PDA

View Full Version : Damn...that REALLY hurt

annabel♥lee
March 1st, 2012, 11:11 PM
So, I had my ultrasound on Wednesday. She asked if we wanted to know the sex and I said "well, we already found out but if you could confirm that would be great."

So, she started looking.....she said "were you told little girl??" OMG can you imagine my excitement in that moment?! Was I one of those lucky ones whos BOY actually turned into a GIRL!?!? OMG!!!!

I was like "um...no". *trying to contain my excitement*

Her: "Ohh...nevermind.....there's the penis. Sorry about that, I shouldn't have said anything."

Me: Completely heartbroken :(

You know, I was going in there TOTALLY prepared to hear boy. I've already spend several hundred dollars on boy clothing, I've got a name *I think*, I mean I had pretty much accepted it since finding out 3 weeks ago. But just that one moment. That moment of hearing GIRL, and then have it taken away so quickly. Damn did that hurt. I think I'm OK now, but for the rest of that day I was just heartbroken. I couldn't sleep last night...just kept replaying it in my head "were you told girl? Oh wait, nevermind." *sigh*

onlythelonely
March 1st, 2012, 11:16 PM
I know how you feel with ds4 I was told at 32 wks that he was a girl. It was the first time they could get a look, then a week later told a boy. It was very hard to deal with.

Butterfly Spirit
March 1st, 2012, 11:19 PM
Oh Annabel, that's HARD! I'm so sorry you went through that moment. :(
Sometimes our mouths move faster than our thoughts...that is so hard. Did you conceive DS#3 without swaying? In July you will be IN LOVE all over again, although I know how you feel. Just hold on to that hope that you will have your sweet little girl one day!

nuthinbutpink
March 2nd, 2012, 06:50 AM
That's so hard. I'm sorry

wilma_five
March 2nd, 2012, 07:39 AM
This just brings me to tears.
Is she is a true professional she didn't have to say anything untill she was sure of her case.
It's cruel!

Feeling sorry for you!
Congrats with you're little boy on the way, 3rd boys are really cute!!!

Flava
March 2nd, 2012, 08:42 AM
wow i would have gone crazy! Im sorry...
http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2036/2036214zztdpuew40.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

bodhi
March 2nd, 2012, 02:38 PM
That would have broken my heart all over again. I've been for a few ultrasounds ever since I found out I'm having a boy, and I have to admit that I have brief fantasies before each one where they say "oops, actually it's your girl". It's hard enough to have it confirmed each time, I can't imagine what it would feel like to have to live through that moment where your hopes are crushed a second time in one pregnancy. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

zanacal
March 2nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Aww, I'm sorry. That's rough.

I♥DKB?
March 12th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I have to admit that I have brief fantasies before each one where they say "oops, actually it's your girl".

I did the same thing.

Myloves
March 13th, 2012, 04:16 AM
:( (HUGS)... I'm sorry hun x

juffertje2
March 14th, 2012, 03:18 PM
gosh......just a split second there was some hope....and it went down the drain.....I'm so sorry for you....But get yourself together! You are going to have a wonderfull little boy again!

KellyLouise2012
April 1st, 2012, 05:53 AM
Aw Hun that must of been so hard for you I am so sorry......

We went for a 16 week gender scan this time to be told boy, then at our 20 weeks scan she couldn't overly tell but thought girl and we saw 3 white lines. I am still sure baby is a boy but it messes with yur head. We went back to private place to double check and they have written it in an envelope for us. Don't feel ready to open yet x

TTC5
April 1st, 2012, 05:55 AM
Ohhhh :(