PDA

View Full Version : Best Organic Shampoo?

Lillylolly
January 20th, 2011, 03:04 AM
I have been using a brand of organic shampoo called "Jason" - does anyone else use this? What other brands would you recommend?

Also, what organic baby products does everyone use?

chachamama
January 20th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Is California Baby organic?? I know it doesn't contain the chemicals like others do.. we use California Baby and really like it!

nuthinbutpink
January 20th, 2011, 08:41 AM
We use Bert's and Aveeno Baby- not sure if they are organic though??

hopefulfornumber3
January 20th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I have never heard of Jason. I use the Wen haircare (Chaz Dean's hair stuff. The hair guy from the TV show "Flipping Out" on Bravo) and Kerastase shampoo but not sure if they are organic either. I also love the California Baby stuff and Noodle and Boo baby stuff is great too!

Lillylolly
January 20th, 2011, 11:10 AM
We don't have California Baby here in the UK but I am planning on stocking up when I am back in the US in April. I did notice they sell it at Target and BRU. It was **SO** cheap too - compared to UK prices.

Liv
January 20th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I rotate between California baby and Aveeno.

chachamama
January 20th, 2011, 09:08 PM
They sell California baby on Amazon... can you order from there? The prices were really good on Amazon too.

Lillylolly
January 21st, 2011, 02:35 AM
Oh thanks for the tip, Chachamama. I have a huge list of things I want to pick up while I am in the US.

chachamama
January 21st, 2011, 08:27 AM
What else are you getting?? I love talking shopping.. :D

Lillylolly
January 21st, 2011, 08:36 AM
Yankee candles for starters! They are so expensive here but when I was in the US in October I bought 2 and they were so cheap. I love having candles burning in the winter so I want to pick up a few for next winter. Also, I will probably buy some scrapbooking stuff - again it is so cheap. Oh, and I just LOVE Target. We went there all the time so I could be satisfied I had everything I wanted before we left LOL. I bought some cute childrens glitter shaker tumblers for .99c! I also bought some stationary invitations etc in Target as I thought they were adorable.

I also love Gymboree :) but my all time favourite US store is Pottery Barn Kids! Too bad I can't bring back whole bedding sets and curtains back with me in the flight. We don not have anything like PBK in the UK.

I also love the sweaters for little boys on this site: www.bellabliss.com

chachamama
January 21st, 2011, 08:38 AM
Oh yum Yankee Candle is my favorite too. I love Autumn Harvest. They also used to (might still have?) one called Macintosh and Peach.. check that one out, it's my #1 favorite candle.

I go to Target at least 2x a week, so I understand.. be glad you don't have one, I can't get out of that store for less than $40 ;)

Those sweaters are adorable! I'll have to check that site out..

Lillylolly
January 21st, 2011, 09:24 AM
I will look out for that one. I am not keen on florals but I do like peach :)

Viene
January 21st, 2011, 12:48 PM
I love Target too. I worked there for 5 years. I also like Yankee Candle, but I like Woodwick candles much better. Not only do they smell really good they also their wooden wicks sound like a crackling fire.

Anyway, back to the main subject. For myself I use Nexxus Phyto organics shampoo and conditioner and I buy lots of method products including baby wash and shampoo, but I don't think it's organic, just more natural.

Wanting a daughter
January 21st, 2011, 09:11 PM
Here in OZ I use GAIA Natural Baby. It's Australian owned but you can buy it online. Soap and sulphate free, organic oils, very yummy. I love it. You can buy body wash, hair and body wash, moisturizer etc.

Sunrise
February 28th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I like California Baby. A friend of mine has gone completely shampoo-less and everyone in the family has their hair washed with baking soda and conditioned with apple cider vinegar. She swears by it and I do have to say that her kids' hair looks really lovely and shiny, and it's certainly cheaper to do that than buy the fancy organic brands. She adds a couple drops of essential oil to the vinegar to make it smell good. I may have to try it...organic products are pricey.

lindi
March 10th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I like California baby too. I like that apple cider vinegar idea! but can it get tangles out?

Aqua
May 26th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Which organic shampoo do your all use for your girls who are not babies anymore? My DD has shiny dark hair. I should start using something to maintain the good hair and stop the baby stuff I am still using on her

shouldihope?
May 26th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I use Jason, Avalon Organics, or Kiss My Face.

Aqua
May 27th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Thank you. I'll propably get Avalon Organics and also found this - http://www.naturesbabyorganics.com/stores.html

DoulaMama
May 27th, 2011, 10:41 AM
There are 3 baby products that I use-
Earth Mama, Angel Baby
California Baby
Dr. Bronners unscented baby soap

If you go onto the EWG(Environmental Working Group) and look at the ingredients listed on the Skin Deep site(linked in the EWG) you'll be shocked at what you see. After extensive research these are the only 3 products(in Canada) that I've found that are truly organic/safe. The number one product in our household is the Dr. Bronners.

As for myself....I am experimenting with no-pooing....LOL
I can actually get away with going about 8 days with no hair washing now and my hair looks almost as good as Day 1.
As for body wash I use the Dr. Bronners as well:)

Aqua
June 1st, 2011, 09:57 AM
Thanks for that website info doula. The most imp thing to me there was the list of 50 dirtiest veggies. That helps