PDA

View Full Version : Injection to bring on O or AF

GeCon
March 2nd, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hi,

One of the lovely ladies on here mentioned injections that bring on ovulation or AF. I hadn't really heard of these, so just want to ask if anyone knows anything about them?

I have come off BCP at the beginning of November and am still BF'ing at the moment...and am waiting to ovulate or for AF. I am currently taking Vitex and am hoping my body will sort itself out soon.

But in the meantime it would be interesting to find out a bit more about these injections. Does anyone know if they would be safe when BF'ing? My gut feeling would be no, but you never know.

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2012, 02:11 PM
The injections that trigger ovulation only work if you have a fully developed egg ready to be ovulated.

Since you are BF at the moment, the injections to induce AF, aren't for you anyway because the issue is that you are not ovulating due to BF and so it's unlikely that sloughing off your uterine lining will do you any good anyway. You still won't develop an egg because the BF is inhibiting the process.

The people who take the injection to start AF, then follow it up with Clomid or other fertility drugs, to induce development of an egg and then ovulation.

GeCon
March 2nd, 2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks, Atomic. Very helpful as always. :agree: