PDA

View Full Version : Dear God, all i want is just a baby girl!

Loveychoc
March 1st, 2012, 09:10 PM
I've always wanted a daughter before a son, even before I got married (or before I found a partner!). I don't know why perhaps that's ebcause I was always worried if God didn't give me a girl first, then I'd never get a girl at all. Now that many of my cousins/SIL/BIL, etc have their girls, made me feel so sad/jealous/disappointed and I even started to avoid them at all costs because I cannot stand for not having my own girl yet.

I have one lovely boy who loves me dearly and very clingy onto me (yes many mothers are so jealous at me!), but still there's that longing/empty feeling and desire to get a girl. I come from mostly all-girls family and DH is the total opposite. I grew up with sisters, female cousins and aunties so I am afraid that God decides it is time for me to get away from an all-girl environment....
But I'd just like to have a balance family, a boy and a girl if God is willing.

Am I too selfish to make such request?

nuthinbutpink
March 1st, 2012, 09:32 PM
I've always tried to ask God to meet me half way in my life. I try not to ask outright for anything that I know is not a life or death issue. Having said that, I know that the Bible states that you should ask God for what you want but I know it also says that you must seek and knock to have doors opened. I begged during my HT process. I do not know or understand how much seeking or knocking we all must do. I know I will never understand but you're here, you have to opportunity to seek, knock on doors and hopefully find what you are looking for. Good luck!

bythestream
March 2nd, 2012, 12:35 AM
I think it is fine to ask God for what we want as nuthinbutpink said the bible tells us knock and the door will be answered and that God wants to give us good things (Luke 11:10-13). But we also need to remember God knows best for us even if we don't understand.
"for I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future"
When I was pregnant with DS2 I really wanted a girl and couldn't understand how I could love another boy like DS1, I even felt sorry for other friends that were having second sons. But when he arrived of course I could love him he is such a gorgeous little boy and makes the whole family smile every day. I think God gave us DS2 for DS1 because DS1 has all girl cousins and his best friend is a girl, also as other ladies have said on here before same sex siblings do have a special bond. But also if we had a girl instead of DS2 we probably would have stopped at two and not bought this fantastic little man into the world.
God is also teaching me a lot about thankfulness at the moment, I have friends who are going through very hard times with loved ones dying or very sick, their thankfulness through even the hardest of situations has been such an inspiration to me. I am incredibly thankful for all the blessings God has given me, especially my 2 amazing sons.
Do I pray to God for a girl? Yes. Will I be disappointed if I don't have one? Yes but I won't be disappointed about another son because I know he'll be so special too.
I pray you do get your girl but if you don't I pray you'll have a peace about that too.
And by the way be careful what you do pray for because I prayed that if it wasn't in Gods will for us to sway then we would just have an accident, and guess what happened the other night. I guess we'll find out the answer to that prayer in a couple of weeks.

Cinss
March 2nd, 2012, 01:23 AM
I am afraid that God decides it is time for me to get away from an all-girl environment....

Am I too selfish to make such request?

If you believe there is a God controling your environment, there would be no point asking him for anything. Your destiny is not set out infront of you, you make it. Have faith in yourself, then God will have faith in you.

Loveychoc
March 2nd, 2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone! It is just so depressing waiting for god to give me an answer. I keep telling myself, if god did not want me to have a girl, there was no way I would have found this forum and learnt all about swaying ( which I found that myself back then was a classic boy sway example) perhaps god wanted me to change and Learn thru my own effort.

Having said that I am just still afraid that i might not get my girl because god sees other family members have girls, then he wants to add more boys thru me (hope not!) and I am also afraid what other people say and predict become reality such as I've been told once that I might have more boys as DH himself comes from a boy heavy family (so it might run in us) but I've been told the opposite too that the new generation born are usually the opposite of the current generation ie, since DH is all boy family then we might have more girls..... Oh well it's all old wives tales.... Silly me for taking them seriously! But I am just hoping that god doesn't listen all those "curses" and make it real for me.

bradwilliams
May 25th, 2013, 10:12 AM
hi dear, hope this article will help you out: The ways of how to have a baby girl - Howto3000.com (http://www.howto3000.com/the-ways-of-how-to-have-a-baby-girl.html)

lovemy2blessings
June 25th, 2013, 10:11 PM
I think it is fine to ask God for what we want as nuthinbutpink said the bible tells us knock and the door will be answered and that God wants to give us good things (Luke 11:10-13). But we also need to remember God knows best for us even if we don't understand.
"for I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future"
When I was pregnant with DS2 I really wanted a girl and couldn't understand how I could love another boy like DS1, I even felt sorry for other friends that were having second sons. But when he arrived of course I could love him he is such a gorgeous little boy and makes the whole family smile every day. I think God gave us DS2 for DS1 because DS1 has all girl cousins and his best friend is a girl, also as other ladies have said on here before same sex siblings do have a special bond. But also if we had a girl instead of DS2 we probably would have stopped at two and not bought this fantastic little man into the world.
God is also teaching me a lot about thankfulness at the moment, I have friends who are going through very hard times with loved ones dying or very sick, their thankfulness through even the hardest of situations has been such an inspiration to me. I am incredibly thankful for all the blessings God has given me, especially my 2 amazing sons.
Do I pray to God for a girl? Yes. Will I be disappointed if I don't have one? Yes but I won't be disappointed about another son because I know he'll be so special too.
I pray you do get your girl but if you don't I pray you'll have a peace about that too.
And by the way be careful what you do pray for because I prayed that if it wasn't in Gods will for us to sway then we would just have an accident, and guess what happened the other night. I guess we'll find out the answer to that prayer in a couple of weeks.
Beautifuly said bythe****** this touched my heart because I can relate to it :)

sbowman
June 25th, 2013, 10:57 PM
I totally relate to what you're saying, especially worrying about what everyone else is having and thinking there must not be enough girls to go around or something. Like, my cousin has a girl so I will get another boy to balance it. But we really can't think that way. All that matters is what's happening in our own bodies. There's no part of swaying that has anything to do with other people, except your DH of course. It's all internal, and it's up to God at the end of the day. But He doesn't dole out children in equal amounts. You're just as likely to have a girl even if every member of your family has a girl too. I just think about this woman's blog I like to read. She has 8 sons! There's no equality there lol. The reason she keeps having sons is because of what's going on internally, not because her siblings all had a million girls and she has to compensate. I hope I'm making sense here lol.

Bythe****** I think of that verse all the time. I feel like maybe it's a good sign that you posted it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeysnuffer
September 11th, 2013, 05:25 PM
I hope you get your daughter. You sound like a good person.

RKT Mama
September 11th, 2013, 10:23 PM
After I had DS3 my GD was terrible and I was begging god for a girl. I made a decision to go for IVF but because we had to travel overseas to do it, I had about 6 months of planning beforehand.
3 months before we were due to go, about a month after my IUD was removed in preparation, a baby girl was born and a lot of things lined up that I thought I would be able to adopt her. I prayed and prayed and it broke my heart when it didn't work out but I believed that it meant that God would make the IVF work and I would get a biological daughter. 3 months later I went (on my own) to have my embryo transfer only to be told the lab had stuffed up and they had no idea on the sex of my embryos. I had about 10 minutes to decide what to do and I prayed very hard for an answer. A peace came over me while i was there and i knew whatever happened it would work out. I put back 2 of those embryos and prayed that unless one was a girl, I wouldn't fall pregnant. I didn't. Long story short after trying adoption again and exploring fostering with every door slammed in my face, we swayed and got our girl.
I am still trying to work out exactly what lesson I was supposed to learn from the experience but one thing I know, my baby girl is a miracle that I will really appreciate because that journey was far harder than I expected.
I fully believe that God meets us half way, but I really struggle when other moms who have walked a far longer journey than me or seem to be such wonderful mothers don't get their GD and I did. I really wish it made sense but I doubt it ever will