PDA

View Full Version : Come Backs

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
March 3rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
I know that there were threads on what to say back to dumb comments but not sure where the thread it. It may have been on IG.

But for me, I think if I have some good things to say back, it will help instead of being caught off guard and not know what to say.

So I wanted to post this for people to list some things to say back to people. I have some.

Oh 3 girls or if they say 3 boys, 4 boys etc. etc are you going to try for that boy or girl?

I do not know. I have not given it any though. Or

When I know, you will be the first to know.

I have no clue. Are you really interested?

We are happy- used this once to the daycare being I did not want to get snooty and I was pregnant.

Oh 3 girls, 3 boys, 4 girls, 4 boys, your poor husband or poor wife

Thanks for noticing.

We are very happy. Thank you.

Answer- Isnt that something.

I am glad that you can see- depends where you are to use this one.

Then there is always the "silence" that you can use.

Or I also like changing the subject
They say rain for tomorrow. I am so glad the warm weather is coming. Did they say rain for tomorrow? Then they will repeat the question about the gender. Then you just repeat. I love the warm weather, snow (or whatever you say). Then they should get the hint. This can only be use I think if they ask you a question directly.

Sometimes there are those comments when walking in and out of door with your children or just passing in the street etc.

If anybody wants to ad to this, it can be fun.

I know that it usually does not make us feel better if we are sad inside, but at least it helps us put others in their place.

Have fun with the come backs!!!!!!!!!

Cinss
March 4th, 2012, 02:29 AM
I have seen ladies saying they use "Actually to get 3,4,5 of a kind is very hard/special"

Are you hoping for a boy/girl? - "Of course, wouldn't you?"

You poor thing - "Actually i am very blessed"

Princess of Pink
March 4th, 2012, 03:13 AM
When I am in a bad mood I say... "I am talented, I only produce the superior sex" (please don't take offence boy mummies).

Or if they don't bother me I just say "Yeah we don't make penises".

You get some odd looks but most people laugh.

I hate the poor DH, I wouldn't want to be in your house during the teen years with 5 girls having pms or rubbish about paying for 5 weddings.

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
March 4th, 2012, 10:11 PM
I like actually "we are really blessed".

The other ones are brave and funny.

soverysad
March 9th, 2012, 06:31 PM
The best ive used on a very bad day
"wow 3 boys!"
Me: "wow you can count"

She went really red must have thought of what she just said then added they are all very cute!

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
March 10th, 2012, 09:32 PM
The best ive used on a very bad day
"wow 3 boys!"
Me: "wow you can count"

She went really red must have thought of what she just said then added they are all very cute!

This one is a little close to what I want to say "I am glad that you can see". LOL

I mean it is just so ridiculous to point out what we already know :)