalization of PGD whilst abortion is also legal. I myself carnt really comment to much on abortion as i have had two myself and wouldn't want to sound too hypocritical. But id just like to point out that i was very young when i had them (under 16) i felt pushed into having them by my parents at the time and i was with my partner i have now. I was a very unruly child at the time. my parents hated my bf and wouldnt let me see him. i used to skive off school everyday just to see him. when i was grounded during school holidays i would sneak out of the house when they were asleep so i could meet him. Then at one point i ran away from home and she got the social services to come and bring me back. As you have probably guessed i was off the rails! After the second abortion it was really a big wake up call for me. i just regretted it since the moment it happened. my mam knew it had affected me but im a strong person and dont like to show my feelings so when she tried to get me counseling i wouldn't co-operate. Eventually after time things started to get better but i always wanted that baby i had got rid of. Thats why i think i had ds1 quite young i mean i was 17 when i fell pregnant and 18 when i had him but i felt it was the right time for me to have a baby. when i fell pg with ds1 i just coudnt bring myself to tell my parents as i didnt want them to pressurise me into trying to have another baby aborted so i kept it a serect stayed away from home and moved in with my dp's parents with them and barely spoke to my mam. Eventually word got to her that i was pregnant and she asked me if it was true and i told her i was and i wasnt getting rid of it. she told me i was ruining my life etc etc. after time she accepted it and was there for his birth and my parents put aside their differences with my dp and got on. Now i can honestly say i have never had an arguement or dissagreement with my mam or my dad for nearly 6 yrs. When i think about it now its all so very sad and i wish it never had happened but i always knew that i couldnt go through with it again.

i watched this morning yesturday and they had a news report saying that 2 medical experts were wanting to legalise after birth abortions. Meaning that the lady could have the option of going through the whole 9 months of pregnancy giving birth to the baby and then having the option to have the baby aborted. especially if the baby was born with disabilitys etc. i thought that was absolutely horrific! couldnt imagine anyone going through that and coming out the end of it without any mental issues further on. and like phil and holly said who on earth would carry out the job in aborting the newborn baby? just so sad!

littlemisswilko
March 2nd, 2012, 07:55 AM
Charlie - ive really got you on my mind at the mo! depression is terrible! i hope you can pull yourself through it all! big hugs to you. xxx

Kell
March 2nd, 2012, 08:50 AM
Lmw, holy cow I never saw that on the telly that's crazy! Sorry but it's not abortion it's just plain murder.

I believe people have the right to choice and if an abortion is part of that then its ok by me, but I don't think I could have one. I did think about it with ds1 as I was young also (19).
Having said that I havent been in a financial situation like your friend sunset so I don't think I can comment unless I'm in that situation iyswim?
I do think it's crazy people can look down on gender selection and not on abortion, I think it's pretty hypocritical! But hey who am I to judge others!

Sunset
March 2nd, 2012, 09:00 AM
sunset - i completely agree with you about the legalization of PGD whilst abortion is also legal. I myself carnt really comment to much on abortion as i have had two myself and wouldn't want to sound too hypocritical. But id just like to point out that i was very young when i had them (under 16) i felt pushed into having them by my parents at the time and i was with my partner i have now. I was a very unruly child at the time. my parents hated my bf and wouldnt let me see him. i used to skive off school everyday just to see him. when i was grounded during school holidays i would sneak out of the house when they were asleep so i could meet him. Then at one point i ran away from home and she got the social services to come and bring me back. As you have probably guessed i was off the rails! After the second abortion it was really a big wake up call for me. i just regretted it since the moment it happened. my mam knew it had affected me but im a strong person and dont like to show my feelings so when she tried to get me counseling i wouldn't co-operate. Eventually after time things started to get better but i always wanted that baby i had got rid of. Thats why i think i had ds1 quite young i mean i was 17 when i fell pregnant and 18 when i had him but i felt it was the right time for me to have a baby. when i fell pg with ds1 i just coudnt bring myself to tell my parents as i didnt want them to pressurise me into trying to have another baby aborted so i kept it a serect stayed away from home and moved in with my dp's parents with them and barely spoke to my mam. Eventually word got to her that i was pregnant and she asked me if it was true and i told her i was and i wasnt getting rid of it. she told me i was ruining my life etc etc. after time she accepted it and was there for his birth and my parents put aside their differences with my dp and got on. Now i can honestly say i have never had an arguement or dissagreement with my mam or my dad for nearly 6 yrs. When i think about it now its all so very sad and i wish it never had happened but i always knew that i couldnt go through with it again.

i watched this morning yesturday and they had a news report saying that 2 medical experts were wanting to legalise after birth abortions. Meaning that the lady could have the option of going through the whole 9 months of pregnancy giving birth to the baby and then having the option to have the baby aborted. especially if the baby was born with disabilitys etc. i thought that was absolutely horrific! couldnt imagine anyone going through that and coming out the end of it without any mental issues further on. and like phil and holly said who on earth would carry out the job in aborting the newborn baby? just so sad!

lmw bless your heart sounds like you had a really hard time as a teenager. dont think you need to justify your reasons for aborting, as i said i don't judge anyone and I think it's good that we do have that choice in england these days.. all i tried to say is i dont understand the logic that we have free will wether to keep a baby or not, but we can't perform PGD because it's thought of as "playing god" when in fact all we do is to put a sperm and an egg together and leave the rest up to god. as humans we are never in charge of creating life, just because we penetrate an egg with a xx sperm in a dish doesnt mean it's going to develope into a blastocyst.. that part is completely up to god, we just create a window of opportunity. this debate is just so ridiculous as we can then take it one step further and say IVF to treat infertility is wrong as well because if god intended infertile people to have children they would then fall pregnant naturally etc etc. when really we should see it as a great gift that we do have the technology to help infertile couples to conceive and for other couples to balance out their families with that daughter or son they so desperately long for.

about the aborting after birth debate.. that must be the most terrible thing i have ever heard!!! how can someone even suggest to make murder legal! that also brings on the question that at what point does a baby/child get human rights? can we perform after birth abortions up until 1 day old? 1 week old? 2 months? 5 years? 18 years? thank heavens in england today we have human rights and do so from 24 weeks of pregnancy!!
i guess these doctors or whoever was pro after birth abortions were men? they dont say you experience a gush of love for your baby at birth for nothing. it's called mother nature!

littlemisswilko
March 2nd, 2012, 09:25 AM
heres the article in the sun

Slaughter newborn kids, say academics | The Sun |News|Politics (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4163762/Slaughter-newborn-kids-say-academics.html)

auroara78
March 2nd, 2012, 11:02 AM
Wow I cannot believe that!! Crazy....I also consider once it's born, it's a child and therefore that would be murder.

Sunset, I agree completely with you about the legalization of abortion but the outrage about PGD. I also agree with your idea that women are already creating "designer lives" by choosing what children to keep, etc etc, so how can sex selection be much different than what's already going on?

Personally, I couldn't have an abortion. That's just me. I don't think I've ever said this on this forum, but when I was pregnant with DS1, I had occular melanoma. It was cancer in my left eye.

My OB wanted me to have an abortion, because I was still in my first trimester. After talking to my oncologist about it, he said that my cancer was caught early and very confined in my eye and he said the possible amount of radiation that my baby *might* recieve would be the equivilent of flying across the country (US). So both my eye and cancer doctors really reassured me that everything would be OK to keep going. I mean, I would have really been hard pressed to have an abortion. The doctors would have really had to tell me something atricious would happen to me or the baby if I had kept the pregnancy. I was 29 and although DS1 was an opps, I had desperately wanted to be pg for years, but my DH (boyfriend) at time, wasn't ready, so when the pregnancy happened, I was so grateful that having cancer on top of it felt very cruel, like fate was trying to take away what I had so longed for.

DS1 is now a happy 4 year old, funny, silly, big dimples, just pure amazing. He's in great health. DS2 is a chubby, grouchy 10 month old who wants things his way or the highway.

Anyhow, it's been 5 years since I have had cancer, and I'm healthy, and of course pregnant with number 3. I could have stopped after DS1, but I really wanted a big family, and I think if anything ever did happen to me (we never do know what's going to happen), I still think giving my kids siblings will be a great gift; to have each other.

Sorry for going on and on....love you guys.

On another note, I don't judge anyone for having an abortion. I really, truly believe every woman has to live the life she feels best. Life is not easy, so therefore I cannot look at someone else's life and see what is right/wrong for them. I can only guide my own the best I know how :)

Inglewood
March 2nd, 2012, 12:56 PM
heres the article in the sun

Slaughter newborn kids, say academics | The Sun |News|Politics (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4163762/Slaughter-newborn-kids-say-academics.html)

OMG!!! shocking....

Sunset
March 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
auroara78 im so happy to hear you're doing well now!! it must have been very frightening to suffer from cancer..life really isnt fair sometimes

auroara78
March 2nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Sunset, it was, and I still sometimes am afriad to be really happy, I sort of lost trust in things being OK because I've seen the other side and I know how scary life can sometimes be...on the other hand, my cancer treatment was just 4 days of a localized radiation, and my dear friend and cousin, Jennifer, who is only 41, has stage 2 breast cancer and has been fighting it since LAST August!!

Compared to her journey mine was thankfully very short. I am thankful all the time of finding it early, etc, and I decided after I had cancer, that I wasn't going to stop or change my life plans because of it, I was going to keep living the way I imagined for myself, and I wasn't going to let it hold me back, or be afraid to do something.

It's not something I like to talk about very much because of the preconcieved notions of cancer and then having kids. Many people would think i was totally crazy for going on and having 3 kids after such a diagnosis, but cancer is one of those things now that isn't a death sentence, and treatments have come a long way. It's really very dependent on a lot of factors, that a person has to weigh, etc.

Petal
March 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Aww Auroara, you have every right to have children!! so glad you found the cancer early and in the clear now :-)

LMW, that sounds awful what you have been though, so glad you and your mum get on well now thou :-)

That artical is just the worst, who in gods name would do such a thing? disgusting.

How are you doing maybe? 3 days and counting!!!!!!! x

threelittlemenandcounting
March 2nd, 2012, 03:49 PM
Evening ladies hope you are all well and enjoying your weekend, we are all trying to recover from illness in our house love and hugs to you all xx

Lavenderlime
March 3rd, 2012, 06:12 AM
Sorry no personals. My head hurts and i'm so tired the kind of tired where you just look mierable because it takes too much effort to smile.... laid turf in the back garden yesterday and rolls of that stuff are heavy! Then worked last night. Got up at 8 a.m and finished laying the turf. Having a 5 minute tea break then off to clean my car inside and out working tonight then off to Bristol tomorrow 1.5-2 hour drive so four hours driving zzzzzz.....
Can't not go though as it's my sisters birthday. Just so shattered.

Hope everyone else is having a more enjoyable weekend!

Inglewood
March 3rd, 2012, 07:54 AM
Auroara, I agree with you and don't think your crazy for having kids. Live your life like you planned to as your right Cancer doesn't have to be a life sentance. Sorry to hear about ur Cousin, life is so unfair. A workmate of mine is terminally ill, so sad. She's late 40's.

Lavender, what a busy 24hrs u have had and more to come!! Enjoy the party!! x

Hi to everyone else, feeling lousy today, think I have a sinus infection....painful and feeling sicky. :( Was supposed to go out with Dh to a 'family' thing, but don't think I'll make it. Is a 2hr drive to where we were going. I'll be cursed for not making an effort by certain members of the family.....past caring really!!!

Have a good day! x

maybebabythree
March 3rd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Hi all

Lmw you sound like one strong lady! Sorry you had to go through all that so young.

Aurora - glad you got all clear. I did think I had a brain tumour / anerisum about two years back and had a MRI. Just thinking I had that possibility was hard enough. Can't imagine how you must have felt.

I think PDg should be legal over here but if you you already have one or two of the same sex or there would be a lot of boy only family's for religious reasons. I am not anti abortion - not sure if anyone watched it but there was documented on a few weeks back on ilegal abortions on sex grounds in the uk. I don't know how they can control that? If I got pg again, went private for a early cvs found it was a boy then asked my doc for a abortion as I couldn't cope with four kids how would he work out my true reasons? Not that I ever would but abortion is just such a fuzzy area. Abortion after birth is plain murder though. If baby was on life support with a poor chance of positive outcome then I personally think is ok to turn off life support as it's unfortunately something I know about. But a breathing child? What would they do??? How could you kill a newborn? Doctors are supposed to preserve quality of life. How is that within a doctors remit?

Inglewood
March 3rd, 2012, 11:25 AM
LMW, how did I miss ur post? You did have rough teenage years, but you are no doubt a better person today for it, with a better relationship with your mum. My dh was a bit of a troubled teen, his dad walked out aged 11, never to return. But he is the wonderful man and great dad today because of his experiences. x

indigoviolet
March 3rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
Just checking in ladies, hope you are all doing well :HH:

TLM hope the sickness clears up soon

charlie- hope you are having a good weekend and enjoying your boys.

Lavender- hope you feel better soon ((hugs))

LMW- wow, what a story, I agree with the others though, it has made you into a better person no doubt and I'm sure you are far more wise and sensitive than most people your age.

Aurora- thank goodness you have the all clear, I'm shocked people can have opinions about whether you have children or not, it is up to you completely and you have to live your life and not live in fear and with 'what ifs'.

babymad- how are you doing these days hon?

Pinga- I have been trying to cling on to what you wrote about being thankful and focussing on what I DO have rather than what I don't, it has been helping a bit. Hope you are doing OK too.

sunset, maybebaby, petal, maybepink, inglwood all you lovely ladies :HH:

Kell
March 3rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
Hey guys!

Forgot to mention we had our 20 week scan this week, everything seems fine! Baby is growing nicely in there!
I have an anterior placenta apparently. Dp's mum came, she loved it!

Finally had my hair done today! No more grey lol

Hope your all having a good weekend! :)

littlemisswilko
March 4th, 2012, 06:10 AM
kell - i have an anterior placenta this time too. i havent felt baby move yet which i think i did by now with the boys. Have you started to feel baby move yet? didnt you notice you had an anterior with your 12 weeks scan by looking at your ultrasound notes? or has it just recently moved into that position?

Kell
March 4th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Lmw I have a note about feeling small movements but nothing substantial, the last 10 days I've been feeling loads! Dp can feel it as well, I've not noticed any significant differences in terms of when I felt movement.
If it was anterior at 12 weeks no one said anything and nothing is reflected in my notes, infact there's nothing in my notes after the 20 weeks scan either which seems a bit weird!

littlemisswilko
March 4th, 2012, 09:24 AM
the only reason why i know i have an anterior is because i looked at my notes the sonographer filed in my maternity notes at the 12 weeks scan. it gives details about the nuchal fold and CRL and tells you what weeks and days you are. then says placenta: anterior.

she never mentioned anything to me so i only know by what she put on the notes.

littlemisswilko
March 4th, 2012, 09:30 AM
hows the weather where everyone is?

Its snowing here in the NE (well it is near me, what about in stockton sunset?)

just starting to lay too so the boys will be hoping that they can get some sledging out of it. So different to what it was like a couple of days ago. it was warm enough to go out without a coat.

littlemisswilko
March 4th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Lavender - how are you? how many DPO are you? any symptoms or anything as of yet? FX to a BFP!

Kell
March 4th, 2012, 10:26 AM
My notes are rubbish I have barely anything from scans except pictures!
I'll speak to my midwife when I see her in April lol.

The weather is horrible! It rained all night and most of the day until about 2pm when it started snowing and has been ever since, it's suppose to carry on snowing most of the day but it's so wet there's no way it'll settle here.
It wa lovely here yesterday! Beautiful sunshine!

Sunset
March 4th, 2012, 10:59 AM
hows the weather where everyone is?

Its snowing here in the NE (well it is near me, what about in stockton sunset?)

just starting to lay too so the boys will be hoping that they can get some sledging out of it. So different to what it was like a couple of days ago. it was warm enough to go out without a coat.

aww i'm jealous! all we got was some sleet and even that didnt last long lol

Sunset
March 4th, 2012, 11:05 AM
kell - i have an anterior placenta this time too. i havent felt baby move yet which i think i did by now with the boys. Have you started to feel baby move yet? didnt you notice you had an anterior with your 12 weeks scan by looking at your ultrasound notes? or has it just recently moved into that position?

You're only 16 weeks so don't worry yet hun.. i started feeling kicks with dd at around 17 weeks but they were few and far between.. didint get anything regular until after 20 weeks.

Sunset
March 4th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Maybebaby ~ MASSIVE good luck for tomorrow!!! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear your baby news and see some pictures of your baby boy :) I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!! please do update us as soon as you can! xx

Sunset
March 4th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Deaks ~ havent heard from you in a few days and i'm getting worried. hope you're ok!!?

sixhappysons ~ How are you? have you started ttc yet?

Lavenderlime ~ when are you testing? any symptoms yet?

wishing4pink ~ how are you? have you started the diet yet?

inglewood ~ pictures please! have you uploaded any tummy pics on fb perhaps?

chocolate and kell ~ hello ladies :)

Indigoviolet, Pinga, Babymad, maybepink3 and Charlie, sending you all big hugs!!! i hope in time it will get easier for you all...

hello to everyone else!

littlemisswilko
March 4th, 2012, 01:15 PM
You're only 16 weeks so don't worry yet hun.. i started feeling kicks with dd at around 17 weeks but they were few and far between.. didint get anything regular until after 20 weeks.

i wouldnt say i worried as i bought a doppler and keep checking on baby with it ever now and then. does take a while to locate heartbeat but that most likely because of the placenta being in the way. I'm just curious about when ill actually start to feel something as when you google it some ppl say it didnt make a difference to a posterior and then ive read somewhere someone didnt feel anything untill about 24 weeks. i just carnt wait to feel something, just makes everything seem more real. i sometimes think i can feel something going on downthere but then relise its just wind! PMSL!!!!

littlemisswilko
March 4th, 2012, 01:19 PM
aww i'm jealous! all we got was some sleet and even that didnt last long lol

its stopped now and its turning into mush! n/m just wish it would make its mind up! either snow heavens high so the kids can have a biit of fun or be lovely and sunny so me and the kids can enjoy sometime outside in the garden :)

littlemisswilko
March 4th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Maybebaby ~ MASSIVE good luck for tomorrow!!! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear your baby news and see some pictures of your baby boy :) I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!! please do update us as soon as you can! xx

omg! i totally forgot! GOOD LUCK for tomorrow maybe! ill be thinking of you! carnt wait to see the little man!!!

littlemisswilko
March 4th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Indigoviolet, Pinga, Babymad, maybepink3 and Charlie, sending you all big hugs!!! i hope in time it will get easier for you all...

:agree:

Kell
March 4th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Maybe good luck tomorrow hun :)
Can't wait to see your little man!! X

indigoviolet
March 4th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Maybebaby- wishing you loads of luck for tomorrow, I'm sure it will go smoothly for you. Can't wait to see little 'dave'! can't believe it is your time, it has been a long road. GOOD LUCK!!

Lavenderlime
March 4th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Hello all,

Hectic weekend over sigh all went well besides the 5 wee stops on the way home from Bristol Potty training ds2 day 2. Only one actual wee but no accidents all day so all is good! Think he's got it but we had a week when he was 1 and half where he self potty trained and was dry. But he lost interest think it was more of a game for him than actaully learning to use the potty IYSWIM.

LMW and Sunset testing on Tuesday If my tests arrive on time only ordered them on Saturday. Not feeling pregnant just really tired so not that hopeful. What cycle day did everyone get their BFP with ds2 it was 2 days before a missed period.

Maybe massive good luck for tomorrow, you'll have a newborn eek!

Petal
March 4th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Good luck for tomorrow Maybe!!! will be thinking of you, update asap hehe

Big hugs xx

Kell
March 4th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Lavender mine was around 11dpo with ds2 but this pregnancy I let it till after my af was due as I didn't believe I could be pregnant, we only dtd once the whole month lol!

Have any of you been watching got to dance? I'm not normally one for those competition type shows but I love to watch dancing! A group of Irish dancers won it! I was do pleased I've honestly never been so impressed by Irish dancing ever! They made it really interesting to watch! Here's a vid YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://m.youtube.com/?rdm=4ozmbjv1z&reload=3#/watch?v=dqosQJbQ39Y)
I cried when they won lmao!

maybebabythree
March 4th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks girls, don't know if I want to cry as it's my last day of being pg and all i have done is moan when I should have enjoyed every second, or be sick as I'm so scared :-(

Feel very emotional. I think I might text indigo and she can update you all depending on how things go.

Thank you all for supporting me this far,I'm sure without some of you I would have given up hope of this baby a long time ago. You are all very speacial ladies to me xxx

Sunset
March 4th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Maybebaby what time are you going tomorrow? i'm sure it will go great :) i hope you get to have an amazing birth experience and that Dave dont keep you waiting too long. just know we'll all be thinking of you tomorrow and cheer you on from afar! :) x

Sunset
March 4th, 2012, 04:30 PM
i wouldnt say i worried as i bought a doppler and keep checking on baby with it ever now and then. does take a while to locate heartbeat but that most likely because of the placenta being in the way. I'm just curious about when ill actually start to feel something as when you google it some ppl say it didnt make a difference to a posterior and then ive read somewhere someone didnt feel anything untill about 24 weeks. i just carnt wait to feel something, just makes everything seem more real. i sometimes think i can feel something going on downthere but then relise its just wind! PMSL!!!!

I think it differs.. with ds2 i didn't think there was much difference at all to a posterior placenta but with dd it really was a massive difference and took alot of the fun out of being pregnant.. but i guess it was a blessing in disguise as at least i never got woken up by baby kicking.

Sunset
March 4th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Lavenderlime good luck testing on tuesday :)
with ds1 i didn't test until a week after af was due, with ds2 i tested the day after af was due and with dd i tested early and got my bfp at 9dpo

zanacal
March 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Good luck tomorrow Maybe, your emotions are bound to be all over the place today. I can't wait to hear your good news!

maybebabythree
March 4th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks girls. Dh has made up daves car seat, had a bath, my bf has phoned ( I was her birth partner) feel a lot better now. Deep breaths - I can do this x

pinga
March 5th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Good luck maybe - you'll be great!

I've got an anterior placenta too. I prob started feeling bump at around 19 wks. Sunset - baby still manages to wake me up with side kicks!!! I find I just don't feel bub as much as my other pregnancies. Some kicks seem a lot softer... but bubba is getting stronger.

Went to my friends little girls 1st birthday party and found it harder than I thought. One of my close friends was there too and she told me that she thinks I'm having a girl this time. (I haven't told anyone). Sigh - she has 2 girls and knows I'd like a girl... just hard when people say things like that.

Right must bath my 2 little monsters...

Inglewood
March 5th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Morning all!!

Maybe, sorry I didnt get on to wish you GL for today and you prob won't see this message till baby here now. But wishing you a fab easy labour and lots of lovely kisses and cuddles with baby. Can't wait to hear ur news...

I didn't have an anterior placenta, but didn't feel movement till nearer 20wks, even with 2!!

Pinga, So many people told me that with ds2 'must be a girl etc' and I was so convinced he was, so finding out he was a boy was tough at the birth. Think had I known, then I wouldn't of had such a hard fall finding out he was a boy when he was born. It must be very difficult to hear comments like that when you know differently, but I hope by knowing in the long run it's easier for you. That's why I had to find out the sex and tell people, as I couldn't have people saying 'girls' and either me not knowing till the birth again, thinking girls and having boys. Think the shock of 2 boys would of been harder to take for me. I too have spent years being a boy mum around girl/mixed families and it is so tough. hugs.. xx

Hi to everyone else, been so so tired, think I have sinus infection and feel like I should be giving birth now as I'm so big and heavy. Took me forever to walk the boys to school and it's literally a 2min walk!! Have a scan tom and hopefully get my date??? We have bets on when my date will be ds1 and my SIL say 11th April, Dh- 9th, ds2- 12th and I said 6th, but think I meant 16th?? Just need to know when their birthday will be :)

Sunset, no recent bump pics....massive now though! Will ask my camera man (ds1) to take 1 later.

Hello to everyone else, think I might go for a nap! whileI can still do that!! x

Inglewood
March 5th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Lavender, how was your sister's party on sat? were u knackered after ur busy few days before it?

I had my SIL's new shop opening night, which went well. Was tired, but nice to make the effort and go.

deaks66
March 5th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Hope im not too late to wish you masses of luck Maybe!!!! Been manic over here and just logged on to see its all action at your end! Cant wait to see a pic of baby dave! Lots of love XXXXX

Lavender, good luck with the testing!

Hi everyone else, will get through the pages asap!

X

chocolate
March 5th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Hope all is going well Maybe, we need some newborn boy pics xx

maybebabythree
March 5th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Hi I am on delivery but not much going on. Baby is floating free and cervix clamped shut so they can't break my waters. Had a pessery and they think i will be ready to break waters tomorrow. Feel better now I'm here. So not ready to give birth. Feels weird being in a delivery room when not in labour. Midwives are being so lovely. Will let you know what happens if anything x

deaks66
March 5th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Thinking of you maybe! X

Kell
March 5th, 2012, 09:52 AM
It's all so exciting :) hope things move along at a nice pace for you!

Babymad
March 5th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Oh how exciting Maybe!! Sorry I didn't get on earlier...house full of illness!

I hope things start kicking off soon so you can be holding dave asap!
I had the pessary with DS3 and he was born at 10.50pm so loads of luck and will be thinking of you......xxx
p.s very envious!!...I would do anything to get this baby out NOW!!
Cant wait to hear your news and see a pic xx

Lavenderlime
March 5th, 2012, 10:28 AM
OOOh exciting maybe can't wait to see pictures too!

Inglewood It was lovely actually i'm glad I made the effort I was exhausted but it was lovely to see both my sisters and they love seeing the boys. What kind of shop has your sister opened? Sounds exciting!

Thank you Deaks. Not sure if it's worth testing tomo as didn't do OPKs and I think i'll be 10 days PO going on stomach cramps and guesing when I o'd i'll be on CD 24 of a 27 day cycle. So may wait until Wednesday as tests prob won't arrive until midday tomo now. I can't face another BFN.

Sunset hope your enjoying your bottle of cocacola!

Petal
March 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
PUSH Maybe!!!! lol x

littlemisswilko
March 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM
massive amounts of luck mabey!!!! hope things go smoothly! xx

charlieispy
March 5th, 2012, 11:52 AM
maybe x just wanted to say thinking of you hope things progress quickly and that beautiful bub is in your arms very soon x much love hun x

charlieispy
March 5th, 2012, 11:53 AM
and babymad - so with you on the wishing I was at D Day - i know it will be easy with a baby to hold <3 hope you are ok x

maybepink3
March 5th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Maybe - good luck, will be thinking of you and hope it all goes smoothly. Can't wait to see some piccies.
Charlie - been thinking of you a lot, really hope you're ok hun.
Hi to everyone else xxxx

chocolate
March 5th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Maybe - fingers crossed your waters break easily later or tomorrow, I bet you'll hear a few of those adorable newborn cries if your in delivery rooms

Charlie - hope your ok, are you feeling any better?

Ladies - my 3.5 year old is driving me INSANE, I have ended up shouting at him quite loudly and just seems Im finding it really hard to control his behaviour and control myself so I dont end up shouting full belt all day.
We were having a lovely day till after tea time when I got out cars and the pop up tent, he was then barging my 1 year old around and had his warnings and wasnt calming down so it got put away. Then he had a tantrum later and then when I was putting them to bed I discovered he had put the toilet floor mat IN the toilet!!! I lost it and shouted at him and put him to bed with no story or cuddles. Now in my head I know I should have still done stories as they are if he sleeps well the night before, and cuddles and kisses but Im so cross.
What annoys me the most is that he knows its naughty, but does it anyway, that sort of behaviour of breaking things on purpose of putting things in the loo really gets my back up as surely at 3.5 years old he shouldn't be doing it?
Sometimes I think Im a bit stricter than most and expect him to listen straight away when I tell him to stop, will going to school help with this sort of behaviour? I know he wouldnt do it anywhere else and would be very well behaved at school, but am hoping him being at school all day will mean better behaviour when at home.
The last few weeks have been hard as I keep saying 'typical boy, girls wouldnt behave like this, I thought boys were supposed to be easier' to myself etc.

Anyone have any tips, he is driving me mad and I hate being 'shouty' and hormones are def. not helping with my short fuse but how do other 3.5 year olds behave?

littlemisswilko
March 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
To me chocloate he seems a typical 3.5 yr old. my boys are like that! they sort of like to test how far they can go with you.
my eldest whos 6 at the end of this month is as good as gold at school. Proberbly the best one in his class for good behavior but he's a terror when hes at home. shouts at me when he doesnt get his way. contantly fighting or tormenting his younger brother. ive just learned now to keep out of it if they are fighting unless needed if one of them gets hurt because they soon make up and are playing or fighting about something totally different and if i did interfere, i would only have made it worse and i dont want to take sides.

chocolate
March 5th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Phew, thanks LMW - glad to hear its normal challenging behaviour and not something that is totally out of this world naughtyness if you know what I mean lol. He can be very polite and very caring and loving 70% of the time but sometimes our strong willed natures just seem to clash, alot lol. I always find in pregnancy I tolerate a lot less and snap quite easily

Inglewood
March 5th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Maybe...good luck!! really isn't long now :)

Lavender, my SIL is a tattoo artist, so she opened a new bigger tattoo studio as she was doing so well!

Chocolate, my ds1 never had the 'terrible 2's' was such a placid wee kid, but OMG did he test us aged 3/4!! he would put anything down the loo, inc dh's £300 watch! and FLUSHED!!! he'd hold his breath till he passed out! So don't worry, it's all normal. My ds2 was a tantrum master before his 1st b'day, so they are all different. Ds1 is the sweetest, laid back kid now (aged 9) and thankfully i only had not even a year of temper tantrums... ds2 is now 5 and still a wee cheeky boy! but calmer.... it's tough!!! xxhugsxx

chocolate
March 5th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Note to self: must hide the watches lol. Reassuring to know I havent got a criminal in the makings on my hands, I hope lol. Just thought that at this age he would know right from wrong, what goes through their minds to put things down the loo? He talks about sewers etc. will have to ask him tomorrow why, and see if I can give him some sort of explanation or answer to his thoughts.
Today I kept saying 'that behaviour is making Mummy really cross' in a cross tone instead of just shouting and it worked well all day until the 6pm toilet thing happened. New day tomorrow though and hope its better lol.

zanacal
March 5th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Chocolate - I think he sounds like a normal 3 year old too! My DS2 is probably the most challenging. He's intelligent and loving and so sweet but OMG does he know how to push my buttons! I suspect the problem is we're too similar so we clash more - and some days I deal with the boys really well and we have a wonderful time but other days I can't help myself from shouting and just making it worse for everybody. We're all human - and hormones really don't help! DS1 seems really grown up after 1.5 years at school and DS2 is definitely getting there too (although pre-school and school have always told me how sweet and attentive and good he is anyway!). They don't have to be good for mummy all the time because they know you'll love them regardless - take it as a compliment!

chocolate
March 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks Zanacal, I guess I just dont hear these stories from my friends with boys or similar ages. I should just remember not to take it personally and accept its normal for his age and to just keep up the boundaries but also positive praise

maybebabythree
March 5th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Still here, not dilated, not contracting, not engaged. Don't this is working - I hope I don't end with a section! Part oft wonders if I should admit were not ready and go home :-(

indigoviolet
March 5th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Hugs Maybe, it is so hard waiting. I'm sure they will give you the best advice about what to do. Praying all works out smoothly and happily:HH:

Kell
March 5th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Chocolate my ds2 sounds like the same child only a year younger! I know how frustrating it is! Hugs!

Girls I was wondering if you'd give me your views on male midwives?
At college we are doing a kinda dissertation in one subject that should relate to our future degrees. I've decided to look at how male midwives are viewed, both from the mother and from the partners point of view.
I've got a while to look into it yet but it's got me and dp talking and has been quite interesting thinking about it.

Kell
March 5th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Hugs maybe, give it time hub, sometimes these things take a little while, potentially dave may have been there another couple of weeks so he possibly just needs a bit of a nudge in the right direction.
Hope things start soon x

pebmcpd7
March 5th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Oh I had a male midwife for one of my births and he was lovely, I don't think you care when you are in labour, you would have the devil in if he would help you!!! LOL

chocolate
March 5th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Maybe - really hope something happens very soon

Kell - not sure, I think if I was given a male midwife Id feel rude saying I wasn't happy with this, so therefore I think my labour would perhaps not be as relaxed so wouldnt progress as well? In the pushing stages I probably wouldnt mind, I had a male dr come in and I took a double look but only after DS2 was born and then shrugged it off. It would be those initial examinations which would make me feel awkward. I dont know, I think maybe you should be given a form as you go in asking if you would like female if available or if happy with a male. It would take away the awkwardness of having to speak up if you could just tick a box
I dont think my OH would really care?? Not sure what most men would think.

indigoviolet
March 5th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Maybe- hope that you start to progress soon, there is a lot they can do to help things along and induction can take a long time, try to nap and rest as much as you can while you are waiting. It WILL all work out and tomorrow you will be holding your gorgeous baby boy! You are in the right place and will be looked after :HH:

Petal
March 5th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Oh maybe, i know how you feel!! nothing happened after my first pessary either, but as soon as i had the 2nd one it was almost instant pain and contractions!! good luck hun x x

pinga
March 5th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Maybe - hope things get going... especially as you have got yourself all pysched up to have baby. I never had any pessaries - they went straight to the drip and that took about 1/2hours for my 1st contraction to arrive - had nothing beforehand. You'll get there!!!!!!

Hmmm - male midwives. I saw one at one of my appointments with DS2. Really doesn't bother me. I wouldn't mind having one at the birth. I've had so many people looking at my bits (for various medical reasons) it really doesn't bother me if its a male :D I would however say I probably wouldn't feel so comfortable with a male midwife helping me with establishing breastfeeding.... that is a bit weirder!!!

Advice - has anyone flown in later pregnancy - I'm talking about 30weeks pregnant????? Am planning on going to Sydney for Easter.

DS1 is very funny - yesterday he announced - 'Daddy is at school' (DH is a primary teacher too) and then 'he's playing with his friends'. I love that he thinks DH goes to school to play!!!! :bigsmile:

Babymad
March 6th, 2012, 03:19 AM
How you doing Maybe??

Sunset
March 6th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Maybebaby ~ thinking of you! hope they can break your waters today!

Kell ~ I have to admit i would not accept a male midwife.. i'm generally not comfortable with men anyway.. i even demanded to have a female driving instructor so there is no way I would want a male midwife down at the business end while i'm in labour. I'm just not comfortable with the idea of a strange man being part of such a private moment (unless he's gay haha) to me, although i know it sounds very sexist, i just dont get why men would want to work as midwifes :S

Chocolate ~ don't worry it's definitely normal 3 year old behaviour. My 3,5 year old is going through a phase himself at the moment and has got a right little attitude on him and has learned to talk back which it driving me nuts. For example if we walk past someone in the street and i say to him "watch out josh, let the lady pass" he'll then say "no i don't want to watch out" or if he's is naughty and i give him a warning he'll then reply "no i'm not going on a time out, river is" (his brother).. he is good 85% of the time and is the sweetest little boy, but when he starts, omg! it's so hard to know how to handle as well at times.. these supernanny theories are great generally but sometimes you only have 20 minutes to get ready for nursery so then you dont have time for warning and time outs... lol the joy!

littlemisswilko
March 6th, 2012, 04:59 AM
DS1 is very funny - yesterday he announced - 'Daddy is at school' (DH is a primary teacher too) and then 'he's playing with his friends'. I love that he thinks DH goes to school to play!!!! :bigsmile:

:agree: ahh bless

littlemisswilko
March 6th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Kell ~ I have to admit i would not accept a male midwife.. i'm generally not comfortable with men anyway.. i even demanded to have a female driving instructor so there is no way I would want a male midwife down at the business end while i'm in labour. I'm just not comfortable with the idea of a strange man being part of such a private moment (unless he's gay haha) to me, although i know it sounds very sexist, i just dont get why men would want to work as midwifes :S

im exactly the same, i wanted i women driving instructer and my mam sorted it all out with BSM and told them i would only be okay with a female driving instructor and then on the day a bloke towed up. there excuse was that he only teached in my area and there was no female instructors anyways he was an oldish bloke and was a lovely guy so i stayed with him untill i passed. My reasons were that i dont think men can understand us women.

again when i went for my 7 week scan it was a male sonographer and that really felt awkward too. i didnt feel i could ask him things like i would if it was a woman. thankfully there was a woman trainee with him and she was very chatty and made it more relaxed.

Although i know im having a section with this baby and there will most likely be men in the room. from my previous experiences the women were the ones who chatted too you and gave you the baby and talked me through it. the men altho they were there i forgot about about them inserting the catheter etc.

Kell
March 6th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Sunset it's not sexiest it's how I feel as well. And I know my oh would not be impressed either, if it came down to needing help I wouldn't care so long as me and baby were ok but in a normal vaginal birth I don't feel comfortable showing that side of myself to any male other than my dp, and even then it's quite embarrassing in parts lol
I might feel different if I'd seen male doctors for things like smears or infections etc prior but even that sort of thing has been passed from my male doctor to a female nurse.
Having said all that, I don't have a problem with men doing a c section. Maybe it's the fact that it's my sexual organs on show in labour.

I've actually been quite surprised at how many people are ok with it, I put a post on net mums about it as well and out of about 65 replies only a handful didn't like the idea of it.

pinga
March 6th, 2012, 06:10 AM
I have had loads of issues with abnormal smears/treatments so have seen lots of male doctors for that. It kind of gets you over any embaressment. With labour you are in a different headspace but with a treatment you are 100% aware that there you are showing yourself in all your glory :D I've even had to show my bits to a non-english-speaking doctor in Poland!!

The WORST THING EVER that I have experienced (sorry this is a bit TMI) - after my spinal operation I had to lie down for 3 days - no getting up. They give you laxatives to get your bowels moving after the op. Well they were a little too effective. So the worst is having to get a nurse for that... who has to then wipe... SOOOOOOOOO humiliating!!!!! I'd rather have a male doctor/midwife looking at my bits anyday!

haha - sorry this is a bit of a gross post!!! :D

Off to bed now... so fingers crossed will see some news when I next get on from Maybe x

Kell
March 6th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Lol Pinga! Nice thought for you as you go to bed! Sleep well :)

Indigo you've got a baby the size of a slice of pizza :) lol

Maybe hope your doing ok!

littlemisswilko
March 6th, 2012, 07:13 AM
imagine if that lass who was on obem had a male midwife she would have been appalled. she wouldnt even let her dp victor in the room never mind letting a male mw look at her down belows!

littlemisswilko
March 6th, 2012, 07:14 AM
aww poor you pinga! i suppose all self dignity went out the window a long time ago!

indigoviolet
March 6th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Maybebaby had her waters broken and has a drip now to bring on the contractions which have now started, yay!
In the next hour she'll be getting an epidural so they can up the drip and increased the contractions and hopefully baby Dave will make his appearance soon!! (DH is asleep lol!)
So exciting!! I love it when we have fun news like this on this thread.
Think lots of positive labour vibes for her :HH:

chocolate
March 6th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Yay for Maybe, very exciting news, what a lovely time of year to have a baby, not too hot and you know there is lots of sunshine coming for pram walks :happy:

Sunset - DS put a book down the loo today!! I asked if he was trying to see if it would go to the sewers and explained that its too big, just wee and poo and small bits of tissue lol. Then found pencil on the wall again ............ I kept calm and put a naughty marble in his pot, just hope this delightful destructive stage passes soon and no more unaccompanied trips to the loo!

Pinga - I tell my kids Daddy goes to work for a rest and a lunch break, bless your DS lol, bet your OH plays with the resources though lol.

Sunset
March 6th, 2012, 08:01 AM
yay how exciting!! :D i've been stalking this thread all morning waiting for some news. Bless her, she'll soon get to hold Dave in her arms :)

Babymad
March 6th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Yay! Cant wait to see pics of Dave!! :)

indigoviolet
March 6th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Yay for Maybe, very exciting news, what a lovely time of year to have a baby, not too hot and you know there is lots of sunshine coming for pram walks :happy:

That's what I was thinking, a lovely time of year to have a baby.

Inglewood
March 6th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Just popping in quickly to check on Maybe!!! so exciting.... :)

GOT MY DATE!!!!!! WOOOOHOOO... My :twins: will be born on the 3rd April! OMG! 4wks today!

Kell
March 6th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Woo inglewood! Your officially in the count down to birth! :)

Babymad
March 6th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Thats amazing Inglewood :) you must be sooo excited!! X
Once again im so envious, im really struggling health wise with this pg and need this baby out!!

HopeandDreamG
March 6th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Yay Maybebaby!!!!! can't wait to see pics!!! fx for an easy delivery :)

Ingelwood~ soooooooooo exciting!!! 4 weeks wow wow...CANNOT wait to see pics

indigoviolet
March 6th, 2012, 02:34 PM
wow inglewood, that's so exciting! wow the countdown begins, can't believe they are nearly here, only seems such a short time ago you got your BFP!

Babymad- ((hugs)) hon, it is such a shame you are suffering so much with this pg, is there nothing the doc or midwife can do? How are you feeling emotional wise?

March 6th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Oh my goodness I cant believe I did not manage to get on here and and wish maybe good luck I feel so awful !!!

Maybe hope your holding your little prince in your arms right now, cant wait to see a picture and hope your labour is going or has gone smoothly :heart:

Yet another weekend of illness in our house with both hubby and me being poorly but better now hooray !!!

Chocolate I think your little man's behaviour sounds perfcetly normal!! Boys have a surge of testosterone at around 3-4 years and I think this is part of the reason behind the more challenging behaviour at times, I certainly think it is accounting for me just turned 4 yrs olds behaviour he is answering back, verty very loud and extremely boisterous at the min and increasingly doing things on purpose while waiting for my reaction and smiling all way more than normal at the min!!

Inglewood
March 6th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Thats amazing Inglewood :) you must be sooo excited!! X
Once again im so envious, im really struggling health wise with this pg and need this baby out!!

I can't believe I'm being sectioned at 35wks 5days, thought they would keep me till 37, even 38wks??? they are 3lbs 10 and 3lbs 11 today, so by then they will be about 6lbs each, so decent enough weights to be born. Feel like crap, so sore and tired and so feel glad I won't go full term at the same time not ready for 2 babies! Feel for u being so poorly with this pg and struggling with ur asthma. On top of that you have alot of emotional feelings that I wish so much I could do something, anything to help with. xx

March 6th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Babymad what a rough ride your having really hope your health improves and that you start to feel a little better be nice sometimes wouldn't it if we all lived closer so we could help each other out !

Inglewood wow only 4 wks to go so very exciting !!

Sunset
March 7th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Good Morning Ladies! :) Here I am, still stalking for baby news :)

Threelittlemen ~ glad to hear you and your dh are feeling better now!

Inglewood ~ 4 weeks will fly by :D How are you feeling now that you've got your babies birthday? is it feeling more real?

Babymad ~ sending you lots of hugs!

Petal
March 7th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Im here stalking too hehe!

Oh Inglewood, how exciting!!! how come they are delivering them at 35 weeks? is this normal for twins? I so cant wait to see two little girls in their pink girlie outfits :-))

Hope everythings going well Maybe!!! thinking of you!!

Sunset.. hows DD after her jabs? i so felt for you, its just awful isnt it! DS3 had his 2nd lot today, he had them a bit later due to him being poorly!!

Weve booked a holiday!!!! going to Ibiza in the easter hols, a month today!!!! Had to get DS3's passport pics done, that was fun lol. So looking forward to getting away :-)))

Babymad, bless you, its so unfair how you are struggling with asthma :-( Have you brought any baby bits yet? I need to do a massive car boot, our house has baby stuff where ever we look!! lol.

Hi to you all x x

Lavenderlime
March 7th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Charlie not sure if your still popping on but saw these eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270777624919?var=570024199667&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649) and though of you! Thought you'd like, they're really quirky. Think I'm going to get a couple of pairs as PJ bottoms for ds2 as am a fan of skinny fit PJ's.

indigoviolet
March 7th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Maybebaby had her baby boy late last night! (11.33pm, 8lb2) :awe::awe::awe::cheer::cheer:

SUCH wonderful and exciting news, she says the labour went well in the end and she's totally in love :HH:

I'm sure she'll be on soon to update everyone and hopefully with some pics, can't wait to see the gorgeous little boy!

Sunset
March 7th, 2012, 08:10 AM
awwwwww :cheer: :cheer: CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your baby boy Maybebaby!! I am sooo happy for you :D what wonderful news! :D Enjoy the babymoon :awe: I can't wait to see a pic of your gorgeous bundle of joy :)

Sunset
March 7th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Charlie not sure if your still popping on but saw these eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270777624919?var=570024199667&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649) and though of you! Thought you'd like, they're really quirky. Think I'm going to get a couple of pairs as PJ bottoms for ds2 as am a fan of skinny fit PJ's.

I too am a fan of skinny fit PJ's :P :agree:

Sunset
March 7th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Sunset.. hows DD after her jabs? i so felt for you, its just awful isnt it! DS3 had his 2nd lot today, he had them a bit later due to him being poorly!!

aw bless, it's horrible isnt it.. :( how did it go today? I hope he didnt cry too much. It was absolutely horrible yesterday.. she screamed when she had the injections and my poor heart was breaking. I'm sure the nurses must have thought i was nuts as i was such a crying wreck lol it's hard though, i felt so guilty :( she's okay today, just a bit on the hot side but yesterday, omg.. both her legs were bright red and she didnt stop crying all afternoon.

wow Ibiza, how lovely! :D I'm jealous! how long will you be gone for? :)

Inglewood
March 7th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Petal.....super jealous! We LOVE ibiza, been alot. Where are u going????

Inglewood
March 7th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Maybe....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huge welcome to the world baby!! xx

Inglewood
March 7th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Sunset, so happy to finally have a date!!! DH was 'googling' 3rd April, turns out Marlyn Brando and Doris Day were born on that day. The first mobile phone call was made and The famous 'I have a dream' speech by Martin luther king was said. others too, but those I remember!

Petal, all prev c-section woman having twins are often done around 36/37wks, not sure why I am going 2 days b4 that tho. Didn't get to speak to consultant yest. Think they will be a good size by then, they are growing well!! Much to my poor back's dismay! but worth it. How is ds3 after his injection??

Lavenderlime
March 7th, 2012, 10:54 AM
CONGRATULATIONS MAYBE ON YOUR LITTLE BOY! XX

Well had bloods back today, they were taken on CD 20 as 21 was a Saturday. My progesterone levels came back as 24 which means I didn't ovulate (30 or above indicates ovulation has taken place) or I did but later than CD14. I suggested day 28 bloods as well as 21 for next cycle. But i'm going to book them tomorrow for this cycle too. my last day 21 tests came back as ovualting. So dr. thinks it could be a bit hit and miss, some months I ovulate some I don't! Great she didn't really suggest an action plan any further than more blood tests. Feel really bummed. So over TTC, swaying and this damn stupid diet errrghhhhh.

charlieispy
March 7th, 2012, 11:34 AM
CONGRATULATIONS maybe <3 hope you and your little man are doing well <3

I have been meaning to get on here more make an effort but it doesnt seem to be happening at the mo x thankyou for still thinking of me though - Lavender i have a couple of pairs of those trousers for indy and LOVE them great for cloth nappies too x

I thought i was feeling a little better - went to wells on saturday did us all a world of good to go - forgot how long the journey is but it was worth it. Then i went to a vintage fair on the sunday and it just messed up everything - full of beautiful vintage baby girl things and back down i went. DH birtday was yesterday i spent the morning trying to avoid him as i felt like crap, monday I lost it at work.....basically i dont know what to do anymore. The kids are getting it DH is getting it everyone is - i sat outside halfords yesterday after DH told me i had ruined his birthday sobbing i didnt even have anywhere i felt i could go at times i feel like if i went they would be better without me i am so distant from my own children and I cant seem to get round that - i resent them for being boys. For liking boy things and for me not having any understanding of them. Right now i am not a good mummy or wife or even coffee monkey. Sorry i didnt actually come on here to say any of this x just to catch up BLEURGH i need to find a cave to crawl into SORRY x x

Inglewood - wow 4 weeks cant believe you will have your twinnies so soon!! April is a good month for babies ours is packed with birthdays!

Babymad - huge hugs so sorry you are struggling not only with GD but with your health - cant the doctors help you at all?? Hope you are getting some help x x

Indigo - when is your next scan hun - did they offer you another one at the private place?

Pinga - hope you are ok x x

Chocolate - LOL your 3.5 yr old sounds like my nearly 4 yr old keep thinking he should be growing out of it but alas no! He has been a VERY hard toddler for me x hope the phase passes quickly for you x x

WAVES to everyone else x i am here am on FB a bit more just find it hard......i know other people cant help having girls but even photos of others peoples girls sends me down.......need to suck it up and move on but right now it isnt happening!

promise to try harder ladies x

charlieispy
March 7th, 2012, 11:35 AM
hugs hun x so sorry your bloods came back low x how long was your cycle? I have been here before i had ds2 I hope they help you and keep an eye on everything - any talk or more tests?

March 7th, 2012, 12:05 PM
:BabyBoy:Yay Congratulations Maybebaby on the birth of your beautiful baby boy!!! Welcome to the world little man :bluecheer:

zanacal
March 7th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Congratulations Maybe, what wonderful news! He was a good size too! I hope you're both doing well.

I'm sorry your results weren't good Lavender. Do you think they'll go down the Clomid route with you?

{hugs} Charlie. I wish there was something I could say or do to help.

littlemisswilko
March 7th, 2012, 01:30 PM
mabey! congrats on your little boy!!!!! so nice to hear everything went well xx

littlemisswilko
March 7th, 2012, 01:31 PM
lavender i hope doctor sorts something put for you! and soon!!

littlemisswilko
March 7th, 2012, 01:32 PM
charlie! im so glad to hear from you! i dont know what to say to make you feel any better but we are all here for you when you need us and i hope things get a bit better for you in time!

Kell
March 7th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Wooooohooooo congratulations maybe! And welcome to the world 'dave' hope mum and lil man are both doing well! :)

Lavender how frustrating, I hope the next set of bloods show you did infact ov but just a little later.

Charlie xxxxx wish I could help in some way, have you told your husband about the scan? Hope you can come to some peace soon (hugs)

deaks66
March 7th, 2012, 02:14 PM
CONGRATULATIONS MAYBE, SUCH WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! so lovely to hear you are in love...thats the most amazing feeling ever isnt it!!! Cant wait to see pics and find out the name! X

Charlie, so so sorry you are suffering hun. It WILL come right, just give yourself plenty of time. Before you know it, little man will be here, sending you head over heels in love like maybe and then all will be forgotten im sure of it!

So sorry ladies that i still havent managed to catch up properly. I miss being in touch properly and send you all lots of love in the mean time!

X

chocolate
March 7th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Congratulations Maybe, so glad your in love, makes me remember it all comes right in the end.

LavenderLime, I would ask about clomid too, research it and take info to back you up. Or ask for follicule tracking although youd need to go daily or every 2days to see whats happening around ovulation time.

Charlie - Big hugs, I know I havent had boy confirmed but there is no way my nub shots could be girl so am 100% sure its a boy. Ive had a bad few days, not sure its gender related, just feel down about my life in general atm. Not getting on with OH, he works all week so I have to work and see to boys all by myself as he isnt home till 11pm and goes to work before the kids are up, so by the weekend Im knackered and wanting him to take over with them a bit but all he does is moan about why should he have to bath them, and why do I make such a mess when I cook HIS dinner etc.
My OH's side and my brother and OH's sister just seem to exclude us from anything they all do together which makes me feel like crap, I dont have much time for seeing friends and then my kids show me up whilst out meeting them. Just feel a bit like Im always chasing my tail and just running out of enthusiasm. Its not directly about this one being a boy but I just KNOW I wouldnt feel like this if this was a girl as Id keep ploughing on.
Im a crap Mum too at the moment, and today, DS1 drew on the wall.

Hope you other ladies are having better days lol

chocolate
March 7th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Oh and my brother and his wife had their 2nd girl this am, I only wanted 1 of my own lol

Lavenderlime
March 7th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Charlie I'm so sorry you have been feeling this way. It's lovely to have you back on here, must really help to vent and off load. If your like me the worst thing about the situation is that it's beyond your control. It just takes time to feel better about things and it's hard when there isn't anything you can do to change the outcome. Massive hugs.

I'm really not sure what will happen next? I know I 100% didn't ovulate one cycle so far this year as it was only 14 days long. I'm on CD25 of a usaully 27 day cycle but if it goes to 34 days then there is a chance that I just ovulated later. I have been researching clomid and have read that it has strong links with increasing the risk of cancer so dr's will only prescribed it for up to 6m-1year in your lifetime of TTC. Maybe I could ask for the trigger injection and then go from there not that i've really researched that much. I'm just fed up. I don't know how people TTC for years on end. I just expected it to kind of happen quickly. Makes it even worse when your on the girl diet as that generally makes you feel a bit crap. Part of me is thinking I did this to myself through swaying but the other half knows that my cycyles have been a bit squiffy in the past year at times.

Maybe can't wait to see pictures.

Hopeanddream hope your doing better on the TTC front have you tested?

deaks66
March 7th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I don't know how people TTC for years on end. I just expected it to kind of happen quickly. Makes it even worse when your on the girl diet as that generally makes you feel a bit crap. Part of me is thinking I did this to myself through swaying but the other half knows that my cycyles have been a bit squiffy in the past year at times.

I can soooo empathise with that lavender! Its so hard to be on the diet and have wasted months! I hope it transpires that you are just having a long cycle with a delayed ov but if not i hope you manage to get a plan of action for next month. Do you temp?

deaks66
March 7th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Oh and my brother and his wife had their 2nd girl this am, I only wanted 1 of my own lol

Ar hun, its just not fair. I bet you anything though that your brother would have liked a son! Hugs

deaks66
March 7th, 2012, 03:10 PM
littlemiss, how are you? i see you are 16 weeks...are you having a gender scan or will you find out at 20 weeks?

Kell
March 7th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Lavender try looking up soy, I believe ins a natural clomid, I've seen a few girls have success with it on another forum.

chocolate
March 7th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Deaks my brother openly said he wanted a boy, they were told 'boy' at 16 weeks but girl at 20 weeks bless him, however, Im still jealous because obviously he had a preference but got over it easily. She said are you that disappointed that you want a 3rd and he said 'hell no' lol.

She said before she wasnt bothered about having a boy as she had got 'her girl' think by my facial reaction with my son in tow she could tell I was offended that my son didnt inspire her to have a boy lol

Sunset
March 7th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Charlie ~ I'm so sorry you're going through such a rough patch at the moment.. What I wouldn't do to be able to take all your pain away :( Just know that you don't ever have to apologise to us for how you're feeling! Don't ever feel you need to say the word 'sorry'. You can vent to us all you want! we are all too familiar with GD and that's what we're here for - to support each other through the hard times and the good times. I also think it's very important you know and feel you that you can always talk to us smog ladies. We are all here for you and we would never judge you! If you would like someone to talk to on the phone just know you can always drop me a private pm and i'll give you my number! Me and the other ladies are here for you 24/7! ((hugs))

Sunset
March 7th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Lavenderlime how frustrating for you :( i really dont have any words of advice i'm afraid.. fx you do ovulate next month and fall straight away!!

charlieispy
March 7th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Congratulations Maybe, so glad your in love, makes me remember it all comes right in the end.

LavenderLime, I would ask about clomid too, research it and take info to back you up. Or ask for follicule tracking although youd need to go daily or every 2days to see whats happening around ovulation time.

Charlie - Big hugs, I know I havent had boy confirmed but there is no way my nub shots could be girl so am 100% sure its a boy. Ive had a bad few days, not sure its gender related, just feel down about my life in general atm. Not getting on with OH, he works all week so I have to work and see to boys all by myself as he isnt home till 11pm and goes to work before the kids are up, so by the weekend Im knackered and wanting him to take over with them a bit but all he does is moan about why should he have to bath them, and why do I make such a mess when I cook HIS dinner etc.
My OH's side and my brother and OH's sister just seem to exclude us from anything they all do together which makes me feel like crap, I dont have much time for seeing friends and then my kids show me up whilst out meeting them. Just feel a bit like Im always chasing my tail and just running out of enthusiasm. Its not directly about this one being a boy but I just KNOW I wouldnt feel like this if this was a girl as Id keep ploughing on.
Im a crap Mum too at the moment, and today, DS1 drew on the wall.

Hope you other ladies are having better days lol

hun x i think you said it for me - if it was a girl it would be easier.....life sucks here too DH always working if he isnt i am i feel so alone even with my beautiful boys i just dont seem to be on the same level as ds1 and 2 x ds3 still is gender neutral he is a dream today after i wrote my me post i sobbed, then i went and had a bath with him - where he covered himself in chocolate face mask then dive bombed me for hugs....it was lovely i cried again but he made me smile he is so loving i just hope i find common ground with them all as they get older. HUGS for your brothers 2nd girl x none of my sisters have kids they will have girls though i know it as they are not fussed at all x

charlieispy
March 7th, 2012, 04:15 PM
thank you all your love means alot x i dont think i could do a phone call but thank you sunset - i would just sob and be a mess but thank you x i am going to try and get a phone call from the doctor tomorrow i think i am going to see if i can try anti depressants something i would never ever do normally not pregnant but i cant take much more - i want to try and get signed off work too they are being shit i have to stand for my entire shift 9hrs (bar 30min break) am meant to have extra breaks risk assessment - well monday the floor was covered in water due to a leak so super slippy and we only had 2 people for lunch cover i said i wouldnt work again if they didnt get more people in (we always normally have 3) well again i am running shift with 1 other person - screw them!!!

lavender - it could be just a random cycle they reckon most people dont o at least one or 2 months a year.....frustrating though HUGS i really hope next month you get a strong O and a BFP x x

charlieispy
March 7th, 2012, 04:19 PM
lavender - if you do get a longer cycle have you thought about temping - so you can pin point O?? I have taken clomid it is pretty horrid for me it works by kick starting my ovaries but i dont fall pregnant on it - only once but that was my MC this pregnancy - i took it one cycle fell the next x i O really late so you do have hope if it is just a late O my earliest O is cd20! This baby was a CD26 ovulation x anyway i hope you get some answers x soy is a natural clomid but i would maybe wait and see what happens next cycle as i have seen it mess up cycles too x

March 7th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Lavender Sorry you bloods came back neagative for O just wanted to offer a little reassurance, my cycles when TTC DD were all over the place, My DS3 was 8mths when AF came back and they were failry regular until I started the diet and supps, I think it was probably the vitex that knocked them out, however I had cycles that were very long with O at various diff times, I went to the docs had the same blood tests and mine came back negative for O to but not because I wasn't O'ing but because it was just too early in the cycle to detect it as I O'ed much later than 14 days!

You would think in this day and age a GP would ask questions about how long cycles were and if longer than you ave 14 days then test at diff points to try to identify O has taken place but they dont!!

Anyway I asked about clomid and was told that I would need to try for at least 6 mths and then be referred to Obs and gynae and then they would consider clomid so I knew that I couldn't wait that long.

I took Soy Isoflvannes while trying for dd as they are supposed to regulate O, some say they sway girl as they are supposed to decrease testosterone and some say they sway boy as they increase the ewcm you can have but for me I took a chance

Hope this helps!

indigoviolet
March 7th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Charlie and Chocolate ((hugs)), loads of love to you both. What you say is so familiar. I'm always thinking that everything would be easier if this was a girl at the moment everything a grind. Will write more tomorrow, so tired and off to bed.

Babymad
March 7th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Maybe ~ Many congrats on your little man :) so pleased all went well, hope you are enjoying all those newborn cuddles :) xx

Lavender ~ I hope your cycles get sorted soon, it is very hard being on the diet and not ttc, I had a couple of months like hat and it was very frustrating!!

Charlie ~ great to hear from you x I do understand how you are feeling, so always here. Does your DH know it's a boy? Have you spoken about how you feel? It is so hard and I truly know how you are feeling. Lots of love xx

Indigo ~ I'm doing ok, don't really ever get beyond ok but just getting on with it to be honest - what else can I do! I'm really not enjoying this pg for obvious reasons but also because I have been so poorly with one thing or another! It really is one thing after another but unfortunately there is nothing the docs can do. I'm still not sleeping as I spend all night coughing and struggling to breath, I've torn my stomach muscles from the coughing and I'm in agony with that so very fed up with it all. We've had a house full of sickness for the last two weeks so that's been really hard to deal with, I don't have any help with the kids apart from DH when he's here so it's been full on! Just feels like when you think nothing else can go wrong it does....Kwim!! Just trying to think it can only get better........

I have bought a few things for the baby, who still has no name! But I am still finding it hard to accept everything and just don't feel connected/ excited. It's like it's all a chore, I hate feeling this way :( As chocolate said everyday would be different if you knew it was a girl because what ever the problem you would be able to face it, I am constantly reminding myself what a different day I would have had if I knew I was having a girl.....

Its people's pity I can't bare, I always feel when I am out and about that people feel sorry for me because I have three boys....you wait for people's facial expressions when they realise they are all yours! And then they see I'm pg and I can tell they are thinking 'bet she wants a girl!' I feel like shouting 'it's another boy before you start!'
We were at the dentist after school today and I got the glares I normally do in the waiting room and then when we were leaving I saw a woman arrive with four girls and I just knew that the same people in the waiting room would be saying 'aren't they sweet!' Sorry I could rant all evening!

How are you doing? X Are you finding out?

Deaks ~ How are you feeling?

Battery going so better go....hi to everyone else xx

charlieispy
March 7th, 2012, 05:05 PM
oh babymad x huge hugs x i hope your muscles manage to heal soon!! With you on the pity stares and comments i am dreading the first day in the playground i dont know how i will cope with that x and yes no connection to this baby either - to me its like my life sentence of no daughter this baby is instead of my girl......i cant have anymore after this we dont have the money or room. I hope it will be easier once they are here - i keep looking at my ds3 pics and he was so gorgeous and still is although i am fully prepared for PND as well :S x hugs hun wish we could ALL have our girls as its not fair - why do some get lucky......

DH knows am petrified he has told people i dont want ANYONE To know i will probably kill him if he has!

HUGS ladies to all those who need them......bloody GD i Fing hate it x

oh and to top off my day a lady at surestart pregnant with her 3rd....she has 2 girls asked if i knew what i was having ...no .....neither did she but she said she didnt feel any pressure to have a boy she would be so happy with a 3rd girl.....yeah me too love but i got bloody boys :(

pinga
March 7th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Congratulations Maybe!!!!!! He's here!!!!! Hope you're enjoying lots of newborn cuddles... ahh they are so scrumptious when they arrive.

Lavender - how very annoying... hope it behaves for next attempt.

Charlie - good to hear from you but sorry you are still a bit of a mess. Don't feel guilty... and don't feel like a bad mum. You are a wonderful mum... you just need some time to focus on you. The boys will be fine and they know that you still love them. I think you should also ask about getting someone to talk to - a counsellor or something. It would really help you to let it out.

I was reading up some gender disappointment stuff and was reading some advice from someone who said "You might discover that many of the hopes you have pinned on having a daughter are still possible to achieve in parenting your boys. Gender is one thing, but children’s individual personalities are often far bigger factors. Enjoying and valuing each of your boys uniquely will put your feelings in perspective and help you to move on."
It made me realise a little that maybe one of my boys will be a sharer and a talker... one I share confidences with... I don't think they'll be into sewing or anything... but maybe they'll love photography or other creative things. When I feel sad (which is still a lot) I try to look at DH and think of all the things I love about him... he's my best friend... he's not always the biggest talker but he's so caring and passionate. And my Dad was one of the most amazing men I've ever met.

Just think we'll be able to get tonnes of big protective hugs from our boys when they are all grown up. And at least I don't have to watch stuff like Angelina Ballerina - hate that show!!
I know it only helps so much... but we must think about the positives otherwise we'll drown in the sad thoughts. Just writing this is making me cry...

Time to go and hug my boys xx

chocolate
March 8th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Charlie- hope the sun is shining in your area and your feeling better. Id def. look at your working hours, that will not help at all!

Babymad, big hugs, I have so many big up days but then down again, think the weather plays a part in this for me. Some days Im so positive and grateful and other days I feel the opposite. I used to read these self help books and keep a free online diary which helped as I could write all my thoughts down and it was a bit of a release.

I feel bad now; my brothers baby has some sort of mucus she keeps coughing up and is yellow so they are doing x rays etc. and maybe transferring her to a neo natal unit, Im hoping its just leftover mucus clearing but app. they thought it was quite serious but google isnt bring anything up really apart from the usual baby mucus etc. Made me feel bad for not being that interested. I said to my mum last night maybe my luck has run out after having 2 healthy boys so will wait for 20 week scan before really publicly announcing

littlemisswilko
March 8th, 2012, 07:47 AM
littlemiss, how are you? i see you are 16 weeks...are you having a gender scan or will you find out at 20 weeks?

i was going to find out at 16 weeks and i kept going on the site to book it and then at the end when i had to pay for it, i just couldnt click the book apointment tab. im just so scared to find out. im dreading it. at the moment im just happy in my little bubble and i dont want to hear something i dont want to. when i think about it, it makes me feel sick. i carnt bring myself to go public with it on fb as i dont think i can handle all the gender comments that will come with it and then i keep thinking to myself when will i go public?? if i leave it too long will ppl think ive been keeping it as a secret?

OH's mother and grand mother keep asking me when my 20 week scan is and i keep lying to them saying 'i havent had my appointment through yet but it will be sometime in april' just so happens i do have my scan date which is the beggining of april but i just dont want the pressure of them knowing im going etc. they keep asking are you going to find out what your having??? and i keep saying im not sure but i dont think so and thy reply with aww you have to find out, you did with the boys and its nice to know what your having so you can be ready for it. then his gran turned round and said you have to put us out of our misery! i was like misery???? you honestly dont know the meaning of the word!

apart from that im quite happy within myself at the moment and thats all that counts i guess. my own mam and sister asked me if i was finding out what im having at the 20 week scan (again they dont know when it is) but i dont really feel they put too much pressure on me! when i told them im not sure my sister did ask me how come and i told her i havent had a suprise yet and she said i suppose and she did say thats why i didnt want to find out with her 3rd boy so i do think she understands how i feel in a way.

Inglewood
March 8th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Morning all,

Sorry to hear many of you are feeling so low. Not sure what to say that hasn't been said already. Other than I send you all a hug and hope you feel better in time.

A old workmate of mine is terminally ill (she's 48), waiting on a call anyday to say she has passed away. So that's on my mind today :(

Not much to say, but can't go a day (if poss) without saying "hello" to u all. xx

Sunset
March 8th, 2012, 10:44 AM
i was going to find out at 16 weeks and i kept going on the site to book it and then at the end when i had to pay for it, i just couldnt click the book apointment tab. im just so scared to find out. im dreading it. at the moment im just happy in my little bubble and i dont want to hear something i dont want to. when i think about it, it makes me feel sick. i carnt bring myself to go public with it on fb as i dont think i can handle all the gender comments that will come with it and then i keep thinking to myself when will i go public?? if i leave it too long will ppl think ive been keeping it as a secret?

a friend of mine never actually announced her pregnancy on fb. she didnt keep it secret though so her closest friends knew she was pregnant, but she never bothered with the whole public announcement thing.
Do you think you will find out at 20 weeks? i know just how scary the gender scan was so you have my sympathy!

Sunset
March 8th, 2012, 10:47 AM
A old workmate of mine is terminally ill (she's 48), waiting on a call anyday to say she has passed away. So that's on my mind today :(

Oh no that's so terrible :( life can be so unfair!

Not much to say, but can't go a day (if poss) without saying "hello" to u all. xx

:agree: :HH:

auroara78
March 8th, 2012, 10:49 AM
chocolate, when is your next scan? i am so curious to find out if your baby is 100% boy or mabye will suprrise you as being a girl!

I really feel for you ladies experiencing GD...it's really tough

I think antidepressants woudl be helpful, Charlie...my old co worker took it during her entire pregnancy (she suffered with anxiety and other issues as well) and she had a healthy baby.

Babymad
March 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone :)

I too think GD sucks, so hugs to all of us who are having a rough time xx I really appreciate everyones support xx

I don't always get negative comments when out and about, I suppose when you are feeling low you always concentrate on the crap stuff happening! We went to Build a Bear last week-end to cheer us all up after being ill and the girl stuffing the bears was so kind and said how cute all my boys were.....so its not all bad and all the time :)

Everyone will be expecting me to have a boy as I have told people that I defo saw a willy so its very likely to be a boy.....cant bring myself to say I know its a boy but makes me feel better saying i saw a willy so that I don't get the girl comments as much.

I am excited about having a new born again as I love the baby bit so I am starting to get abit excited when I think about actually holding a baby in my arms again.....today seems to be a positive day.

The sadness and heart ache will never go I know that.....some days it hurts more than words can describe but I am trying thats all I can do.

Babymad
March 8th, 2012, 01:05 PM

OH's mother and grand mother keep asking me when my 20 week scan is and i keep lying to them saying 'i havent had my appointment through yet but it will be sometime in april' just so happens i do have my scan date which is the beggining of april but i just dont want the pressure of them knowing im going etc. they keep asking are you going to find out what your having??? and i keep saying im not sure but i dont think so and thy reply with aww you have to find out, you did with the boys and its nice to know what your having so you can be ready for it. then his gran turned round and said you have to put us out of our misery! i was like misery???? you honestly dont know the meaning of the word!

apart from that im quite happy within myself at the moment and thats all that counts i guess. my own mam and sister asked me if i was finding out what im having at the 20 week scan (again they dont know when it is) but i dont really feel they put too much pressure on me! when i told them im not sure my sister did ask me how come and i told her i havent had a suprise yet and she said i suppose and she did say thats why i didnt want to find out with her 3rd boy so i do think she understands how i feel in a way.

I agree the pressure from other people isn't nice at all.....so make sure you do what is best for you hun x

Babymad
March 8th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Morning all,

Sorry to hear many of you are feeling so low. Not sure what to say that hasn't been said already. Other than I send you all a hug and hope you feel better in time.

Hugs hun, that is really sad (()) x

Petal
March 8th, 2012, 03:37 PM
CONGRATS to maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awww little Dave, cant wait to see a pic :-))) hope you are doing well after the birth and are home now x x

Hi Charlie, thinking of you, roll on the next 20 weeks so you can hold that precious little boy :-)))

Omg, i hardly slept all last night, ds3 was up whinging all night, im so hoping it was just his injections he had yesterday and that tonight will be better, fingers crossed!!

We are going to playa de en bossa, have you been there Inglewood? cant wait :-)

Hugs all round ladies x x

Petal
March 8th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend Inglewood, thats terrible news, just so sad :-( thinking of you too x x

indigoviolet
March 8th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Night ladies, got to work tomorrow so early night.
Thanks pinga for those encouraging words, really need to keep hearing stuff like that now :HH:

charlie, babymad, chocolate ((hugs))
Love to everyone else, catch up properly tomorrow :HH:

Inglewood
March 8th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Hi ladies, still no phone call, so bless her, she must be holding on.... she has a young heart and that can keep people going longer. She will be missed. :(

Petal, no never been there! Been to San Antonio twice (once b4 kids, once pg with ds1!!) then port des torrent, then our last hol was 2010 to Es Cana. It's my fav of the Balearic islands, so beautiful. Love it!! so jealous... ds2 still remembers our hol and he was only 3, they talk about it all the time. xx

March 8th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Evening ladies lots of hugs to those feeling down today xxx

Kell
March 8th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Inglewood, so sad :( I hope her passing is a peaceful as possible. My aunt passed away 4 years ago she was only 42, it was so difficult watching her deteriourate (sp) after we found out she was ill.
Hugs xx

Inglewood
March 9th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Thanks Kell, sorry to hear about ur Aunt. So young. x

chocolate
March 9th, 2012, 07:05 AM
LMW - I havent announced on facebook yet, Im waiting till after the 20 week scan because I can then say its def. a boy so dont get all the 'be so nice if you get a girl next' blah blah blah, and also as Ive said to my friends I feel after 2 healthy boys with no problems maybe my luck will run out so want the anomaly scan before publicly announcing. Even then I may not post a pic etc. just make some random pregnancy comment etc.

Inglewood, what awful news, so sad!

My brothers newborn girl is all ok, bowel is all normal and they dont know what the yellow mucus and brown stuff in stomach was, on antibiotics just in case though, so thats a relief.

My scan isnt until something like the 20th April, Im also going to pay £200 for a private medical scan at 29 weeks as someone I know of had this and they picked up the placenta had a problem and was slowly failing so she had him early, I was going to pay £110 for a 3d one anyway so think the extra £90 for a detailed medical check is worth it. OH got a good bonus last month and now a company car so Im justifying the £90 against those bonus's lol

Inglewood
March 9th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Chocolate, I waited till my 20wk scan too! prob as it was 2 babies, needed the reassurance before I said on fb. Although my work and friends knew, I waited a while for fb. Bless ur neice, glad she is ok and hope antibiotics help? You will love ur scan, always good to see baby! You never know, think PINK! xx

:confused: Anyone recommend good baby monitors? I live in a bungalow, so will never be too far from babies, dh thinks we shouldn't bother because of this!!! MEN! Thinking no more than say £75?? The ones that baby lies on, sensor mats, I can't afford 2 of, so looking for just good monitors. I gave mine to my brother, who still uses them for his wee boy, so need to buy more (were needing replaced anway, had them since ds1 who is 10 this year!). Can't complain, they are giving me a car seat, baby swing and other stuff.

chocolate
March 9th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Ive got an angelcare sensor mat monitor, I think you can buy additional sensor pads and can be set up for twins, I think they are about £80 but maybe you could get the other pad 2nd hand?

Babymad
March 9th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Hi girls.....

Maybe ~ hope you and baby are doing well x
Chocolate ~ great to hear that your brothers little girl is ok x
Inglewood ~ have you tried looking on eBay, I use the sensor mat one and they are good. Remind me which supermarket you said did good nappies in bulk? Are you all sorted now for the girls arrival? Will DH be off work? All the Summer girl clothes that are coming in the shops are beautiful x
Charlie ~ how are you doing today?

Hi to everyone else :)

I've got DS1 off school today, when will all this sicknes end!!

littlemisswilko
March 9th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Do you think you will find out at 20 weeks? i know just how scary the gender scan was so you have my sympathy!

yea, i think i will deffinately be finding out but im totally dreading it! urghhh

littlemisswilko
March 9th, 2012, 09:46 AM
:confused: Anyone recommend good baby monitors? I live in a bungalow, so will never be too far from babies, dh thinks we shouldn't bother because of this!!! MEN! Thinking no more than say £75?? The ones that baby lies on, sensor mats, I can't afford 2 of, so looking for just good monitors. I gave mine to my brother, who still uses them for his wee boy, so need to buy more (were needing replaced anway, had them since ds1 who is 10 this year!). Can't complain, they are giving me a car seat, baby swing and other stuff.

i got this sensor mat and monitor

Tommee Tippee Sensor Mat Monitor for movement & sound complete | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tommee-Tippee-Sensor-Mat-Monitor-movement-sound-complete-/180834169124?pt=UK_Baby_BabyMonitors_SM&hash=item2a1a8e7124)

i got mine at a car boot sale the other week at a bargain of £15, id say its like new and works a treat! ive been watching a few on ebay and some have been going cheap so worth a look there

littlemisswilko
March 9th, 2012, 09:48 AM
chocolate - so nice to hear your brothers little girl is fine!

Sunset
March 9th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Inglewood ~ at the moment i use the angelcare sensor mat and before that i used the tommee tippee sensor mat and monitor. both are just as good in my opinion :agree: like littlemisswilko said you could probably pick them up quite cheap on ebay. but if you dont want a sensor mat/monitor i would suggest tommee tippee monitors without the sensor mat. I'm generally a fan of tommee tippee as you can tell lol :p

Littlemisswilko ~ when is your 20 week scan? :)

March 9th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Just popping in, hope things are well with maybe baby and the little man,

Hope you ladies are all well

Very busy weekend catch up soon x

maybebabythree
March 9th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Hello - only me! Sorry I have read any posts since Monday but here is my BA / BS.

I was induced as planned on Monday. I went into hospital very teary at 8:30 am and expressed my concerns about being induced and having a very quick and painful labour. The midwifes were so lovely and made me feel very safe and listened to my concerns. A doctor was called in to explain why I was offered an induction and how they planned to preform it (She had eight kids four sons followed by four girls! and a PHD - wow!). I was told that I could turn it down and go home and wait for labour to start. After my experience with pre eclampsia with ds1 I said that it wasn't really about my feelings at this point, but what was best for baby, so decided to go ahead. I was examined and not favourable for waters to be broken. Baby's head was free, I was not dilated cervix closed and long. So I had two pessary's over 12 hours and slept overnight in the delivery room for waters to be broken first thing in the morning. Luckily only one or two other women was on delivery Monday so I could stay in my room and the screaming background noise was minimal! At 8am the next day a doctor came in and I was examined and was told if I was favourable they would break my waters. I don't think I was favourable but I think they was reluctant to turn back at this point. My waters was broken without them asking me and it F*&KING hurt! Nothing had changed and I was only 1 cm dilated. I had a cry at this point! I had to take gas and air and by the time my husband turned up I was regretting the induction. We went for a long walk but my waters did not leak and I was in half a mind to go home by this point. When I got back to the room I was prepped for the drip. That went in about 11am and started at a very low dose at my request. It was turned up very slowly while they waited for the anaesthetist to come out from theatre and then adjust the position of another ladies epidural before doing mine. About 4pm my contractions were every four minutes and painful, but using breathing I just breathed through them. I knew if I started on gas and air I wouldn't be able to to stop. Also I really wanted the epidural and wanted to be 'with it' enough to keep asking for it. In the end about 6pm the anaesthetist came in and got my epidural (after waiting six hours for him to be free ) - I was over the moon! It started to work straight away - weird feeling but having no pain. About ten they asked me to start pushing which was weird as the epi had just been topped up and I couldn't feel the contractions. They held the monitor to my tummy and they also felt for my contractions and told me when to push. I tried a few positions and in the end the midwife suggested I lay on my back. Amazingly that did the trick and he was not very down before I lay on my back. As soon as I laid down I could feel him move down and he was born soon after. Amazing birth and I wish I had known all this when I had my first and second baby. I had absolutely no pain for the pushing or stitches at all.

I only got discharged today so been in hospital for five days!! Everyone at the hospital was so so lovely I felt so safe in their care.

Baby has no name yet (long story) weighed 8lbs 3oz (ds1was 5 6 and ds2 6 8 so this is a big baby for me!). I feel VERY emotional and just want to cry but not sure why. I always get like this as my milk comes in.

The bottom line is that I LOVED the birth. I am totally in love with this adorable little boy. I can't explain how much he means to me. After all the trails and pain to get pg he is my miricle. Worth every tear shed trying for him. I would not swop him for a girl if she came with a 100 million pounds thrown in as well. I think I am always going to be broody. But right now I can only think about him. Maybe down the line I will have another as it breaks my heart to think I never be pg again or give birth - never say never! But girl or boy at the end of the day means nothing when they put that slimey wet purple screaming little bundle on your chest. That love is unconditional.

maybebabythree
March 9th, 2012, 08:40 PM
After that mamoth post if anyone has Tueday paper they can forward onto me in heir recycling can you pm me if you would be willing to post it to me? Forgot to buy one - ooppppsssseeee!

March 10th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Maybe so good to have you back, oh how I crave those new born snuggles Enjoy your precious little miracle, cant wait to hear his name and see a pic !! xx

zanacal
March 10th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Wonderful post maybe, glad to hear everything went well :D

Lassie1982
March 10th, 2012, 04:23 AM
hi Girls, ive not been in this thread, but the title intrigues me, what is a SMOG ?

Kell
March 10th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Awww maybe what an amazing experience, I am so pleased it went to well after your worry!
What a lovely post! So good to hear your totally in love with 'dave' :)
Enjoy your cuddles!!

Lassie smog means smug mum of girls, I believe it's a phrase from a book but not sure exactly where it came from.

Sunset
March 10th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Maybebaby ~ I'm sat here sobbing my eyes out! what a lovely post! i am so so happy for you! big congrats hun! I'm so happy to hear the birth went great and that you feel so pleased with your birth experience as we all know how worried you were beforehand. I know exactly what you mean as I had 2 hippy births previously to Serena and that epidural is just a heaven sent! it makes the whole second stage of labour so amazing as you're so "with it" when your baby is born instead of screaming and cursing in pain to get the baby out :)
enjoy the babymoon and well done for pushing out such a good size baby, i don't think i could ever do it :P
cant wait to hear what you decide to name him and also see some pictures of your miracle baby :) congrats again!

maybebabythree
March 10th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Just after he was born

looking more awake

Kell
March 10th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Omg look at how gorgeous he maybe! Just beautiful! Congratulations :)

Sunset
March 10th, 2012, 09:29 AM
awww he's so beautiful! just look at those cute cheeks! :D

Kell
March 10th, 2012, 10:22 AM
How's everyone's weekend going?

Ours has been good but I'm shattered! The boys were up until really late last night they just wouldn't fall asleep no idea why! And then oh's son was up at the crack of dawn waking ds2 on the way do that was the whole house up then! We are a bit zombiefied! We brought them a brilliant kite from Costco, shaped like a fighter jet, went to a big green area and we all ran around like nut cases to get it up in the air lol! Silly me got involved as well, was lots of fun then but I paying for it in achie hips now!

Thinking about having a take away as just can't be bothered to cook!

Maybe again what lovely pictures! Charlie and tommy were both 8lb2 and 8lb 3 so I don't know any different! I love it when they are little chunky boys!

maybebabythree
March 10th, 2012, 10:34 AM
isn't he scrummy??? oh i just want to kiss him and hug him all the time. He is the spit of ds2 but just a fatter version, his checks are like ping pong balls! I am 37 and have a wooper baby and my placenta was massive! yet at 29 i gave birth to a weakly string bean of a baby (will post his birth pic later to compair). How does that happen?

Dave hasn't wee'd today and is as orange as a satsuma and no sign of a midwife to check him or my bp dispite being on bp meds still. Might be back in hospital at this rate!

Charlie and babymad - breaks my heart reading your posts. I know Dave is only my third but all my gd feelings for him feel like there someone elses feelings now. The only thing I feel sad about is knowing I will never ever feel those little kicks and turns inside my tummy or having a wet newborn placed on my chest ever again. You have to find something great to cling onto in this storm. For me (struggling with no more baby - I get terrible hormonal baby blues when my milk comes in and want to be pg asap). I have to remember that I didn't get pg to feel kicks and be in labour, give birth and have that newborn moment where you feel like you are the most amazing person alive. I got pg because I wanted another child. I wanted to watch it grow, take its first steps, see its first smile, hear its first word, first day at school. I wanted to see it grow into a adult and make me proud. To lie on my death bed, look back at my life, remember those moments and think my kids made my life worthwhile, made my hands and life happy and full. Thats what counts at the end of the day. You will not be sitting in front of the tv in nursing home aged 90 thinking 'oh I never got to buy that pretty dress and plait hair'. You will be thinking of your sons first step, first smile, graduation, wedding day, your grand children and think 'I made that'.

zanacal
March 10th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Aww, he's beautiful!

Babymad
March 10th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Maybe, so pleased everything went well and you must be so pleased to be home :) what do his brothers think to him?
Great birthing story! And you are right nothing beats that little baby being placed on your chest x
Baby Dave is beautiful and a lovely size :) Enjoy those kisses and cuddles xx

Sunset
March 10th, 2012, 02:32 PM
You will be thinking of your sons first step, first smile, graduation, wedding day, your grand children and think 'I made that'.

.... and i'm sobbing my heart out again :) beautifully said and very true!

nuthinbutpink
March 10th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Congratulations, maybe!

indigoviolet
March 10th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Maybe- lovely to hear from you and your wonderful post, makes me think a third boy will be wonderful! LOVING the pics of your gorgeous baby, he is just too cute!!! :HH: cannot wait to meet him!

dinner ready so have to dash but just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone and hoping you are all having good weekends. Lots of love to all :awe:

March 10th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Maybe you said it perfectly !!! Your little man is adorable certainly not helping my broodieness!! He is so gorgeous!!

xxx

HopeandDreamG
March 10th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Maybe~ He is beyond beautiful!! I just want to hold him!!! Your posts have been wonderful to read. I got completely choked up reading your birth story! Congrats. :HH:

Kell
March 11th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Well today is the first day I've woken up and got dressed and thought awe you actually look pregnant and not just fat! Whoop whoop lol

maybebabythree
March 11th, 2012, 03:25 PM
What a week. Midwife came in the end. I ended up back in hospital as bp 155/96! My midwife said I am a great mum, make beautiful babies but I just can't do pregnancy and post natal. I think she is right. Got to hospital at 6pm and left at 2am!

Unfortunatly had some scary news as ds2 has a really deep dimple just above his bum. Dave also has this but didn't notice at hospital just how deep it is. Mentioned it to the midwife yesterday and she couldn't see the end of it. Its a form of spina bifida which can be just that the skin hasn't closed over and not nessarly as bad as the spine closing up. The midwife said as both boys have it I need to bear this in mind and have more detailed scans with a another baby. Any kids the boys have will also need this testing. Two peaditritions checked him at the hospital and they are fairly sure it has a end and isn't open to his spine. Dave has a scan booked to check there is no effect on his spine. I have been told that if he was disabled he would not be pee'ing and poo'ing or moving legs at all. I am scared but not going to entertain any bad thoughts. I have a biology degree so I know how spina bifida happens, I want to know more details but am terrified of googling it. I didn't think it was genetic? I took lots of folic acid for two years before falling pg with Dave and one year with ds1. Can't understand how has happened?

Any way thought I would update. Want to talk about it but only my sister and bf know. I am doing really well. Hoping its nothing and carrying on enjoying my baby. Hope you had lovely weekends x

DH said no more kids as he is scared of seeing me getting so ill with my bp. It doesn't boover me as I have fortunatly got over it and the babies have been ok, but like someone said on here the other day - maybe my luck would run out if I had another.

Kell
March 11th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Gosh maybe how scary for you and dave,
Just had a quick look on nhs website, it says spina bifida can be because of environmental, nutritional or genetic factors. There is no way to explain how it happens, but if you have one child with it, your odds increase when having another child.

My uncle has it quite mildly thankfully, he is fine, he did walk late but it's not effected him, I hope dave isn't effected by it x

Hope your bp behaves and you manage to stay out of hospital!

Today I've been some kinda super woman! Been out and cleared the garden it was a state, then painted my bathroom, nesting much lol! By the time lily arrives I want to have painted the hall stairs and landing the livingroom and the kids room, we shall see as I'm sure I'll suffer tomorrow and might get put off lol!

maybebabythree
March 11th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks kell that's good to know. Ds2 was late to walk as well but never linked the two until now. Hopefully it will no effect on his life. It's just a name for a condition at the end of the day I guess. Love the name Lilly x

Inglewood
March 12th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Maybe, he is gorgeous, super cute!!!!! I've had two 'chunky monkey's' (as I used to call them) and he's so sweet. Love his stripey sleepsuit! Sorry to hear about the possible Spina Bifida, but as u say, it's just a name for a condition and Kell is right, many people have it and it doesn't affect their lives one bit. I wish too I could get a wee hold of him for a cuddle, thank god I'm pg or I'd be super super broody after seeing him!!

Inglewood
March 12th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Hi all, didn't get on yest, had my mum here helping tidy and 'prepare' for babies....3 WEEKS TOMORROW!!!! EEK!

My boys having a rough time at school, felt sorry for both of them this morning going to school. Friday my workmate died :( was just taking that in (even though it was expected) when I got a call from the school about ds1 (he's my good boy, so wondered what it was???). Turns out he's been upset having no other boys in his class and it's finally taken it's toll on him at school. I knew all this, but appreciated the teacher filling me in and she's gonna make a 'topic' on the importance of friendships old and new and get him to write a diary of who he played with that day and how he felt. He does play with other kids, but is shy and doesn't really know where his 'place' is, where to fit in either with the class above or below him. Makes me feel terrible for deciding to stay here and not move, but financially we have no choice at the moment. So Fx he puts himself out there a bit more and makes new friends. Teacher said he's a very well liked boy by everyone and if he had more confidence in himself he would be ok.

Ds2 has had 2 kids 'strangle' him last week a boy (on tues) and a girl and I spoke to the playround staff about the boy, but the girl did it on fri, so I'll be going to the school later to speak to them as Dh took them today and I'm better dealing with these things, Dh would go 'mental'.... Ds2 says the boy won't let him play with the other boys and he tried to find ds1, but being 4yrs apart they aren't allowed to play in same area. The girl that did it, her mum is always moaning to other parents about her 'precious' daughter etc not getting this or that and would be the first to come to me, so I hope I see her later. Watch out...HORMONES!!!! lol But it's not on, is it? Ds2 can be a 'storyteller' but he promises me they did do it and I can't ignore even the 'possibility' of another kid having their hands round his neck!!! The joys!

Babymad, you had asked about baby things. I have got everything now (inc 1000 nappies, no joke!!!) and have saw alot of nice summer clothes, but bought alot in the sales that I'll wait and see what I get as gifts before I buy anymore as so many people have told me they have got some clothes already for them. Some of the nappies I got were an offer in sanisbury's a while back, but my friend recommends Amazon for bulk nappies! and my SIL uses nappies from Kiddicare, both free home delivery over a certain amount and the kiddicare take back what u don't use if u wanted to return (but who would?) I have nappies from huggies, pampers, tesco, asda, sainsbury's and morrisons.... will see what's best! Hoping the cheaper supermarket ones are ok as they are cheaper and I've always been a pampers and huggies mum, but with 2 to buy for!

Off to tidy, although my back has had it!!

Hope ur all well and had a good weekend with ur families??? Sorry that was a 'about me' rant, but feels good to get it off my chest. x

Kell
March 12th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Oh bless your poor boys, I'd definatly be speaking to the school and mum about ds2! And I hope ds1 comes out of his shell a little bit soon!
On a moving note, I'm not sure if it's in Scotland as well but it's worth a look I suppose, the government have introduced a scheme called new buy, where you only need 5% deposit for a new build home. I'm not sure if it's all builders or just some that are involved but it's something we are looking at, If we can do this it will be better for us than the loft conversion.

So sorry to hear of your friends passing, even expecting it makes it no easier! Hugs x

Omg the girls will be here in 3 weeks! :D

littlemisswilko
March 12th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Littlemisswilko ~ when is your 20 week scan? :)

my 20 weeks scan is the 4th april, think its the day after inglewoods section date or the same (not quite sure) urghhh. i will be getting my section date at that appointment too.

littlemisswilko
March 12th, 2012, 11:25 AM
maybe - your boy is adorable! just love newborn snuggles. so nice to read your posts!! im sure he will be okay so try not to worry to much!!!

Inglewood
March 12th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Kell, not heard of that here! Too late now anyway, have got the bank loan and Dh has got a roofer etc lined up... but thanks for mentioning it!!

LMW, wow, it's the day after and I won't be able to see how ur scan goes till I get home!! Don't have an i-phone/ Android phone, just a plain old boring one, waiting for an upgrade soon. Dh will update my Fb status, but hasn't a clue how to upload pics from his phone or the camera onto fb, so I'm afraid no pics till I get home :( unless I can suss out his phone a bit better!! if I have time.....lol

littlemisswilko
March 12th, 2012, 12:55 PM
aww inglewood you will leave us all in suspense!!! i love the 48 hrs there routinely keep you in for! just so nice to spend that quality time with the bubba on your own! i carnt wait!

zanacal
March 12th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend Inglewood x

Sorry your boys are having a rough time too, the playground 'stuff' can be so upsetting. DS1 in particular is always coming home with something horrible somebody's said or done and it's sometimes hard to know when to intervene. Strangling is definitely one of those times though!

Lol at your nappy collection - you won't need to buy any for a while then?! We've always used Tesco and found them better than other brands. I compared them in cost to Kiddicare and they worked out cheaper too. 3 weeks - eek!

deaks66
March 12th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Oh maybe, your brand new little dave is simply GORGEOUS! So wish i could have a cuddle! And what an amazing birth story.... if only we had the hindsight of our other babies before we made our number 1's!! So glad all is well, i cant wait to have that new in love feeling again :) Sorry though to hear about the spina bifida... will be hoping all is ok and like many conditions there are often very mild forms that barely affect people at all.

Sorry ladies i feel like im being absent at the mo. Partly rediculously busy and struggling to keep up with posts and partly trying to keep my mind of gender etc

Hope you are all well. Charlie, babymad, pinga, chocolate im always thinking of you and hoping every day getting easier.

Inglewood, cant believe only 3 weeks to go! So very exciting! Sorry to hear about your friend though.

Much love to all! X

pinga
March 12th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Awww maybe - he is simply beautiful!!!! :) Try not to worry too much... easier said than done though isn't it!! Do you have to wait long for the scan?

Inglewood - sorry to hear about your friend. Even if you know it is coming... it is never easy to deal with... x
I just can't believe you will be holding TWO little bundles in 3 weeks! It seems so soon! Have you got any help? My SIL had twins 3 years ago and in the early days a lady used to come in one morning a week and just help out with things around the house. I think it was through her local council (shes in Surrey). I think it used to be a lifesaver for her.. her parents live a long way away.

DH let out some of his GD yesterday!! I was saying how his Nan goes particularly gooey over a friends baby girl but isn't as gooey over our boys and I feel a bit hurt by that... and was making jokes about all his siblings having only girls (none of them are near having kids yet). Have to make jokes... its a way of coping. DH wouldn't look at me and said that he didn't want to talk about it... "its not funny its just really depressing. I'm trying not to be negative." Its just strange to see the GD so clearly from DH... feel alone in the GD sometimes... but I guess not!

Sunset
March 13th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Hi ladies, hope you're all doing ok! :)
Ds2 is poorly with a high temperature again.. it's always someone who is under the weather when you have kids :( at the moment i'm busy doing a "spring clean", sorting through the boys toys and generally getting everything sorted around the house.
just wanted to pop in and say hi!
inglewood can't believe that you've only got 3 weeks to go :D exciting!

indigoviolet
March 13th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Morning girls, hope you are all ok and having good weeks.
I'm getting worried about how I'll cope with 3, at least I have a few more months to get my head round the idea. I just love my sleep too much and get SO grumpy when I don't have enough.

Maybe- has dh got a couple of weeks off for paternity leave? You will have to let me know when you start doing the school run again so I can keep a look out for you, can't wait to meet baby Dave. Have you decided on a name yet?

Inglewood- sorry to hear about your friend.

sunset- hope the sickness clears up soon, sounds like our house, non-stop sickness, it gets so boring!

Inglewood
March 13th, 2012, 06:02 AM
LMW, with ds1 I was in 4 days and 3 with ds2, hoping for 3 days this time too as the boys are off on easter hols from school, so a few days to get my head round 2 babies might make me more sane!

Z, Thanks, tried to see someone this morning about ds2 and couldn't, but going to school later with recycling stuff they are collecting, so hope to see someone then. It's parents eve for ds1 tonight and can't really speak to anyone then. My nappy collection is impressive, u should see it!! I reckon though it's about 3mths supply!! OMG! need a bank loan to keep them going!! My SIL uses Tesco's and swears by them, so hoping they are ok and I can use them, although my mum been picking up nappies from everywhere!! lol

Thanks for your kind words about my work friend, so sad for her family losing someone so young. Funeral next week.

Hi Deaks, hope ur keeping well? a busy lady!! x

Sunset, this time of year you think the kids will pick up less bugs and when u think you have got rid of 1 there is always another to take over! The boys have had bad colds followed by terrible chesty night coughs!

Inglewood
March 13th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Morning girls, hope you are all ok and having good weeks.
I'm getting worried about how I'll cope with 3, at least I have a few more months to get my head round the idea. I just love my sleep too much and get SO grumpy when I don't have enough.

Me too!! Working nightshift I've missed alot of sleep over the years, so hoping that helps with 2 babies!! Although bet I look 60 when I'm 40! Can't believe I am jumping 2-4 kids with no number 3 in-between. Dh and I just getting used to full nights sleep and fewer early rises.....and here we go again!!!! x

Inglewood
March 13th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Awww maybe - he is simply beautiful!!!! :) Try not to worry too much... easier said than done though isn't it!! Do you have to wait long for the scan?

Inglewood - sorry to hear about your friend. Even if you know it is coming... it is never easy to deal with... x
I just can't believe you will be holding TWO little bundles in 3 weeks! It seems so soon! Have you got any help? My SIL had twins 3 years ago and in the early days a lady used to come in one morning a week and just help out with things around the house. I think it was through her local council (shes in Surrey). I think it used to be a lifesaver for her.. her parents live a long way away.

DH let out some of his GD yesterday!! I was saying how his Nan goes particularly gooey over a friends baby girl but isn't as gooey over our boys and I feel a bit hurt by that... and was making jokes about all his siblings having only girls (none of them are near having kids yet). Have to make jokes... its a way of coping. DH wouldn't look at me and said that he didn't want to talk about it... "its not funny its just really depressing. I'm trying not to be negative." Its just strange to see the GD so clearly from DH... feel alone in the GD sometimes... but I guess not!

That's unfair of his nan and un-called for. Your right, we prob don't think about our men folks with regards to GD. My Dh always wanted boys and wasn't fussed for a girl and openly admitted that to me when I suggested swaying. Now he's delighted, but admits he's a bit anxious about girls, esp 2. But I know many of you have partners who were just as keen as you to have girl, whether or not they spoke much about it? and comments like ur dh's nan is nasty. Did she have girls and boys?

I would be entilted to help if ds2 was not at school, but since he is I won't get help with twins. A girl at work did, but she had 2 already under 5!! eek! Dh has 6wks off work to help and with my mum local I'm very fortunate.

pinga
March 13th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Inglewood - I think DH (like me) has always wanted a girl. I think he was hoping that DS1 was a girl. His Nan just had 2 girls... Then her oldest daughter (my MIL) had BGBBB and her second daughter had GB. Ah well - I just have to try and ignore it.

Shame you aren't entitled to help. Not sure why my SIL got help as they were her only children - I think the lady was a volunteer.

We're coming into autumn - hurray!!! But its 30 for the next 2 days and 22 overnight (booooo). This pregnant lady is getting very HOT overnight.... I keep flinging all the covers off even when its not particularly warm. I don't know how people do pregnancy in crazy hot countries!

Anyhews - hope all is going well with everyone... bubbas been kicking up a storm tonight :D its really one of the most magical parts of being pregnant.

night night - I'm off to bed...

Inglewood
March 13th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Inglewood - I think DH (like me) has always wanted a girl. I think he was hoping that DS1 was a girl. His Nan just had 2 girls... Then her oldest daughter (my MIL) had BGBBB and her second daughter had GB. Ah well - I just have to try and ignore it.

Shame you aren't entitled to help. Not sure why my SIL got help as they were her only children - I think the lady was a volunteer.

We're coming into autumn - hurray!!! But its 30 for the next 2 days and 22 overnight (booooo). This pregnant lady is getting very HOT overnight.... I keep flinging all the covers off even when its not particularly warm. I don't know how people do pregnancy in crazy hot countries!

Anyhews - hope all is going well with everyone... bubbas been kicking up a storm tonight :D its really one of the most magical parts of being pregnant.

night night - I'm off to bed...

I always assumed I'd have GB or BG as I come from a family of mixed genders. Dh and I were the only ones to have same sex families until my brother had his 2nd boy 18mths ago. But on Dh's side with his siblings it's BG, GB, BBG (2 boys are not my BIL's). Even Dh comes from a GBGB and my mum a BGBG, my dad was from 3 girls and 4 boys so I couldn't believe I had 2 boys, like I said just assumed I'd have 1 of each, but wasn't to be. I really really had to talk Dh into a 3rd baby and although he did say a girl would be nice, he didn't mind either way. So to have 4 kids I feel like I have put TONS on extra presure on him, when he was happy with the 2 kids. I do feel very very lucky they are girls (FX they are when they get here) because twin boys would of been so very hard for me to accept. The shock of 'twins' has been made a bit easier by them being girls. I hope one day you and ur Dh do have ur girl, I feel so guilty having 2 girls when all you ladies want is 1, it's on my mind alot.

I feel the heat here at night, usually I'm wrapped up!! and it's cold here, very!!!! Must be our build in hot water bottles!!! Lovely to feel kicks,not so good when it's an aerobic workout our babies are doing!!! ouch!

Inglewood
March 13th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Anyone ever take low strength Co-codamol in 3rd trimester? My back is REALLY bad and I read it can cause breathing prob's with baby?? Wondering if I should call Gp and see if it can be prescribed?

littlemisswilko
March 13th, 2012, 10:48 AM
it should be okay inglewood! the dr perscribed me the high strength ones (30/500) after i had the car accident to help me go to sleep. he told me to take 2 before bed but i only took one as i was scared to take 2. even 1 makes me go dizzy and light headed.

zanacal
March 13th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I can't go near codeine, it sends me completely off my face :D Sorry, I don't know if it's ok or not x

charlieispy
March 13th, 2012, 03:24 PM
maybe - i just wanted to a) GORGEOUS GORGEOUS bubby boy, b) your beautiful post it so true and i know you are right and c) ds1 & 3 have the dimple you write about - ds1 is a deep one, ds2 has a Y bum as in his bum crack splits in 2 both are signs of spina bifida but none of my boys have it if that makes sense x I just wanted to give you some reassurance that it can be sign but not it x also ds2 had enlarged ventricles in his brain another sign of SB but is a perfectly healthy boy. Sounds like 'dave' is too but I know it is still worrying i hope all the tests come back 100% healthy x x

Inglewood
March 13th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I can't take the 30/500 as like Z it sends me loopy!! The 8/500 I can only take half the daily dose or I can't go to the loo!! (sorry if tmi). But wondered if I took maybe 2 a day when I am at my worst pain if that would be ok. A friend took 8 x8/500 a day from 30 until 38wks pg then told to cut back b4 baby was born as it can make them sleepy. I plan to only take maybe 2-4 tabs a day. Got doc appt for thurs, so will see then. Thanks!! x

charlieispy
March 13th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Anyone ever take low strength Co-codamol in 3rd trimester? My back is REALLY bad and I read it can cause breathing prob's with baby?? Wondering if I should call Gp and see if it can be prescribed?

I was advised not to take them in 3rd trimester as it can affect babies breathing when born x would be worth asking your doctor or pharmacist x

charlieispy
March 13th, 2012, 03:32 PM
soz havnt been on ladies x busy and mental lol x

been signed off work with pregnancy exhaustion - blood tests booked and fast track referral to councilling so FX i will get an appointment ASAP x my doctor is brill when i can see her but cant prescribe me anything as its pretty much NO GO when pregnant now x i dont normally take pills non pregnant so you can see how crap i am feeling at the mo x i have so much to catch up on x miss you ladies x

who has scans soon?? Indigo when is your 20wk one x we have one booked for 10th april just hope we can pay for it as DH overtime has been cut completely and its ds2 birthday mine and ds1 birthday coming up.....i can go without and the boys havnt asked for much but still x will be eating beans anyway with those!

chocolate
March 13th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to say hi and Ive been trying to catch up.

Charlie - glad you've been signed off, hope it helps and you start to feel better soon.

Ive been having really good days but then a few bad days, not really gender related, but of course I find a way to blame it back to being gender/male related.
DS1 had a lovely tantrum whilst out earlier in front of friends, 1 of whom I really like but she is just so judgemental. Just having a day of feeling a bit deflated and not particularly enjoying my life or where its heading, doing the dogs body work while OH gets to bugger off and focus on his high flying career and gets a nice £15k company car and of course Im raising 'his' prize 'boys' and getting the brunt of their bad behaviour. Sorry just a crap day today but I know I have a lot to be grateful for, boys are just giving me hard time with tantrums and demands and waking me in the night and early and dealing with it all alone, and work blah blah. Really hope tomorrow is better!

Maybe - my friends baby had a dimple but turned out it wasn't s.bifida, don't know much about it but all scary stuff but like you said he is poo'ing and waving legs so hope all is well xx

Inglewood, big hugs, hope you feel better soon xx

Talking about bg etc. its funny because on my dads side only the people who have PCOS like me, running in them, even if they are a male PCOS carrier, we all have boys. My aunty had PCOS and had 2 boys who each had 2 boys. My other aunty doesnt have PCOS but had a girl. My brother has no PCOS signs and has 2 girls. Not suprised there!

Babymad
March 14th, 2012, 05:42 AM

Im taking co-codamol at the mo, have been for a couple of weeks to help with the pain of pulling my muscles in my stomach from coughing. I'm in the third trimester and the gp never mentioned to me about any probs with the baby!?
Let me know what they say x

Babymad
March 14th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Hi girls....

How is everyone?

Sunset ~ hope your little man is better soon x
Deaks ~ lovely to hear from you, how's your pg going? Are you feeling ok?
Maybe ~ have you got a name yet for your little man?
Charlie ~ pleased you've been signed off work and I hope the counselling helps x

Sorry forgot the othe posts already.....!!

My DH has never had a longing for a girl and we haven't really spoke properly about this baby being a boy yet, he's just accepted it and it it doesn't bother him that he will never have a daughter, I suppose that's why GD can be such a lonely place :(

We've had an awful 4 weeks of constant illness at our house, it really has been never ending! I haven't slept properly for such a long time that I can't stand up without feeling like I'm going to collapse - I am so run down and tired I really do feel very low at the mo :(

We are going away this weekend so I'm hoping I can get some rest then.

How is everyone's attempts going?

Any scans coming up?

Inglewood ~ I am so excited for you - cant wait to see your little girls :)

I watched a thing on GMTV this morning whilst getting ready for school run and it was abut women who have lifelike babies made to order and treat them like real babies - three women were sat there holding theses dolls and it was abit strange but I did get it too. One women said she had four boys and always a girl so it gave her a chance to have a girl and dress her in girls clothes.......I thought god that will be me next!! I feel like I'm going mad so wouldn't surprise me!!

Babymad
March 14th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Hi everyone, just wanted to say hi and Ive been trying to catch up.

Charlie - glad you've been signed off, hope it helps and you start to feel better soon.

Ive been having really good days but then a few bad days, not really gender related, but of course I find a way to blame it back to being gender/male related.
DS1 had a lovely tantrum whilst out earlier in front of friends, 1 of whom I really like but she is just so judgemental. Just having a day of feeling a bit deflated and not particularly enjoying my life or where its heading, doing the dogs body work while OH gets to bugger off and focus on his high flying career and gets a nice £15k company car and of course Im raising 'his' prize 'boys' and getting the brunt of their bad behaviour. Sorry just a crap day today but I know I have a lot to be grateful for, boys are just giving me hard time with tantrums and demands and waking me in the night and early and dealing with it all alone, and work blah blah. Really hope tomorrow is better!

Maybe - my friends baby had a dimple but turned out it wasn't s.bifida, don't know much about it but all scary stuff but like you said he is poo'ing and waving legs so hope all is well xx

Inglewood, big hugs, hope you feel better soon xx

Talking about bg etc. its funny because on my dads side only the people who have PCOS like me, running in them, even if they are a male PCOS carrier, we all have boys. My aunty had PCOS and had 2 boys who each had 2 boys. My other aunty doesnt have PCOS but had a girl. My brother has no PCOS signs and has 2 girls. Not suprised there!

Hugs Hun - I totally understand how you feel. My DH has a great relationship with 'his boys' and is very sporty and loves all the boys stuff they do together- it hurts that he never thinks about how it all makes me feel. I can't be bothered to talk about how I feel anymore. I just think if you can't be bothered to ask then why I should I even go there!!
I hope you have a better day today x

Inglewood
March 14th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Babymad, sorry to hear you don't feel you can talk to Dh about how you feel. My Dh isn't a 'Listener' and wouldn't even ask either, alot of men don't get it as they have their boys. Hope ur feeling better? your having a rotten time health wise. I will see the doc tom about the codiene, let u know. I asked 2 mums at school I know that took it and 1 of them said they don't like to give it from 38wks, as it makes for sleepy babies, but you have to way up your pain and how you feel. They might just let me take it as required, not 4 times a day. That would help! x

Chocolate, sorry ur having a rough time too. How old are ur boys again?? Men are selfish at time (not all of them I suppose) but they all have their moments!! Maybe you need to sit him down and be honest about the pressure ur under and how u feel? Would he listen? x

Charlie, glad to hear ur taking time out for yourself....work will always be there and you get no thanks for going in when ur not well, so take it easy and enjoy the time at home more. x

Inglewood
March 14th, 2012, 07:38 AM
:shrug: What to do????? Had a DISASTER yest! My friend gave me a M&P twin buggy months ago that I was planning to use with the babies, not what I'd of chosen but as they say 'beggars can't be choosers' my mum came over to help clean it and we found mould and damp on it!! The basket is ripped at the bottom too. My friend did say it was in her outhouse, but when she 1st brought it, it looked ok, but the mould is 'hiding' so to speak, not really obvious, but we cleaned and scrubbed it and it smells!

So my mum offered to help out with a second hand one we saw on ebay, nearly new, what I'd of chosen new and I was to go and see it later, just got an email...IT'S SOLD!!!:SS: Can't afford a new one at £300 (at least) babies here in less than 3 wks and NO pram!! Still no CAR!! and the loft conversion stuff is doing my head in....on top of that,my house is a disaster and I really want my cot up and stuff ready for babies. Feeling stressed, sore and just want a magic wand to sort out my house, get me car and a new pram!!

Anyone know where to look for cheap prams?? Looked Preloved, Gumtree, ebay. Need to buy a local paper.

chocolate
March 14th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Hey Inglewood, try netmums for sale local boards, bet youll get one there in time! Or pre loved.

Babymad, thanks, I just say to OH when he says things like 'you'll be outnumbered' etc. 'yeah but your going to have to cough up 10k for IVF so I know what Id prefer' Immature I know but makes me feel better lol.
OH has helped more at weekends as Ive had a few weekends where Ive gone out on my own or up to bed as just had enough so he is def. trying more when here.

I felt so crap yesterday and this am but suddenly snapped out of it, so odd, got to be stupid hormones!

Well, I booked a gender scan for today, I know its def, a boy but need that confirmation to deal with it and get it out my system. Keep re-looking at nub pictures hoping there is a girly one there so need to stop wasting time.
My 20 week scan is also before our holiday so dont want to dwell on it over our holiday!

Its at 230 so will be on at 3pm saying see all boy lol

charlieispy
March 14th, 2012, 08:52 AM
inglewood - can you get the covers off it x i know my m&p i took the covers off it completely i think i might have had to unscrew something but it was do able and then wash everything and see what its like?? If not i got some bargains on preloved.....also ebay but the prices often go higher. So sorry everything is up in the air i know what you mean about wanting be sorted HUGE hugs x fx you find a buggy and pronto! I drove for over an hour to get my double but got it super cheap!! It is always a risk x

Babymad - huge hugs that DH wont talk about it x mine will but doesnt get it he admits that but its frustrating - he whines about working with all women....ermmmmm try living with them too!!!

Good luck chocolate hope you get a shock and hear pink x x

must run ds3 being a pita and ds2 is whining too ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH am so not tolerent right now and DH is away from tomorrow till tuesday - poor kids!

charlieispy
March 14th, 2012, 08:53 AM
also it is worth seeing if people will courier you a buggy if you dont live close by inglewood - if you go by a cheap one it can cost as little as £15 so if you find a good deal might be worth it x

PeonyPrincess
March 14th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Hi Inglewood. The pram issue sounds like the last thing you needed. Tea tree oil is great for removing mould. I dilute it in a spray bottle with water. And sunlight-not sure how much of that you get in the UK! (Just joking, but I know the time of year). I live in the tropics and we get mould in the wet season. Pulling the pram apart would definitely be ideal. If you can't get rid of the mould I would get another pram though as the spores can cause health issues. Not ideal when you have 2 brand new bubs soon. All the very best. Try and delegate other people to run around for you. They won't normally just do things, but if you ask, they won't say no!

Kell
March 14th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Good luck chocolate! :)

auroara78
March 14th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Good luck chocolate at scan...can't wait to hear your update!

chocolate
March 14th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Well potty shot isn't showing anything but cord in the way and at one point she said boy but then she wouldn't want to call it, then said if she had to bet her life on it she would say boy but 2d potty shot shows nothing sticking out but sometimes its further up! So going back in soon for another go - she isn't medically trained so not too sure. But I think boy still just need a shot to confirm! Thought I saw a willy at one point though

chocolate
March 14th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Its a boy, hope the rest of you have better luck than me, good job I've already known in my head its a boy as although dissapointed and think its just my typical luck, no tears, yet!

charlieispy
March 14th, 2012, 02:24 PM
chocolate i was so hoping you would get a girl x bloody hell we are due one x just wanted to send you some ~HUGE~ hugs i hope you are ok i know you thought boy but there is always that bit of hope x x