PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help, not sure where to turn to next....

maybeoneday
March 3rd, 2012, 09:42 AM
Hi,

This may turn into a bit of an essay but please persevere as I really need some advice!

I am TTC DC3 (DD1 with a bit of luck!) and am not having much luck!

DS1 was conceived on our honeymoon (2007)- month 1 of trying

DS2 was conceived on month 1 of trying (2009) - people joke that DH just has to hold my hand and I fall pregnant!

We have been trying to conceive DC3 since October with no joy at all - not even an evap to obsess over, just BFN after BFN!

I am 34 and DH is 33 and I have been following the LE diet for some time now..... I am no way as strict as I was in the beginning but now weigh less that I did when I got married (11 stone and I am 5ft 11), I am taking Vitex, SP, folic acid and baby asprin. DH has been frequent releasing and last month we had 4 attempts (2 before +OPK, one on day of +OPK and one the day after).

The other thing at the back of my mind is that my mum went through menopause at 40. I know that it doesn't always follow the same pattern but in case it does, does anyone know when my fertility would start to decrease if I were to follow the same pattern and would it happen very fast given that I fell very quickly with DS2 in July 2009.

Does anyone know if accupuncture sways pink or blue or if there are any other suggestions for falling pregnant quicker while still swaying pink?

Thanks if you got this far....... xx

mydream
March 3rd, 2012, 11:28 AM
I am by far an expert in swaying and I am sure someone will jump in soon but my suggestion would be to perhaps stay on the diet as best as you can and drop something else from your sway, perhaps the vitex..
I am not sure about which way acupuncture sways but I will tell you that it is sooo relaxing.
Wishing you so much luck and not to worry...you are still young!

wilma_five
March 3rd, 2012, 12:44 PM
I've read that atomic says a lot of people have trouble falling pregnant when using vitex and that's why she advises 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off with the vitex. I would drop that completely!

zanacal
March 3rd, 2012, 04:17 PM
I actually feel that Vitex helped me to conceive - that's not a part I'd drop personally. I take it you're taking it AF-O? How frequent is DH's frequent release and are you using any antihistimines or gels?

maybeoneday
March 4th, 2012, 03:26 AM
I am doing Vitex AF to O only so not sure I really want to drop that part as think it might help rather than hinder. DH is releasing once a day for about 10 days and I have dropped the gels and antihistimines (a couple of months ago). I have been J&Ding some of the attempts as well as I feel quite strongly about sperm numbers and swaying (I think it is as important as diet personally but I am by no means an expert, it just feels right).

I think I know I just need to relax and enjoy making a baby and it will happen eventually but any advice on the accupuncture would be great. Thanks xx

zanacal
March 4th, 2012, 04:09 AM
You have the option of cutting back the frequent release to 7 days and/or dropping the Jump and Dump. Remember that after 10 days you will already have reduced sperm numbers in there - quite likely less from just one attempt with optimal numbers. Good luck!

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I just want to put your mind at ease about one thing first and foremost - while there are some genetic components to age of menopause, most of it is environmental and so even if your mother goes into menopause early, that does not mean in any way that you will. My mom had menopause at 44 and I conceived with my first egg released breastfeeding at almost 39 years old. I do not think your fertility is in decline, I think it's the swaying.

1)The first thing I would do is focus your attempts after the positive OPK. I don't think the first two attempts before pos OPK are getting you anything - the swimmers from those batches are dead because your environment is harsh because of swaying. You can def. still attempt before a pos OPK, but try to get in more attempts at or after pos OPK. i would like to see you guys have 2 attempts on the day of a pos OPK if you can (or one that night and another the next morning), then 2 the day after pos. opk and 1 the day after that just for giggles...or in case the egg takes a little longer to release for you.

If you are doing antihistamine, drop it. If DH is doing LR, drop it (he nearly needs a break by now from it anyway). Give it one more month on SP and drop that as well ( you need a break from it at that stage anyway.) If you are doing RepHresh or jump and dump, definitely drop those.

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I personally would not have you do acupuncture because they focus on improving fertility and you don't necessarily want to do that. I truly think the issue is too few attempts, and too far out. If you fix that and still having problems, then reconsider the acupuncture.

maybeoneday
March 5th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Thank you so much for your replies. I will definatley try and get in some more attempts this month and will drop the jump and dump. I am happy to wait a few more months before going for the accupuncture (to be honest it is pretty expensive anyway!) and keep your fingers crossed for a BFP in March!

I am feeling a lot more positive today as well, it always hits hard when AF arrives and I want to drop everything and try anything to get pregnant but then I see sense. I will never have any regrets but need to give it my best shot at a girl for my sanity! xx