PDA

View Full Version : PGD with high FSH

Tinks
March 3rd, 2012, 10:24 PM
Hi, I am starting my PGD journey for a girl but have FSH of 16 and AFC 17, just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation and had a positive outcome, thanks!

nuthinbutpink
March 3rd, 2012, 10:36 PM
How old are you?

nuthinbutpink
March 3rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
Also, did they test your AMH level?

Tinks
March 3rd, 2012, 10:56 PM
I am 36, I have been taking DHEA for 3 months and CO-Q10, my FSH has come down slightly from 18, all other results were normal, I am lucky my clinic are willing to work with me. How high was your FSH and did you take any supplements to help? Thanks!

glory
March 3rd, 2012, 11:14 PM
The brand of DHEA helps a lot, here in Australia you get it specially compounded and it is pretty pure in America there are a lot of brands you can get that may or may not be that great, so look into that.

I took 75mg a day for 3 months and my FSH went down from 9 to 5.

Also I think most doctors these days look at the AMH, how is that looking?

Tinks
March 3rd, 2012, 11:37 PM
Thanks for your response, they did not mention my AMH, I was just told all other results were normal. I just started drinking wheatgrass this week and am hoping that will help too.

They like to see an FSH of 15 or under at my clinic so I am so close but would like it to be lower so I don't waste a cycle.

nuthinbutpink
March 4th, 2012, 06:41 AM
It is definitely high but all you can do is try. You have a great AFC though.

nuthinbutpink
March 4th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I just looked at our current cyclers and one OHW had a FSH of 15. She ended up with 4 normals so it can happen. Proven fertility trumps poor pretesting in most cases. They don't have stats for fertile women.

perrypop3
March 4th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Hello, just coming on to say I had a fsh 15 and am currently a OHW bfp, it can happen! I drank lots of wheatgrass and took supps for 12 weeks, I don't know for definite if it helped but I do wonder because I ended up with 4 good quality embies, which is more typical for my age (than my high fsh was, I'm 34) I really think it all helped

Good luck

Tinks
March 4th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Hi, wow that's great news many congrats to you! That really gives me hope as everything you read about high FSH is so negative, it's nice to hear a positive story. Did your FSH come down at all while you were taking supplements and wheatgrass? What supplements did you take? Thanks for posting!

perrypop3
March 4th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I know how you feel, I always remember a girl on Ingender who gaveme lots of hope, her name was greenzelda and she too had high fsh and success. It's so good to hear hope!

I took the following sups:

Wheatgrass 1 sachet per day and last month 2 a day
Prenatal Pregnacare 1 aday
Co enzyme Q10
royal jelly
bee propolis
fish oil omega 3

I had DH taking the following for 12 weeks too...

co enzyme q10
male pregnacare
fish oil omega 3

royal jelly, bee propolis and wheatgrass are all supposed to help with egg quality.

For all the supps I took they mostly said take anything from 1-6 tablets aday! Very vague, so I just took one a day each mostly because to keep cost down!

I didn't have time to pretest again to see how my fsh levels had been effected, but when I ended up with a good response, 14 eggs and 4 normals after 24 GSN I am sure they must've helped.

I wanted to go ahead with the protocol that matched my worst fsh, I was worried if I tested lower which level would I then believe, and in turn the docs may have felt obliged to adjust my protocol again. Dr p agreed it was wise to match the meds protocol to my worst fsh so I never tested again, hope that makes sense

Tinks
March 5th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks for all the info! I remember greenzelda on ingender I used to go on that website too (but never posted!) - what was her outcome did she ever get a BFP?

What protocol were you on for your cycle? My doc has my meds down as Follitism 300 and Luveris 75, I can't seem to find too much info on Luveris but I have read its used for women like me with high FSH.

Did your doc ever recommend acupuncture at all for your FSH? I have read that is supposed to help but its expensive!

Are you English? I noticed your location was London?

nuthinbutpink
March 5th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Greenzelda delieverd twins. I was on a flare protocol.

perrypop3
March 5th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Yes Im English, and yes as nbp said greenzelda had twins!

I was on a flare protocol too, gonal f 450 and 2 powders menopur each day. Lupron twice a day throughout too.
Im not familiar with luveris so not sure, sorry.

I was never recommended acupuncture so I didn't do it, but I've heard good things too.

Tinks
March 5th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I am not too familiar with all the different protocols but I guess a flare protocol is supposed to be more effective for people with a low ovarian reserve?

What meds were you on nuthinbutpink?

Do you know what greenzelda's FSH was? That is fantastic that she had twins another success story - great to hear.

Well I was hoping to cycle this month but my AF has not showed up (typical!) so I am waiting.....

I am English too but living in the US.

perrypop3
March 5th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Ah good luck with your cycle :)

Yes flare protocol is for us with low ovarian reserve, I think its supposed to shock our systems into stims. I think I only did 2 or 3 days lupron alone and then I began my stims.

Not sure of green zeldas fsh, Im sure I remember it being around 15 though...

All the best, so nice you're living in the states, your definitely in the right country for pgd!

nuthinbutpink
March 5th, 2012, 01:34 PM
GZ's FSH was 12.

Tinks
March 5th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Thank you I will keep you updated on my cycle! Did you cycle for an xx or an xy? How many did you get of each? I am considering do sperm sort too to increase my chances of a girl, so much to think about!

nuthinbutpink
March 5th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I would absolutely use sorting if you can. I did HT for a boy. We have several women that have been to Gebesis and used the sorting. The sorting seems to work. Most of them post in the member forum. We have detailed cycle diaries of each person's cycle in there.

With a high FSH, you will likely lose many due to abnormals do anything to increase having the correct gender shall help.