PDA

View Full Version : Blood Test for Gender Determination

Lassie1982
March 3rd, 2012, 07:47 PM
Has anyone heard about these types of tests?

I have seen the urine tests, and dont believe those, but do you think there could be some proper scientific basis for blood tests? Or is it still all a scam?

Gender Test: Product Home: Nimble Diagnostics Australia: Paternity, Paternity Test, Early Gender Test, DNA Ancestry Test, Personal Drug Test, Nutraceuticals, Paternity Testing, Early Gender Testing, DNA Ancestry Testing, Personal Drug Testing, Cancer (http://www.nimblediagnostics.com.au/CC25759E002852C8/home/gen)

nuthinbutpink
March 3rd, 2012, 10:38 PM
I asked Carole, our resident embryologist and she said the blood ones could be accurate. There's a post on it in her forum.

atomic sagebrush
March 5th, 2012, 09:26 AM
The blood tests are up to 95% accurate but you must be very careful not to contaminte them with anything and to follow the directions exactly.

sugarspice12
April 3rd, 2012, 12:45 PM
I have tried this amd am still waiting on the results. I will tell you one thing though, you need a LOT of blood to complete the test, I was shocked!

ashkash
April 4th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Also, the science is actually not really there. There are a number of researchers who have found that fetal DNA can linger in a mother's system for many years. If you could be certain that you had never, ever been pregnant with a boy, then you could probably trust one of these tests. But if you've ever conceived a boy, even if it ended in early m/c, his fetal DNA could still be present in your body. This happened to me when I was pg with DD & did the AcuGen Baby Gender Mentor blood test. Cleaned my bathroom thoroughly & followed all precautions not to contaminate the test. They said they found fetal Y chromosomes in my blood; therefore, they concluded I was pg with a boy. Well, she's all girl, and they gave me double my money back after she was born. But after this happened to quite a few women, some of us did the research & found that it's just not reliable science. I highly recommend not wasting your money on these tests, as it can't give you 100% peace of mind & can very easily lead to unnecessary heartache.

atomic sagebrush
April 5th, 2012, 04:19 PM
That is good to know ash, thank you.