PDA

View Full Version : Drinking tea - sways boy/girl?

Loveychoc
March 1st, 2012, 09:01 PM
Having come from IG forum, I've memorised a lot of what to eat/what not to eat stuff, and if you're swaying pink, the only tea allowed is peppermint tea. I used to drink HEAPS and litres& litres of tea (mainly peppermint (!), green or any herbal tea - hardly black tea) each day prior to conceiving DS, which resulted me having a boy. One thing I notice these days whenever I am drinking tea, i tend to have more EWCM. So I don't know if tea might might sway boy? Is it best to avoid it if you're swaying girl?

rainbowflower
March 2nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
it's probably best avoided when swaying pink, but I don't think the odd weak cup will be any harm. The FGD certainly allows you to have 1 or 2 weak cups of it per day. I'd think it's the caffeine in it that would be what you wanted to avoid.

myGirl
March 2nd, 2012, 01:36 PM
I have read that green tea increases EWCM and some women who are struggling to conceive take green tea supplements to help them get PG. I don't know about the herbal/peppermint teas... hmmm.

~Lotus Blossom~
March 2nd, 2012, 08:27 PM
Is it ok to drink fluids (peppermint tea, water etc - nothing containing milk or sugar) to fill the stomach when skipping breakfast and between meals?

Hobbermittens
March 2nd, 2012, 10:14 PM
Green tea is on the boy list, and I think a lot of other teas might be boy friendly. I think if you notice that you have more EWCM after drinking tea, then it may be very boy friendly for YOU. Maybe you should avoid it.

girlmom
March 3rd, 2012, 12:26 AM
i heard green tea swayed boy so i drank gallons of it. and got 7 girls... then i heard peppermint tea swayed girl. so i drank gallons of that this last time and finally got a boy. so im not sure how big of a sway factor tea really is. good luck.

pearl
March 3rd, 2012, 01:33 AM
What about decaf green tea?

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
When you pick out just one thing/food/behavior in isolation, it's unlikely that just ONE thing alone does much if any swaying. The "official" IG/FGD forbids and limits caffeine because they claim it lowers calcium absorption but the fact is you ahve to drink a virtually fatal amount of caffeine for years before it affects your calcium absorption whatsoever.

Green tea is said to increase EWCM because it has estrogenic properties, but if you drink enough of it/take very high levels of green tea supps, it may actually interfere in estrogen production and lowers blood sugar, so a person thinking they're swaying blue by ingesting massive amounts of green tea may be shooting themselves in the foot a bit. Moderation tends to = boys.

i have always drunk 4-6 bags of black tea a day with a boy-friendly diet and have 4 boys over a 20 year span. My mom also drinks tons of tea with a girl-friendly diet and smoking, and has more girls and only one boy. English and Asian people drink lots of tea and yet produce boys and girls in roughly 50-50 ratio...I think IF it sways blue, it's by such a small amount that I would not hesitate whatsoever to continue drinking whatever teas you personally enjoy.

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
What about decaf green tea?

Would be thought to sway blue because of the estrogenic effects, but at the same time will lower blood sugar levels and large amounts may actually interfere in estrogen production - again, it's a toss up!

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
Is it ok to drink fluids (peppermint tea, water etc - nothing containing milk or sugar) to fill the stomach when skipping breakfast and between meals?

yes!

Proud26
January 9th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Is it ok for the man to drink tea (decaf) in a girl sway?

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2016, 01:51 PM
As far as we know, but we are not able to totally track all these things.

I do want to mention just in case that caffeine has been totally debunked as swaying blue. Moderate caff seems neutral and higher caff (for BOTH DH and DW) seems to sway pink. So if you're torturing hubby by taking caffeine away LOL, no need. :)

Proud26
January 10th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Oh he will be happy! Thanks once again x