PDA

View Full Version : March Chit Chat

Pages : [1] 2

Glittergirl
March 2nd, 2012, 10:47 PM
I noticed nobody has started a March thread....well, I went to my appt today. I'm only a little over 1 cm, 75% effaced at 38 weeks. So what do you think? Am I gonna go to 40 weeks. All my babies were pretty much born at 40 weeks. My mom flies in tomorrow so it will be great help for us, just glad the baby is waiting for her! how is everyone????

DoulaMama
March 2nd, 2012, 11:11 PM
I'm gonna say yes..I think you'll go within a few days of your due date on either side:) 38 weeks!!! I just can't believe your little girl is nearly Earthside! Just crazy!! I hope your birth is quick and easy, GG!!

I'm doing ok...suffering from SPD:( It's torturous in the am and if I've sat for too long. I can't imagine 7 more weeks of this:( The Chiro has helped a bit but it's still awful. I'm basically finished organizing the house, I've got the bedroom ready, birth supplies bought, and diapers all ready to go. I have TONS of Girly clothes hiding in my storage room:) All I'm doing now is working on sewing projects:) I'm really excited about being so close to meeting my daughter:) I can't wait!!!
xoxo

Can't wait to hear how everyone else is!!

lobella2
March 3rd, 2012, 10:39 AM
Wow GG you are so close. I was 80% and 2cm for weeks with my daughter so there is a good chance you will make it closer to your due date. I wish I were there. I am so ready to have this baby. My kids ask almost daily when she is coming. I got a calendar so my 4 year old could cross off the days each day. It has helped. My son is old enough to understand how much longer it will be. I have had both of my kids early so I am hoping this one will be too. I had my 32 week appointment a few days ago. Everything is fine. Sleeping is getting more uncomfortable and I think insomnia is starting to kick in. The last few days I haven't been able to sleep very well. But other than that things are going well. I am enjoying all those little kicks since this is the last baby.

lobella2
March 3rd, 2012, 03:02 PM
I finally had time to post one of my 3d pics from a few weeks ago. This is the first time I have ever done the 3d ultrasound. Since it's my last pregnancy I thought I would go for it. It was amazing the detail that you could see.

DoulaMama
March 3rd, 2012, 03:31 PM
Super cute!!! She's beautiful!!!

zanacal
March 3rd, 2012, 04:11 PM
Lobella, that's such a gorgeous photo. Love it!

GG - you're so close, eek! I hope everything goes smoothly, can't wait to hear your little girl has arrived :D

DM - not long for you either. I'm sorry you're in so much pain, that's rough. Good job you had your nesting spurt early on!

Mochagirl
March 3rd, 2012, 08:00 PM
Wow, GG - so close! I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl!

Lobella - gorgeous pic. I'm going to get a 3d u/s for the first time this pregnancy too.

DM - I know I already said this elsewhere, but sorry you're suffering. I've been there, and it's no fun. Also, i can't believe you've kept the gender secret so long! I'd almost forgotten you weren't sharing the news then I saw your FB post asking people to guess the gender! ;)

Mochagirl
March 3rd, 2012, 08:00 PM
Oh, and I have my 12 week u/s on Wednesday morning. I can't wait!

pinkin2011
March 3rd, 2012, 10:36 PM
Hi Glittergirl, I asked a question about ICP in pregnancy the other day and i got put onto the january chat thread where you had symptoms.. Just woundering how you went with your blood test? Did you end up having icp? Reason I ask is I had it with my first and only pregnancy and i am worried to get it again.. Have you had it before?

lobella2
March 3rd, 2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks ladies! The 3d was definitely worth it.

Yay! Mochagirl hopefully you will get a good nub shot.

dannikins
March 4th, 2012, 04:07 AM
wow everyone is getting so close, looking forward to seeing some pics of the new bubbas...:)
im 27 weeks...time has flown by, i guess it will slow down and drag on now....lol

Glittergirl
March 4th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Hi Glittergirl, I asked a question about ICP in pregnancy the other day and i got put onto the january chat thread where you had symptoms.. Just woundering how you went with your blood test? Did you end up having icp? Reason I ask is I had it with my first and only pregnancy and i am worried to get it again.. Have you had it before?
Hi Pinkin, I actually ended up not having it. I had the itchy feet and sometimes my palms itched but I went in for blood work and everything was fine. It felt like the results took forever to come in but my SIL had the same exact symptoms and her blood work came back fine so that put my mind at ease that just because I had those symptoms doesn't necessarily mean that's what it is (and I still have itchy feet--I keep a foot file near my bed :) ). But yeah I was worried cause my doc also thought that's what it was. Hope everything goes fine with you--good luck!!!

pinkin2011
March 4th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Oh your very lucky you had a clear blood test! And thanks for answering! I sure hope i dont get it again.

Glittergirl
March 4th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I will post pics if this little lady decides to show up. So glad she didn't come early cause I was waiting for my mom--she's here now so that put my mind at ease that we will have a sitter in the middle of the night if I have to go in. I'd hate to call my sisters or friends if it's that late in the night. But I think our little girl will come in the next week or so--DH is guessing thurs. I did have a little bit of bloody show this morning, but who know. Ok I'll update you all and can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing....we're all super close to having our little babies soon! I'm just going crazy trying to get everything done, like the kids school stuff, field trip forms filled out, making sure they get their school projects and homework done just in case I'm not around a for a couple of days to help them.

Glittergirl
March 4th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Oh your very lucky you had a clear blood test! And thanks for answering! I sure hope i dont get it again.

I hope so too--did they have to induce you? it seemed like it's not that unusual to get but when I brought it up to the nurse who answered my call she acted like I was weird for even calling in about itchy feet. I had to tell her that I googled it and that's when she actually talked to my doctor who told me to just go to the hospital to get the blood work. And at the hospital they looked kind of weird at me that I'm coming in to get blood work for that done.

pinkin2011
March 4th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah well it started for me about 35 weeks along and at night and morning the soles of my feet and my hands were soo itchy and felt hot ( no Rash) then it went to my legs still no rash but i couldnt stop scartching i was miserable then it went all over even my eye balls were itchy!! I had bad headaches and upper stomach pain. I told the midwife about my hands and feet at the time and she said make sure you tell the dr as i was going in to see him next annnd i forgot to mention it with everything else going on. So it got worse and i finally told him and got a blood test at his rooms and he ended up calling me at home on a friday night telling me that if anything gets worse i am to go straight to hospital , My bile acid count was high .. I got induced on the monday on my due date.. I just remember it was horrible those last 5 weeks i wouldnt look forward to that again.. So I pray i dont get it not so much for my sake either its not safe for the baby

Mochagirl
March 4th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I will post pics if this little lady decides to show up. So glad she didn't come early cause I was waiting for my mom--she's here now so that put my mind at ease that we will have a sitter in the middle of the night if I have to go in. I'd hate to call my sisters or friends if it's that late in the night.

That's one of my big stresses too. We don't have any family in town and my Mom lives a 4 hour drive away. I have friends who'd be willing to come if I needed them in the middle of the night, but they all work and have kids of their own, so I feel it would be a huge imposition. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if I should just plan to go to the hospital on my own and leave dh home with the kids if my Mom can't get here on time to watch them.

I'm glad your Mom's there now!

Inglewood
March 5th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Hi all! March already! WOW!

GG, so excited for you...any day really!!! Glad ur mum is here :)

Mocha, wed isn't long now.... Fx for that nub shot!

DM, my SPD is getting bad now too and my back. With both babies being around 4lbs, I feel full term, like I should give birth now and I'm only 31+4! Can't wait till your little lady here and to hear ur Dh's reaction, well done for keeping it a secret! :) admire you. x

I have a scan tom and Fx finally get my section date. Feeling so so tired, i mean REALLY shockingly tired. don't ever remember it being so bad before in pg. Have a sinus infection which won't be helping, but have so much to do to get this house finished and nice for babies that I really wish I wasn't as exhausted! Enough of my woes.....

Hope ur all well? Thinking of u all. x

zanacal
March 5th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Inglewood - I feel knackered reading your post, you must be so ready for those girlies to arrive now. FX for a date tomorrow so you can start a proper countdown, might give you a bit of a lift!

Mocha - I have images of DH being in the car in the hospital carpark with the boys when I'm in labour too. I just hope I get some warning that labour is on its way as I always have done in the past so I can make arrangements in time!

GG - SO excited, can't wait to 'meet' her!!

Mochagirl
March 5th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Inglewood - those last 2 months or so of a twin pregnancy are tough! By 30 weeks I was easily the size of a 9 month pregnant woman, and my babies still had TONS of growing to do. My belly just kept getting bigger and bigger, and often I felt like a beached whale - getting up out of a chair...or heaven forbid, trying to roll over in bed was a nightmare by the end! I couldn't believe how much easier my singleton pregnancy was in comparison afterwards.You're off work now, right? I went off at 30 weeks, which was nice - especially since they were my fist kids, so I could actually use the time off to relax and focus on growing nice, big babies.

tweedledeedum
March 6th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Hi girls,

I haven't been around much lately but I'm glad to hear you are all doing well. We are all so close to meeting our new babies! Time is flying.

GG- hope you have a great delivery. Can't wait to see pics of your new little one. You must be getting so excited now!

Mocha - glad to hear things are going well and your little bean is looking great. Did you get a nub picture?

Ingel - I can't imagine how you must be feeling! Big hugs to you - carrying two babies at once must be so physically difficult. Hope you are able to take it easy and relax these days.

Dannikins - Are you still team green? Any gut feelings about gender? Is this pregnancy similar/different from your others?

Zanacal - How are you feeling? You should be almost 30 weeks now too, right?

DG- Hope you are feeling better. What have you been sewing/making for your little one? Any pics you can share?

I have been doing well but have a bad cold at the moment. I have started shopping and may have gone a little overboard as I now have a half closet full of little girly things. I have gained 30 pounds now from my lowest swaying weight which feels like so much! How are the rest of you doing with gaining weight after swaying? I am feeling so huge and I still have 10 weeks to go! It seems you do show much more with subsequent babies. (I never had much of a bump with my first as I'm fairly tall).

Mochagirl
March 6th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Mocha - glad to hear things are going well and your little bean is looking great. Did you get a nub picture?

Nice to hear from you, tweedle! My scan's tomorrow morning, and I'll be 12w4d, so I'm hoping for a nub shot :luck:.

Inglewood
March 6th, 2012, 01:16 PM
HI all,

Got my section date today!! 3rd April!! 4wks today.... not long!!! eek!

Hope ur all well, Mocha so excited for u tom. x

Mochagirl
March 6th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Wow - so soon, Inglewood!!! Why are they doing it so early? Here in Canada they generally wait until 38 weeks to deliver twins. Is it because you've already had more than one c-section?

zanacal
March 6th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Yay Inglewood - that's so soon :D

Hi Tweedle! Sorry you have a cold, there is so much going around at the moment it seems. I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. I'm 29 weeks tomorrow and 30 weeks feels like a bit of a landmark - the beginning of the final countdown - so I'm glad I'm nearly there!!

I signed up for a hypnobirthing class today. It's 2 Saturday mornings in April and DH will come to one of those as we can't get a babysitter for the other. I'm a bit worried about how seriously he'll take it (or we'll get the giggles together!) but I do feel that I need him to know what I'm trying to do so he can help when I begin to lose the plot (which will inevitably happen!!).

dannikins
March 6th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Hi girls,

I haven't been around much lately but I'm glad to hear you are all doing well. We are all so close to meeting our new babies! Time is flying.

GG- hope you have a great delivery. Can't wait to see pics of your new little one. You must be getting so excited now!

Ingel - I can't imagine how you must be feeling! Big hugs to you - carrying two babies at once must be so physically difficult. Hope you are able to take it easy and relax these days.

Dannikins - Are you still team green? Any gut feelings about gender? Is this pregnancy similar/different from your others?

Zanacal - How are you feeling? You should be almost 30 weeks now too, right?

DG- Hope you are feeling better. What have you been sewing/making for your little one? Any pics you can share?

I have been doing well but have a bad cold at the moment. I have started shopping and may have gone a little overboard as I now have a half closet full of little girly things. I have gained 30 pounds now from my lowest swaying weight which feels like so much! How are the rest of you doing with gaining weight after swaying? I am feeling so huge and I still have 10 weeks to go! It seems you do show much more with subsequent babies. (I never had much of a bump with my first as I'm fairly tall).

i dont really have any idea....
with the others i "knew" they were boys.
even when i was thinking they may be girls, by the time i was 16 weeks the intuition kicked in and i just knew they were boys.
this time im all over the place, some days i think girl, some days i think boy, some days i dont think anything.
i have no idea!!!!

i guess its harder to trust your instincts when you have so much going on in your head.
im not sure whats intuition, whats desire, and whats me preparing my self for blue, i have all 3 going on, and they counter act each other.....

DoulaMama
March 7th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Lobella, that's such a gorgeous photo. Love it!

GG - you're so close, eek! I hope everything goes smoothly, can't wait to hear your little girl has arrived :D

DM - not long for you either. I'm sorry you're in so much pain, that's rough. Good job you had your nesting spurt early on!
Thanks Z:) I was told to wear an SI belt to help keep my hips together but as soon as I take it off, it hurts twice as bad so I'm not sure it's worth it:( My Chiro is trying to help me as much as she can but I guess they can't do too much at this point.

Wow, GG - so close! I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl!

Lobella - gorgeous pic. I'm going to get a 3d u/s for the first time this pregnancy too.

DM - I know I already said this elsewhere, but sorry you're suffering. I've been there, and it's no fun. Also, i can't believe you've kept the gender secret so long! I'd almost forgotten you weren't sharing the news then I saw your FB post asking people to guess the gender! ;)
Thanks Mocha! I have to keep the secret going! My hubby would be crushed if he found out that I knew...and I really want him to have that awesome moment at birth of finding out:) I think we'll get my oldest to take a peak with Daddy and announce it to everyone in the room. He wants to be there for the labour and birth again and I want him to be included in more this time:) He's pretty excited. I laughed so hard reading the responses on my FB post! 2 of the girls that replied already know I'm having a girl and were just playing along...LOL They're my closest friends and will take this secret to the grave... ;)

I am so excited for your scan tomorrow!! You are penciled onto my calendar!! How that for stalk-arific!!LOL

Hi all! March already! WOW!

GG, so excited for you...any day really!!! Glad ur mum is here :)

Mocha, wed isn't long now.... Fx for that nub shot!

DM, my SPD is getting bad now too and my back. With both babies being around 4lbs, I feel full term, like I should give birth now and I'm only 31+4! Can't wait till your little lady here and to hear ur Dh's reaction, well done for keeping it a secret! :) admire you. x

Thank you Ingle:) That's sweet:HH: I can't wait to see my little lady too! Although I'm having some anxiety that it's not a girl...crazy.....yes. I just can't help but think that the u/s tech screwed up and that my early shots were just hiding a penis. I wake up in a cold sweat sometimes. It's not nice:( I'm sorry to hear about your SPD:( It's horrible, hey? I had no idea that pubic pain could be this bad and basically make me look like I'm 90yo hobbling around. Mocha- if you're reading this....did it hurt in labour too? I'm so afraid I'll have debilitating pubic pain during labour:( I really hope that the back pain overpowers the pubic pain....never thought I'd say that;)
I'm excited to hear about your little ones arrival! 4 weeks...that's crazy soon! I too am surprised they want them out that early. Are they in the same sac sharing a placenta? Are they giving you steroid shots? Sorry for the 20 questions..just nosey:)

I've been making stuff for everyone but me lately! LOL I'm just finishing up a carrier and then I'll be putting together a quilt. Once those 2 projects are finished I'll be starting on a quilt for this babe, plus I'm sewing some wool backed nursing pads, a few more wool pants for cloth diaper covers, and maybe a hat or two:) I've made quite a few things but they're boring....cloth wipes, receiving blankets, PP pads for me(we're a cloth using family).
As for weight.....I've put on 21lbs so far. I'm hoping to keep it under 25 total but I'm a lot heavier than most here. I weigh just over 200lbs now... :( Yikes. I am 5'6" so I don't look that big but man, my thighs are LARGE! I've had kids so close together and it's really hard to get the weight off while nursing(and I've gotten pregnant with 2, 3 and 4 while nursing)so I'm hoping after #4 is here, I'll be able to try a little harder once the baby is 2yo or so.

I went a little crazy on Etsy buying girly headbands the other day....
Here's what I bought:)
Etsy Transaction - Shabby Chic Satin Fabric Floret Headband with Rhinestone Peek a Boo Embellishment and Peacock Plumage (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/74194696)
Etsy Transaction - Little lamb hat for spring newborn photos - optional bow or flower (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/73693378)
Etsy Transaction - Blush Magnolia Vintage Glam Headband (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/73693264)
Etsy Transaction - Penelope's Purple Flower Clip plus Glitter Headband (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/73693263)
Etsy Transaction - Chiffon Ruffle Bum Baby Bloomer diaper cover-Photo Prop- Choose One- 13 colors to choose from- (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/73693044) - the ruffle bum cover:)
Etsy Transaction - ALL 3 HAT PATTERNS (The Original Happy Elf Hat - The Tulip Top - The Tuffet Beanie) (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/30449381) - the tulip top(top left hand corner- my mom is making it)
Plus my mom is knitting a lacy purple wrap to go over baby for some photos:) I'm going a little crazy over here....LOL

So...for the ladies on their last baby...what will you do for birth control after baby comes? I'm seriously terrified of getting pregnant again and I'm pretty sure we've decided on DH getting a vas. but I don't know WHEN he should do it. I hope this doesn't come out wrong...but I'm always worried about SIDS and if that were to happen(God forbid) before DH had the procedure, we'd most likely try for another baby. So, in my mind the 1 year mark seems like the best time to do it. Sorry about the morbid part...

So, Z- have you decided for sure on your girls name? Is it Eliza Grace?

Mochagirl
March 7th, 2012, 07:02 AM
I am so excited for your scan tomorrow!! You are penciled onto my calendar!! How that for stalk-arific!!LOL

Mocha- if you're reading this....did it hurt in labour too? I'm so afraid I'll have debilitating pubic pain during labour:( I really hope that the back pain overpowers the pubic pain....never thought I'd say that;)

Just 3 hours until my scan! I must say that the more I think about all the tests I'm getting today, the more nervous I'm getting. I opted for the triple screen, and now I'm worried I'll get a false positive (or worse, a true positive) and have to deal with an amnio, genetic counselling, etc. I just hate the fact that I have to wait until 15 weeks for the second part of the test. It's interesting, I've never worried about this stuff before - I've always announced to everyone I'm pregnant at 12 weeks, but this time I'm scared to until I get the results from those tests. Maybe it's because I'm older now (I'm 37), or maybe it's because that m/c made me feel more vulnerable. I don't know.

Anyway, I'm sorry the SPD is treating you so badly. I don't remember mine hurting in labour, but I think mine was a lot more mild than yours. I really hope it turns out ok for you :HH:.

Inglewood
March 7th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Wow - so soon, Inglewood!!! Why are they doing it so early? Here in Canada they generally wait until 38 weeks to deliver twins. Is it because you've already had more than one c-section?

Not sure really why before 36wks, maybe it suits the consultant? haven't seen her for weeks, just her registrar. Was told they are good sized around 3lbs 10oz and 3lbs 11oz, so by then they will be around 6lbs maybe??? Think they section twins at 36-37wks here (if needed, or prev section). To have steriods for 2 days before the birth.

lobella2
March 7th, 2012, 09:58 AM
DM that is darling stuff that you got from etsy. I love that site. I have had the exact same thoughts about my husband getting a vasectomy. I worry about SIDS also and would try for another if anything happened. We will probably wait at least a year before he gets it done. I have always been happy on the pill because it makes my periods regular, light, and not painful so I will probably do that again.

Wow Mocha it's getting close! Hopefully you will get a great nub shot to obsess over.

auroara78
March 7th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Not to bust into this due date buddy group, but I agree about the vas. I think I'd wait too for a lil bit to make sure everything is OK. My DH already told me he would never get one done, so I'm not sure what we'll do for BC either, because I have issues with being on the pill. Has anyone tried the IUD that does not have hormones in it? I was thinking about that, but DH is like aganist everything (he's not religion, I dunno what his issue is...)

but I know now after this preg, I want at least a few years break. I'm sure not sure if we'll go for a 4th or not; it will depend on a lot of factors, if this is a girl or boy, our money situation in a few years, etc, my job, etc etc. I know if this one is another boy, it may tip me over the edge to try just one more time. If this one is a girl, I may be done for good. I'll be 34 next month, and I know that's still young, but my weight is pretty heavy atm, and I'd like to just slow down after I have this 3rd and enjoy my kids and get my weight under control. (I'm 5 foot 7 and 197 lbs)

Love hearing from you ladies who are so close to having your babies! I remember now the horrid back pain with DS2 as he was a big baby (9 lbs) and the way he was in my uterus always killed my lower back. I so feel for you ladies!

zanacal
March 7th, 2012, 12:43 PM
DM - I'm around 210lb now, yikes! I've been eating really healthily the past couple of weeks and not eating during the evening to help my reflux cough so I'm hoping that might slow down my weight gain a little - but if not I know I can lose it when the time is right. Her name is definitely Eliza Grace - the boys call her Eliza all the time and would never let us change her name now! I quite like knowing who she is already, it feels like I know exactly who's coming and that she's already a part of the family. I think I'll get the Mirena again after this baby. I'm even more morbid than you when it comes to thinking of the big 'V' for DH. My friend's sister's teenage son was run over and killed a few years ago. He was her only child and she couldn't bear the thought of not being mummy anymore and she now has two baby girls. God forbid anything ever happen to my children but, if it did, I don't know how I'd feel about more children. It also seems so final - I'll be menopausal in not too many years and we've managed with other birth control for the last 17 years (except when trying/being pregnant of course!) so we may as well carry on that way.

My baby is so active this week - I think the limbs must be facing outwards and perhaps they weren't before! Can anybody tell what position their baby's in by feeling their tummy? I don't have a clue!!

purplepoet20
March 7th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Doulamama... I am going for the Essure after this baby. They are springs that the Dr puts in the openings of the tubes while in the office. Says it takes about 15mins to do. 3mths later you get a scan to make sure the tubes made enough scar tissue to block the tubes. It is a lot easier and the tubes are completely closed off so it is better then getting tubes cut. I told DH that I will do it after he gets "cut" because I know he wont get cut if I do the the springs first. He has decided that this preg is our last as well so I said if he doesn't get cut I will keep having kids until he does ;)

Glittergirl
March 7th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and announce I had my baby GIRL! She's so sweet! I'm still at the hospital but I'm hoping we get to go home today since she still has a high bilirubin--she's Cooms positive as all my kids are since I'm O blood type. Anyway, she came late Monday night. Wonderful and easy delivery....three pushes and she was out. Doctor let me pull her out and my first words were "Is she still a girl?" LOL--when we called our friends and family to tell them she's here, that's what's everyones response was..."is it a girl?" We finally gave her a name Eva Lili (pronounced ev-ah) She is just perfect and beautiful and has a full head of black hair--darker than my boys hair and way more than they ever had. Can't wait to put all the bows in her hair!! I'll try to post a pic! I will continue to come on here once I'm home and check on everyone--excited to hear about all of you!

DoulaMama
March 7th, 2012, 02:51 PM
OMG!!! :cheerteam: Huge Congrats to you GG!!! How awesome!!! Beautiful name for your little girl:) I hope you get to go home soon...and post some pics!!! This is just awesome news!!! How big was she?
Ack!!!! This is making me all broody and wanting to see my little gal! Have a blissful babymoon!! :HH:

auroara78
March 7th, 2012, 02:51 PM
GG, how exciting!!! Congratulations!!!!!! :flowerz:

Out of the Blue
March 7th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and announce I had my baby GIRL! She's so sweet! I'm still at the hospital but I'm hoping we get to go home today since she still has a high bilirubin--she's Cooms positive as all my kids are since I'm O blood type. Anyway, she came late Monday night. Wonderful and easy delivery....three pushes and she was out. Doctor let me pull her out and my first words were "Is she still a girl?" LOL--when we called our friends and family to tell them she's here, that's what's everyones response was..."is it a girl?" We finally gave her a name Eva Lili (pronounced ev-ah) She is just perfect and beautiful and has a full head of black hair--darker than my boys hair and way more than they ever had. Can't wait to put all the bows in her hair!! I'll try to post a pic! I will continue to come on here once I'm home and check on everyone--excited to hear about all of you!

Just saw this and it made me tear up...I'm so freaking excited for you, GG! Let the pink explosion begin!!!! YAY!!! :HH:

:ballerina::princess::ballerina::princess::balleri na::princess::ballerina::princess::ballerina:

Mochagirl
March 7th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Omg - just saw your post, GG!!!!! I'm sooooo excited for you and can't wait to see pictures! Enjoy your little girl!!!

Inglewood
March 7th, 2012, 06:49 PM
GG, CONGRATULATIONS!!! and well done!! xx

Inglewood
March 7th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I was on the pill for years, had to have laser treatment on my cervix 4 times as the pill caused irrreg bleeding (erosions on my cervix, prob why I can't give birth vag). So I got the mirena coil, which didn't help either, still bled (tried it for 7mths) and I hated the thought of something inside me ALL the time. So I have NO idea what we will do for BC after these twins. Dh has point blank refused a vasectomy, which I think is selfish not to even THINK about it seriously and consider it, maybe not this year, but in the future???? I will of had a laparoscopy, 3 c-sections and a total of 5 cervical treatments and he can't see that that is more than plenty for a woman to have undergone by the age of 33. So we don't discuss it, but if he thinks I'll be in any hurry to return to any kind of sex life after these babies whilst being so stubborn, he can think again. Bit of a sore point in my house!!! lol

Mocha, how was ur scan???? x

Glittergirl
March 7th, 2012, 07:33 PM
hope this picture shows up--sorry if it's huge. I'll get better ones soon!

HopeandDreamG
March 7th, 2012, 07:36 PM
She's BEAUTIFUL Glittergirl...she looks so peaceful in that pic!! Congrats :)

lobella2
March 7th, 2012, 08:06 PM
GG she is beautiful and I love her name. Congratulations!

Mochagirl
March 7th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Oh wow - what a stunningly beautiful baby she is! You are one lucky mama!

Mochagirl
March 7th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Mocha, how was ur scan???? x

I saw you posted on my u/s thread, so you know as much as I do about how it went ;). They don't really tell you anything at ultrasounds here in Canada - the tech does the scan then sends the info to a specialist to examines it to look for any problems. They then send the results to my midwife within a couple of days. So I don't know what the heartbeat was, how big the baby measured, or anything. I *do* know that in my precious 2 minutes where the tech let me see the screen, I saw my baby doing something that looked like it was rubbing its eyes. Very cute!

I've started to officially 'pop' now, so there's no hiding this belly anymore. It sucks because I don't want to announce to the general public that I'm pregnant until I get the results from my triple screening at 16 weeks. Luckily it's still cold enough for a coat here, and it makes it hard to tell when I'm wearing something bulky like that. If we get an early spring like they're predicting, though, I may be in trouble....

DoulaMama
March 7th, 2012, 11:08 PM
She is absolutely darling!!!! Oh my goodness :) I'm so thrilled for you and your family:HH: Can't wait to see more pics! What do your sons think? :D

dannikins
March 7th, 2012, 11:59 PM
huge congrats GG.
a real little cutie, and look at all that hair!!!

ELP
March 8th, 2012, 03:12 AM
She's gooorgeous GG!!!!!! I hope your home now or soon and can start to really enjoy your gorgeous new family xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Inglewood
March 8th, 2012, 07:50 AM
GG, So super cute!! and all that hair!!! she is a beauty, bet ur over the moon!! Congrats again... xx

zanacal
March 8th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Congratulations GG, she's absolutely gorgeous! I love her hair and her little eyebrows, so cute :D I can't wait for my turn now!!!

zanacal
March 8th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Mocha - I've started taking my coat off occasionally now and people are surprised to discover I'm pregnant or don't even notice if I don't mention it and I'm massive!!

Mochagirl
March 8th, 2012, 11:17 AM
My twins were born in early May, so almost the entire pregnancy I was covered in big bulky coats. At the time we were living in a condo that was a quarter of a big, old house in Toronto (great apartment that I still miss), and none of my neighbours knew I was pregnant until there was finally a warm day in late April and I was in the backyard without a coat. I was of course HUGE by then because I was almost full term with twins and they were so shocked. :bigsmile:

Inglewood
March 8th, 2012, 04:57 PM
I bought a new winter coat, which is quite good for hiding the HUGE bumpage!! Although didn't zip it up today as it's getting tight, wore a huge chunky scarf instead. and everyone said how 'neat' my bump is....are they blind?????? lol Needing to send people to get eye tests!! lol

Flava
March 8th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I just saw this pic from glittergirl what a cute baby!!!! I love the hair it reminds me of my baby brother he got a lot's of dark hair like this!

Congrats!:celebrate:

princesssarah34
March 8th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Congrats GG....she is beautiful!! And I too love all that hair!!
I have bald babies....well really blond babies so it looks like there is no hair!!

Well I have hit the 31 week mark and now my count down begins....and my craziness too!:running:
I have been beaten up so often from the inside it hurts! I am tired, can't sleep...pretty much the whole nine yards! Sorry had to complain just a bit! So the next few weeks can just fly by that would be fine by me!
Tomorrow we go for our last 3-d u/s of this little boy....and I can't wait to see how much he has filled out and to see which one of his brothers he looks like. All my boys have looked so much a like it was crazy....the last 3-d we did this baby looked a lot like his brother Evan's 3-d pic's at the same gestation....so it will be neat to see if he looks like the other boys now....(that and I can't compare this round of pic's of this baby to Evan's as we lost him at 26 weeks or so gestation) get very excited wishing the day would go faster!!! :bigsmile:

And to the question about birth control.......we are both getting fixed!! Last baby for us no matter what.....this pg has been really rough on my body and I don't think I could handle going through another one. :tissue:

Myloves
March 9th, 2012, 03:21 AM
I know I don't post here, but congrats on your new baby girl GG! She's adorable.

auroara78
March 9th, 2012, 10:03 AM
GG, she is sooo beautiful! love that shock of dark hair! you'll have to post more pics!!!

princesssarah34
March 10th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Here is 1 picture from yesterdays 3-D scan!
And after looking at his pic and then my other boys.....he is a combo of
the 2. But I think he may not look anything like them too! But he is adorable
.....just to see that sweet face and his chubby little cheeks....I cried a little!
I am truly in love with this little one......gender not a problem anymore for me! :happy:

And sorry if the pic is a little big.....my computer is acting up and didn't feel like dealing with downsizing it....or trying anyway since this stupid thing like to freeze up on me in mid doing something! :hair:

Mochagirl
March 10th, 2012, 07:44 PM
What a gorgeous baby, princesssarah! :HH:

Myloves
March 10th, 2012, 08:57 PM
A beautiful baby boy Sarah!

lobella2
March 10th, 2012, 09:12 PM
He is darling Sarah!

dannikins
March 10th, 2012, 10:01 PM
cute little bub...:)

zanacal
March 11th, 2012, 11:20 AM
He's lovely princesssarah - and just 8 weeks or so until you meet him! Woohoo!

Inglewood
March 12th, 2012, 12:50 PM
princesssarah, he's a cutie for sure!! xx

DoulaMama
March 12th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Ugh...the little stinker is breech...She's been head down the entire time and now she decides to stress me out??? Atleast my SPD feels better;) LOL

DoulaMama
March 12th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Sarah- he's super cute!! We have so many ladies due around the same time!!

Begonia just had her little girl.... And then it's ELP, Ingle...and then me?...then lobella, Psarah, Zan, Dannikans...

Tweedle-when is your EDD? Who am I missing?

Glittergirl
March 12th, 2012, 04:20 PM
She's gooorgeous GG!!!!!! I hope your home now or soon and can start to really enjoy your gorgeous new family xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Elp--You're due any day now! I think our due dates were about the same....mine was March 12 and Eva Lili decided to come a day early. Wishing you the best with your little guy!

Glittergirl
March 12th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Elp--You're due any day now! I think our due dates were about the same....mine was March 12 and Eva Lili decided to come a day early. Wishing you the best with your little guy!
OOPS i meant a week early!

Glittergirl
March 12th, 2012, 04:23 PM
PrincessSarah--your baby is just adorable--what a lovely face, you got a really good 3d shot!

Glittergirl
March 12th, 2012, 04:30 PM
She is absolutely darling!!!! Oh my goodness :) I'm so thrilled for you and your family:HH: Can't wait to see more pics! What do your sons think? :D

The boys were thrilled to meet her. My oldest, who wanted another brother (he said he wanted us to have the world record of most boys in the family--go figure the mind of a 9 year old) is just in love with her. he didn't think he would want a sister. My middle child is just so gentle with her and always wants to hold her and checks on her. My youngest....well I feel sorry for him. He loves her somedays and somedays he feels left out. He pets her hair really hard sometimes ( I know that devilish look on his face when he does it) and has been acting up. today and yesterday have been better for him. He told me he loves her so much. I have DH watch all the kids while he and I go out for some one-on-one time and that has helped a lot. But he's been so used to being my baby that it's hard for him when I'm holding her or nursing her. He's used to napping with me when I was pregnant and always sitting in my lap. I think it will get better as more time goes by. we're trying to be extra gentle with him right now and letting him know how special he is.

Glittergirl
March 12th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Ugh...the little stinker is breech...She's been head down the entire time and now she decides to stress me out??? Atleast my SPD feels better;) LOL
Girls like to stress out their parents (that's what every mom of a teenage girl tells me anyway)--I bet she's gonna turn again....you still have lots of time for that!

dannikins
March 12th, 2012, 08:39 PM
here is my 28 week belly pic.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/28weeks-1.jpg

Myloves
March 13th, 2012, 04:16 AM
The boys were thrilled to meet her. My oldest, who wanted another brother (he said he wanted us to have the world record of most boys in the family--go figure the mind of a 9 year old) is just in love with her. he didn't think he would want a sister. My middle child is just so gentle with her and always wants to hold her and checks on her. My youngest....well I feel sorry for him. He loves her somedays and somedays he feels left out. He pets her hair really hard sometimes ( I know that devilish look on his face when he does it) and has been acting up. today and yesterday have been better for him. He told me he loves her so much. I have DH watch all the kids while he and I go out for some one-on-one time and that has helped a lot. But he's been so used to being my baby that it's hard for him when I'm holding her or nursing her. He's used to napping with me when I was pregnant and always sitting in my lap. I think it will get better as more time goes by. we're trying to be extra gentle with him right now and letting him know how special he is.

Trust me, your ds3 will get over his jealousy :) My own second boy loved Ruby, but did not like the fact that he was not the baby anymore - but now they're the best little buddies, so sweet to watch play together.

Inglewood
March 13th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Dannikins, great bump pic!! I haven't taken one for a while, really should.

Myloves, one of my babies will be a Ruby, the other Amber.

GG, My DS1 wanted another boy! think he's dreading 2 girls growing up!! (again 9yr old boy's mind??) and ds2 was desp for a baby sister, he's my baby and although so excited about having the twins, he'll take it hard having 2 babies to get past to spend time with me, although like u just need to taketime out with him. He's 5, so not too little, but a very 'young' 5yr old. !

auroara78
March 13th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I think my DS1 will take the new baby harder than the baby.

The baby is still only 10 mos old and he's going to still be kind of oblivious when the new baby comes. DS2 is very rebellious already and I think he'll just do his own thing, DS1 will be 5 in Oct (the baby comes in Sept) and he loves lying on me, he likes petting my hair. DS1 is such a momma's boy he was really not happy when DS2 was being held all the time. Now that DS2 is mobile and driving everyone batty, DS1 is happier. I know he's a good kid tho, and he'll be loving and gentle as he was with DS2, but I know he won't be happy at first to see another baby fill my arms so soon.

tweedledeedum
March 13th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Hi girls! I haven't been on for a bit and I missed so much!

GG- Huge congrats on the birth of your baby girl! She is so beautiful and has such wonderful hair! You'll have to share more pics when you have time.

DG- I'm due May 22.

Seeing GGs baby makes me so excited to meet my own little baby! I can't believe how close we are all getting to having these babies! I am feeling better now but the heartburn has started! Baby is still transverse too - hoping she turns in the next few weeks. I have bought way too many clothes and occasionally am having fears that she has turned into a boy since our last ultrasound was at 21 wks.

Has everyone bought car seats yet? I need a new one and I have been debating whether it is worth it to get the ones that go up to 35lbs instead of 22. Any thoughts? I had one super chunky baby who outgrew the 22lb seat by 4 months and one skinny minny who was fine in the seat much longer.

Hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to see the coming babies!

Mochagirl
March 13th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Dannikins - that's one GORGEOUS belly you have! I'm just starting to show now and am enjoying showing off my belly...at home at least. I'm not telling a lot of people about the pregnancy until I get the results from my triple screen - just very close friends and family so far.

When did you ladies start to feel your babies move? I can't remember at all when I felt my other babies for the first time, but I swear the past couple of days I've felt a couple of flutters down there. Is this even possible at 13 weeks?

Tweedle - nice to hear from you! IMHO, you should definitely go for the seat with the higher limit. Babies and toddlers are safest in a rear facing position and the longer you can keep them that way the better. In Canada it's the law to keep them rear-facing until they're at least 1. I kept all my kids rear facing until they were 2, and that's the official recommendation in a lot of countries now, including the U.S. and Canada. Lots of mamas choose to keep their kids rear-facing even longer than that.

zanacal
March 13th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Hi ladies!

Mocha - I felt flutters at 13 weeks too but then practically nothing until around 19/20 weeks! Glad to hear your baby's getting wriggly :D I completely agree about keeping babies rear facing for as long as possible and wish it was the law here too. So many babies outgrow their first stage seats and their parents switch them to forward facing far too early, it scares me to see it.

Dannikins - great bump! You have been so good at taking photos but I have hardly any! Must do something about that :D

Doula - Oh no!! What a little tinker, I hope she spins back for you soon! I'm happy to hear Begonia had her baby - was there an announcement somewhere? I've been trying to track her down and see how she is and whether she's had the baby yet!

There are lots of babies to come before mine - lots of excitement!! Good luck ELP, can't wait to hear your news very soon :D

AFM - I had another funny turn driving to work this morning. I'm pretty convinced now that I'm getting panic attacks as these episodes/skipping heart/jolting awake in the night etc started soon after my DVT scare. I only ever get the really scary episodes when I'm driving and I'm sure if it was something else I'd get them at other times too. I'm a very anxious person usually anyway and panic/anxiety probably runs in my family - my mum and sister have both suffered. I hate driving and if I thought about it too much I'd never leave the house so perhaps that's why it happens then. I always worry about something happening to me and leaving the children or something happening to one of them and those feelings are worse when I'm pregnant. It's official, I'm a nutcase!! 30 weeks tomorrow, thank goodness! Feels like the end is in sight when you get to 30-something weeks!

auroara78
March 13th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Zan, not to butt into this thread for the 2nd time today, (but I will!), I have anxiety and driving makes it a ton worst.

I literally have this odd fear of left lanes and will avoid them at all costs. My drive to work forces me to take them every day and some days i do great and some days I feel like im gonna to have a heart attack waiting for that green left arrow to tell me its my turn! The only thing that's really helping me is being preoccupied when im driving, if I keep my thoughts busy on other things, any other thing, besides that the fact that I am indeed behind the wheel of a car, it goes a lot better.

I hate having the issue, because getting around is a chore and I just hate driving in general, and i totally am so high strung with nerves about it that I don't drive long distances anymore. If we got to see my mom who lives an hour away, my hubby drives.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know you are NOT alone :) You're not a nutcase, and if you were, I guess that'd make me a nutcase too :)

HopeandDreamG
March 13th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Mocha- I 100% felt the baby in my last pregnancy at 12ish weeks! Doc said it was super early but it was total fluttering knew it was the babe. Don't normally post here just wanted u to know it's def possible ;)

Mochagirl
March 13th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks, ladies for the reassurance that I'm not crazy and it could be baby movements I'm feeling this early.

Z - I'm a nervous driver too, and I also worry constantly about something happening to me and leaving my kids without a mother. I learned to drive as a teenager, but then lived for 15 years in big cities with no access to a car. When we moved to our current city, we had two babies and I realized I'd have to start driving again. I still avoid the highway like the plague, but I'm generally ok in the city. One of the reasons I'm having trouble deciding about my private scan is that I will have to drive by myself about an hour on 3 different highways to get there!

zanacal
March 13th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Thank you so much Auro and Mocha, glad to hear I'm not alone. I think parenthood in general makes those of us who are natural worriers even more anxious!

dannikins
March 13th, 2012, 06:22 PM
mocha, i was feeling bubs by then. not very frequently, but i know it was def the baby, i even got the doppler on it once to make sure....:)

princesssarah34
March 14th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Hi Ladies.........went for a routine check up on Monday and Dr tells me I passed all the glucose tests fine...except he said my numbers where a little on the high side.....HUH? So now I am being treat as if I have Gestation Diab. as I am to moniter my glucose 7 times a day and he wants my numbers to be under 100 before a meal and under 130 1 hour after. I am so confused as to what the normal range is for this....I have read under 100 before and under 180 after...under 100 before and under 140 after and even under 120 after a meal........What is the normal range for this. And just to point out I don't have Gest. Diab. And so far I have been failing all the after meal test (esp if I really am to stay under 130). I go see the Nutritionist today but I have already tried changing some things in how and what I eat.
I really don't understand why I even have to do this if I passed all the test? Oh and I also get to go weekly now for a non stress test....this I understand as it is a measure they put in place for all women that have lost a baby. The gal told me today though that they will at least coordinate the appt on the same day as I have a dr appt.....so that will save us in gas at least there!
I only have about 8 weeks left...I have not enjoyed being pg at all and now all this too?? Why can't I just enjoy the last few weeks??? I am so stressed out already and now I get more plopped on my plate. UGH I need a vacation for mylife!!!!

zanacal
March 15th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Ugh, that doesn't make sense that you have to do that. Sorry I don't have any advice as I have no experience. I don't think they even test here unless there's a specific reason to.

princesssarah34
March 15th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Well after meeting with the nutritionist yesterday....I am what they say is borderline Gest. diabetic. And after looking at all the things I can eat I am really sad about this stupid stuff. I know this is best for the baby but I already am hating being pg and now this.....can we say very depressed about it all. I hate hate hate this.....I am at the point where I don't want to even eat anything on this list...my stomach has not felt good anyway after I eat and now this is just a cherry on the cake.
Sorry I just needed to vent somewhere about all this. Today is not a good day over all this.....pretty sad when you actually cry over the fact you can't eat what you want and enjoy the last few weeks.

princesssarah34
March 15th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Well after meeting with the nutritionist yesterday....I am what they say is borderline Gest. diabetic. And after looking at all the things I can eat I am really sad about this stupid stuff. I know this is best for the baby but I already am hating being pg and now this.....can we say very depressed about it all. I hate hate hate this.....I am at the point where I don't want to even eat anything on this list...my stomach has not felt good anyway after I eat and now this is just a cherry on the cake.
Sorry I just needed to vent somewhere about all this. Today is not a good day over all this.....pretty sad when you actually cry over the fact you can't eat what you want and enjoy the last few weeks.

Mochagirl
March 15th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry, princesssarah - that's awful that you have to deal with this :HH:.

zanacal
March 16th, 2012, 05:51 AM
I'm sorry princesssarah, I hope the next few weeks fly by for you so you get to meet your precious little man and eat whatever you want!

DoulaMama
March 16th, 2012, 11:37 PM
I've been crazy busy this week..but I will write to everyone tomorrow! Lots of news on this thread:)

I'm saying goodbye to my hubby for another 2 weeks:( I'm having a pity party right now... I really don't want him to go. He'll be 5 hours away(across the Rocky Mountains) and doesn't come home until I'm 37.3 weeks. Ugh:( I'm hoping my "solo birth" dream is not going to come true.

I'll drop in tomorrow:) xoxo J

Mochagirl
March 17th, 2012, 09:36 AM
She's Gorgeous, GG!!!!!

My big news is I've booked a gender scan for April 5th. That's in less than 3 weeks. Gulp!

lobella2
March 17th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Cute pic GG.

I can't wait to see your new ultrasound pics on April 5 Mocha:) Hopefully the 3 weeks will pass quickly.

zanacal
March 17th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Aww, she's lovely GG :D

So exciting Mocha - I'll have to put a reminder on my calendar!!

Glittergirl
March 17th, 2012, 06:23 PM
She's Gorgeous, GG!!!!!

My big news is I've booked a gender scan for April 5th. That's in less than 3 weeks. Gulp!

wow! Totally gonna stalk you! So exciting!

zanacal
March 18th, 2012, 09:01 AM
ELP - I haven't missed a birth announcement have I?! It's your turn :D Good luck!!

Inglewood
March 18th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Princesssarah, I had GD (borderline) with ds1 at 32wks also. But didn't need to monitor my blood sugar, just my urine. I am a nurse, but those numbers are alien to me as a normal blood sugar level with the prick test is between 5-8 here in the uk. Sorry!

Mocah, WOW!!! 2 days after twins here, will pop on as soon as I get home and a spare min!!! Or try and suss out Dh's fancy phone! x

Mochagirl
March 18th, 2012, 03:51 PM
I'm feeling like there's no way I'll be lucky enough to have a girl, and the verdict with my nub shot is pretty much 50/50, so you probably won't be missing out on much if you're a couple of days late hearing the news, inglewood.

zanacal
March 18th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Chin up Mocha, you have as much chance as everybody else! I'm glad the waiting will be over for you soon.

Has anybody suffered from eye strain during pregnancy? I'm getting this every day now, kind of a headache but in my eyes and I feel like I want to lie in a darkened room with my eyes closed by dinner time! It's one thing after another this pregnancy!

princesssarah34
March 18th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Princesssarah, I had GD (borderline) with ds1 at 32wks also. But didn't need to monitor my blood sugar, just my urine. I am a nurse, but those numbers are alien to me as a normal blood sugar level with the prick test is between 5-8 here in the uk. Sorry! x

Thanks Ingle..........I am to stay below 100 before I eat and 130 1 hour after I eat......so far on the diet my numbers are all over the place. They give you a list of what you can eat and can't and how much. If I eat what they tell me to my numbers are still high....and if I eat less they are still high (not as bad) but it I don't eat what is on the list and just have barely anything (starving basicly) I am not getting enough calories to feed the baby. I am so frustrated right now with this.....I am 100% sure after 5 days on this diet for Gest.Diab. that I will need insulin to get it all balanced out.....which at this point is fine by me.....I can't starve myself to keep my numbers low...and I can't eat whatever I want either or what is on the list and keep them low. Oh well I am trying...right?

Mocha......don't lose hope just yet....you never know. But whatever your blessing of a baby is you will love him or her beyond all else.

Inglewood
March 18th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks Ingle..........I am to stay below 100 before I eat and 130 1 hour after I eat......so far on the diet my numbers are all over the place. They give you a list of what you can eat and can't and how much. If I eat what they tell me to my numbers are still high....and if I eat less they are still high (not as bad) but it I don't eat what is on the list and just have barely anything (starving basicly) I am not getting enough calories to feed the baby. I am so frustrated right now with this.....I am 100% sure after 5 days on this diet for Gest.Diab. that I will need insulin to get it all balanced out.....which at this point is fine by me.....I can't starve myself to keep my numbers low...and I can't eat whatever I want either or what is on the list and keep them low. Oh well I am trying...right?

Mocha......don't lose hope just yet....you never know. But whatever your blessing of a baby is you will love him or her beyond all else.

Your absolutely trying, it's tough going!! I was lucky, just had to make sure the glucose levels in my urine was never more than one + With ds2 I was lucky never to have it and this pg I'm super paranoid about it and always ask if there is glucose in my urine. Funny how you can have it 1 pg and not any other pg's or like u vice versa..... hope they get it sorted for you as u can't starve urself, not good for u or baby! x

Inglewood
March 18th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Mocha, you have just a good a chance of a girl as boy right now!!! I'll be thinking of you and 'hopefully' (having lots of what if they got it wrong moments) blowing lots of PINK dust your way by then! xx

Mochagirl
March 18th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Sorry for the pity party, ladies. Just feeling really down today. I just have a gut feeling this is another boy, and I'm already going into a depression about it even though I don't know for sure yet! Today I was reading a magazine with a story talking about someone doing something with their daughter and I started thinking 'What if I never get to experience that' and started crying. It makes it harder when ds says things to me like 'It would be nice to have another girl in the house', when he doesn't even know I'm pregnant yet!! Damn pregnancy hormones are making it all worse. It's just so terrifying - this is IT. My last chance. We DEFINITELY won't be having any more babies, so if this one's a boy, I'll never know what it's like to have a daughter. Oh damn - there I go again, weeping :tissue:

Sorry to offload on you ladies, who are preparing to meet your gorgeous babies. It's just that you've all been with me since the beginning of this very long journey, so I know you'll understand.

dannikins
March 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM
mocha we totally get it!
please DO offload here, you have to do it somewhere, and where better than here with all of us, who know what your talking about.
i went through the same thing a few weeks before my anatomy scan, i was so sure i would be seeing boy bits.

luckily i didnt see any bits so i can now enjoy the rest of the pregnancy with the possibility of pink.

i went through horrible depression when i found out i was having boy number 4.
luckily once he was born it just melted away, and i actually feel a stronger bond with him than the first 3.

part of me feels done!
if this is a girl, then i WILL be sending DH to the chop shop.
i would love to have a dozen babies, but the fact is we are running out of room, and i cant keep having kids forever, there will be a time when i have to start the next stage of things.

but on the other hand , if its another boy, i think we will try again.
time will tell.....

right now im trying not to think about the gender, which i guess is a bit easier with it all getting so close, and i have so much to do.....

just remember mocha, applesoup felt the exact same way, and she is expecting her pink bundle, you have just as good a chance as her!!!!!

Mochagirl
March 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks, dannikins. I was feeling really optimistic a week ago, but as soon as I booked my early gender scan I started to panic and have CONVINCED myself I'll hear boy. I know you all know what I'm going through. I swayed unsuccessfully with ds3 too, so it's daunting when I remember how heartbroken I was when I heard boy that time...and that was when I knew we could possibly try again, which we definitely won't be doing this time.

zanacal
March 20th, 2012, 01:07 PM
{hugs} mocha. I cried my eyes out after my 12 week scan I was so certain it was a boy!

Mochagirl
March 20th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Thanks, Z - I'm feeling a lot better today. I pm'd coldwater and asked her to have a look at my pic - she said she thinks 85% chance of a girl based on that picture. Foxy has said she'd lean pink, and a tech friend of a friend has said it's 'definitely a girl'. I've decided to allow myself a tiny bit of hope since I've realised this is the last time in my life I can even daydream about having a girl. Once I hear boy, the dream is gone, and I'll need to just move on. There's no point in making myself miserable now when there's no reason to be - there'll be plenty of time for that later if I hear boy. I even let myself walk through a baby girl department at a clothing store yesterday to dream about the things I could buy. Only 2 weeks and 2 days until I find out!

Inglewood
March 21st, 2012, 09:11 AM
Mocha, sorry to hear ur having a rough time. I was panic stricken thinking I would have twin boys and how would I cope after hearing that not only would I never have my girl, but 2 more boys, not just 1. My nub pic's weren't all that good for people to see and here it's 2 girls, so never give up hope, bet u wish in a way u could rush away those 2wks and 2 days... big hugs. xx

Inglewood
March 22nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Princess, after my last post I had my urine checked and have ++ glucose!! ahhh!! Thankfully they'll be out in 12 sleeps! Then it might not get any worse. Hope things are easier for u and more controlled??

dannikins
March 22nd, 2012, 11:22 PM
OMG ingle that is sooooooooooooooooooooo close...
cant wait to see some pics....!!

princesssarah34
March 22nd, 2012, 11:56 PM
Princess, after my last post I had my urine checked and have ++ glucose!! ahhh!! Thankfully they'll be out in 12 sleeps! Then it might not get any worse. Hope things are easier for u and more controlled??

Thanks Ingle.....but I have not been able to control the blood sugar with diet at all....I have tried all kinds of things. And followed the list to a T.....and still not good enough. Oh well if meds are what is going to control them then that is what has to be done. I only have about 6-7 weeks left so...we will see what the Dr says on Monday. Most days I am in tears because I am trying so hard and not cheating on this diet....but I want to so bad. Today I broke down and ate 2 M&M's while I was giving ds#3 his MM snack (trail mix with mm's).....they were so good!! I am suppose to have no juice or any thing super high in sugar stuff like cakes, cookies, etc. And it is even harder because they said you would feel better o this diet.....well I feel worse....go figure. I am pretty sure that I may not be absorbing any of the carbs properly. Carbs are suppose to turn to sugars for energy...I think they are turning to sugar but not being absorbed for enegry. Who knows I just know I don't feel any better than I did before I found out I had to do this diet.

DoulaMama
March 23rd, 2012, 01:32 AM
Sarah- This may not be what you're interested in...but if you can get ahold of the book Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering it has some info about GD and testing etc that you may find very interesting. It's written by an MD. She really goes through all the testing and why it's being done, how it affects you, how it may mean nothing etc. It quite eye opening. I, for one, have issues with sugar every pregnancy. I spill +2 to +3 sugars all the time. But my GD testing comes back ok. Others have a borderline test but rarely spill sugar on the strip. GD testing is different all over the world...no 2 countries tend to do it the same.....which is slightly odd and makes you wonder. The reason you feel terrible may be because you should be eating normally. Many times a woman is put on a GD diet and the outcome does not change much at all. Babies may be bigger, but many times only slightly. It also increases stress for the mom and stress is bad for both of you. I would research it all a bit more before jumping straight to insulin...but this is just what I would do:) If you feel worse....there's a reason for that. Take Care! J

DoulaMama
March 23rd, 2012, 01:46 AM
Hello All!!

Mocha- so excited for you!!! I'm sooo hoping that you hear "GIRL" at your scan! :HH:

Z- how are you feeling lately? You're in the 30's now!!!! How exciting! It's going to fly by now!!!

Ingle- So close now, Mama!! You must be very excited to meet your daughters!!! Can't wait to see pics and "oooh and awwwe" over them!

I just looked at my ticker and instead of just looking at the part that says "36w1d" I looked at the pic and had a minor freak out! That little baby is so darn close to the 40 now!! Holy crap! I'm kinda ready but not really....27 days seems like tomorrow....LOL

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty yicky :( I'm pretty sure I either have a tummy bug or my m/s has come back with vengeance....ugh. I puked like crazy last night. Feel a bit better today but have to eat very small bits all day long or I feel sick. My SPD is a bit better today...sciatica still sucks...and the baby is taking up so much room I feel breathless(worse when I lay down). I haven't been able to do much these last few weeks with all the pelvic pain I've been having so just walking up the stairs leaves me winded.....I've never had this before- anyone feel the same? I feel like I'm totally out of shape:( These last few weeks have kicked my ass:( I'm getting more and more content about this one being my last baby. I do not want to go through this again. Oh and the cervical pain!!! OMG. This baby likes to cram it's head down there and make me squirm! I grabbed my crotch in front of 3 people in the bank yesterday!! How embarrassing!!! I think I went 8 shades of red!
My gawd I'm a complainer....sorry guys...just needed to vent.

I hope everyone is doing ok. I've been doing a lot of craft stuff lately as it's the only thing I can really do. My kids are so bored...I can't wait to walk easily again....sigh

Take Care!!
~J xo

Mochagirl
March 23rd, 2012, 07:40 AM
I'm sorry about all the troubles you ladies are having! DM you sound so sick and miserable! Hopefully it's a bug and will pass quickly. As for the baby related stuff...at least she'll be here soon.

Princesssarah - that really sucks about the blood sugar stuff. I've always tested ok but worry every time because I have a long history of diabetes in my family. I hope it gets sorted out soon!

lobella2
March 23rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
I am so looking forward to being done with this pregnancy also. DM I am getting that same cervical pain and I have started to feel sick again in the morning. I am definitely okay with this being my last. I also get winded really easily and feel like I am totally out of shape. I am hoping this baby comes early. My other 2 were 1 and 2 weeks early so hopefully this one will be too.

princesssarah34
March 23rd, 2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks DoulaMama................I have researched until my brain hurts from reading so much. I talking with the doc Monday and we will go from there. I have to say this pg has been very different than my others and I have had a lot more pain and yuckiness than any of my others. I figure one it is because I am older and not a spry as I once was. But what ever the cause I am trying to just let myself not stress over it to much. Although that is easier said than done. And that is another thing I am going to talk to the dr about....my plate is so full right now that this diet has me teetering that plate badly. But for now I am just going to take it one day at a time until Monday and by golly I am gonna enjoy myself tomorrow at my friends baby shower!!!!

zanacal
March 23rd, 2012, 04:54 PM
{hugs} to everybody having a crappy time. The end is in sight for all of us - I can't believe our babies will be born so soon! Has anybody heard from ELP? Wonder if baby has arrived!

DM - your boys will be fine. You just chill out and do what you want and can. I remember being very lazy towards the end of my pregnancy with DS3 and just letting the boys be, I got quite into the swing of it in the end! My due date seems close and so far away at the same time! I'm on count down to maternity leave at the end of April (with some time off over the Easter break before then!) so that doesn't feel too far away but we're not ready with the boys' bedroom/nursery yet and there doesn't feel like enough time for that - not the it matters really with the baby being in with us, it's just more likely to get done now than it is after she's born!! I have no idea how you have time for all your crafting!

DoulaMama
March 23rd, 2012, 07:55 PM
Z- Thanks:HH: I'm trying to let the house go right now and I'll worry about it later...but that's easier said than done when nesting is such a huge urge right now:( oh well.
Oh and if you go on the TTC Blue Crew grads in the BFP section- ELP has pics etc of her little blondie on there:) He's super sweet:)

M- Thank you:) For some reason I didn't expect the end to be this hard:(

Lob- misery loves company;) LOL We're almost there Mama!!! :)

Sarah- I really hope you feel better soon:) Hugs~~~

Inglewood
March 24th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Princess, DM is right, it's so different everywhere, but your right to investigate things yourself and question everything! I have a friend who had GD (with insulin) with baby 1 and he was average weight, she never got it again with 3 other pg's either. It's a weird one! I had it borderline with ds1 my blood sugar was a good bit above average (always) even tho I ate as I was told and they never did anything about it. Never had it with ds2 and now starting to get glucose in my urine, but will never know if it would of got worse since they will be here in 10 days. I'm so sure ur being so good and it must be so annoying that things are still the same and u don't feel better, but don't beat urself up over 2 M&M's... how could u not!! was only 2! Enjoy ur baby shower and GL monday! x

Inglewood
March 24th, 2012, 05:02 AM
DM, I feel for my boys too!! Ds1 is 9 and can play with friends more, but ds2 (is 5) relies on me more, so next wkend we are having a Fun wkend before babies are here. Going to a superhero day to help plant super fruits (ds2 loves gardening). To the cinema for ds1, then out for tea. If nice we can go to the park too, will be a busy but worthwhile wkend!!

Sure our boys will be fine, I have moments when I worry about it more and feel for ds2 who has been my 'baby' for years!

DoulaMama
March 26th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks guys:) I'm trying to remind myself that these last few weeks will go by quickly and before you know it I'll be able to move around again no problem and take the kids out again. We stay home a lot any way as I homeschool, but they're used to atleast one playdate per week and one outing with me and daddy so, lately its been boring, to say the least.
So...just 5 more days left in March!!! Yay! And then Ingle, Lobella and myself are in the homestretch!! So exciting!!!
Anyone doing a last minute datenight with DH? I'm hoping we can go for dinner and a movie... We haven't done that for 2 years! Yikes!

lobella2
March 26th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I am counting the days until April also:) We actually had a date night on Friday night. My son's karate class had a parents night out night where you pay, basically for babysitting, while you go out. It was so nice to go out for dinner without the kids. We don't do that often enough.

Wow Inglewood you are so close! Do you have everything ready for the twins arrival? I am pretty ready, but everyday I think of something else that I need to do before she comes.

zanacal
March 26th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I'm so not ready! I keep thinking 8 weeks is a long time but I guess it's going to fly by!

I said to DH last night we must arrange for a babysitter so we can go out for a meal before the baby arrives :D

I have a poorly little DS2. I think he's had tonsilitis and whilst he doesn't have any real symptoms any more, no temperature or anything, he's so exhausted. He went to my mum's while I was at work today and did nothing but sit and watch telly, then he fell asleep on the sofa when we got home and is still there. I've never known him sleep so much! Oh hang on, he's waking up now!

Glittergirl
March 26th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Hi girls! Just checking in to see if there is any baby news! I've been sleep deprived and trying to entertain my poor boys during the day since they have been on a 2 week spring break. I feel bad cause I haven't been able to really take them anywhere since I don't want the baby out and about--afraid she may get sick since flu season has really picked up here. Luckily many friends have invited the boys over for play dates or birthdays and luckily they go back to school tomorrow. Anyway, thinking of all of you and your babies that will soon be arriving! I'm so tired but feel so blessed to have another baby--I didn't realize how much I miss the new born phase. Just enjoy your last few weeks--I already miss being pregnant--I guess it's cause this was the last for me--so I'm trying to enjoy these new born sleepless nights as much as possible cause this too will end :)

zanacal
March 27th, 2012, 01:20 PM
So glad to hear everything is well GG! I too enjoy the first newborn weeks and prefer to bunker down and stay close to home - but more difficult with the older children!!

Mochagirl
March 27th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I love those early days with a newborn too! I feel so honoured I'm going to get to experience that again. Enjoy, GG! :HH:

dannikins
March 29th, 2012, 06:35 PM
its so exciting, time has really flown by!!!

i have to go in to the ward later and have another check up, i had my regular check up on monday, but i woke up yesterday with these nasty lumpy bruises on the back of my leg, its quite tender, and my leg feels kinda funny, with numb patches on my calf, so they want to check for DVT.

other than that everything is good, and i have started getting the baby stuff sorted...:)

Mochagirl
March 29th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I hope everything's ok - keep us posted, dannikins!

princesssarah34
March 29th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Well ladies......looks like just 6 more weeks for myself. Which will most like feel like it is dragging on forever!!:sigh: But that always seems to be the way the last few weeks go...at least for me they do.
I had posted on my FB page yesterday that it felt like forever and with this stupid diet I am on made it seem worse....but I had one friend comment that I can't change what I started so I need to just think positive and move on. Now I know she meant well and all but.....my god can't I vent to my friends and family anymore!!! She has one child and I have 3 (going on 4) and she doesn't have to deal with this pg and all my boys and family stuff too. Sorry it just irrated me a bit and I felt like I couldn't vent it out without being told to suck it up.
So as for this diet it sucks ladies.....and I mean bad......I craving things so bad. Some nights I lay awake thinking about food....or if I am asleep I am dreaming about. I have another Dr. appt. Monday and an appt. with the nutritionist.....my Dr. could tell I was really trying to get my numbers down last monday.....but they are still all over the place. I am beginning to see that I can't eat any starches and the other day I eat a small apple and it sent my numbers way over. So looks like fruit is out too. Problem with that is the starches and fruits are what giving you a certain amount of what should be healthy carbs to help with energy....and fruit of course is healthy for vitamins etc. So oddly enough I can eat the same thing for lunch everyday and my numbers are high one day fine the next....and the other day (this was way weird) I ate breakfast and 1 hour later my blood sugar was 127 (great) and i got dressed and headed out the door to my appts for the day.....one hour after I tested 127...we stopped for lunch before my 1oclock appt and then 2oclock appt. I tested before I ate lunch and my blood sugar was 136..and I had nothing to eat after my 127 number! Crazy I tell ya CRAZY!!!

dannikins
March 30th, 2012, 02:45 AM
well, i had some bloods done to check my blood count, and have to wear compression stockings.
and i have to back early next week to see if its resolving itself.
they also told me to take ibuprofen, which im not too keen on....but if the OB recommends it then it cant be bad , right?
even though they dont recommend it in the last 3 months of pregnancy, i guess a couple days at 30 weeks would be safe?

they said if it gets any worse pain wise, or if the bruising gets bigger, i have to go straight back in.

Mochagirl
March 30th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Princess - so sorry you're going through that! And OF COURSE you should be allowed to vent! Your friend's comment would have annoyed me too.

Dannikins - i took ibuprofen for almost a week when I was about 30 weeks pregnant with ds3. In my case it was because I was in a lot of pain with an ear infection and got confused about what I was allowed to take. Everything turned out ok - my mws said they worry more if you're. Lose to delivery because it can cause bleeding issues. I hope you feel better soon!

lobella2
March 30th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Princess and Dannikins - Sorry to hear about all you are going through. I hope things get better soon.

I just had my 36 week appointment and I am 1.5cm and 50% effaced. I hope it will progress quickly, I am so ready to be done with pregnancy and hold my baby girl. I know with my daughter I was like that for weeks so I know it doesn't tell me much:)

princesssarah34
March 31st, 2012, 02:37 PM
So many of us are so close to the end (so to speak)!! It is super exciting!!:omg:

Inglewood
March 31st, 2012, 07:01 PM
Hi all, been MIA past few days, super busy preparing for twins, now here in 2 sleeps (after tonight, just off to bed). House falling apart too, Dh still decorating so no date night for us sadly. I've had to go to hosp 9am and 9pm today and tomorrow for steriod injections, which are so painful!! :( but worth it! My section time THANKFULLY been brought forward to 0830hrs....from 1.30pm....so happy!

We really are almost there many of us. So exciting and can't believe I'm going 1st, a whole month early. Going out for a meal as a family of 4 for the last time on monday night and tom whilst Dh is wallpapering the living room, the boys and I are going to out local garden centre to plant strawberries.

Sorry to hear a few of you have been poorly and having probs. Hope ur better soon and get to enjoy the end stages of what is (for many of you) your last pg's. I can't believe I only have my bump for 2 more days after tonight.... Here's a recent pic of my 'hippo belly'....lol Excuse the mis-matched black and navy...lol was having a cleaning day and whatever fitted I wore...lol

Take care Ladies and pop on before tues. xx

Mochagirl
March 31st, 2012, 07:20 PM
Squee!!! I can't believe your babies are coming so soon, Inglewood! I can't wait to see pictures! Gorgeous belly, by the way - I should dig up pics of my twin belly for you.

zanacal
April 1st, 2012, 04:53 AM
You look fantastic Inglewood :D I'm chuckling that you have DH wallpapering the living room this weekend - isn't it funny that we feel the need to do so many jobs before the baby arrives! I can't wait to hear your news on Tuesday! Is it ok if I update the ladies here after I read your FB announcement? I know you said you wouldn't be online for a while. Enjoy the next couple of days :D

dannikins
April 1st, 2012, 10:27 PM
im so excited for you!!!!!! and cant wait to see some pics of your ones...:)

tweedledeedum
April 2nd, 2012, 03:13 PM
the belly looks great, I! Can't wait to see pics of your little ones! Good luck!

Inglewood
April 2nd, 2012, 06:02 PM
You look fantastic Inglewood :D I'm chuckling that you have DH wallpapering the living room this weekend - isn't it funny that we feel the need to do so many jobs before the baby arrives! I can't wait to hear your news on Tuesday! Is it ok if I update the ladies here after I read your FB announcement? I know you said you wouldn't be online for a while. Enjoy the next couple of days :D

Z, that would be great, please let them know!! We had decorated the living room, got a leaky chimney and it's only just dried out to re-decorate!! nightmare! Now house 99% done and cot up.... so just to get some sleep and be ready for an early start.

Hope ur all well and thanks for ur kind wishes. Here goes...................... lol xx

Glittergirl
April 2nd, 2012, 07:40 PM
So excited for you Inglewood! Keep us posted Z!

DoulaMama
April 2nd, 2012, 08:37 PM
Can't wait to hear how everything goes!! Good luck tomorrow, Ingle!
I hope the birth goes well with no complications~~~~Enjoy seeing your babies for the first time!! How exciting!!!! xoxo
J

DoulaMama
April 2nd, 2012, 08:37 PM
GG- You have to update your siggy...and we need another pic...LOL

DoulaMama
April 2nd, 2012, 08:50 PM
OMG....I feel very done over here.....another 2 weeks or so. I'm hoping to get a few more freezer meals done, a thorough house clean, check my birth pool(inflate and make sure it's good to go), start on a quilt for this babe, and buy one more gift for the friend that is taking pics at my birth. Other than that...I'm pretty much ready!

I've been having quite a few bh's lately and pooping like crazy(sorry tmi) so I hope that I have this kid in the next 2 weeks. I really don't want to go over EDD again. My cervix is posterior and about 50% effaced I would say...maybe 1-2cm dilated which has progressed quite a bit from last week :)
My SPD has improved remarkably which I am so thankful for! My sciatica is still pretty bad but I can cope. I'm thinking my SPD is better because this kid likes to hang out posterior ALL.THE.TIME....grrrr.

How are all the other preggo Mama's with aches and pains? I feel like this one is definitely the hardest pregnancy in terms of aches. I feel like I'm 80yo some days....

lobella2
April 2nd, 2012, 10:30 PM
Wow Inglewood, you are almost there! Good luck tomorrow.

DM I am with you, I feel so done. Were your other kids early or late? My first was a week early and my second was almost two weeks early so I am really hoping this one will be a few weeks early also. My biggest complaint is that I am tired all the time, no matter how much sleep I get. And my allergies are so bad that I often wake up sneezing in the middle of the night and then I can't sleep again for at least an hour. I am hoping my allergies get better once I give birth. I am usually not that bad. I have been getting a lot of bh as well as that shooting pain in my vagina. Dr. says baby is moving down into position.

Mochagirl
April 2nd, 2012, 10:38 PM
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Inglewood. Enjoy those first few days with your precious little girls. I can't wait to see pictures! :HH:

DoulaMama
April 2nd, 2012, 11:35 PM
Lobella- I've been 10 and 5 days late and my last was 3 days early...so I'm pretty certain I'll go very close to my EDD. I don't have an issue with going to 40w, it's just that I really don't want to past again. I'm 110% against induction so it's not like I'd do anything about it...it's just that I really want to meet my baby!! Oh and I hear you on the shooting pains!! They are brutal this time:(

DoulaMama
April 2nd, 2012, 11:36 PM
Mocha- 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!! My gawd I'm excited for you!!! SUPER DUPER PINK THOUGHTS COMING YOUR WAY!!! xoxo

Mochagirl
April 3rd, 2012, 07:03 AM
Mocha- 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!! My gawd I'm excited for you!!! SUPER DUPER PINK THOUGHTS COMING YOUR WAY!!! xoxo

Thanks, DM. I am so terrified. I was up at 4 this morning and couldn't fall back to sleep thinking about it. I just have a strong feeling it's a boy :(.

zanacal
April 3rd, 2012, 09:04 AM
DM - do you check your own cervix?! Sounds like you'd need to be quite bendy to do that! I'm glad you're almost ready and hope your little lady doesn't keep you waiting too long!

Lobella - you're almost 37 weeks already! If this one comes early like your others then you're almost there :D

Mocha - eek, 3 days!! Perhaps your feeling it's a boy is just you protecting yourself iykwim. I'll be thinking of you on Friday x

Still no news on FB from Inglewood!

AFM - I'm ok. I get a lot of braxton hicks and if I've been particularly active during the day they can be quite crampy. I think baby is moving lower as I got that bowling ball between legs feeling walking around town with DS1 today - not at all comfortable!! I have 11 days off work after tomorrow then I work another two weeks before starting maternity leave. I still have so much left to do and buy but my nesting instinct only comes in spurts - the rest of the time I just want to sleep!! I was never this tired with my other pregnancies and I fall asleep on the sofa practically every night now, even if I've had a nap during the day!

Mochagirl
April 3rd, 2012, 09:11 AM
Mocha - eek, 3 days!! Perhaps your feeling it's a boy is just you protecting yourself iykwim. I'll be thinking of you on Friday x

Actually, it's 2 days now...my appt is at 1pm EST on Thursday. It's soooooo close I'm officially in panic mode. I'm second-guessing my decision to make the appointment for when we're on our way to my Mom's for Easter. What if I hear boy and I end up crying the whole weekend? I'm not telling the boys that I'm finding out the gender this week, so at least they won't know WHY I'm crying...but still. I also found out that the night we arrive my Mom (who's a Brownie leader) is holding a Brownie meeting at her house. Do I really want to be surrounded by little girls on the day I hear I'm having a boy?? At the same time, I can't imagine waiting even one more minute to find out, and if I miss this opportunity it's going to be reeeaaaally difficult to get it done since I have to drive about 1.5 hours to get to the scanning place. It's on the way to my Mom's place, which is why we're doing it now. I also had hoped that the excitement of seeing my Mom and all the rest of the family might be a good distraction if I hear boy.

zanacal
April 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
I hope it won't even be an issue because you'll hear pink, I really do. {hugs}

Mochagirl
April 3rd, 2012, 04:45 PM
Thank, Z - I really hope you're right. :HH:

princesssarah34
April 3rd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Thinking of you today Ingle! Hope all is going well!

Everyone is getting so close!! Yay!

Mocha....I wouldn't be able to sleep either!! Hope you hear pink on Thursday!

Well my blood sugar is not controlled by diet so Dr put me on a pill to help bring it down. The biggest worry right now is that I am spilling Ketones in my urine....which is very bad...and can be very bad for the baby! But so far the pills are not working...in fact my blood sugars have gone up a little more! UGH I can't win this time around. I am really thinking of pushing the Dr to take this baby early.....I just don't want anything bad to happen in the next 5 weeks while I wait for him to arrive. I can not lose another baby!! My stress and fears are just so strong right now. Sorry needed to vent a little. I have been reading and researching everything about Gest.Diab. and all the things that can go wrong....and then when I read about the Ketones I keeping thinking oh great I already have one child with issues...and now maybe this one will too! I just want a live healthy baby that's all....not all this other stuff! I really can't go though losing another child......I just can't. If something were to happen to this one....I can't go through another pg....my body can't handle it...I can't handle it.....I really am gonna push the Dr to deliver him early (as long as his lungs are ok)!

Mochagirl
April 3rd, 2012, 06:53 PM
I'm soooooo sorry you're having such a tough time, princess! :hugs:

DoulaMama
April 4th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Thanks, DM. I am so terrified. I was up at 4 this morning and couldn't fall back to sleep thinking about it. I just have a strong feeling it's a boy :(.
I really thought this one was a boy. I was so certain of it. It was a gut feeling that couldn't be ignored. I was truly shocked when I saw a girly nub at my scan. I think that your pics are very girly and I think you have such a great chance for this one to be a girl!! I felt a boy vibe from your angel baby and this one has been throwing girly vibes out:) I'm sticking with :DD: as my guess :D

DM - do you check your own cervix?! Sounds like you'd need to be quite bendy to do that! I'm glad you're almost ready and hope your little lady doesn't keep you waiting too long!

Yes:) I've checked my cervix all through all of my pregnancies. I hate vag exams given by other people so I just do them myself if I really want to know. It doesn't tell you much at all but I'm just more interested in what my body is doing and staying in tune with it. I've never had a problem reaching my cervix but then again my tilted uterus allows me to reach in front with no issues;)
I hear you on the tired thing....I am exhausted in the am. All I want to do is sleep until 10am...but my kids are up at 7:30 so that's not going to happen.
xo

Thinking of you today Ingle! Hope all is going well!

Everyone is getting so close!! Yay!

Mocha....I wouldn't be able to sleep either!! Hope you hear pink on Thursday!

Well my blood sugar is not controlled by diet so Dr put me on a pill to help bring it down. The biggest worry right now is that I am spilling Ketones in my urine....which is very bad...and can be very bad for the baby! But so far the pills are not working...in fact my blood sugars have gone up a little more! UGH I can't win this time around. I am really thinking of pushing the Dr to take this baby early.....I just don't want anything bad to happen in the next 5 weeks while I wait for him to arrive. I can not lose another baby!! My stress and fears are just so strong right now. Sorry needed to vent a little. I have been reading and researching everything about Gest.Diab. and all the things that can go wrong....and then when I read about the Ketones I keeping thinking oh great I already have one child with issues...and now maybe this one will too! I just want a live healthy baby that's all....not all this other stuff! I really can't go though losing another child......I just can't. If something were to happen to this one....I can't go through another pg....my body can't handle it...I can't handle it.....I really am gonna push the Dr to deliver him early (as long as his lungs are ok)!
I'm so sorry that things are so rough for you:( Sometimes ketones aren't a problem. But if you feel like it's safer to get him out earlier than you should go with your gut. You might be surprised...he may just decide to come earlier knowing it's safer on the outside. I will keep you in my thoughts~~ :HH:

DoulaMama
April 4th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Thinking of you, Ingle!!! I hope you're getting tons of squishy newborn snuggles right now!! xoxo

Mochagirl
April 4th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Thanks, DM - I really hope you're right! I just can't ignore the handful of boy guesses I've gotten, as well as the fact that many who guessed pink only lean that way a bit. I keep telling myself that Coldwater said 85 percent girl, and an unnamed friend of a friend who's a tech said 'definitely' a girl so I still have a chance....but Foxy only gave me a pink lean so that kind of counterbalanced those optimistic guesses. Ahhhhhhh! I'm not sure I'm going to survive the next 30 hours!!!!

zanacal
April 4th, 2012, 12:20 PM
princesssarah - I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm sure I'd feel exactly the same way with your history and I hope your doctor really listens to you and helps you through this in the safest way for you and baby. Thinking of you x

DoulaMama
April 5th, 2012, 12:13 AM
I've officially started stalking! Mocha, my thoughts are with you, Hun xoxo

THINK PINK!!!!! :bigsmile:

zanacal
April 5th, 2012, 04:39 AM
I've officially started stalking! Mocha, my thoughts are with you, Hun xoxo

THINK PINK!!!!! :bigsmile:

Me too, I'll find something pink to wear in your honour today!

Mochagirl
April 5th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Thanks, ladies. I'm freaking out right now!

tweedledeedum
April 5th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Good luck, Mocha! Fingers crossed for you today.

mydream
April 5th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Think PINK!!!! I know I am for you!!!!

Inglewood
April 5th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Our beautiful Ruby (5lbs 14 1/2 oz) was born at 0933hrs on Tues 3rd April followed her gorgeous sister Amber ( 6lbs 1/2 oz) at 0935hrs. Both perfect and adored by all the family. Only just logging into FB and here as I have been rather busy!! lol xx and Dh is hopeless with the laptop!! Pic's to follow soon. x

I am super tired, have conjunctivitis and just home!! so I'll be back on soon. Girls doing well, I'm so in love!! x

HopeandDreamG
April 5th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Inglewood - I am soooooooo happy for you!! I have been thinking of you constantly!

nuthinbutpink
April 5th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Congratulations!

Mochagirl
April 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Wow - congrats inglewood! Great weights! I can't wait to see pictures!

So....I just had my ultrasound and it's a girl!!!!!!!!!

zanacal
April 5th, 2012, 01:33 PM
So much good news in one day!!

Congratulations Inglewood, enjoy those pink bundles! Conjunctivitis at this time is so not fair, hope it gets better soon x

Congratulations again Mocha, my baby did a cartwheel when I read your news - girl power!!

I received the most beautiful baby quilt in the post today, made by our very own Doulamama :-). When I've wrestled the laptop off my boys later I'll post some photos.

lobella2
April 5th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Congratulations Inglewood! Enjoy your little baby girls.

Congrats again Mocha, I am so excited for you!

zanacal
April 5th, 2012, 03:28 PM
So, here's my beautiful quilt and also my 33 week baby bumpage :D

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/zandersmummy/P1020826.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/zandersmummy/P1020829.jpg

Thank you again DM, it's so stunning :D

Ribbons
April 5th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Wow, that is a lovely quilt! DoulaMama, you made that?! You are very talented! And what a great looking bump Z! You're getting close, how exciting.

atomic sagebrush
April 5th, 2012, 03:40 PM
OMG that quilt (and bump!) are gorgeous!!!

Flava
April 5th, 2012, 03:43 PM
You look good and that quilt is so awesome!!!

zanacal
April 5th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I don't think I've ever owned anything so pretty!

DH walked in to the baby's room today and said 'we're not 100% sure it's a girl though are we?'. Arghhhhhh!

Flava
April 5th, 2012, 03:49 PM
haha your DH is funny maybe he is not sure but we are!

zanacal
April 5th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I hope so Flava, it's turning in to the girliest girly room ever ... and the clothes!!!

DoulaMama
April 5th, 2012, 03:56 PM
YAY!!! So glad you love it!!! It was so much fun to make:) I really love making pink stuff right now;) I'm just trying to figure out what pattern I'll use for our girly quilt....hmmm decisions, decisions... :bigsmile:

Your bump is awesome, Z!!!!! It's so round and lovely :HH:
Some guys have a hard time believing until they see it for themselves...so give him another 7 weeks or so;) You are most certainly having a girl.

tweedledeedum
April 5th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Wow, so much good news!

Huge congrats, Ingle! You must share pics of your little ones when you are up to it. Enjoy your new babies!

And Congrats, mocha! I am so happy for you! Enjoy shopping!

And I LOVE that quilt, Doula. Was it difficult? Did you follow a pattern? You are so talented!

Nice bump, Z! I can't believe we are almost there!

I have been having some bp issues so my baby may be here sooner than I thought. They want to try and wait until 37 weeks but no later than 39 as of the other day. I'm hoping things improve and they let me go naturally, although it doesn't sound likely at this point.

zanacal
April 5th, 2012, 04:01 PM
YAY!!! So glad you love it!!! It was so much fun to make:) I really love making pink stuff right now;) I'm just trying to figure out what pattern I'll use for our girly quilt....hmmm decisions, decisions... :bigsmile:

Your bump is awesome, Z!!!!! It's so round and lovely :HH:
Some guys have a hard time believing until they see it for themselves...so give him another 7 weeks or so;) You are most certainly having a girl.

I sent you a message on FB but I did it on my mobile so I'm not 100% it worked - did you get it?!

DoulaMama
April 5th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I sent you a message on FB but I did it on my mobile so I'm not 100% it worked - did you get it?!

I'll go check! I haven't been on FB yet since getting on the comp!

DoulaMama
April 5th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Ingle- So excited that your littles are here!!! Can't wait to see some pics and here the full story! xox Rest up and enjoy those girls!!!

DoulaMama
April 5th, 2012, 04:12 PM
You guys are sweet! Thanks for the compliments on the quilt! It was such a pleasure to make a girly little quilt for you, Z :D I'm thrilled that you like it so much :HH:

Tweedle- I have a pattern for the quilt. It was quite simple and straightforward. The hardest part of quilting is the free-hand topstitching. Takes a bit of practice for even stitches etc. Sewing is a passion of mine though, so I spend hours every week sewing different things.

Indira
April 5th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Doulamama, that quilt is so so beautiful! now I feel I have to find out what I´m having, if it´s a girl I NEED a quilt like that :) You are 38 weeks ! I wish you a very good birth and enjoy meeting Felina.

Zanacal what a gorgeous bump you have there!

lobella2
April 5th, 2012, 04:53 PM
What a beautiful quilt DM and cute bump Zanacal.

Foxy
April 5th, 2012, 05:00 PM
DM - That quilt is so beautiful! 38 weeks already! How did that happen! Can't wait to see your little girl! xx

Z - Beautiful baby bump you have there! xx

Foxy
April 5th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Congratulations Inglewood!!!

dannikins
April 5th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Huge Congrats ingle!!!! cant wait to see some pics,

and Huge Congrats mocha!

princesssarah34
April 5th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Congrats Ingle!!!!!
And Congrats on the bundle of pink Mocha!!!
Doula.....totally jealous of that quilt! As much as I am thrill to be have a baby boy.....my heart still has a bit of wishing it was a girl!! But I am really just happy to have this little one!

Mochagirl
April 5th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Z - your bump is GORGEOUS!

DM - you know I'm already a fan of that quilt after seeing it on FB, but it looks more beautiful every time I see it.

Thanks to everyone for your congrats - I'm still reeling with the news. Every once in a while I forget for a few moments then remember and get a big grin on my face. I don't think I'll really believe it until the baby's born, though, and I'm still going to be nervous going into the 20 week scan even if the chances of the gender changing are almost non-existent.

zanacal
April 6th, 2012, 04:29 AM
I'm with you mocha - I was sure she would have grown a willy by the 20 week scan and now I have a wobble every now and again that she won't be a she when she's born! I'd love 'him' all the same but we'd have a lot of girl stuff to sell!

I think we're going to take the boys to the beach today. It's not hot enough for swimsuits (for us anyway - I'm sure they'll want to wear theirs!) and no doubt I'll spend most of my time peeing in the sand dunes but I'm looking forward to a day out :D

auroara78
April 6th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Z, gorgeous bump!! and the quiilt is amazing!!! DM you are soooo very talented and I am in :awe: of that super quilt!

ELP
April 6th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Our beautiful Ruby (5lbs 14 1/2 oz) was born at 0933hrs on Tues 3rd April followed her gorgeous sister Amber ( 6lbs 1/2 oz) at 0935hrs. Both perfect and adored by all the family. Only just logging into FB and here as I have been rather busy!! lol xx and Dh is hopeless with the laptop!! Pic's to follow soon. x

I am super tired, have conjunctivitis and just home!! so I'll be back on soon. Girls doing well, I'm so in love!! x

This is fantastic news Ingle!!!!! Enjoy those beautiful little faces and give them a little kiss from us x x xxxxxxxxxx

ELP
April 6th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Who's next over here ladies!!!!!!!!!!

princesssarah34
April 7th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Who's next over here ladies!!!!!!!!!!

Hi ELP......I think Doula is the next in line...then lobella... then me...and then Zanacal.....I could be wrong!

Inglewood
April 8th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Hi all,

Just a quickie as I'm shattered!!!!! getting around 2hrs sleep a night (with dh up too!). My milk came in today so super sore boobs and my body not taking a 3rd section too well!! Feel about 90! Still have a numb bum and my hips and lower back feel like they are burning (nerve type pain, hope it goes soon). The girls are so good and I'm so in love with them. The boys adore them and are great helpers. Not had too many visitors thankfully as I'm a walking zombie! Think of everything u do for 1...then do it all again straight after.....and at 3am it's matchsticks on the eyes time!! They are feeding well, around 2oz every 3hrs and are so good. My section was ok, went,as planned just wanted out the hosp, was expecting home fri, but got told we were good to go on the thurs and I thought at least I'd get more help at home. My room was right next to the nurses station, so buzzers all night!!

CONGRATS to Mocha!!! posted on ur other post.

Off to feed then bed....

dannikins
April 8th, 2012, 07:26 PM
thats great ingle. i can imagine how tired you must be.......

it getting closer for everyone....

32 weeks today.
feeling freakishly small compared to my other pregnancies, maybe ill have a small baby for a change...

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/32weeker.jpg

Glittergirl
April 9th, 2012, 01:01 AM

Congratulations Ingle! I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear all about your beautiful babies!! Looking forward to seeing pictures...I don't know how you do it, I'm still adjusting to the one newborn we have and the lack of sleep LOL!

Glittergirl
April 9th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Wow - congrats inglewood! Great weights! I can't wait to see pictures!

So....I just had my ultrasound and it's a girl!!!!!!!!!
OMG I am just thrilled for you! That is such awesome news I just knew you would have your girl--we were both kinda in the same boat!!!!! But it worked out great for us!!!!

Glittergirl
April 9th, 2012, 01:07 AM
DM that is probably the most beautiful baby quilt I have seen in a very long time! If you ever open up an online store or take orders--there are many of us who would pay good money for a quilt as gorgeous as that :) Just gorgeous!

zanacal
April 9th, 2012, 04:19 AM
DM that is probably the most beautiful baby quilt I have seen in a very long time! If you ever open up an online store or take orders--there are many of us who would pay good money for a quilt as gorgeous as that :) Just gorgeous!

I posted a photo on FB and there were many potential customers there too!!

I hope you're doing well GG?

A couple of times recently I've woken in the night with period type pains in my back. I've been led on my back and I wonder whether this is what's causing it - it hasn't lasted once I've moved back on to my side. My BHs are often a bit crampy too, perhaps it's just because I'm getting closer to my due date?

lobella2
April 9th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Z I have also had crampy BH. I keep hoping it is the start of something, but then after a little while they stop. The waiting game is so hard. I just want to give birth already.

DoulaMama
April 9th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Thank you Auroara and Glitter :bigsmile: It feels great to hear that others enjoy the things you make. I may just open up my own Etsy shop after this baby is 6 months old or so:) I do love creating, it's just lack of time that prevents me from sewing all the time;)
ELP- I think I'm next in line but Lobella is only 7 days behind me so either of us could go any day!! I'm just 9 days away from my due date!!! Yippee!! I tend to carry babies to my due date and a bit beyond so it could still be another 2 weeks. I don't feel that bad right now so I really don't mind that much.

I've done a few fun things that I've never done with my other pregnancies...I made a belly cast with my hubby which turned out great:) I also had a Blessingway 2 days ago:) It was so amazing! 12 of my closest friends all gathered around me to celebrate my pregnancy and upcoming birth. They each pick a bead which I put on an anklet and wear during my birth. All of their good thoughts and blessings are then with me through my birth. They say also say a few words to me about their wishes for my birth. And then we all light our candles and tie a piece of yarn from one wrist to the next to symbolize the joining of all the women in the room. When I go into labour I'll let everyone know and they then light the candle, send a blessing my way and wait for the big news! After baby is safely Earthside they then cut the bracelet off their wrist. I'm so excited to tell them all to light their candles!! Squeeee! I also had a gorgeous henna design put on my belly:) I'll post pics once I get them from my friend:)

Z-it might be the back laying causing that as it does the same thing to me this time. My uterus is a bit more irritable this time than any other pregnancy. xo

Dannikans- Gorgeous belly!! You look great!

ELP
April 9th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Wow DM!! 9 days to go!!! And lobella so close aswell! I'm so excited for both of you, having a tiny face around the house is just wonderful, you forget about all the little things they do, like the 'O' lips lol! and the slowly moving fingers, fasinating all over again:bigsmile:

Mochagirl
April 9th, 2012, 11:13 AM
OMG I am just thrilled for you! That is such awesome news I just knew you would have your girl--we were both kinda in the same boat!!!!! But it worked out great for us!!!!

Thanks, GG. Knowing you got your girl right after your m/c gave me a lot of hope through those hard times. I got to tell my whole family this weekend. Some were thrilled, others were not so thrilled (one of my brothers only has 1 kid and I know thinks I already have too many kids). I think I'm going to have the perfect family for me - I grew up with 3 big brothers and so will my little girl :).

princesssarah34
April 9th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Morning Ladies...............Good to hear everyone is still chugging along (so to speak)!!
I have another non stress test today and a Dr. appt. I now have the NST 2 times a week....which is fine except the drive in gas is a killer. It is a 45 min drive to the hospital...and with the gas prices our Yukon is eating it up! I had planned on using our little Honda (great on gas) but turns out it need a new battery..which we can't afford at the moment. I swear if it isn't one thing it is another. On a up note the pills the Dr put me on for the blood sugars are working but I am still losing weight and spilling Ketones....ugh!! So I will have a long list of questions and concerns today!
Also I started a poll for baby Names in another thread.......please visit it and tell me what you all think....all input is welcome.....as I am having a really hard time picking out a name from the 3 we have chosen!!

Glittergirl
April 9th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I posted a photo on FB and there were many potential customers there too!!

I hope you're doing well GG?
Thanks Z--yes I'm doing great. Last night was a great night cause Eva slept through the night besides nursing every few hours, but she would then fall back asleep right away and I didn't need to rock her for what feels like hours when you are sleep deprived.

Does anyone else cosleep with their baby? I did so with all my kids up until I stopped nursing which is usually around 18 months LOL! But this time around I am nervous since docs are always warning against it. I finally caved in and have been co sleeping with eva for the past two nights. It's the only way she will sleep soundly and I enjoy every minute of it.
I just get rid of pillows, keep my head at her body level and have DH sleep all the way on his side of the bed LOL--he's not a mover so he wakes up in the same position. Just wanted to see if anyone else plans on co sleeping??

Glittergirl
April 9th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Wow DM and Lobella I didn't realize you two are so close!

Glittergirl
April 9th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Oh yeah just wanted to vent--Dh's whole family came to see the baby and I couldn't believe his aunt suggested I should get my tubes tied and later joked to Dh I should keep my legs closed! I went to the other room to BF and I just broke down crying from embarrassment and hormones. I'm over it now but I couldn't believe she would be so nosey and she hardly knows me, I've met her twice!

DoulaMama
April 9th, 2012, 10:21 PM
GG - OMG I'm so sorry you had to hear that crap:( 4 kids is NOT a lot of kids! 15, yes...4, no. You have a wonderful family and you should be proud.
About the co-sleeping...I've co-slept with every one of my children and plan on doing so with this one too:) When done safely it LOWERS the risk of SIDS. Plus, mama gets WAY more sleep and it allows for bonding, easier breastfeeding and a closeness that you can't get with baby in a different bed. I know it's not for everyone, but 90% of the world co-sleeps(either the same bed or the same room). It's just in the more developed nations that we seem to think that being separated from our young children is a better/safer option. It's just not true. So I say, do what you feel is best for you and your family:HH: xo

DoulaMama
April 9th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Oh yeah...and we sidecar the crib onto our bed. It makes it easier to co-sleep. The crib has one side removed and it's placed up against our bed with crib mattress level to our bed. It's attached so it stays in place. You can then place baby back into his little area and you have lots of room in the bed. We have this arrangement and our 2yo is in the sidecarred crib, hubby beside him, me and then new baby will be beside me with guard rail up. Ha! 4 of us all snuggled in there:) I treasure having my kiddos close at night:) Soon they'll be 10 and won't want snuggle in my armpit anymore;) LOL

Mochagirl
April 9th, 2012, 11:02 PM
We do the same thing as DM. We have a co-sleeper which is basically a playpen with one side removed that straps straight onto the side of the bed. We even kept our twins in there for the first 6 months until they got too big to share it.

Glittergirl
April 10th, 2012, 12:34 PM
thanks it makes me feel better! i co slept with ALL my kids and truly enjoyed it. In fact DS 3 is still in our room up until 4 nights ago when I encouraged him to have a "sleepover" with his brothers cause baby was waking him up at night. For some reason though this time around I got nervous with everyone telling me not to do it. But I'm gonna do it with her. I slept so much better last night again and I just love how she squirms her way into my armpit and stays sound asleep. I will look into cosleeper devices to give me peace of mind and give us more room on the bed:) thanks for the reassurance ladies!

zanacal
April 10th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I was so tempted to buy a co-sleeper cot/crib this time around but we have an Amby hammock and I don't know if I can justify the cost of a new cot. I wasn't too worried about moving the baby out after a few months because she was moving in with DS3 but now she has her own room I want to keep her closer for longer - so I just don't know! I need to get the hammock out and see if/where it will fit as our room is not big and the space will probably dictate what we can do.

I'm so glad you had a good night's sleep GG!

We took the boys out for lunch today (and then to the cinema and out for dinner - spoilt rotten!) and while I was getting the food I saw an old lady talking to DH. She said something along the lines of 'you must be busy' and he said 'yes, we'll be even busier soon because we're expecting another' and apparently she said 'let's hope the next one is a boy too, I can't abide girls!'. I couldn't believe it - I know 80 year olds aren't always the best at keeping their opinions to themselves but everybody really does have something to say about whether you should 'want' a boy or a girl next don't they?!

DoulaMama
April 11th, 2012, 02:05 PM
ugh....the annoying time-able braxton hicks have started....I hate prodromal labour....especially when it went on for 2 weeks with my last baby before he arrived :( Plus my feet are starting to swell just a bit by the end of the day. I'm feeling very DONE now. I can't bend over to pick anything up anymore...My SPD is starting to bother me more again....My sciatica is bad and my chiro is in Vegas!!! I hate her right now....I have mucus falling out of me...all I want to do is cry at everything....my kids are driving me bonkers....and I'm hungry all the time!! BUT nothing appeals to me!! I've lost 3 lbs now this month(gained 18 so far) and although I'm not too worried I would really love it if I could eat more than a few bites before I start gagging. Everyday just makes me a little more anxious to get this show on the road...please don't let me be overdue....PLEASE!!!!

Thanks for listening...I'm pathetic right now. :tissue:

begonia
April 11th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Oh DM! You're almost there hun! I was pretty exhausted and tired of being pg too by 39 weeks; we've all been there and will listen to you vent anytime. Hang in there! Looking forward to an awesome birth story from you :)

GG I am the opposite- never coslept with the others and this one is in our room in a bouncer next to the bed, but usually ends up in the bed due to breastfeeding. I might have to get a cosleeper too. She won't sleep in her crib! My other 2 were in the crib in their own room straight away. I like having her by us, but I'm just worried about how we will get her out of our room in the future. How did you all (since Zan and DM cosleep too) transition your kids?

PrincessSarah hope the NST went well! Names are so hard when we just keep having the same gender! I will check your other thread.

Glittergirl
April 11th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Oh DM! You're almost there hun! I was pretty exhausted and tired of being pg too by 39 weeks; we've all been there and will listen to you vent anytime. Hang in there! Looking forward to an awesome birth story from you :)

GG I am the opposite- never coslept with the others and this one is in our room in a bouncer next to the bed, but usually ends up in the bed due to breastfeeding. I might have to get a cosleeper too. She won't sleep in her crib! My other 2 were in the crib in their own room straight away. I like having her by us, but I'm just worried about how we will get her out of our room in the future. How did you all (since Zan and DM cosleep too) transition your kids?

PrincessSarah hope the NST went well! Names are so hard when we just keep having the same gender! I will check your other thread.

DS1 left when we had ds2 and ds2 left when we had ds3 LOL! we git all of them out if our bed when I stopped nursing around 18-20 months but they were still in our room. I really try to cherish the moments they are with us cause they wont want to be in our room forever, DS3 has started "spending the night" with his brothers in their room but last night he came back to ours :)

so how have you been Begonia? your dd is just beautiful!

Mochagirl
April 11th, 2012, 03:36 PM
DM - you're soooooo close! Your misery will be over soon and you'll be holding your gorgeous girl in your arms. I hope she decides to come sooner than later, and I wish you a speedy and easy delivery. I can't remember - are you planning an unassisted home birth?

begonia - my twins had no trouble transitioning from co-sleeping to their crib at around 6 months, but I think the fact that we used that co-sleeper attached to the bed helped - they weren't used to being so close they felt our body heat anyway. We moved ds3 slightly earlier simply because he was a really noisy sleeper, and I kept waking up thinking maybe he needed to nurse then couldn't get back to sleep because I was sure he was going to wake up any minute, whether or not he did. He had no problem going into his own room, but he was an independent little guy from the start.

Glittergirl
April 11th, 2012, 03:37 PM
ugh....the annoying time-able braxton hicks have started....I hate prodromal labour....especially when it went on for 2 weeks with my last baby before he arrived :( Plus my feet are starting to swell just a bit by the end of the day. I'm feeling very DONE now. I can't bend over to pick anything up anymore...My SPD is starting to bother me more again....My sciatica is bad and my chiro is in Vegas!!! I hate her right now....I have mucus falling out of me...all I want to do is cry at everything....my kids are driving me bonkers....and I'm hungry all the time!! BUT nothing appeals to me!! I've lost 3 lbs now this month(gained 18 so far) and although I'm not too worried I would really love it if I could eat more than a few bites before I start gagging. Everyday just makes me a little more anxious to get this show on the road...please don't let me be overdue....PLEASE!!!!

Thanks for listening...I'm pathetic right now. :tissue:

So sorry DM--I was the same way and nothing sounded good to eat and i only gained maybe 19 pounds--but on the bright side, i have less than 5 to lose LOL! you are so close...just think you have your dd in no time! sorry for the typos, holding my baby and typing one-handed.
i have a feeling you will have her this week with bh you are describing, thats what happened to me she was here at 39 weeks!

zanacal
April 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM
{hugs} DM, I hope your little one knows how ready mummy is for her to arrive and is going to co-operate! I had weeks of niggling with DS3 and went in to labour after a night where I had absolutely nothing. It was very weird, like the calm before the storm! You're so close, hold tight you're almost there :D

Begonia! It's so lovely to 'see' you :D How are you getting on with your three? It's chaos right? (Please tell me it's not just my three!!) I've made sure mine will sleep in more than one place from the beginning so (so far!) they've all been quite flexible - pushchair, sling, carseat, hammock, cot etc. When I've moved them into their own rooms I've done it cold turkey and they've had maybe a night or two of being slightly more unsettled but it hasn't been too bad. DS3 was with us for the longest because we only had two bedrooms and our extension was being built and in the end, although he slept worse than the rest before he turned one, I really enjoyed having him close by for longer and said I'd do it again if we had another baby. I guess that means I should be looking in to getting a co-sleeper cot - I really must get more organised for this baby!

DoulaMama
April 11th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Thank you, everyone!! I should know by now what happens at this stage of the game, but it doesn't seem to matter...the wait at the end is torturous!! LOL I just want to meet my baby!!

M- Yup, we're planning an unassisted home water birth :) My mom will be here for the kids, and also 2 close, knowledgable doula friends(one taking photos) will be here as well. Oh and my hubby, of course;) I'm getting so excited about it!!!

DoulaMama
April 11th, 2012, 04:10 PM
GG- the transition has been difficult with one and easy for the other. Just their personalities. Plus we wait until closer to 2-2.5yo to transition. Our bed has had a child in it for over 6 years now! We get creative when it comes to sex...which is why this one was conceived on our living room couch...LOL!!

Mochagirl
April 11th, 2012, 04:33 PM
M- Yup, we're planning an unassisted home water birth :) My mom will be here for the kids, and also 2 close, knowledgable doula friends(one taking photos) will be here as well. Oh and my hubby, of course;) I'm getting so excited about it!!!

Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to hear the birth story.

lobella2
April 11th, 2012, 05:20 PM
DM you are so close! I hope I am too. I haven't been getting very many BH contractions lately. But I am so uncomfortable. It's hard to do many things. I am so ready and so excited to have a baby. I feel very impatient at the moment:) I have my 38 week appointment tomorrow. I am really hoping that there has been some progress since last week.

Mochagirl
April 11th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Oh, and I have to say you ladies who've gained less than 20 lbs are KILLING me! I gained that much by 12 weeks! I think I've gained well over 25 lbs at this point, with many more to come....

zanacal
April 11th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I'd tell you how much I've put on to make you feel better Mocha, but I'm too ashamed!

princesssarah34
April 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Oh DM you are so close!!!! I am a little Jealous!:wink:

And all you that are talking weight......I am losing because of the diet......which worries me more than gaining a ton. Although when Doc measured my tummy I am right at 36 weeks so it is growing....so I am hoping that means baby is too!
But with my other pg's I gained 30-45 pounds. Which at that point in your pg that you look at the scale and think OMG I am just pounds away for 200....just shoot me now rolls though your mind! :nails:
But on another note my NST went fine...he is still kickin away in the tummy....which is becoming a little more painful.....and I was having tons of BH before (I have been since about 20 weeks) but now they have just stopped.....which freaks me out too because with DS#2 I had to be induced...I had been have all kinds of BH with him and then nothing....and he was my 2 week late baby(only found that out after he was born) born with out any fluid and that ended up in the NICU a week....if I don't start having some BH again soon I am gonna talk to my Dr. about it again!

You can read about his birth here: http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/2011/06/where-does-time-go.html

begonia
April 11th, 2012, 09:55 PM
YAY princess for a good NST!!

LOL about the weight convo... I gained about 36 just like my previous 2. It's lovely though, it happened with the others too, but literally within 10 days after birth I'm back to my normal size just a bit squishy, LOL. I've got about 8lbs that will stick on til I stop BFing. Then it magically melts away.

Thank you all for the warm welcome :) I guess it has been awhile since I popped on here! I'm doing well, much better than I thought I would be. It's lovely actually because I'd say that overall I don't really have gender disappointment so much anymore ... in a strange way going thru it all I have come to appreciate my daughters for the girls they are and women they'll become. But I still have a major, major case of gender desire and that I'm not sure will ever go away. Unless of course I have a son :bigsmile: But it's tough to think about having another when I swayed so hard and still got an opposite. Which kind of sucks because there's a big part of me that likes the idea of 4 kids. But I'm pretty trapped by the reality that barring PGD or adoption it could very well be 4 girls. I'm not OK with that idea.

Zan will y'all have another?!?! I thought you were done but you mentioned that big ol word IF ...

Thanks for all the advice on the cosleeping. This LO sleeps fantastically well in her car seat which I'm grateful for because obviously ... being #3, she's in the car a bunch running around for the big girls. I just need her to sleep in a horizontal position at some point! And for longer than 45 minutes at a time! I know it'll all sort out. It always does. But I'm baffled by people whose children just magically sleep through the night, or even through a nap. I've yet to have an easy sleeper.

Mocha that is a hard thing for me with this LO in the room (the other two never were) ... all the little noises make me SURE she's about to wake, and so I can't ever quite let myself relax into a good sleep. I tell DH she just snarfles all night long! Better than screaming but equally good at keeping me awake.

Oh and Zan I dare say aside from the fussy baby 3 isn't bad at all; I'd totally go for 4 if I knew it'd be a boy :) It is total chaos as you say, but I'm so mindful of the fact that in 20 years I will be missing this chaos like crazy. So by and large I enjoy it and am 100% glad we had another child .. even if it is another girl :wink:

Can't wait to see everyone have their sweet babies soon!!!!

zanacal
April 12th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I'm smiling from your post Begonia, so happy to hear you happy :D No, we're definitely not having any more babies! The 'if' was what I said when I had DS3 in the room with us - before baby 4 was conceived :D

DM - I had a dream you were in labour last night, are you?!!

Mochagirl
April 12th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Begonia - none of my kids were good night sleepers. They all napped wonderfully, but not one of them slept through the night before age 2! Even now at almost 3, my ds3 usually wakes one or two times a night wanting a drink of water or something like that.

After my failed sway with ds3, thinking about the possibility of trying one more time really helped me through my GD. A year later, dh announced he'd changed his mind and definitely didn't want another. For almost a year I adjusted to the thought of definitely never having a girl - I was sad, but it wasn't extreme at all like when I first found out ds3 was a boy. Then dh changed his mind and the rest is history :bigsmile:. I know what you mean, though, about only wanting a 4th if it is a boy - I had to do a lot of soul searching when I started TTC this time because I felt the same way at first. Then I decided it would be worse to regret never having tried and always wonder what if. Four is a nice, even number, but I think if dh had never changed his mind I would have eventually found peace as well.

DoulaMama
April 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Z- No :( Still pregnant...lol

Once it starts I'll let you guys know:) I really like the idea of others thinking good thoughts for me:)

B- I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling so good!! xo

I need some tea...chat a bit later!! xo

Oh and Mocha... I've been freaked out about this one being a boy at birth, and my last scan was done at 19w! I'd say you have a 99.9% chance that your little munchkin is a GIRL. I know there's always a chance for error but it doesn't happen very often. Out of all of my clients, there's never been an opposite as to what they were told. I say, keep shopping! :)

Mochagirl
April 12th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks, DM. Sometimes it's easy to forget that people who have their gender guessed incorrectly are far more likely to post about it than people who had correct guesses. The tech was completely sure and said there was no way I'd see a penis at my 20 week scan, so I guess I should trust in that.

I can't wait to hear about your birth, DM! Sending you good vibes....

zanacal
April 12th, 2012, 02:17 PM
It was a very weird, detailed dream DM, but I can't remember most of it now. You were in a house having the baby (unassisted of course!) and I kept coming in to check on you. Actually, I've just remembered that in the same dream Carrie tried to set me up with Big from SATC!!

DoulaMama
April 12th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks M :HH:

Z- what do you mean "tried"?? You didn't say NO???Did you??? Mmmmm...Mr Big was pretty yummy in SATC:) I miss that show sooo much!

zanacal
April 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Thanks M :HH:

Z- what do you mean "tried"?? You didn't say NO???Did you??? Mmmmm...Mr Big was pretty yummy in SATC:) I miss that show sooo much!

A bit old for me - and a bit strange of Carrie given that he's her husband!

auroara78
April 12th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I used to think he was the hottest old dude I'd ever like....He had that major charm and just enoguh of a jerk off in SATC....defintely loved that show, and i always tend to watch it when i first have a baby and am stuck BF'ing...it makes it go by so much more enjoyably...

DoulaMama
April 12th, 2012, 03:54 PM
LOL!! I'm totally into "old dudes"!!! My hubby is nearly 11 years older than me...

You're right, A...just enough of an a-hole to make his yumminess even more so ;) LOL

zanacal
April 12th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Well I'll let him know next time and send him in your direction :D I was going to watch Dirty Dancing (my guilty pleasure!) to pass the time in the early stages of labour but I don't have it on DVD, only video, and our 15 year old video player just broke! I must add it to my 'to do' list :D

dannikins
April 12th, 2012, 06:21 PM
cant believe how many are ready to pop, :)
cant wait for your labour updates doula..:)

i had my photo shoot done the other day.
i dont know if this will work, but there is a sneek peek on FB.....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=288058324605361&set=a.230664610344733.54442.230638390347355&type=1&theater

the photographer is going to thailand for a couple weeks so i wont get to see the rest untill the 2nd of may.

Glittergirl
April 12th, 2012, 07:29 PM
that's a great picture Dannkins! Great belly bump too!

Ribbons
April 12th, 2012, 08:16 PM
LOL!! I'm totally into "old dudes"!!! My hubby is nearly 11 years older than me...

You're right, A...just enough of an a-hole to make his yumminess even more so ;) LOL

old dudes are the best... when I was in high school, I had a VERY LARGE poster of Patrick Stewart on my wall... I was so in love with Picard! (And of course, he still looks good even now LOL) my first husband was also 11 years older than me... and looked a lot like Patrick Stewart haha

Mochagirl
April 12th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Ribbons - I used to love Patrick Stewart too! :bigsmile:

dannikins
April 12th, 2012, 11:53 PM
haha, my DH is an old dude....lol... compared to me anyway....
he is 16 years older than me, i was 17 when we met.
still acts like a teenager though.......

Ribbons
April 13th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I met first hubby at 11, he was a boarder at my parent's house, kind of seems creepy now but it really wasn't as bad as it sounds :) He moved out when I was 13, didnt see him again till 18, got married at 20 (he was 31)

He was an interesting man but DH2 is WORLDS better.

ELP
April 13th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Just popping in to check for exciting news and instead I get SATC lol!!!!! DM, this could be your weekend!!! I cannot wait to read your birth story, its gonna be amazing,xxxxxxxxx

auroara78
April 13th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Aye I am def. looking forward to DM's birth story! Gonna make sure I have some buttered popcorn & gobbers to enjoy munching on while I read! LOL

Oh, and Zan don't get me started on Dirty Dancing...Patrick Swayze was soooo sooo fine in that movie. And on the note of some cocky guys being super hot, in the 80s and early 90s I had a major thing for Val Kilmer...he was soo super hot in Top Gun, and I esp. like him in "Ghost and the Darkness" they had him all sweaty cuz he was in Africa and I was like "I'd tackle you like a lionness!" :rofl:

begonia
April 14th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Auroara I have a friend who married a guy who looked so much like Val Kilmer it was crazy!!!

Mocha thanks for the thoughts re: swaying again. If I'd never swayed before like some mama's here I'd be less wary... but as you know having a failed one (and still, I don't know what I'd change) makes it feel like you're shooting for an impossible goal. I'm SO glad your sway/luck worked this time :) I am sure in the months ahead I'll be posting a ton about the should I/shouldn't I dilemma.

DM where is that baby?!? Auroara and I have our popcorn ready :)

begonia
April 14th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Auroara I asked on blue crew thread too but when is your scan? Next week?

DoulaMama
April 14th, 2012, 02:58 PM
LOL!! I've been telling this child for the past 2 weeks that it could come ANY time but alas...I'm being ignored already;) I'm used to that by now...lol You guys are all so sweet! I love the excitement! Thank you:)
I'm hoping I go before Wed. I'm just not looking forward to being post dates again. It seriously sucks:(
I have to go force myself to have sex now...sigh. My hubby is always ready to go...lol Me...not so much.
xoxo

lobella2
April 14th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I keep checking to see if you have had a baby yet DM. This waiting is so hard. I am hoping to have this baby by Wednesday too, since my other two were a week early. But watch she will decide not to be early.

Mochagirl
April 14th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Mocha thanks for the thoughts re: swaying again. If I'd never swayed before like some mama's here I'd be less wary... but as you know having a failed one (and still, I don't know what I'd change) makes it feel like you're shooting for an impossible goal. I'm SO glad your sway/luck worked this time :) I am sure in the months ahead I'll be posting a ton about the should I/shouldn't I dilemma.

)

A lot can change in the swaying world in a couple of years. My sway this time was very different from my last sway which was pure IG. Atomic is constantly tweaking her recommendations - I'll bet boy swayers will have cracked the code by then and the success rates will be through the roof. But you're right - you need to be ok with getting another girl if you decide to try again. It's tough. Whatever you decide, we're here for you :HH:. For now enjoy your 3 gorgeous girls and try not to worry about it.

zanacal
April 14th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Thinking of you DM and Lobella!

I went on the first day of my hypnobirthing course today and it was good but DH had to look after the boys so it was me and four other couples, all having their first baby - I was the odd one out! DH is coming next time :D The teacher was fantastic though. She's been a hypnotherapist for 15 years and specialised in hypnotherapy for birth for most of that time and she does a lot of work alongside the local hospital to provide a free/very cheap service as well as these more in depth (far more expensive!) workshops. I think all pregnant ladies should go on one of these courses!